James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Where have all the absent boardies gone? Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
I was looking on the old message board and was surprised to see how many board members don't post here anymore, which is a great shame.
International88 use to post a lot on the News Forum, but not since february. Maybe things have changed in some people's lives and they have moved on. Has anyone missed any board members who no longer post?
Post #91431
Posted 07 October 2008 15:51

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 31 December 2014 01:38
Yes, many... mostly boardies from the original board whom I have known for years, but know they seem to be disappearing and I don't post that often anymore either (sorry for that!!).
hmm
Post #91432
Posted 07 October 2008 16:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 September 2010 15:06
Its frankly outrageous, these people who come and go.....

Anyone fancy a steak supper?
Post #91433
Posted 07 October 2008 16:10
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
The mind's a complicated abysfull maze; we'll probably never know how it works.
Post #91434
Posted 07 October 2008 16:15
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
Tis true....there have been many MANY that I've seen come and go since I started here in 2005.

There are many who've lost their interest in James and his music and many others who come to the boards and read, but don't post for a variety of reasons.

Incidentally, Internationall 88 has entered the college life in sunny Southern California over the past year, so she's been quite busy with things non-Blunty....pfft, those people who have lives, I swear.
Post #91435
Posted 07 October 2008 16:37
Supreme Being

I remember for a fact now...I used to visit these boards...I'd post, but get the wrong impression...my head hurts; almost lol
Post #91436
Posted 07 October 2008 17:30
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
I recall International 88 was the go to and gopher info. person, but has a life in college now? Good for her, a mind is a terrible thing to let go to waste [ and scramble up beyond recognition in some cases].

There are a few other boardies who came from sunny California if I recall, I haven't heard from one of them in very long time.
I wonder also if the "You're Beautiful" gleam has worn off and they are losing interest? What a shame, considering James is branching out into other genres and interpretations of music.
Where ever did our stirring things up with a stick, friend Chris go?

When I first joined, back before the old boards were put to rest- I recall feeling as though most of the boardies knew each other well and knew something I didn't or maybe they knew a lot that I did, but weren't supposed to..
Post #91437
Posted 07 October 2008 17:38

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 17:01
<sigh....BIG Sigh> Bellboys....you are missed....BIGTIME!
Post #91438
Posted 07 October 2008 17:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 May 2012 18:16
From personal; experiance, things happen beyond our control, which means we are not on the boards for periods of time.

There are also some names back that have not posted for awhile, I think we are are all there in the background.

Snail
Post #91439
Posted 07 October 2008 18:04
Supreme Being

Oh wow...bellboys is a name from a REALLY long time ago! : ) I remember when people thought bellboys was actually James....until he posted during a gig.

blue...I'm sure for some, the novelty has worn off and for others, there are many reasons why they don't visit/post anymore.

It sort of ebbs and flows 'round here depending on what James is up to...
Post #91440
Posted 07 October 2008 19:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
People's interests change and they move on to different things. But that's life and in no way does it diminish their time spent here. It was a pleasure just to share that time with them even if it just a brief moment in their life. It definitely was an honour as well.

Some that I remember from when I first came were Emilialiberty and Audra.
Post #91441
Posted 07 October 2008 22:57
Supreme Being

yes- I recall Audra.. it does make you wonder though doesn't it- what sort of things they've moved onto.?
Post #91442
Posted 08 October 2008 03:03

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 March 2018 21:17
Blue...I wonder sometimes too. There were many names I use to love to read their posts...

Life has a way of "interfering" with our interests...
Post #91443
Posted 08 October 2008 04:17

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2014 03:07
People will always come and go. Sometimes the novelty just wears off, and other times, life just pulls at you in too many directions.

I bet there will always be many more lurkers than posters. I myself love checking into "Bedlam" every night, before I "check out" for the day.

Wonder what every happened to "Plavwell"? I miss her posts. "Angela.....where for art thou?????"
Post #91444
Posted 08 October 2008 05:13
Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 October 2013 17:07
Well, I'm still here. Since when, Stella???????????? For us, it's May 06?????????????
Post #91445
Posted 08 October 2008 13:36
Supreme Being

*looks at the winding direction of this conversation*
Guess there's no way I can draw a line straight through, hmm?
*feels satisfied things are back on course...leaves*
Post #91446
Posted 08 October 2008 18:17

Supreme Being

Last Login: 21 July 2013 20:15
i still love the boards a lot, and james as well, and I'm counting down the days until I see him next - life's kept me insanely busy, I've just started uni (first lecture course was today :O) and it's so hard to keep up with everything going on on the boards !!! I'm not gone, but I rarely long in and try to read as much as i can (which is not that much) but flakie is keeping me updated as well
Post #91447
Posted 08 October 2008 18:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 31 December 2014 01:38
You're welcome. I'm really looking forward to the European tour in a few days and I'd actually love to post more but I'm hesitating for some reason... In March a lot of people whom I had never heard of or seen before knew my name because they are reading this board. Most of them were friendly, but it's kind of frightening me. Like 'they see me but I can't see them'.
And on the other hand, this board has become really big. I remember the time when there used to be only a handful of people, everybody knew each other and all. But these times have obviously gone, luckily gone, if we're speaking in terms of James' success. Yet I miss them and sometimes it's annoying to see the same old spam threads popping but again and again keeping poor Billy busy. Sometimes I even get the impression some people do only register to have something to write on our good old badges. But I can't read every post or even every thread anymore, so who am I to judge?
I'm still very happy this board exists because music is about connecting people and this surely is what happens on here.
xxx
Post #91448
Posted 08 October 2008 19:41
Supreme Being

I am touched so many "senior" ( not mean age) boarders dedicated in support of JB & other boarders, this kind of passion & connection is priceless.
Post #91449
Posted 08 October 2008 20:42
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

I still lob in the odd piece of nonesense.....x
Post #91450
Posted 08 October 2008 20:46
Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 August 2017 21:44
I miss Audra - where has she gone (sigh)
Post #91451
Posted 08 October 2008 21:27

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2017 13:20
I miss that Fentiger bloke ... Oh how I used to laugh at all his stupid posts!
Post #91452
Posted 08 October 2008 21:41
Supreme Being

I still laugh at his stupid posts....even after all this time. some are too classic to forget.
Post #91453
Posted 08 October 2008 21:41
Supreme Being

Thought of three other 'oldies' today that I really miss seeing post:

cherry77
MizJessie (MooOOoOooo!)
amorphia
Post #91454
Posted 08 October 2008 22:07
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

MooOOooOOOooOOoo...!

I'm only back mooig coz Gena said so! And here's the answer to the question I just know someone is going to ask: YES I would jump off a cliff, bridge.. plane etc. with and/or for my Queen any day!

MooOOoo...!
Post #91455
Posted 08 October 2008 22:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2017 13:20
lol!

Seriously, I think people move on for different reasons. I am actually in touch with quite few people who could be classed as 'oldies' many of whom don't post here anymore, but once posted regulary. They are very much JB fans though, and still meet up and go to gigs, buy the music etc. And some of them pop in from time to time to see whats going on, whats the latest news etc.

I think for many this messageboard has changed so much since the time they first joined that it's maybe lost its appeal to them, and maybe they feel they dont really fit in here anymore. Or it might be a simple case of not having the time, or simply moving onto other things that interest them instead...albeit other bands or artists, or more personal things in their real lives.

What I've learnt is being a member of this messageboard doesn't make anybody more of a JB fan than somebody who doesn't visit or post. We can see this at gigs.... there are far more people going to JB concerts than there are active messageboard members here.
Post #91456
Posted 09 October 2008 03:26
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
This board was not in my plans for this year.....nor had I even heard of Mr. Blunt before January.....yes, I was under a ROCK..........what a precious treasure the entire BLUNT band and board have been for me.....though I do not post a lot...i do read when I can...and trust me the KINDNESS on this board is overwhelming.

This year was quite eventful for me (leaving my husband, being a single mom, finding new friends, a new town and finding ME again).....the board (in a strange way) reminded me of how great it is to take a chance and to let yourself be heard....People do come and go, but the love they bring will never leave the hearts they touch.

I AM FINALLY EMPLOYED....so I can now focus more time on the board ...lol. ....I feel sooo grateful as the US economy SUCKS.....and I got what I wanted...yeah for me.
Post #91457
Posted 09 October 2008 07:28
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 November 2011 18:48
I don't post as often as I used to, but I'm still around, and I'm still in touch with some old boardies from the early days!
Post #91458
Posted 09 October 2008 08:29

Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 February 2011 22:24
Excellent news Girlhazel. Congratulations!
I miss Cherry77 too.
Lotsa people come and go. They contribute, often make an impression, sometimes enter our hearts and then move on.
I feel lucky to have 'met' these souls and have shared some great laughs or poignant moments.
Tis all good.
Post #91459
Posted 09 October 2008 22:00
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 July 2015 11:36
i've been away a week....does that count? hehehehe!

i know what Fen means, the boards have changed a lot and i don't post as much as i used to.....not quite as comfy here as i used to be....but thats the normal order of things i spose, ebb and flow....some leave and some join.....
Post #91460
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 6:46pm