James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

BACK TO BEDLAM Expand / Collapse
Author

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36
Old messageboard discussion -

http://www.jamesblunt.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master&action=opentopic&topic=140&forum=Back_to_Bedlam_2
Post #57750
Posted 16 March 2008 15:49

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
Great idea to bring back these threads! It's nice to 'reinvent the wheel' for all the new fans and boardies.

I still listen to B2B as much as ATLS. The songs are in the continuous loop of my CD player.

Those who may have only purchased ATLS really need to buy a copy of B2B to see where it all began.
Post #57751
Posted 16 March 2008 17:44
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
I definitely agree with Trixie's recommendation to buy B2B if you haven't already.

I actually listen to B2B far more often than ATLS....usually once each day, every morning as I start my morning routine at work.

It's one of those incredibly rare albums in which I absolutely love every song and no matter how many times I hear them, I often comment to myself 'I just really never get tired of this song'. It's a great feeling....as miserable as the CD is.
Post #57752
Posted 16 March 2008 22:06
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
does anyone else get that feeling of 'coming home' when playing B2B?

i hadnt played it for a couple of days, and then this evening i put it on again and i just felt all happy like i do when i come home after being away. it was really comforting!

completely agree with Trixie's comment! go buy, go buy! :-)
Post #57753
Posted 17 March 2008 15:15
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:53
I very much prefer this album to his latest one. It is a stand alone album & I'm not sure he could ever repeat the honest mix of something really heavy like No Bravery & the light heartedness of Billy and Wisemen. Every song on Back to Bedlam is a favourite but there are a couple on ATLS that I don't like so much.

I will always love soldier James better than musician James though I realise they are the same person & the army really was a small part of his whole life.
Post #57754
Posted 23 March 2008 12:36
Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2013 19:07
I only bought B2B friday! I couldnt find it anywhere before, the last time i had seen it in a shop was in 2005..! and i couldnt stand that i had downloaded it without actually paying for it.. lol

Even though ive listened to it like 2000 x on my mp3 player, it still gets better every time. i love it!
Post #57755
Posted 28 March 2008 15:22

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 September 2017 06:10
This was (still is) my favorite album.......the balance in melody just made me feel that even during the bad moments in life (which I was having too many lately) would even out and that I just had to ..... keep going.......remember myself and the strengths I had......even the ones I thought I was losing.....

I was listening at night..... really soft as background music because I was having a hard time sleeping and somehow between preparing for a case, packing to move, giving away my belongings to friends and fearing an ex........I lost it! It sucks! But stress does amazing things to us and that just means I get to buy another copy and support his music even more!

I'm not a 'good' fan I guess compared to others on here........I don't own merchandise, posters, never gone to a concert or know every detail about James Blunt but I really like his music and bought both albums and now I am buying B2B again. And to be fair to all the music I love......the only poster or picture I have pinned up of men I don't know personally.......is Einstein on my fridge! He makes me think ..... and I love his hair! lol

The second album ATLS is wonderful too but has more lessons and world in it and....... less ........ self. Or thats what I think at least........so it's not as soothing to hear like B2B. Since my case is now put together and my hard work completed, I am rewarding myself with a shopping trip to the music store! Woo hoo! Just in time for the weekend!!! =)

Me'
Post #57756
Posted 04 April 2008 16:40

Supreme Being

Last Login: 21 July 2013 20:15
yes I feel like coming home when listening to B2B. It's a beautiful album, I'm in love even looking at the artwork and the design! It definately has something that makes the corners of my mouth lift a lot and for a long time...
Post #57757
Posted 07 April 2008 20:16
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 02 June 2013 20:17
I think that the first album from James still is the greatest record ever maked.Each song was so special.Allthough i must say the second record has allso very nice songs.My favorite from the second album is:Carry you home,
Post #57758
Posted 04 January 2009 10:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2012 11:44
Look what I found
This is a Special Edition of B2B, which includes bonus EP 'Monkey on My Shoulder' (from the original demo collection)!
Bonus songs (all demo versions): 1. Cry 2. High 3. Sugar Coated 4. Goodbye My Lover 5. Butterfly

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Bedlam-Monkey-Shoulder-Target/dp/B000FPX5HK
Post #57759
Posted 06 February 2009 19:56

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
LOVED THE FIRST HALF OF THE ABLUM
Post #57760
Posted 07 February 2009 20:36
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
just bought this cd and think its great!
Post #57761
Posted 11 August 2010 02:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
This is the true Bedlam's story:

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/jbfan132/London%20July%202010/IMG_1288.jpg
Post #57762
Posted 11 August 2010 05:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
ohh I would love to read that book! thanks Jbfan132
Post #57763
Posted 25 November 2010 16:58
Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 December 2010 22:36
After a long time of listening to ATLS and not B2B, I was reminded today when I dug it out what a good album it atually is, can't believe I'd almost forgot it really....
Post #154855
Posted 04 May 2011 10:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
When I first heard You're beautiful on the radio I immediately fell in love with James his amazing, wonderful, UNIQUE and sensitive voice .. Goodbye my lover and Wisemen were the other songs of him that I've heard on the radio

Goodbye my lover really touched me and I still get goosebumps whenever I listen to it .. I just couldn't believe how someone could express such strong emotions and feelings in a song that even I could feel his pain (In a positive way of course!)

I think James did a wonderful job. For a first album he did an incredible job. Such incredible and sensitive songs that have a lot of meaning and that are very unique .. In his songs I find the quietness that I can't find anywhere and it feels so great to listen to his music and enjoy them in quietness. They give me a very warm and soothing feeling .. I still enjoy listening to this album every single day!
Post #178159
Posted 03 July 2011 14:59

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 06 July 2011 23:14
xRuby (04/05/2011)
When I first heard You're beautiful on the radio I immediately fell in love with James his amazing, wonderful, UNIQUE and sensitive voice .. Goodbye my lover and Wisemen were the other songs of him that I've heard on the radio

Goodbye my lover really touched me and I still get goosebumps whenever I listen to it ..I just couldn't believe how someone could express such strong emotions and feelings in a song that even I could feel his pain (In a positive way of course!)

I think James did a wonderful job. For a first album he did an incredible job. Such incredible and sensitive songs that have a lot of meaning and that are very unique .. In his songs I find the quietness that I can't find anywhere and it feels so great to listen to his music and enjoy them in quietness. They give me a very warm and soothing feeling .. I still enjoy listening to this album every single day!

I totally agree with you. You really express my feelings very well This album is his best for me. We can't even ignore the importance of the songs such as "Goodbye my lover" and "You are beautiful" but with this album he's at the top of his career and I think he has the opportunity to express himself better. Because this album contains some different kinds of music and so everyone can find a favourite song for themselves. I love this album and it's a real pleasure to me to listen to it everyday, without getting bored
Post #184424
Posted 27 July 2011 14:30
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 27 July 2011 14:24
I actually listen to B2B far more often than ATLS....usually once each day, every morning as I start my morning routine at work.

It's one of those incredibly rare albums in which I absolutely love every song and no matter how many times I hear them, I often comment to myself 'I just really never get tired of this song'. It's a great feeling....as miserable as the CD is.
Post #187281
Posted 22 April 2012 16:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 May 2018 13:50
Hat bought b2b yesterday after months of looking for it in all the
Music stores I could think of. And I was just about to give up but
now I can load it into my iPod for school and listen to it on the way
and during classes.
Post #213080
Posted 08 August 2012 03:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 November 2018 23:09
Hadn't herd this version of out of my mind, don't even no if this is the right place to put it.

http://youtu.be/96hO4hONqjQ

big warm hugs

Post #217279
Posted 08 August 2012 21:35
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Got this version on CD, love the early demos.
Post #217332
Posted 08 August 2012 22:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 November 2018 23:09
Just been listerning to some old demo tracks that I haven't herd before.  Cool
Post #217334
Posted 27 September 2014 03:39

Supreme Being

Tomorrow, 27 September 2014 will be the international "Cassette Store Day". http://cassettestoreday.com/

I wondered if Back To Bedlam was ever released in a cassette format. I don't see any information on Discogs which is a reliable database.

The old message board had a thread about a B2B Cassette version on Ebay:

http://archive.jamesblunt.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master&action=opentopic&forum=Back_to_Bedlam_2&topic=401

Coincidence, there is a B2B cassette on offer on eBay from a seller in Malaysia:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/JAMES-BLUNT-Back-To-Bedlam-MALAYSIA-Edition-Cassette-RARE-OOP-/271591740958?pt=Music_Cassettes&hash=item3f3c21161e

Image URL
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDk4OQ==/z/WLMAAOxyHIlTXybp/$_57.JPG

Edited 10/01/2018
https://www.discogs.com/James-Blunt-Back-To-Bedlam/release/7450254

Post #256967
Posted 10 January 2018 18:06

Supreme Being

Many of us can relate to this letter. Music Feeds is an Australian website.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/features/love-letter-record-ayla-james-blunts-back-bedlam/#FKFDsOg6AFpcSUpt.01

Love Letter To A Record: AYLA On James Bluntís 'Back To Bedlam'

Written by Music Feeds on January 9, 2018

Many of us can link a certain album to pivotal moments in our lives. Whether itís the first record you bought with your own money, the chord you first learnt to play on guitar, the song that soundtracked your first kiss, the album that got you those awkward and painful pubescent years or the one that set off light bulbs in your brain and inspired you to take a big leap of faith into the unknown Ė music is often the catalyst for change in our lives and can even help shape who we become.

In this series, Music Feeds asks artists to reflect on their relationship with music and share with us stories about the effect music has had on their lives.

Here are their love letters to records that forever changed their lives.

AYLA On James Bluntís Back To Bedlam

My Dad is a real music lover. He brought me up on tapes and CDs from Neil Young, John Denver, Enya and other singer-songwriters that he loved. The message and the melody are important to Dad, and he instilled that in me.

We would always look for music when he took me Christmas shopping, and, when I was nine years old (in 2004), we were sifting through albums again at the local Sanity. We always bought a few, and this particular yearís haul included James Blunts Back to Bedlam. We bought it for my Mum because she loved his single ĎYouíre Beautifulí that would be played on RAGE Ė which is what I used to spend my Saturday mornings watching.

That single was never my favourite, and to be honest, I didnít even really like it. It took me a while to let go of that and to enjoy the album, but I couldnít stop listening. Something about this album really captured me. I loved the stories in the song, and knowing a little bit about James Blunt himself (that he served in the British Army from 1996-2002), made the stories in his songs so much more relaxed and meaningful. I wanted to learn them, and I wanted to understand them.

Dad is a huge fan of records, largely for the art and the words in the packaging. I loved the little booklets in the front of CDs that included the lyrics and other information. I would read them over and over for every CD I liked. For this album, I decided I was going to follow along to the booklet and learn every word. We were away on holiday, and it must have annoyed the crap out of my parents, but they let me go on Ė just stopping me for dinner. I sat on the top bunk at this cabin for the whole three days we were away and learnt every word to that album.

The reason Back to Bedlam is so important to me, and that I love it, is because it taught me how to appreciate the lyrics and the stories in songs like my Dad had always talked about. It taught me how to look into the meaning, to wonder how the author had come up with that particular phrasing, and to appreciate a cleverly written pop song Ė which I think all of those songs are. This helped spur on my already existing love for songwriting and definitely helped me to approach it in different, and better, ways. It also taught me how to listen to and love the lyrics in the music I heard from then on.

After the experience of that album, I was able to look deeper into amazing and cleverly written pop albums over the next three years, like Continuum by John Mayer, As Day Follows Night by Sarah Blasko, The Reminder by Feist, Life for Rent by Dido and more. Those years really embedded the love of music and writing into my structure, and began the amazing journey that music is still taking me on today. Iím very grateful for that album, and for my Dadís love of good music.

AYLAís second EP Letís Talk Monday is out on Friday, 12th January, ahead of her East Coast tour for indie nightclub Rare Finds.

Post #285172
Posted 18 November 2018 20:42

Supreme Being

I found unexpectedly this mine of dozens old advertisements for Back To Bedlam in France from 2005 and 2006. They are all mp4 files available from the website "Institut national de l'audiovisuel". Really cool! There's also 3 recent videos of James' appearances in France promoting Moon Landing.

https://m.ina.fr/recherche/search?search=%22james+blunt%22&anneedebut=1900&anneefin=2018&vue=Video

This one is the oldest, dated 24 May 2005. "Son premier album"

http://www.ina.fr/video/PUB2918909173/james-blunt-video.html

Post #287073
ę Prev Topic | Next Topic Ľ

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:26am