James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

SHARE THE HAIR - Send Paul Beard a message... Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 May 2017 23:53
Can't wait to see you all again
Post #238323
Posted 10 December 2013 18:33

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:39
James said in an interview yesterday (Dec. 9th) that Paul's baby was born a week ago...

Perth 92.9, Australia

http://www.929.com.au/search/?query=james+blunt

Congratulations Paul et Mrs Beard! Wish you all the best.

Post #243143
Posted 10 December 2013 22:32
Supreme Being

Last Login: 01 August 2018 22:05
Wish you all the best Paul, Misses Beard and baby Beard!
Post #243147
Posted 11 December 2013 07:33
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 December 2017 14:07
So happy for you Paul!!!
Congratulations!!!
Enjoy this special time with baby.
Post #243164
Posted 12 December 2013 18:25

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
what an amazing and wonderful news

Wish you millions of lucky hours with your young family

huge hugs from Hamburg to you sweetie!!!!

ina and thommy
Post #243205
Posted 21 December 2013 09:07
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Paul and family

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year

lady blunt
Post #243553
Posted 22 December 2013 07:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year with your family!
Post #243597
Posted 23 January 2014 00:01

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 18 September 2014 16:30
So Happy for you Mr. Beard!!!
Hope your baby has a big smile such as yours!!!
God bless your family now and ever
Karla xxx
Post #245150
Posted 23 January 2014 02:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 November 2017 16:16
Congratulations Paul, I remember last time we met you telling me how happy you were. Hope you and your beautiful family have lots of love and happiness in 2014 and beyond. Miss you xx
Post #245151
Posted 03 February 2014 04:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2018 15:06
Hi Paul.

Happy New Year. It must be an exciting start with so many new things, like a little bundle of cuteness to call your own! Congratulations

I wanted to say I've missed your presence in the videos and stories of the JB gigs for Moon Landing. It's always been a thrill to see you at each performance, playing with your talent and verve, with your brilliant smile and grin, and it's always been an honour to have seen you at a gig too, your kindness in having a little chat with us fans.

I don't know how long your hiatus from the James Blunt tour will be, but it's just not the same without you. I really feel a little less excited knowing you might not be there.

However, in whatever new venture you are tackling, I wish you every success and every happiness.

Thanks so much.
x
Post #245798
Posted 01 March 2014 15:17

Supreme Being

Paul will be missed a lot in the band. I'm very grateful for all the fantastic work he did with James since the beginning. Wish him all the best, future looks bright.

http://tinyurl.com/kkxwgvl

Shropshire Star
December 28, 2013

Musician behind John Lewis advert song on road from Wem to Wembley

It is the number one smash that dominated the run-up to Christmas and the mastermind behind it is a producer from Shropshire.

Musician Paul Beard, who lives in Wem, produced and played piano on Lily Allens version of Somewhere Only We Know.

The song became popular thanks the the 7 million television advert for John Lewis.

Mr Beard, 38, was guest of honour at Adams College in Wem, where he studied 20 years ago. He managed to pass on some tips to a new generation of musicians as well as speak about his role in the number one hit.

In his career Mr Beard has been a member of James Blunts band and has worked as musical director and keyboard player for Leona Lewis, Westlife, Girls Aloud and Robbie Williams.

He said: Ive played the piano on other songs that have reached number one but Somewhere Only We Know is the first song I have produced that has reached the top spot.

It feels amazing. It is simultaneously overwhelming and quite abstract as well. I put it together at home in Wem after I recorded the bits I needed in London.

There are several different versions of it and I did all the editing at home.

Im overwhelmingly happy, its been an incredible year and that song has been the cherry on the cake.

Mr Beard said it was great to go back to the college and see his former teachers including head Lorna Withey who taught him English.

He was also on hand to present scholarship awards and prizes to students who passed their A-levels in the summer.

He said: Im quite overwhelmed to be here, to come such a long way from where I grew up and to come back as guest of honour tonight is a real privilege.

Its a beautiful circle. I left college in 1993 and 20 years later its amazing to be here tonight.

I chose deliberately to come back to Wem with my wife and raise my newborn child here because I had an amazing childhood and in part that was due to the teachers at Thomas Adams.

I had nothing but support and encouragement from all the staff at Adams.

Its been lovely to see familiar faces and come back with an interesting story. When I studied here I always had big dreams about what I wanted to do and I have been lucky enough to achieve those.

Mr Beard said he hoped his visit would inspire the students who were sitting exactly where he was 20 years ago.

He said: I have had the time of my life following my heart. Its not an easy path. Any career has its ups and downs and music is the same. It can be a rough business but I have achieved some wonderful things.

You are all taking your first steps in the wider world and its not a cliche to say dont stop believing in your dreams and dont stop listening to your heart, you can achieve anything.

He added he was delighted to move back to his hometown.

He said: I love entertaining people and that ambition started in Wem.

I have moved back here because I wanted to give my kids a similar upbringing to me.

I hope I can be inspiring to young people so that they go out and do what they want to do.

As a student, Mr Beard said,performing at Wembley and then coming back to Wem was always his dream.

He said: When I was growing up on the farm dreaming about what I wanted to do, I wanted to play Wembley Stadium then come back to Wem the next day and walk down the street.

This summer I did four nights at Wembley with Robbie Williams and then came back and I thought, this is what I dreamt about.

He added: At college we had a band, The Blue Diamonds, doing Dire Straits covers, that sort of thing. It would be great to reunite the band. That would be cool.

Ms Withey, said: It was a magic moment when Paul was talking to the students, they were listening so intently, because to see someone come from Wem and succeed like that is inspiring.

We have rewarded the whole spectrum of students including the straight-A medics and biochemists and those whove worked hard and achieved their potential. I hope we have recognised everybodys potential.

Among the winners was Graham Fullard, now studying accounting at Durham University, who recorded two As and a B after a near-fatal illness prevented him attending college after Easter forcing him to sit his exams under supervision at home.

Post #247365
Posted 01 March 2014 16:17
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Paul

Wish you all the best for the future.

Post #247371
Posted 09 March 2014 13:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:58
Beardy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a lovely surprise to see you come on stage in Amsterdam and Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had no idea we would see you!!!!!!!!!!! Such a lovely surprise!!!!!

You were such a sweetheart to everyone outside too, you were sad to be going but also excited about spending some time with your baby boy, he is gorgeous, you thanked everyone for the memories, well, we should be thanking you really, so thankyou Beardy, you are very special and i will miss you very much, have a lovely time with your lovely family
Post #248007
Posted 08 May 2014 22:47

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 18 May 2014 23:11
congratulations Beardy!!!

We did miss you during the US concerts, but always wish you and the family the best!!!
Post #252537
Posted 18 May 2014 01:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
Hi Paul!

OMG what a great surprise it was when you showed up on stage in Amsterdam and Hanover! I was so happy to see you . Thank you for the time you've spend with us after the concert in Amsterdam. You made me laugh so hard when you asked me if the gift I gave you was something you could smoke . I was happy to hear that you like to collect fridge magnets. I hope mine was a great addition to add to your collection I was a bit sad I did not get the chance to meet you in Hanover because I had bought a gift for your baby. I gave it to Robert and he made sure he would give it to you. The size of the clothing is way too big for him to wear it now but I hope you liked it and I hope he can and will wear it eventually. It was a green shirt with a monkey and matching green pants. Enjoy your quality time with your lovely family and hope to see you again someday
Post #252930
Posted 01 June 2014 07:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 March 2018 21:17
Hi Beardy! I have missed you terribly this time around in Australia...just wanted to let you know...

Congratulations and best wishes always to you and your family.
Post #253226
Posted 08 June 2014 11:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2018 15:06
Paul.
I second what angel just said. It feels so different this time around without your gorgeous smile and awesome style at the keyboards. I hope you still check this thread, because there is still a lot of love for you. Wish you were here. xx
Post #253405
Posted 25 June 2014 22:18

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 18 September 2014 16:30
Paul we miss you so much!!!!!!!
Hope we can see you on stage someday again
Post #253724
Posted 19 July 2014 04:18

Supreme Being

We all miss Paul a lot. Here's a beautiful picture of him taken on the SKOT tour in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rkrossi/6723733245/

Edited: to change the link that was dead. You can enlarge and download the photo.
Post #254457
Posted 19 July 2014 10:38

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:58
Awww that is a fab pic, miss him so much, i hope he is having fun with his family, thanks for posting Aline
Post #254460
Posted 04 August 2015 22:05

Supreme Being

Happy Birthday Paul!

Karl & Paul with the Robbie Williams' band.

http://www.musicnstuff.de/uploads/pics/Aufmacher_Robbie_Band.jpg

Post #271387
Posted 05 August 2015 06:00

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 24 July 2017 20:40
Paul.......
happy birthday!
xxx

you are still my favorite !
Post #271388
Posted 06 August 2015 10:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 November 2016 16:56
Belated Happy Birthday, Paul, and congratulations for the birth of your wee daughter!
Post #271391
Posted 11 September 2018 20:35

Supreme Being

Paul has a Vimeo channel where he posts videos of his work with different artists and special projects.

https://vimeo.com/user9026323

'All You Can Be' - short film
TV commercials
Leona Lewis
James Blunt
Robbie Williams
Bryan Ferry
Lily Allen

...and his Showreel 2018 (a sort of audiovisual business card)
"20 years in showbiz ... and still no tattoos" (the same can be said for James, I think)

https://vimeo.com/280972206

You can watch the short film 'All You Can Be' in full on YouTube. Paul composed and performed the music.

https://youtu.be/vZWFTawcKiM

Post #286773
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 3:52am