James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Snow in the UK Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 31 December 2018 11:40
I'm in the North East and although we had some snow in the wind earlier today, no proper snow yet but through last night and this morning it was very windy which caused a few problems for commuters this morning.

From the Hebrides News report you have had very strong winds across the islands, I hope the force of the wind is lessening now, as it seems to be moving further south.  I hope your power cuts get fixed soon so that you can at least keep warm even if it does snow and blow!
Post #242922
Posted 05 December 2013 21:17

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 21 January 2019 18:52
Yeah, the wind has gone down a lot, hopefully it'll stay at bay for a while yet. It's at times like this that I'm glad we don't have many big trees here, they're all skinny wee things so just bend a bit with the wind. The worst I've heard is a neighbour having his solar panels ripped from the roof and someone had a window or two blown in last night, so nothing too major.

The general rule here is 70mph+ is time to stay indoors and 90mph+ is when I get worried of what the morning will bring.

The North East can be pretty hard going from what I hear, I have family in the East of the Borders and they always seem to have a tough time with pipes freezing/bursting and it being difficult getting around with the snow so deep. I don't think I'd ever be prepared for that kind of living!

I hope places are prepared to grit roads on time, there's a town near me that made a silly mistake earlier in the year where people watched as the gritter lorry was closely followed by the road sweep

Post #242944
Posted 08 December 2013 17:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 April 2014 19:07
We had a light 'icing sugar sprinkle' of snow of Friday but nothing since *looks round for some wood to touch*

Huggles
Vhari x
Post #243038
Posted 11 December 2013 03:03
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 April 2018 16:44
no snow and i don't expect it..too warm
Post #243162
Posted 20 March 2018 16:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 March 2019 14:17
We had more snow this year, the last time we had snow that bad was back in 2010. It wouldn't be such a problem if the roads was gritted more often.
Post #285667
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 3:23pm