James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Goodbye My Lover Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 05 May 2016 22:05
Put your boobs away girls you'll frighten the horses.

And no I wasn't calling you a thick eejit blue I was addressing the burn in hell man and saying we (as fans) aren't thick eejits.
But your probably right about the not winning comment. Though the board also knows how much 'I love you' and would miss not having my sparing partner around if she was to go and light a fire in the under world.
Post #57564
Posted 18 May 2008 14:20

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 29 April 2011 23:12
awwwwww.... Can you feel the love tonight.... *sings Lion King theme*

Blue, Paulyn wasn't calling you a thick eejit, Paulyn's comment about eejits was in reference to montenegrin's post. :o)

I think we should forget all this devil talk and get back to what really matters.... the important matter of this thread... like is Vera Duckworth REALLY dead?!!
Post #57565
Posted 03 October 2008 20:13
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
I don't know how to answer that- but I'll frame it as "Jeopardy Question"-

WHO IS Vera Duckworth?

I'll take obscure Celebrities For A Thousand Alex..
Post #57566
Posted 03 October 2008 20:57
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 May 2016 22:05
One of the main players on coronation st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QROQa1-Mdak&feature=related
Post #57567
Posted 04 October 2008 14:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
this is my absolutly favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUUAYrNdekQ
Post #57568
Posted 14 December 2008 17:58

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36
Mychelle posted -

My boyfriend broke up friday night after two years of frequentation. I think I've never been so sad, so mad. I listened this song all night, I think it's the only one that can completly translate how I feel.

I'm so sad, it hurts.

James, thank you to write these beautiful songs that say what I can not say.

Hope I'm gonna feel better soon.
Post #57569
Posted 01 February 2009 17:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 20:43
This is a question for early James’ fans . I bought recently the two single CDs of Goodbye my lover, Part 1 and Part 2. Better late than never! Thanks to amazon.com. lol

There is no indication on both covers where the pictures have been taken. On GML, Pt 1, it looks like an illuminated front shop. On GML, Pt 2, it looks like lights on highways in a big city. I’m only curious to know these details. You know what it is when a fan seeks to find that kind of microscopic detail... That means she's very addicted. lol
Post #57570
Posted 07 February 2009 22:27

Supreme Being

Finally, I found the answer by myself. lol Los Angeles, USA.
Post #57571
Posted 24 February 2009 14:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 31 December 2012 03:07
This is so obscure but I am writing it anyway......LOL!.........I was watching TV last night and I saw a commercial for Eucerin Hand/Body Lotion. I told you it was obscure! So the girl it applying the lotion to her arms and legs, etc. And I notice that the bedroom she is in it THE BEDROOM from GML! Really it is! The big wall of curtains, the rock/stone covered wall behind the headboard. So when you are watching keep you eyes open and see if you agree!! (note to self: Get a Life!!) Love to All! Sue
Post #57572
Posted 24 February 2009 15:55
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 21 September 2014 12:49
SueLanco, maybe it is somewhere on the Internet. Does anybody see this commercial on website?
Post #57573
Posted 13 November 2009 14:49
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Today i received GML promo CD+DVD & booklet, which i bought on eBay.
CD has 3 versions of GML, single, album and live version.
DVD has GML video, GML live in concert (which i haven't seen before) and the interview which is taken from chasing time bedlam sessions.
Booklet has 5 pictures of James and handwritten lyrics of GML.
Post #57574
Posted 07 January 2010 03:44

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 October 2012 17:27
"James Blunt... may you burn in the fires of hell for writting this song. Very same fires that torment me while listening it..." - Montenegrin

He's suffered that torment himself already ... that's why he wrote the song.

Anyone who doesn't believe that needs to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln8Sj_BDUrs

Easily the most powerful performance of the song I've ever seen. The hurt is almost tangible. You can't pull off something like that when you're only acting. You can see how raw it is ... like salt into an open wound. Only saw it today for the first time and now I'm teary myself. Makes me want to give him a big hug.
Post #57575
Posted 11 January 2010 07:51

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 June 2017 05:43
I agree James has felt this pain that he sings and shows raw emotion.One of the first things I was drawn to and it made me have a desire to know who is this man....as I know many of our blunty boardies also felt when they first heard him... then saw him....and continue to want more!
Post #57576
Posted 14 May 2011 09:54

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36
meredith Posted Today @ 01:50

This is the best song I've heard in years. Heard it about four years ago while waiting for my wife's surgery. That one went well. She is now back in the hospital and won't get home. I have every intention of playing this song at her funeral it meant a lot to both of us. Thank you James and I know that we both will keep on thanking you for years to come. Thank you. I know she will be listening!!!!!!!
Post #179291
Posted 16 May 2011 14:41

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 22 September 2011 11:03
I don't know how he does it, but every time he sings this song he puts all of his heart felt emotion into it, even now, after at least 90 concerts, he still manages to play and perform it like it is the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9OGLEZCm08

And when watching his performances, still manages to bring a tear to my eye.

People lust after money, fame, material things, but love is priceless.

Love is what people live and die for.

Its sad there are so many lonely souls in the world, looking for love and not being able to find it. I know even married people are still searching, I think those people who have found true love are rare, and more privileged than anyone else on earth. So if you are lucky enough to find it, hold onto it for all our sakes.
Post #179583
Posted 22 August 2011 08:41
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 24 August 2011 12:22
Hi everyone,

I have been searching high and low for the meanings of the song, Goodbye My Lover, but to no satisfactory results. Could someone please explain to me the lyrics in that song, especially the following parts of the lyrics where it says:

"Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night."

and

"And I will bear my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet."

Thanks to u guys in advance!
Post #190574
Posted 22 August 2011 10:30
Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 June 2012 07:19
Hi Sad Man, whoever you are! 

I will take a guess, I am not sure James explains his lyrics in so much detail as you ask. 

He said he wrote this song in LA and it is the truest song to his inner most feelings. 

I guess he meant he had won the woman's heart, affections, she was blinded by him, as in, she had lost sense of her ordinary consciousness and fallen for him and they had spent the night together.  He took her soul into the night, as in they had made passionate love and she had fallen in love with him.  Her soul,  meaning it wasn't just ordinary mindless sex, but it had a deeper significance than just the physical act of relieving sexual tension. 

Taking what is his right, as a man, a human being, in the relationship.  I will bear my soul in time when I am kneeling at your feet, he wanted to marry this woman, he would reveal his inner most feelings to her. 

James says he keeps a lot of his thoughts and feelings to himself, so I guess that's what he meant, that he would open himself up to her.  But then the relationship ended, and he was heart broken, is apparently about a girl he was at university with.

Post #190579
Posted 22 August 2011 20:33
Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 December 2018 18:37
Really, i believe there is as many different meanings or ways to relate as there are listeners... plus one, James of course.

Mine:

"Yes i saw you were blinded..."

Blinded to see all the ways he is there for her, how much he cares. And falling to see past appearences and/or the appearences of his actions. 

"...And i knew i had won"

Because he saw the ending before it began. (the end. not really a winning prize, i know)

"And i took what's mine..."

She is HIS, his Lady. to have and to hold. For keep.

"...by eternal right"

When relating to another feels true beyond time or circumstances.

"Took your soul out into the night"

The underlying emotion of possession, to steal her away from the situation she is in, to be with her by whatever means he can afford.

"And i will bear my soul in time/ When i'm kneeling at your feet"

The unveiling, when there is no more fears nor doubts to hide behind, undressed, naked to a promise made/a promise kept. And i believe, in other words, it's a proposal

Hope it helps you find your own meaning...

Post #190658
Posted 23 August 2011 22:30
Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 June 2012 07:19
I hope Sad Man, you aren't feeling sad anymore, whoever you are.  I guess it's okay to feel sad sometimes too, that's just being human. Whether you are royalty or the boy or girl next door.  Those times then pass, like everything passes, spring, summer, autumn, winter, highs and lows, happy times, sad times.  I suppose most people get heart broken at some point in their lives, even if it isn't in a relationship with a lover, it could be a friend, a brother, or sister even, that the friendship broke down and couldn't be repaired, and then you move on and one day things turn around and you see it differently.
Post #190790
Posted 25 October 2011 21:44

Supreme Being

Having read the review posted by jauntyone in the Luxembourg thread today, I think these words taken from Peter Hardy's book sound very authentic:

Page 82 - About singing GML, James says to Peter:

"When I'm on stage i'm inside the song. I'm immersed in the words, the music, its history, its meaning, and its role in my life at that very moment. Beyond the tedium, the travel and, of course, the money there is a truly artistic reward to the tour and that's the complete naked exposure of one's soul on that stage. There's no greater high. In those moments I'm elsewhere in my emotions. But what you see on my face is just sweat, never tears, he protests. Soldiers don't cry."
Post #198351
Posted 27 October 2011 22:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 October 2013 18:11
Tears are so "dangerous". But Mother Nature must have a good reason for making them appear...
Post #198576
Posted 28 October 2011 16:13
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 28 October 2011 16:11
Ignoring all of the above, I'd just like to say Love Love Love this song
Post #198621
Posted 01 February 2012 03:06
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 22 April 2014 03:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJw-iGY7qI&feature=bf_prev&list=PLD8A50235C2A815C8&lf=plpp_video

Has any seen this version of GML from the Oprah show, pretty awesome and intense. Very unique singer, performer and human being.

He also sand YB on Oprah but can't find it anywhere online.

One of my favorites and can't wait to see him in London in a few days again 

Post #207920
Posted 18 July 2012 21:43
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 November 2018 17:39
Long time ago: 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TFpSCpj79BY&feature=fvwrel

Post #216583
Posted 19 July 2012 16:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 May 2018 13:50
after maths today, I'm now singing Goodbye my lover
Post #216610
Posted 08 January 2016 13:37

Supreme Being

Here's a picture of the famous bathroom in Carrie Fisher's house where they recorded 'Goodbye My Lover'. Given the date of this picture, it's probably how it looked around the time of the recording.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/carrie-fisher-with-a-new-autobiographical-novel-about-her-news-photo/563575391

Caption:
Carrie Fisher, with a new autobiographical novel about her psychotic breakdown was just published. Pic. shows her in front of her player piano in a bathroom in her house in Beverly Hills.
January 17, 2004, Credit: Lawrence K. Ho

Post #273783
Posted 19 January 2016 17:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
This is such a beautiful song. It's just amazing how, after the fact, someone can leave such an indelible mark in your consciousness.
I don't know how he can relive the memory and sing this song, over and over, through the years.
Post #274909
Posted 24 October 2017 20:05

Supreme Being

The song is in the tracklist of a new album to be released on Friday, October 27th. I'm curious to know when was James' performance in the piano room.

BBC Radio 2 The Piano Room

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/news_events/elton_johns_famous_yamaha_piano.html

In November 2010, BBC Radio 2 received a remarkable and prestigious gift: a Yamaha DC7 grand piano owned by Sir Elton John.

The ‘Elton John Radio 2 Piano’ was personally delivered by Sir Elton to inspire new and established artists, to celebrate Elton's unique contribution to the UK radio industry and to thank Radio 2 for their support for over 40 years.

Since then, this famous piano has been used in many live BBC performances. Now, it has inspired a new double album, ‘The Piano Room’, which contains the best stripped-back songs, performed live, by many of the world’s best-known and most iconic artists.

Highlights – there are many – include the heartfelt ‘Let Her Down Easy’ by George Michael, ‘Stay with Me’ by Sam Smith, ‘Viva La Vida’ by Coldplay, ‘This Year’s Love’ by Ed Sheeran, ‘God Only Knows’ from Michael Buble, a powerful rendition of ‘Georgia On My Mind’ by Annie Lennox, ‘Lady Madonna’ by Paul McCartney, a soulful duet, ‘Waiting’ performed by Jamie Cullum and Norah Jones; and two equally soulful performances by Gregory Porter: ‘Fly Me to The Moon’ and ‘Just The Way You Are’. Sting performs the beautiful ‘Practical Arrangement’, alongside U2’s ‘Every Breaking Wave’ and Elbow’s ‘Lippy Kids’… the list goes on.

Ken Bruce, whose 9.30am – 12 noon weekday morning show has an audience of 8.3m listeners (RAJAR, Q2 2017), now hosts the Piano Room performances, which have recently featured live piano performances from Neil Sedaka, Elkie Brooks, Gregory Porter, Deacon Blue’s Ricky Ross and Abba’s Benny Andersson.

Ken said “It is a great honour to witness these wonderful artists performing live and uncut on Radio. There is an intimacy about a stripped-back performance: the artists here are – almost literally – playing in your living room.”

CD 1

Ed Sheeran - This Year's Love
Sam Smith - Stay With Me
George Michael - Let Her Down Easy
Michael Buble - God Only Knows
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
U2 - Every Breaking Wave
Paul McCartney - Lady Madonna
Sting - Practical Arrangement
Annie Lennox - Georgia On My Mind
Gregory Porter - Fly Me To The Moon
Norah Jones & Jamie Cullum - Waiting
James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover
Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott - Here I Go Again
Elkie Brooks - Make You Feel My Love
Rick Wakeman - Life On Mars

CD 2

Emeli Sande - Read All About It
Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You
Gregory Porter - Just The Way You Are
The Shires - With or Without You
Snow Patrol - New York
Elbow - Lippy Kids
Birdy - Skinny Love
Clean Bandit - Symphony
Will Young - All Time Love
Mika - You've Got A Friend
Shane Filan - I Can't Make You Love Me
Oh Wonder - Only You
Paul Carrack - How Long
Neil Sedaka - Solitaire
Dr. John - Such A Night
Peter Bence - Here Comes The Sun
Jamie Cullum - Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Post #284516
Posted 28 October 2017 13:29

Supreme Being

BBC Radio 2: The Piano Room - Available on Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BBC-Radio-2-Piano-Room/dp/B0766N7GQC

Product details
Audio CD (27 Oct. 2017)
Number of Discs: 2
Label: UMOD
ASIN: B0766N7GQC
Other Editions: MP3 Download

Post #284565
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »