James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««1234»»»

You're Beautiful Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 15 March 2017 16:51
YB is the song that made me a fan of James Blunt it is an absolute perfect pop song. It came at a time in my life when I was grieving for someone even though they were still alive. That song made me feel more alive and has such a magical power. A lot of songs I grow out of but i know i will love that song till the day I die. Yb celebrates heartache.
In my opinion James taps back into the feeling he had when he wrote YB for songs like ITIAIH I don't think he necessarily feels the emotion quite so powerfully now but of course only he will know that.
Post #170943
Posted 09 March 2011 18:11

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
I agree that YB is a magical song and I always enjoy hearing it. It was the one that got me hooked as well. Singing along to it is also nice and makes us feel a part of it. I did this recently and maybe a bit too loudly on hearing it back. Oops...but hopefully it wasn't too distracting. I was just going with the flow and it was fun.
Post #171244
Posted 12 March 2011 11:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
Not a favourite of mine (although it brings back memories), James has written much better songs TBH.  However, it is a simple catchy tune, and people can relate it to their own situation at that time in their lives. This song gave James the recognition he deserved, even if radio almost killed it! For that reason, it is a special song to him and to his supporters. This one will continue to be played throughout his career I think... although songs such as 'Same Mistake' are far more genius!
Post #171729
Posted 12 March 2011 17:31
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
There is a live version of this song from the Belgium gig on the SKOT tour. Got it from a American limited edition CD.
Post #171818
Posted 19 April 2011 01:41

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
Came across this parody of YB by chance tonight...it's quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0UT2MpdWnc

It's by Kevin Page.  I expect many have seen it before but anyway I've posted a link.

W'fan
Post #176053
Posted 26 April 2011 20:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 17:01
OK, I really need to ask.....Please don't get me wrong, I fell in love with him over this song in July of 05, but....how can people consider this to be a wedding song when the last line is "It's time to face the truth, I will never be with you"  Last I checked, if someone is saying "i'll never be with you" it's not a happy feeling! 
Post #177177
Posted 19 June 2011 01:04
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 19 June 2011 00:57
Wonder if we'll ever find out who its really about?

http://www.rarevinyl.de/artists/amandaghost/sunday-telegraph.html

Post #182951
Posted 23 July 2011 11:09
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 23 July 2011 11:04
I love U so much James. And I enjoy every song you've sang for us. You know what, I fall in love with a girl and she is beautiful just like yours! Thank U,poet James.
Post #186836
Posted 23 July 2011 11:24

Supreme Being

Link15 (26/04/2011)
OK, I really need to ask.....Please don't get me wrong, I fell in love with him over this song in July of 05, but....how can people consider this to be a wedding song when the last line is "It's time to face the truth, I will never be with you"  Last I checked, if someone is saying "i'll never be with you" it's not a happy feeling! 

Hmmm, I remember saying that line to someone way back... but I married him 3 years later! It's not a favourite, but it's one of my most treasured.

Post #186838
Posted 23 July 2011 14:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 June 2012 16:48
well now,,,lol
Post #186865
Posted 23 July 2011 18:38

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 21:16
Aww that's so sweet Annmarie
Post #186894
Posted 24 July 2011 03:55

Supreme Being

Thanks LD... it's not often I hear my name and sweet in the same sentence!
Post #186977
Posted 23 August 2011 17:28

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59

'You're Beautiful' has re-entered the iTunes chart in the USA - anyone else 5 years late to the party?!

This is the most unexpected news I've heard. Even James must be puzzled to say the least! Billy, do you have any information to give us about it? Unexpected but so interesting.

Post #190759
Posted 23 August 2011 17:32

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
Well like I said in the "Official twitter" topic:

"You're beautiful" is like ONE of THE BEST songs EVER so I think it really deserved a re-entry! Such an amazing and touching song! I still love it as much as when I heard it for the first time! I will never stop loving that song! It will always be one of my all time favorites! ♥

Post #190760
Posted 23 August 2011 20:18
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Just checked the USA iTunes chart top 100 and didn't see YB.
Post #190776
Posted 24 August 2011 03:55

Supreme Being

LB - Could this be another prank of our man? Gosh, we can't never be sure if he's joking or not.
Post #190807
Posted 07 October 2011 22:42
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 16 July 2013 23:56
This is the song that actually turned me on to James Blount, I love the song, I have seen good and bad remarks on youtube who cares about the bad remarks but since I'm eclectic when it comes to music I think he is the Sh!t, meaning he is awesome, I haven't seen him in concert but I know he came to Houston Texas a few years back, I heard him give an interview on radio.  With the economy the way it is I may not be seeing him any time soon, so I'll continue to buy the cd's as he records, he is a good song writer and I hope he stays focused and keeps up the good work.

When I clicked on the parody, it was hilarious I enjoyed it, thats for sure.

Dolly

jbfan132 (12/11/2008)
I love the parody of You're beautiful by Tom Gleeson, an Australian stand-up. It always makes me laugh. I wrote down Tom's replies with a little help of Pookey. I know that James loves this parody too. Enjoy!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I9uC4kwx6-k

Do you all like the song You're beautiful by James Blunt? You like that? You don't like it? Yeah, I don't know if I like it 'cause people think it's romantic but it's not right, if you listen to it properly… It's just about James Blunt staring at a girl on a train, right. I reckon that sounds a bit sass. Right, can you play? nice and loud
Have a listen properly, right.
Like imagine being the boyfriend of the girl that he's just staring at. Right, you're on a train minding your own business and James Blunt walks up to you.

My life is brilliant. Yeah, good for you, mate. Just try not to look at him ok, he'll go away. Don't make eye contact. Just ignore him.
My life is brilliant. You said that!
My love is pure. What does that mean? I saw an angel. This angel?
Of that I'm sure. Right!
She smiled at me on the subway. Here we go.
She was with another man. Yeah, that would be me, mate.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan. That plan better include pissing off.

You're beautiful. I know! You're beautiful. Yeah, I know she is!
You're beautiful, it's true. Why do you think I asked her out in the first place?
I saw your face in a crowded place, We're on a train, stop perving!
And I don't know what to do, You can go and get your own girlfriend.
'Cause I'll never be with you. You got that right!
Can you believe this guy. I knew we shoulda got a taxi. Why do we always have to get the weirdos?
Yeah, she caught my eye, Were you looking at him? As we walked on by. No, I don't think he's cute.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high, He's on drugs!
And I don't think that I'll see her again, You know what I'm thinking again
But we shared a moment that will last till the end. The end is coming sooner than you think.

You're beautiful. I know! You're beautiful. Of course, I think you're beautiful!
You're beautiful, it's true. I think it's true as well.
I saw you face in a crowded place, It's called 'public transport'.
And I don't know what to do, You can stop busting and go and get a proper job.
'Cause I'll never be with you.
yeah coz you're gonna be home alone having a pull while thinking about my girlfriend, you sicko !!
why don't you go do your la-dee-da on some other carriage and leave us alone. We're just trying to get to Brixton.

You're beautiful. I know! You're beautiful. She's alright.
You're beautiful, it's true. She has let herself go a bit.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face, Oh wipe that bloody smile of your face.
When she thought up that I should be with you. What do you mean 'should be with you', what 'should' is supposed to mean? Don't you think I'm good enough?
But it's time to face the truth, What would that be?
I will never be with you. Alright, he's hip darling, now piss off.
Post #196201
Posted 07 October 2011 22:49

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
Hi Dolly,

Welcome to the boards.  I enjoyed reading the funny dialogue from the "boyfriend" on the train.  Very funny stuff.

Favourite lines:

"Don't make eye contact."
"We're on a train, stop perving!"

"He's on drugs."

"The end is coming sooner than you think."
"It's called public transport."

Hahaha!

W'fan
Post #196202
Posted 14 October 2011 20:24
Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 July 2013 09:39
OMG ! That song ''you're beautiful'' huhhh means for me happy song then really sad together!! that so awasome!!
Post #197061
Posted 19 October 2011 13:04
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 19 October 2011 12:59
I love James songs.All James songs and music are stunning and awesome.You're Beautiful is a song which is very special for me.I like the way this song has been sung and also the lyrics of this song.I dedicated this song to my wife.

Trucks for Hire
Post #197603
Posted 10 December 2011 02:47

Supreme Being

http://www.billboard.com/features/1000-no-1s-watch-james-blunt-chat-about-1005621552.story#/features/1000-no-1s-watch-james-blunt-chat-about-1005621552.story

James Blunt Talks About Topping the Hot 100
2011 was the year that Billboard celebrated the 1000th No. 1 song on the Hot 100. As we look back on this year in music, we're celebrating that milestone with a month-long series of videos --- one for each day of December -- chatting with 31 of the hitmakers who rocketed to the top of the chart since its inception in 1958. See full chart here.

On day six of our 1,000 Hot No. 1s video series, we move from yesterday's late 80s Def Leppard smash into one of the biggest pop ballads of the mid 2000s as we chat with James Blunt about his No. 1 -- 2006 "You're Beautiful." "It was something very natural and free flowing," Blunt said. "I think that's what people have related to after the event. They kind of go, 'yeah I get how you were feeling at that moment. It's uncomplicated.'

Post #202618
Posted 13 December 2011 03:41

Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 April 2014 19:07
You're Beautiful has been given the remix treatment in japan by Q;indivi for Shiseido Tsubaki Winter 2011 campaign (I think it's a shampoo :s) It also features some last called Keri. Sadly, the best I can get as a sample, is one of the ads:

Shiseido Tsubaki Winter 2011 Ad

I'm not sure whether they're planning on releasing it as a single but it's available on Chaku-tu (and for those that don't know what that is, it's a mobile ringtone download service) and apparently only got released on Friday

Huggles
Vhari x
Post #202886
Posted 13 December 2011 03:55

Supreme Being

I love it! Thank you Vhazza.
Post #202888
Posted 13 December 2011 11:10

Supreme Being

To be honest I probably wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't been on the Warner Music Japan site for something else and the 'ad' had caught my eye. I thought it was maybe just as promoting SKOT lol.

There appears to be 8 ads, 7 30 sec ones and the 1 min one, though the one minute one had the longest sample, the 7 other one only really using the chorus.

Oh and did I mention it seems to be getting airplay in Japan?

Also, from deeper searching, it turns out (though should be no surprise) that it's had topped the Western daily charts on for 2 consecutive days, while the original had been making a re-appearance in the daily rock charts

Quietly hoping that it turns up in full somewhere soon

Huggles
Vhari x
Post #202898
Posted 19 December 2011 04:50
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 22 April 2014 03:44
When I 1st heard the song, I luved it and hooked on it, I could play it and listen to it over and over without getting tired of it.  Something about the lyrics, music, his voice, it draws you in.

Finally got the cd Bedlam and listened to YB and compared it to youtube views of concerts and when I saw him live earlier this month.  In concert, he sings it with so much more passion, energy and life perhaps due to the concert setting, the Bedlam version is a bit more relaxed and not that passionate.

It's a classic and will always be!

Post #203525
Posted 29 December 2011 20:47

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 29 December 2011 20:39
Top 2000 is the Dutch top list of the year, and James reached his highest position on 616 with You're Beautiful. To give an impression, it's below Simon and Garfunkel's 'El Condor Pasa.'
So it is a real top list, on no.1 Queen (followed by Deep Purple).

JB has more songs in the list.
http://top2011.radio2.nl/lijst/
Amazing, I just tuned in on NED2. when this song was played, so I was reminded again about the nice tour this year. best wishes to you all!
Post #204490
Posted 10 January 2012 19:40

Supreme Being

Last Login: 21 August 2018 21:37
In the MNM 1000, the hit list in Belgium, James has captured 4 places:

427: Stay the night

292: 1973

216: Goodbye my lover

90: You're beautiful

I also remember his gig this summer like it was yesterday when I hear his songs again.  Allthough it's so far gone !

Post #205567
Posted 18 January 2012 03:13

Supreme Being

Woot! The q;indivi remix that been doing the rounds on the Japanese shampoo advert, is now available to download, in full on iTunes Japan @ 150 Yen (and from various different Japanese sites now).....now....wonder where I can find a spare 50 yen......

YB (q;indivi+ Remix with KERI) @ iTunes Japan

EDIT: And look what's getting promoted on the iTunes Japan front page

Huggles
Vhari x
Post #206350
Posted 01 February 2012 18:37
Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 December 2018 18:37
I was wondering why the official video isn't available through the jamesbluntmusic channel??
Post #207948
Posted 01 February 2012 22:20

Supreme Being

It is melissabee... here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesbluntmusic#p/u/38/oofSnsGkops
Post #207977
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««1234»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:37am