James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Robbie Williams Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Robbie's angel

Worried superstar Robbie Williams was last night praying for his own Angel, as his mother battled to recover from a major heart operation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/article2060773.ece

Here hoping Robbie's mum makes a good recovery.
Post #66153
Posted 28 January 2009 16:24
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Robbie Williams set to quit LA and move back to the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1128503/Robbie-Williams-set-quit-LA-plans-Britain-weeks.html

Does this mean he could be rejoining Take That?
Post #66154
Posted 28 January 2009 18:18
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
LOL bastard....

Oi! I didn't even know he lived here in the states.....perhaps he's tired of being anonymous and is looking for something a bit closer to home.
Post #66155
Posted 28 January 2009 21:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 25 November 2010 19:40
That's old news ... and he's back writing with Guy Chambers, which is fantastic news. I really would like to see him get back the success he had with "Angels" after his last album flopped. Maybe that will stop all the crap about him rejoining Take That. It won't happen, they've moved, he's moved on and the only possibility of them being together again would be as a one-off.
Post #66156
Posted 28 January 2009 22:53
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:56
Maybe Guy Chambers thinks Robbie's grown up at last!
Post #66157
Posted 29 January 2009 17:12
Supreme Being

I still think it would be a big mistake for That That to have Robbie back in the band. I spoke to one of the girls at my work place, who's a big Take That fan and she doesn't want Robbie to come back.
Post #66158
Posted 29 January 2009 20:16

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
I'll second that. Take That seem to have improved without him - they seem happy and relaxed. I liked Angels but didn't like much of what he did afterwards.

W'fan
Post #66159
Posted 31 January 2009 17:18
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:56
This would be a good cap comp pic . Can see Robbie now doing wheelies around Stone Henge holering chants of Om's for the Aliens to come by and pick him up ,cos he doesn't wanna die ,but he's not keen on living either.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2186679.ece
Post #66160
Posted 23 October 2009 07:54
Supreme Being

Robbie Williams is now set for a top honour at the next Brits Awards. Will be presented with the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2695592/Robbie-Williams-to-get-an-Outstanding-Contribution-to-music-Award-at-next-years-Brits.html
Post #66161
Posted 23 October 2009 16:28

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
LOL Julie, I'm betting he didn't get served!
Post #66162
Posted 23 October 2009 20:50

Supreme Being

Outstanding contribution .. hmmm ... I'm a big Robbie fan, love his music and find him intriguing in a weird way, but there are many more musicians more deserving of such a recognition. He's relatively early on his career compared to previous recipients. Would much prefer to see him getting awards for the new single (Bodies .. out now!) and the new album (Reality killed the video star out 9/11)

And anyone who hasn't seen it in the Band members thread ... Beardy and Karl are in Robbie's band at the moment. There's some great youtube clips of the gig Robbie did for radio one's Electric Proms .... great clips of Karl particularly in "Feel", and a brief glimpse of Beardy at the beginning of "Video killed the radio star"

On the Take That thing, Robbie did an interview prior to the gig. He revealed that, 15 months ago, he met up with the TT boys, they all talked and apologised and shook hands ... and Robbie said he came away feeling he had a new bunch of best friends, and went and got the TT logo tattooed on his arm. He sounded keen to be back with them in some way, but wasn't sure how he would fit in. I really do not want to see him back as a permanent member, they've all taken their new paths too far away for it to ever be the same... but I am really sensing that a one-off show is becoming increasingly likely. Who knows, maybe we can get some insider scoop from one of our two boys
Post #66163
Posted 23 October 2009 21:51
Supreme Being

On British TV news tonight. Robbie to get lifetime Brit Award.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8321080.stm
Post #66164
Posted 23 October 2009 23:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
Outstanding contribution... Lifetime Award...? Jeez, they'll be giving him the Nobel Peace prize next!...
Post #66165
Posted 24 October 2009 00:25
Supreme Being

neh....he's overqualified to get that.
Post #66166
Posted 07 November 2009 18:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: 13 May 2018 21:59
can't find if there's already a thread on this...
I just had to get back on the pc for this.

I was in awe watching Robbie Williams on "Friday Night With Johnathan Ross" last night
So glad for him he has found meaning to life and a fulfilling relationship.
Good on him...to his future wife and kids

Some don't get a second chance at living and settling down.

Nice to recognize the drummer and keyboard player backing him :-)
Post #66167
Posted 07 November 2009 19:02

Supreme Being

He seems a changed man doesn't he? Shows you what real love can do to you. He seems genuinely in love, talking about settling down, calling her "the missus", even mentioning kids and calling his music career "a part time thing" now. Seems he's exorcised a lot of demons and has found a new direction in lfe. Its great to see.

Have you been able to see the extra songs he did for the "red button", looks like a good gig. I tried to win tickets through Robbie's forum but wasn't in luck
Post #66168
Posted 08 November 2009 14:24
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 March 2014 17:48
I actually like Robbie, I don't have any of his music but the recent BBC show was very good. I remember Americans made comments about him they thought he was a show off, too sure of himself, but in reality he's very vulnerable torn between the lad who still wants to be just that, and the person who wants to be a star. We can put these celebs and stars down, I've done it, but how would we cope? The reality is the unreality, one day you're standing in line counting your change to see if you have enough to by a bottle of milk and a newspaper and the shop assistant totally ignores you, then suddenly it all changes.

Part of the appeal of James Blunt (to me anyway) is that in the main he ignores the celeb shit as much as he can, he simply doesn't play the game, I bet he can walk down a street and buy a pint in a pub without any bother. He had the sudden rise to fame, but unlike those who demand several rooms all painted white, with dozens of white orchids and x amount of chilled water and staff that tell them how wonderful they are, and all for a 5 minute appearance on a chat show, James would probably be happy to wait in the corridor chatting to any pretty girl working there, and Robbie Williams probably wishes life were like that for him, but Robbie started playing the media game, ego's are hard to control, but you can't say ok I've had enough, leave me alone now, it's like a pact with the devil.

So I put down those who flaunt their wealth and live in a fantasy world so far removed from reality, but I don't envy them, I probably feel sorry for them because they have forgotten who they are, and the people who were once friends have forgotten the person who forgot about them. Freddy
Post #66169
Posted 08 November 2009 16:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 23:25
I love Robbie! A lot of people say he is big-headed and cocky, yes your right but i see it as tongue-in-cheek, he's kind of taking the piss Underneath all that he just wants to be normal but he's having fun, i saw him on Jonathan Ross and was so pleased he has found someone to settle down with now, he seems so happy and in love, it's great, and to actually admit it in on TV in front of millions of people is so sweet! He is incredibly talented, a great performer, and when he is being cocky on stage it just makes me laugh, lol Welcome back Robbie! xx
Post #66170
Posted 08 November 2009 18:10

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
I don't know much about Robbie and don't follow him but I do know I absolutely fell in love with Angels when I heard Archie (David Archuleta) singing it on American Idol. Wow, it blew me away. Then I looked up Robbie's version and of course loved that one, too...as well as some of his other music. I can be a bit slow but so glad I did finally find him. He's very talented. He is fun to watch in video clips of concerts. Would love to see him live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3LTMPRReQ8&feature=related

Sigh....just love that song.
Post #66171
Posted 19 November 2009 13:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2013 13:31
I believe Robbie was singing with Take That at the Royal Albert Hall Children in Need.

Moved to tears he was. The thing I like about RW is his personality. He never has that 'bought, sold, dont give a damn' impression.

I wish him well with Ayda.
Post #66172
Posted 19 November 2009 19:55

Supreme Being

I'm just settling down to watch the Children in Need concert on BBC1

Robbie is "down under" at the moment, doing some promo for his album there. Karl is definitely with him, and I assume Beardy is too. The more I see Robbie do, the more I think he'll be doing a proper tour soon - despite his protests that he won't be. I had an absolute blast when I saw him in Milton Keynes in 2006, he knows how to put on a show!
Post #66173
Posted 19 November 2009 20:02
Supreme Being

They had his song 'Angel' playing on Dancing with the Stars or some dancing show here the other night. I love that song....the first Robbie Williams song I ever heard.

I totally thought of you, Tracy.

Glad to see the boys getting so much work during James's down time.
Post #66174
Posted 25 December 2009 17:23

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:48
MonaP posted: 25 Dec 2009 01:46 am

Fantastic video and a fantastic song! Watch and listen to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8cgUq_XBY

Mona P
Post #66175
Posted 29 December 2009 20:55

Supreme Being

Robbie was so funny on "Ant & Dec's Christmas show" on Boxing day ... he's definitely relaxing back into the cheeky chappy routine, although I suspect Ant & Dec are probably the only ones who would get away with what they did (and its not the first time either) Not liking the "pull the girl out of the audience and serenade her" routine he's started doing for "you know me", but maybe I'm just getting old and cynical LOL.

Robbie on Ant and Dec Christmas show 2009...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHcPfiU4M3Q

And way back in 2005 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyk0b0cOogk
Post #66176
Posted 16 February 2010 19:34

Supreme Being

Just bumping up as a reminder that Robbie is performing at the end of the Brits tonight when he picks up the lifetime achievement awards.... rumour has it he will invite Gary, Mark, Howard and Jason on stage to perform with him ... we'll see.

I know Karl has been in rehearsals at Earls Court a lot of this week, so I know he'll be there .... I assume Beardy will be too (they were both with Robbie on Saturday when he performed on "So you think you can dance"

The new single "Morning Sun" is the official charity single for Sport Relief, and my favourite on the new album
Post #66177
Posted 06 March 2010 12:56

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
Robbie on Thursday in Berlin, Germany, on thee "Echo 2010"

Beardy and Karl were by his side :-)))))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVTqK0XcMqU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSzu8_kmpxI
Post #66178
Posted 07 March 2010 10:12
Supreme Being

Last Login: 01 September 2018 11:26
Watching Karl + Beardy sitting next to Robbie was just hilarious. I felt a bit sorry for the guys because the host tried to be funny but no one understood his sense of humour.

@ Ina + Thommy, thanks to Kabel Deutschland phone + internet were down for a couple of days! Made a "little something" which you should find in your mail next week. Enjoy!
Post #66179
Posted 07 March 2010 15:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
aaaaahh, thanks honey, we are looking forward to.
sometimes we also have a fight with kabel deutschland :-(

hugs to bremen from snowing hamburg
ina and thommy
Post #66180
Posted 08 March 2010 12:24

Supreme Being

So, already Robbie cant keep a low profile?
back in the UK 2mins and bingo. he bed a stripper in the Blue Lagoon...

Now if that were James that would be interesting. even more accompanied by a picture. would you buy it for $10,000? with a magazine sale price of what? 1?

I'd buy James' nude picture. but not for $10,000. having said that the beach picture was pretty explicit for someone who didnt get his pants off.

Maybe we should all go to Ibiza this year? or La La land.
Post #66181
Posted 08 March 2010 12:25

Supreme Being

Made we should have a poll Roobie in the nook or James in the nude?
Post #66182
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:38pm