James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Amy Winehouse Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:55
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/music-news-story/ar/_a/amy-winehouse-jailed-in-marijuana-bust/20071019070309990001

"OSLO (Oct. 19) - Amy Winehouse was arrested and held overnight in Norway for possession of a small quantity of marijuana, police said on Friday.

The 24-year-old's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, and a third person were also arrested in their hotel room after police received a "credible tip" from an unnamed source.

Winehouse and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil (seen in London earlier this month) were arrested in a hotel room in Norway with a third person for possessing a small amount of marijuana.

The group had about seven grams of marijuana and was brought in for questioning on Thursday night. They were released on Friday morning after agreeing to pay a fine of about 500 euros each.

"This was a minor quantity of a light drug, so the size of the fine is normal," prosecutor Lars Morten Lothe at Hordaland police district told Reuters.

Reports that Winehouse has been suffering from an eating disorder, drug and alcohol abuse have dominated tabloid headlines over the last year."

this is really sad, and I'm worried for her. I really love her music and it's sad to see such a young, talented person waste her life on drugs and achohol abuse.
Post #66867
Posted 20 October 2007 04:01
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:53
I'm most concerned about her eating disorder. Without the drugs & alcohol would her music be what it is ? She certainly couldn't have written Rehab. She reminds me of Janis Joplin not to say that I wish her the same end. I loved Janis Joplin before I ever heard her music - she is just so damn cute - like a little puppy dog that you can't help hugging !!!

Your headline caught my attention, so glad it's only posession of weed.
Post #66868
Posted 20 October 2007 18:31
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
Perhaps her album should have been called
back to blackout?

That is not a very nice thing to say, but that woman does need intervention immediately. "don't wanna go to rehab? no no no no. " ?

yes yes yes yes. Unless she is consciously drinking herself to death, she needs to ask herself the question-
where are you now? It is sad we have to watch people in the media spot light engineer their own destruction because of substance abuse. Janis Joplin was a woman ahead of her time, operating in the male dominated world of Rock and Roll, it makes me wonder what she would have accomplished if it hadn't been for .. well you know.
Post #66869
Posted 20 October 2007 18:46
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
She has got such a talent but she is throwing it away on drink and drugs, very sad. She seems to have got worse since she got married, i think that man she is married to is a bad influence.
Post #66870
Posted 20 October 2007 18:59
Supreme Being

On that note, is that not also along the same lines of another super talent - Whitney Houston, who's vocal range is incredible, but not after her marriage and the dramatic and tragic merry go round trip she took for all those years being married to what's his name again?

I was relieved to hear she had found herself again and was managing to extract herself from a very destructive life style. It is funny how some people find each other and the one common thing they share is the reason they shouldn't be together. One is an enabler and the other just goes along being enabled and sometimes they switch roles... but is it fair to blame Amy Winehouse's husband for her substance abuse problem? Did she have the same tendency to deny she needed someone to push her to rehab before she got married?
Post #66871
Posted 20 October 2007 19:33
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
Hmmm, so what I'm seeing here is the common denominator being....husbands.
Post #66872
Posted 20 October 2007 19:55
Supreme Being

ya know, the common denominator is having the WRONG husband. Some of them are so smooth, and work hard at charming people, acting all suave and smarmy, concerned and sweet, and then they take a few years to slowly unveil the real them. Some count on their wives to stay quiet and never disagree or leave because there is that vow thing in place, Some are verbally and or physically abusive, others are cold and emotionally distant. "Don't tell anyone and there won't be any trouble, it's only wrong if you're not caught..." "baby you know I need you, but only when my house isn't being cleaned, or when you're not entertaining my kids, or when you're not worrying about everything else i choose not to worry about... or when I need to scratch an itch,
or or or or... personally the institution of marriage in most cultures in MY opinion was structured to benefit men for the most part. Back in the hunter gatherer days women "manned" the fort and protected each other and their children from maruading wild life while men were out on the savannas looking for meat. or so that story goes... dragging women by the hair into caves to tend the home fires and wait on them hand and foot...

yep, it's all about finding the right caveman...
Post #66873
Posted 20 October 2007 20:00
Supreme Being

So true, blue...

It's sad that the cycle of need ends up being so destructive to women...and the men with whom they commit to. The endless catch22 of co-dependency results in these relationships that are full of drama and self-destruction.

Sad.....there have to be honorable cavemen out there somewhere.
Post #66874
Posted 15 November 2007 19:44
Supreme Being

Bless her....

~~~~~

WINEHOUSE IN THE DOGHOUSE AFTER ATROCIOUS TOUR DEBUT

LONDON (AFP) - Troubled soul singer Amy Winehouse kicked off her 17-date tour with a shambolic performance that saw fuming fans booing and marching out, reports said Thursday.

The concert at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, was a chance for the 24-year-old to get back to singing and put her woes behind her.

Winehouse has had "health issues" -- widely reported to be drug and alcohol abuse -- and her party-loving husband Blake Fielder-Civil is being held on grievous bodily harm and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice charges.

But Wednesday's gig at the NIA, which can hold up to 13,000 people, was slammed by angry fans as a "disgrace" after she turned up late and stumbled about the stage.

When punters started jeering, Winehouse snapped: "Let me tell you something. First of all, if you're booing, you're a mug for buying a ticket.

"Second, to all those booing, just wait till my husband gets out of incarceration -- and I mean that."

The Birmingham Mail newspaper's music critic Andy Coleman said it was "one of the saddest nights of my life".

"I saw a supremely talented artist reduced to tears, stumbling around the stage and, unforgivably, swearing at the audience," he wrote.

James Dyas demanded his money back, according to London's Evening Standard newspaper.

"She came on stage half an hour late. She managed four songs but was slurring her words and swaying all over the place," he said.

"She fell into the guitar stand and dropped the microphone -- it was atrocious. The song dedicated to her husband was so bad it was like swinging a cat round your head."

An, from Birmingham, commented on The Times newspaper's website: "Her singing was awful, out of tune and slurred. She sang for around 50 minutes -- drinking throughout.

"I have never seen so many people leave a show. 'Valerie' was my favourite song -- she massacred it!"

Pete Massera, from north-west England, added: "It was an absolutely atrocious gig. I, like many others in the audience, got our coats and left before she even finished the set."

Gary Atwell, from nearby Rugby, said "streams" of fans walked out, according to the BBC website.

"I went out for a sneaky cigarette half way through and at least 40 people left, just in that five minutes," he said.

"Valerie", the closing number, descended into chaos when Winehouse stopped singing, dropped the microphone and walked off stage.

Winehouse, named best British female solo artist at the Brit Awards in February, has rarely been out of the newspapers in recent months due to her lifestyle issues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_uk_afp/entertainmentbritainmusicpeoplewinehouse;_ylt=ArmtETtVHlupr2Z_x8VZTowDW7oF
Post #66875
Posted 15 November 2007 22:57

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
I watched Amy at the EMA awards recently. A very "untogether" acceptance speech and when she got up to perform she was just going through the motions, continually wiping at her nose and looking as if the stage was the last place she wished to be...and this was before her husband's sentence commenced.

She needs some serious help and support - being thrust upon a stage when clearly in no fit state to perform is exactly what she doesn't need right now.

Very, very sad.

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #66876
Posted 15 November 2007 23:17

Supreme Being

Last Login: 12 December 2012 23:55
always seems to me that there are more and more popstars going through this these days..or maybe it is just that themedia covers it more
Post #66877
Posted 17 November 2007 10:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 May 2012 18:16
This girl needs to go into Rehab yes yes yes.

Snail
Post #66878
Posted 19 November 2007 21:56

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Talent like Amy Winehouses doesnt come along often, The Back to Black Album is incredible also her 1st album Frank is so good, Her voice is mesmerising. Have you heard her sing Cupid? Fantastic! I wish her all the best, If she only could realise the happiness and comfort her songs bring to people, I sure that she will get through this, x
Post #66879
Posted 19 November 2007 22:42
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 March 2014 17:48
Maryliz I agree with what you say, but I'm not so sure she will get through this. Such a waste of a young life, and talent.
Post #66880
Posted 19 November 2007 22:43
Supreme Being

yes maryliz ur right. amy has a brilliant talent and it saddens me that she's not getting help like she needs. shes such a great singer and do enjoy her music, but i just hope she gets her act together!
Post #66881
Posted 20 November 2007 17:21

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Hi guys yes i agree its so sad , I think that shes in a sad place inside herself at the moment, i too really hope that she gets the help she needs, and doesnt end up another great talent we loose, x
Post #66882
Posted 21 November 2007 08:07
Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 January 2011 06:52
It is sad to see her this way. I cried when I saw her on the EMAs. May she find the strength within to fight her demons and the monkey on her back.
Post #66883
Posted 28 November 2007 05:51
Supreme Being

Amy Winehouse cancels tour

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article515103.ece

I think she's done the right thing, before she does any more damage to her career.
Post #66884
Posted 28 November 2007 15:07
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 May 2016 22:05
Get yourself to Rehab Amy and never mind your No No No No's.

Hopefully the council house version of shirley bassey will come bouncing back after kicking the habit.

She's like a car crash you see on the motorway, you know you shouldn't but you just can't help looking.
Post #66885
Posted 30 November 2007 05:22
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 28 October 2010 10:57
Such pure talent, and it's all wasted.

What are her managers and record company doing about it. They're not doing her any favours at all. She needs to be forced into rehab, she's a danger to herself and others.
Post #66886
Posted 04 December 2007 19:55
Supreme Being

More worrying news about Amy.

www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=499489&in_page_id=1879&ct=5
Post #66887
Posted 04 December 2007 20:07
Supreme Being

Wow...those pictures are quite powerful, aren't they!?

And woohoo, didn't she look hot back in '04!?
Post #66888
Posted 06 December 2007 18:26
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
she does need to go to rehab. What up with those photo in a bad brd and jeans. See came out to see all the nosie.I don't buy that.
Post #66889
Posted 06 December 2007 18:59
Supreme Being

Looks like six grammy nominations for Amy....a great accomplishment.
Post #66890
Posted 06 December 2007 19:50
Supreme Being

the girl can sing but she needs help
Post #66891
Posted 07 December 2007 05:43
Supreme Being

Well said Lady B. OUT OF CONTROL. I hope is can get herself together.
Post #66892
Posted 07 December 2007 06:01
Supreme Being

Amy seen with mystery white powder up her nose. Why don't the police arrest her, if it was anyone else they would. I feel sorry for her family having to see pictures of their daughter in such a mess.

www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=500048&in_page_id=1773
Post #66893
Posted 07 December 2007 22:50
Supreme Being

well said Lady Blut. I feel bad for her family. She is so talented but that means nothing. Who is better her or Britney
Post #66894
Posted 08 December 2007 19:49
Supreme Being

Looking at those pictures and seeing how frail and sickly she appears is so depressing. Its hard to believe she just got nominated for a bunch of Grammy awards. She is clearly on the brink and I sincerely hope she gets help otherwise if she continues on her destructive path she'll end up dead. My heart goes out to her friends and family; they must be in so much pain watching her waste away her life. Very tragic.
Post #66895
Posted 10 December 2007 02:11
Supreme Being

Those pics are amazing. "Poor lost soul" she need to get her act together. It's sad. Amazing voice but the buck stops there.
Post #66896
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 6:54pm