James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Carrie Fisher Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 15 February 2012 10:34
I ve just got back from the James gig in El Ray theatre in LA and on my flight home we had Carrie Fisher! You know the princess from Star Wars who it happens James wrote 'Goodbye my Lover' in her bathroom!

I was very star struck by this woman and couldn't muster up the courage to speak to her, so I made one of my work mates! He said something along the lines of "whats this I hear about James Blunt writing in your bathroom" to which she responded " he's hugely talented" and that she "had him stay with her on two occassions over a length of about two months"!

Just goes to show you what a small world it is!
Post #64408
Posted 29 September 2007 10:36
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 11 March 2014 17:48
I love Carrie Fisher, whenever I see her interviwed I get the feeling she is down to earth and approachable, maybe I should ask her out. But LA is a long way from Gloucestershire, and my bikes got a flat tyre. freddy
Post #64409
Posted 29 September 2007 10:43
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 05 May 2016 22:05
oh freddy buy a bike pump and away you go!!!
Post #64410
Posted 29 September 2007 14:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 July 2013 00:44
LOL Fred.

Aimee, star struck? You? I saw some impressive photos with 'stars' in your camera. Just let your charm shine thru and you'll be A-OK

Hope you bite the bullet and have a convo if our James boards one of your flights!!
Post #64411
Posted 29 September 2007 16:31
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
Awww Aimee, what a sweet story! What a treat to have gotten a chance to see her and you must have been very pleased at her reply to your friend's question.
Post #64412
Posted 29 September 2007 19:11

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 26 January 2011 03:35
Debbie Reynolds (her mother) is even better. I have seen her twice in concert & saw her at Rufus Wainwright concert at the Hollywood Bowl last weekend.
Post #64413
Posted 30 September 2007 05:37
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 22 September 2010 23:30
she was a judge on FOX's "On the Lot" last month. she seemed out of it and really made no sense or seemed that she didn't know what she was talking about. i thought of her as Paula Abdul on "American Idol". did anyone realize that?
Post #64414
Posted 30 September 2007 20:39
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

lol Caught My Eye and JeronCase- I couldn't believe that I got star struck by her either! She seemed so normal and friendly but I just dont know what was wrong with me!

No worries though, I ve looked after Beardy on a flight and after the initial bright red face (through embarrassment) we actually managed a pretty normal conversation, so i'm prepared for James and the boys one day!

Poor James wont believe his poor luck when he realises he can't even escape his boardies 6 miles up with no escape! *she cackles, v.v.evily! x
Post #64415
Posted 01 October 2007 05:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2014 03:07
lol Aimee! You lucky girl you! Was it "Coffee, tea or Beardy?"?????
Post #64416
Posted 01 October 2007 15:19
Forum Guru

LOL yeah the first class passengers kept getting offered a meal choice of "Chicken, Fish or Beard! I mean Beef" lol! x
Post #64417
Posted 24 December 2016 17:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 September 2017 21:46
On the news today, Carrie Fisher intensive care after suffering a heart attack while flying home. Hope she makes a quick recovery.
Post #278611
Posted 26 December 2016 10:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 11:53
All the best to Carrie, speedy recovery sweetheart.
Post #278627
Posted 27 December 2016 18:56

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 14:45
Such a sad news. Rest in peace Princess Lea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4068848/Carrie-Fisher-dies-aged-60-just-days-rushed-hospital.html

Daily Mail, 27 December 2016

Carrie Fisher dies aged 60 four days after suffering a heart attack on a plane

~~~

James reacts via Twitter

https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/813828599551770624

Sweet dreams, darling @carrieffisher. I'm gonna miss you. So much. x

~~~

Possibly the last picture of Carrie with James, posted on her Twitter feed, Dec. 12th
https://twitter.com/carrieffisher/status/808405579701960704

Post #278636
Posted 27 December 2016 21:16

Supreme Being

Oh my goodness, this is turning into such a tragic year!
So sorry for all of Carrie's family.
RIP Carrie.
Post #278637
Posted 28 December 2016 14:46

Supreme Being

Carrie Fisher's latest book published in 2016, 'The Princess Diarist' is available in audio version, read by herself and her daughter Billie Lourd. For a rare occasion, the audiobook could be of greater interest than the paper version to all her fans. Some of her previous books are also available in audio version read by herself.

https://www.amazon.ca/Princess-Diarist-Carrie-Fisher/dp/0399565558

Post #278640
Posted 28 December 2016 16:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 October 2017 17:01
So sad James has lost such a dear friend.

Carrie Fisher seem to have lived her life bravely. Inspite of her challenges, she chose to touch other lives in a positive way. Truly one of a kind. Deep condolences to her friends and family, to have lost such a bright soul.
Post #278641
Posted 28 December 2016 23:51

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 August 2017 09:57
I wish I'd known Carrie she seemed the kind of person you could talk to for hours about anything. Such a tough life but she always laughed it off. I'm definitely gonna look out for her books although it will be bitter sweet knowing it's too late to really know her. God bless a beautiful soul who will be dearly missed.
'My heart has joined the thousand for my friend stopped running today'- Watership Down.
The love was strong in her.
Post #278644
Posted 29 December 2016 06:13

Supreme Being

No words, just huge sadness.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/dec/28/debbie-reynolds-hospital-carrie-fisher-mother

Debbie Reynolds dies, aged 84, one day after daughter Carrie Fisher
The Guardian
29 December 2016

Hollywood legend Debbie Reynolds has died aged 84, just one day after the death of her daughter, famed actor and author Carrie Fisher.

Her death was confirmed by her son, Todd Fisher.

“The last thing she said this morning was that she was very, very sad about losing Carrie and that she would like to be with her again,” Fisher said. “Fifteen minutes later she suffered a severe stroke.”

Reynolds died just hours after she was taken to Cedars Sinai medical center from her son’s house in Beverly Hills on Wednesday afternoon.

“The only thing we’re taking solace in is that what she wanted to do was take care of her daughter, which is what she did best,” he added.

On Friday, Carrie Fisher reportedly suffered a heart attack on a flight from London to Los Angeles. Reynolds posted on her Facebook page on Christmas Day that Fisher was in a stable condition.

Carrie Fisher died two days later.

On Tuesday, Reynolds addressed Fisher’s death on Facebook, writing: “Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop. Love Carries Mother.”

After news of Reynolds’ own death broke on Wednesday, Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd, posted a picture on Facebook of herself with her late mother and grandmother at the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards.

Post #278645
Posted 29 December 2016 21:17

Supreme Being

Oh dear, this is so tragic, i don't know what to say.
My heart goes out to Carrie's daughter, losing her mum and then her grandmother the very next day, god bless you Billie.
Post #278651
Posted 05 January 2017 21:02

Supreme Being

http://www.etonline.com/news/206397_carrie_fisher_cremated_exclusive/

Carrie Fisher Has Been Cremated, Some of Her Ashes to Be Buried With Mom Debbie Reynolds

Entertainment Tonight
January 04, 2017

Carrie Fisher has been cremated, a source close to the Fisher family tells ET and The Insider.

A private memorial for the Star Wars star -- who died at age 60 on Dec. 27 -- will take place on Thursday, the source says. On Friday, Fisher's mother, Debbie Reynolds -- who died at age 84 one day after her daughter -- will be laid to rest in Los Angeles, along with some of Fisher's ashes.

Additionally, the source tells ET that a public memorial is being planned for months down the road. While nothing has been finalized, the source says that Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks and Fisher's ex-husband, Paul Simon, will be among the invitees.

~~~

Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds will air Saturday Jan. 7th at 8 on HBO.

Article in The Telegraph, 5 January 2017
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/bright-lights-touching-revealing-moments-hbos-carrie-fisher/

Post #278700
Posted 14 June 2017 14:52

Supreme Being

Lots of personal stuff and memorabilia will be auctioned next September. The famous piano has moved and is no longer in Carrie's bathroom. I wish someone could tell Todd Fisher it's 'Goodbye My Lover' that James recorded with the piano, he didn't write 'You're Beautiful' on it. Better have the facts right if the piano is going to be auctioned and purchased by a collector.

Inside Carrie Fisher's home

"Good Morning America" takes an exclusive tour through the late actress' Beverly Hills estate, looking through her personal treasures and memorabilia from her storied career.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/exclusive-live-inside-carrie-fishers-unique-home-47996901

I'm not sure this video works for other countries.

Edited: Found the video on YouTube
https://youtu.be/opVDK-Eznes

~~~

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/06/13/james-blunt-wrote-youre-beautiful-on-a-bathroom-piano

James Blunt wrote 'You're Beautiful' on a Bathroom Piano
June 13, 2017

Singer James Blunt wrote his breakthrough hit You’re Beautiful on a piano located in a bathroom at his late friend Carrie Fisher’s Hollywood home.

The British musician struck up an unlikely friendship with the acting icon, and was invited to stay at her sprawling Hollywood Hills estate early on in his career, when he was working on his debut album, 2004’s Back to Bedlam.

Carrie passed away in December, followed by her mother, fellow actress Debbie Reynolds days later, and now her brother Todd Fisher is planning to sell off much of the memorabilia the two stars had collected over the years, which filled the property they shared.

Todd gave viewers of U.S. breakfast show Good Morning America a tour of the pad on Tuesday’s show, and pointed out various items heading to the auction block.

During the segment, he showed off a black upright Yamaha piano which Blunt is said to have used while composing tracks for Back to Bedlam.

“Everywhere you look there’s a piece of memory and a life,” Todd explained. “Speaking of memories and life, James Blunt, the songwriter, lived here for a time and Carrie inspired him and back and forth, and he wrote You’re Beautiful on this piano, that was in the bathroom.”

It’s not clear if the piano itself will be included in the Profiles in History sale in September, but highlights of the auction include Debbie’s personal pair of ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz, and the director’s chair Carrie used in between takes while shooting Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.

A portion of the profits from the auction will be divided between The Thalians - a charity set up by Singin’ In The Rain star Reynolds to help combat the stigma surrounding mental illness - and The Jed Foundation, an organization handpicked by Carrie’s daughter Billie Lourd, which also helps raise awareness for mental health conditions.

Post #283404
Posted 14 June 2017 19:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 October 2017 17:01
That's kind of funny . Do you think, whoever she was, that she would be flattered to know he was thinking of her while siting on the toilet!
Post #283407
Posted 10 July 2017 16:43

Supreme Being

Auction is set to be held on September 23, 2017

https://profilesinhistory.com/auctions/personal-property-carrie-fisher-debbie-reynolds/

Post #283687
Posted 06 September 2017 16:39

Supreme Being

The auction has been postponed to October 7 and 8 and the famous piano is included.

http://people.com/home/carrie-fisher-los-angeles-home-tour/a-galaxy-not-so-far-away

Post #284104
Posted 20 September 2017 03:44

Supreme Being

Auction catalogue is now available online in pdf format. The piano is listed as item #767, page 188.

https://profilesinhistory.com/auctions/personal-property-carrie-fisher-debbie-reynolds/

Yamaha upright piano played by James Blunt on the track "Goodbye My Lover" from Back to Bedlam. Original black lacquered upright piano measuring 59 x 24 x 47.8 in. Accompanied by a matching 30 x 14.25 x 19 in. piano bench with leather-padded hinged flip top lid. Piano in good working order. James Blunt recorded the track "Goodbye My Lover" for his 2004 multi-platinum album Back to Bedlam on this piano while staying at Carrie Fisher's Beverly Hills home. $600 - $800

Post #284223
Posted 20 September 2017 05:27

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 05:51
This made me laugh 600 hundren bucks I could buy a manakin of them both for more than that. On a more serious note if I had the room and a boat to delive it I would buy it.
Post #284224
Posted 06 October 2017 03:06

Supreme Being

The auction is now open on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-upright-piano-played-by-James-Blunt-on-the-track-Goodbye-My-L-Lot-767/112570186225?hash=item1a35b4b9f1%3Ag%3AaHgAAOSwNglZwdqy

Post #284355
Posted 09 October 2017 14:43

Supreme Being

Update 09/10/2017
The piano fetched US $6,000 in 27 bids at the Personal Property Auction of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.
Post #284381
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 3:29pm