James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««56789»»

John Garrison Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 04 December 2018 18:37
Thanks JBfan, i really really really like it.

He has an anti-gravity kind of texture to his music. It takes me to a place feeling weightless as though the strings of gravity snapped and let go of me.

Post #227075
Posted 13 June 2013 04:05

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 20:43
We must be very close to the release of the album Satellites02... John looks proud and happy in this picture posted on Twitter:

Satellites01 Satellites01 11 Jun 2013
Oh what's that...? Just the test pressings of Satellites02 on double vinyl. https://twitter.com/Satellites01/status/344393900183654400

Edited: This new link should work.
Post #230857
Posted 13 June 2013 11:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 December 2018 12:57
It won't allow me to see the pic on twitter but i'm sure he looks really proud
Well done John!
Post #230861
Posted 15 June 2013 17:18

Supreme Being

Fresh news from Satellites01 Twitter feed and Facebook page

Satellites01 ‏15 June 2013
Very pleased and proud to announce Satellites.02 will be released 5th August.

Album's logo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/6968_465109753572406_318271340_n.jpg

Post #230898
Posted 11 August 2013 17:10

Supreme Being

So many wonderful things happening in his solo career at the moment. His album "Satellites 02" was officially released on Monday August 5th. As for the first album "Satellites 01", he's getting a lot of recognition everywhere in the indie music world. Lots of very positive critics and support from different countries.

I won't post an exhaustive list of links here, but I can only suggest you to have a look at the fantastic work he's doing. I hope that he will be playing with James' band on the Moon Landing Tour.

Satellites on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/satellites01

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Satellites02

Video for the song "Wasteland" on Muzu.TV:
http://www.muzu.tv/satellites/wasteland-music-video/1939131/?partnerId=fb921

Post #234128
Posted 04 October 2013 07:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 November 2015 11:34
Great Susan !
Post #238859
Posted 04 October 2013 10:06

Supreme Being

Isn't it amazing Susan, twice in one week! It was lovely meeting and chatting with you again.

I loved and enjoyed each second of this intimate concert with John and his fantastic musicians. It was also a nice surprise to see the Satellites choir joining the band. I feel extremely privileged to have been there in that small venue, having paid a ridiculous £5 to see a perfect and highly professional performance. John has got a lot of recognition so far in the indie music world but he deserves to be known much more than that. I'm officially a big fan of his music.

Their drummer Simon, was the one who replaced Karl when James performed at Hyde Park. I suggested him to stick with them, only good things can happen to Satellites from now on.

Post #238862
Posted 04 October 2013 10:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 July 2018 19:21
Thanks for the reviews - sounds great. Really wish I could have been there.

John is a very talented singer and musician in his own right.
Post #238863
Posted 04 October 2013 11:49

Supreme Being

So glad you and Trinity had a great time seeing John Aline, so happy that you made it there too Susan
Post #238873
Posted 04 October 2013 18:59

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
thank you for your stories Now I know who was the drummer.....
Post #238906
Posted 25 October 2013 11:39

Supreme Being

From Naomi Hood blog. She took pictures during the gig:
http://nomeshome.tumblr.com/post/64939054651/satellites-229-the-venue

And while I'm here, let me introduce you the drummer Mr. Simon Lea
http://www.simonlea.net/

Post #240808
Posted 25 October 2013 12:12

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 26 April 2018 23:36
uauuuuuu!!!!what happenned to karl?.......ill miss him...

well....welcome to this chicken farm simon!!!!...oops...no.....welcome to the james blunt fans forum..oh my...i guess ill have to send you new marracas.....karl may have taken them with him......
Post #240812
Posted 20 May 2014 03:51

Supreme Being

I'm very happy for John with his "Satellites" project. The new EP as well as the first album are now available to download from iTunes Canada and United States. This great music won't remain a hidden gem in Europe. I wish John all the best on the North American music scene. Chris Pemberton is also a band member (on live performances).

U.S.A.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/satellites-istedgade-ep-ep/id876535299

Canada
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/satellites-istedgade-ep-ep/id876535299

Satellites: Istedgade EP (released May 14, 2014)

Track listing:

1. Neon Sun
2. Encore Encore
3. Spent Venom
4. A Million Drums

The first album "Satellites.01"
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/satellites.01/id860645995

~~~

John interviewed on the Chris Martin Show, Amazing Radio, August 15, 2013.

http://amazingradio.com/showcontent/amazingbreakfast/chris-interviews-amazingbreakfast/interview-satellites

Post #252981
Posted 18 June 2014 02:52

Supreme Being

Congratulations John! I foresee a very very busy period ahead and I don't need a crystal ball to predict that!

http://ventsmagazine.com/satellites-satellites-satellites_band-release-british-sleeper-hit-02-in-the-u-s-free-mp3/

Satellites Satellites (@Satellites_band) Release British Sleeper Hit 02 in the U.S. + FREE Mp3!

RJ FROMETA
17 June, 2014

In the summer of 2012, a completely unknown band called Satellites released an elaborately packaged, “limited edition” (only 500 copies) album simply entitled Satellites 01. The album, available only in the UK, garnered rave reviews, winding up #16 on Rough Trade’s “Best Albums of 2012” that year.

Satellites 02 followed soon after, again released only in the UK, with gorgeous “bring back the beauty of the album” packaging, and again the critically acclaimed album wound up on Rough Trade’s “Best Albums of 2013” charts.

Satellites is actually writer, singer, multi-instrumentalist and producer Johnny Vic, an Englishman living in Copenhagen, who has spent most of his professional life touring the world as a band member and musical director for other more famous artists.

Since their initial release both 01 and 02 have gained momentum. They became blogger gold in the UK, word of mouth successes that received write-ups from The Guardian, Mojo & Clash. This summer Vic is finally making his long-awaited jump across the pond, releasing 02 for an American audience. The American release will be available as a “producer’s cut,” featuring four more tracks than its UK counterpart.

To celebrate the release of Satellites 02 in the U.S., Vic is giving away “God Bless America,” his own introspective homage to our fine land. The song is written from the perspective of a foreigner spending a two-year stint living in the States. “I wrote the song one sleepless night in a hotel room somewhere in middle America,” he says. “I was channel hopping and the song is literally about what was on TV. Only in America would you see a guy selling a piece of cloth that he said had been blessed by Jesus and that, if purchased and kept about one’s person, would scare off the devil! Then there was a news article about some lonely kid who had gone on a gun rampage. It’s not an anti-American song by any means. It’s more a song about how crazy the place is for someone coming from outside.“

Look for 02, out in the US, on August 19, 2014.

Post #253574
Posted 17 July 2014 03:22

Supreme Being

Very nice things are happening to John in his solo career. I can't be happier for him.

SATELLITES.02 launches across Europe and the US in August via @INgrooves.

~~~

http://www.elmoremagazine.com/2014/07/music-news/exclusive-this-is-all-that-there-is-new-music-video-by-satellites

EXCLUSIVE: “This is All That There Is,” New Music Video by Satellites
Music News | July 16th, 2014

Satellites new music videoSatellites, the one-man band of Johnny Vic, will be releasing sophomore album, 02, for American audiences for the first time. The long awaited album release will be distributed as a “producer’s cut” and will feature four more tracks than its UK counterpart. Vic, an Englishman living in Copenhagen, has spent the majority of his professional life as a band member and musical director for other artists. The video for “This is All That There Is,” features multi-instrumentalist Vic performing in London’s Saint Saviour Church, alongside a choir, pianist and cellist. The track is an angelic confessional, so it seems fitting that the video takes place within a religious setting.

Since their original release in the UK, 01 and 02 have gained momentum, receiving critical acclaim online and resurrecting previous works by Satellites. To celebrate the release of his album in the U.S., Vic has written his own version of “God Bless America,” an homage to the country, in which he writes from the perspective of a foreigner staying in the country for two years. Look out for the release of 02, out in the U.S. on August 19th.

You can watch the video for “This is All That There Is” below, exclusively on Elmore.

- Samantha M. Lopez

Note: Chris Pemberton plays the piano.

Post #254410
Posted 17 July 2014 12:45

Supreme Being

Wow John, that's fantastic news, well done!
Post #254412
Posted 08 October 2015 00:49

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36
jbfan132
Posted 11 September 2015 14:09

I'm speechless watching this video and listening to the moving lyrics written by John Garrison. You can count on me, John, to share this video.

https://www.facebook.com/satellites01/posts/844538265629551

As father of a 5 year old boy, last Wednesday’s picture of Aylan Kurdi - the Syrian boy washed up on the Turkish beach - broke my heart. What must have been this little boy’s last moments? What was going through his little confused mind? Little boys are meant to be safe and cared for. A family’s dreams washed up on a beach meant for play. My girlfriend suggested I put my feelings into a song and maybe, just maybe, turn an awful situation into a positive one. So I wrote and recorded this song that afternoon - the verses being from the view point of a little boy like Aylan, the chorus speaking for me as a Father, or maybe all of us. After all, we are all just Mums and Dads, Sons and Daughters.’

Any income generated from this song will be donated to the Refugee Crisis Appeal run by www.savethechildren.org.uk.

Please do anything you can to help with the Refugee Crisis and prevent further suffering of children like Aylan.

https://youtu.be/YvJ-CgdUc_A

'Little Boy' was written, played and produced by Johnny Vic on 04.09.2015 in response to the images of Aylan Kurdi in the news - the very young Syrian Refugee washed up on a beach in Turkey.

LITTLE BOY

Squeeze in the boat now
Dad says we must go
A family adventure
I wonder where to
I left all my old toys
All my old clothes
Mum says they're better
Where we're going to
I'm gonna make
So many friends
Play new playgrounds
Play new games
And Mum and Dad
Will smile again

You were welcome
In my home
Had I only known
I'd give you toys
And bedtime stories
Until your bright eyes close

Little boy
Little boy
Little boy
Little boy
Little boy
Let down by a grown up world

People are shouting
Dad's looking scared
I can feel water
I can't see my friends
I don't want to play
This anymore
I am scared
I am cold
Mum and Dad
I want to go home

You were welcome
In my home
Had I only known
I'd give you toys
And bedtime stories
Until your bright eyes close

Little boy
Little boy
Little boy
Little boy
Little boy
Let down by a grown up world

lonelydancer
Posted 11 September 2015 17:31

Oh John, this is beautiful! Such a sad sad story, beautiful lyrics, i have tears rolling down my face, that kind of brings it all home eh? This poor little boy hoping for a better life, the poor father hoping for a better life for his family, instead, he loses both of his sons and his wife................................

Thank you for sharing jbfan132
Kiss
Post #271929
Posted 16 April 2016 17:17

Supreme Being

Good news from John!

This is what an 11:59pm record deal signing looks like. We are Go. July is SATS:04. #satellites04 #satellitesglitch

https://www.facebook.com/satellites01/photos/a.456501291099919.1073741825.400612733355442/951250174958359/?type=3&theater

~~~

We were expecting the release of Satellites 03... Here's why it's going to be Satellites 04 instead:

Someone asked John: What happened to Satellites 03?
His reply:
03 is a complicated beast. And it's way too intimidating for the current music industry. So it will have to wait. But in true Star Wars stylee, I can't break the sequence.

03 is kinda immense .... and weird and huge and massive, but introverted and confused. Unfortunately I've not found a channel/label/ partner to see my vision yet. But one day I will. And it will all make sense . But until then......... 04

Post #276013
Posted 19 April 2016 08:31
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 July 2018 12:31
Sooo happy for John.

Looking forward to his next album.
Post #276035
Posted 20 April 2016 17:21

Supreme Being

Update from John. Before Satellites.03 is released, there will be Satellites.04:Glitch...

https://www.facebook.com/satellites01/posts/953599441390099

Late last year, having completed SATELLITES.03 and in the process of planning its release, my Mum suffered a severe stroke which put everything on hold. For the next 89 days that my Mum was in hospital, in between visits, I sat at her piano alone in her empty house and started to write. There was no plan behind this. It was just my way of dealing with the situation. It later became apparent that Mum was never coming home again, requiring full time care. So my family and I started packing everything down into boxes and preparing the house to sell to pay for the care.

Coincidentally during this whole process, I had started a conversation with Final 500 records in Holland. We had been discussing an EP release. But as the collection of songs written at Mum’s piano started to grow and develop a sound of their own, we decided to make them an album and release it immediately. So I have put 03 on hold and am very proud to announce the pre-sale of a very limited run of only 500 vinyl copies of SATELLITES.04 GLITCH.

I have called it GLITCH because that is exactly what it feels like when I visit my Mum. She is still the same wonderful woman who brought me into this world and who has loved and cared for me all these years. It’s still Mum. Just with a Glitch.

Johnny
x

To pre-order on Final 500 Records:
http://final500records.nl/shop/satellites-satellites-04-glitch-ffhr003/

Listen to album opener 'Overload':
https://soundcloud.com/satellites_band/satellites04-glitch-1

Post #276043
Posted 08 July 2016 19:14

Supreme Being

Album to be released at the beginning of August 2016. Two songs can be listened via SoundCloud: 'Overload' and 'Just Pull Over'

http://final500records.nl/shop/satellites-satellites-04-glitch-ffhr003/

Post #277001
Posted 08 July 2016 19:30

Supreme Being

Great, well done John and co.!
The first album was superb so this will be great too i'm sure, sad story goes with it though, so sorry John.
Post #277003
Posted 19 August 2016 17:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
In James' promotional appearances, you're in the corner playing multiple instruments looking so calm and cool. How does anyone do that !?!
Post #277341
Posted 19 August 2016 17:47
Supreme Being

Hi,

I love Johns music.

My favourite songs is cold coffee.

Hope he will go on a tour to promote his new album.
Post #277342
Posted 30 September 2016 01:34

Supreme Being

Satellites.04: Glitch is now available as digital download via Bandcamp. Album should be available soon in CD physical format.

Don't miss the video "Faith & I" featuring Viktor, John's son. Beautiful and moving images.

http://satellites-band.bandcamp.com/album/satellites-04-glitch

Post #277753
Posted 30 September 2016 16:27

Supreme Being

What a great song and video, Viktor is a beautiful child, what a star he is!
Post #277760
Posted 03 October 2016 18:03

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
Great song. A hug to John. I'm relating this to a family situation right now.

I also thought of my mother, who carries guilt over what she had not been able to give us, as I do in regard to my own failings towards my children. Do they love me enough? Yes, they do. It might look like I'm supporting them, but it's really them that saved me.
Post #277785
Posted 03 October 2016 21:04
Supreme Being

Hi all,

John Garrison is doing a gig on the 26 th of November

at 20.00-23.00.

At the Garage in Rotterdam,Netherlands.

Details on John's wedside.
Post #277788
Posted 05 October 2016 13:30

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 13:38
jbfan132 (30/09/2016)
Satellites.04: Glitch is now available as digital download via Bandcamp. Album should be available soon in CD physical format.

Don't miss the video "Faith & I" featuring Viktor, John's son. Beautiful and moving images.

http://satellites-band.bandcamp.com/album/satellites-04-glitch

Love this video

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #277794
Posted 29 November 2016 17:22

Supreme Being

From John on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/satellites01/posts/1117907431625965

I'm immensely proud to be part of the Torch Song project that has been set up by CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) which is an award-winning charity dedicated to preventing male suicide, the single biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK.

Everyone has moments when things get tough, but we all have a favourite track that can turn things around. A single song can change how you feel. That’s your Torch Song — it lights the way out of the dark.
I was asked to make a cover of my own Torch Song. So I have recorded a version of "Life's What You Make It" by "Talk Talk"

Have a listen here and trip out on the visuals..!!

SATELLITES covers 'Life's What You Make It' by Talk Talk
https://youtu.be/BbEYnMhT0BA

Behind the scenes video where he talks about why he chose that song
https://youtu.be/up_o1or0x00

To learn more about the project:
http://www.torchsongs.co.uk/

CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably)
https://thecalmzone.net/

Post #278370
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««56789»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 10:23pm