James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

1234»»»

You're Beautiful Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
Old Messageboard discussion about YB -
http://www.jamesblunt.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master&action=opentopic&topic=10&forum=Back_to_Bedlam_2

And about the objects in the video -
http://www.jamesblunt.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master&action=opentopic&topic=335&forum=Back_to_Bedlam_2

When I hear the song playing on the radio and on other cd's he sings "flying high", but my cd says "fucking high". Was some of the cd's put out with different wording?
Post #57119
Posted 20 December 2007 02:34
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
yes redd...there was the original 'f*cking high' and then a tempered version produced for people who preferred the lack of obscenities.
Post #57120
Posted 20 December 2007 12:31
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:55
my cd says "flying" i got it at Walmart and it was edited. i looooovvvveee this song it's changed my life and always makes my day!
Post #57121
Posted 28 December 2007 03:11
Supreme Being

the "flying high" was edited on the original "f**king high" version for the radio. I think the "flying" was on the single?

luv and *hugs*
from MB
Post #57122
Posted 22 January 2008 15:27
Supreme Being

I loved this song when it was released. Then I heard the album version in a hairdressers and nearly fell off my seat. At first I thought it ruined the song. Now I dont mind.

It could be 'offensive' for public play.
Post #57123
Posted 29 January 2008 23:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 September 2017 06:10
This was my first Blunt song, like most, and it foreshadowed my relationship and how we would not be together.......it was a warning and I did not listen so when I hear it now....it makes me laugh....like I told you so.......I told you so....

I heard the song and at the very end it said "I will never be with you..." that stuck with me....at the gym just minutes later I met and fell in love with a bloke and we talked for 3 hours.....towards the end I was picturing my life with him and he said "you're beautiful" and the end of the song came into my head and I knew then we would not be together.......but we started dating and months later as he wanted to move in......I kept hearing the song everywhere I went....the store, the car, friends, radio, tv........and it took me back to the day we had met and in my heart I knew........but again I didn't listen and he moved in.......A year later I was having him move out and it was one of the hardest things I had ever done. If only I listened to Blunt's advice.....and my own when I knew that I would never be with him....

I think it's great how music comes to us when we need to hear it......we just have to listen....... =)
Post #57124
Posted 21 February 2008 15:20
Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 September 2010 19:06
You definitely have to keep "f**king high" in there!! It's just not the same without it... I can't even imagine how disappointed I would be if that part was kept out during live performances, I sing that line so well!
Post #57125
Posted 07 July 2008 18:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 17:01
SO I am driving to my friends house over an hour away yesterday, and I had a disc in, and decided to listen to B2B as it's been about a year since I last heard it. I pull the disc out, and just as I am about to put B2B in, YB is on the radio. I can't tell you A. when the last time I heard it on the radio was....and B. How weird it was that I was putting the disc in to hear that song.
Post #57126
Posted 07 July 2008 20:27
Supreme Being

i sang f***ing high a bit too loudly at the concert... i felt that the original lyrics needed to be there ;-)
Post #57127
Posted 07 July 2008 20:50
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:55
lol mb i always scream "flying!" while everyone around me says the naughty word
Post #57128
Posted 07 July 2008 20:54
Supreme Being

ooopsy... my bad ;-)
Post #57129
Posted 12 November 2008 01:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
I love the parody of You're beautiful by Tom Gleeson, an Australian stand-up. It always makes me laugh. I wrote down Tom's replies with a little help of Pookey. I know that James loves this parody too. Enjoy!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I9uC4kwx6-k

Do you all like the song You're beautiful by James Blunt? You like that? You don't like it? Yeah, I don't know if I like it 'cause people think it's romantic but it's not right, if you listen to it properly… It's just about James Blunt staring at a girl on a train, right. I reckon that sounds a bit sass. Right, can you play? nice and loud
Have a listen properly, right.
Like imagine being the boyfriend of the girl that he's just staring at. Right, you're on a train minding your own business and James Blunt walks up to you.

My life is brilliant. Yeah, good for you, mate. Just try not to look at him ok, he'll go away. Don't make eye contact. Just ignore him.
My life is brilliant. You said that!
My love is pure. What does that mean? I saw an angel. This angel?
Of that I'm sure. Right!
She smiled at me on the subway. Here we go.
She was with another man. Yeah, that would be me, mate.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan. That plan better include pissing off.

You're beautiful. I know! You're beautiful. Yeah, I know she is!
You're beautiful, it's true. Why do you think I asked her out in the first place?
I saw your face in a crowded place, We're on a train, stop perving!
And I don't know what to do, You can go and get your own girlfriend.
'Cause I'll never be with you. You got that right!
Can you believe this guy. I knew we shoulda got a taxi. Why do we always have to get the weirdos?
Yeah, she caught my eye, Were you looking at him? As we walked on by. No, I don't think he's cute.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high, He's on drugs!
And I don't think that I'll see her again, You know what I'm thinking again
But we shared a moment that will last till the end. The end is coming sooner than you think.

You're beautiful. I know! You're beautiful. Of course, I think you're beautiful!
You're beautiful, it's true. I think it's true as well.
I saw you face in a crowded place, It's called 'public transport'.
And I don't know what to do, You can stop busting and go and get a proper job.
'Cause I'll never be with you.
yeah coz you're gonna be home alone having a pull while thinking about my girlfriend, you sicko !!
why don't you go do your la-dee-da on some other carriage and leave us alone. We're just trying to get to Brixton.

You're beautiful. I know! You're beautiful. She's alright.
You're beautiful, it's true. She has let herself go a bit.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face, Oh wipe that bloody smile of your face.
When she thought up that I should be with you. What do you mean 'should be with you', what 'should' is supposed to mean? Don't you think I'm good enough?
But it's time to face the truth, What would that be?
I will never be with you. Alright, he's hip darling, now piss off.
Post #57130
Posted 12 November 2008 03:18
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
hahaha a very interesting assessment of a 'scenario" that I'm sure happens daily somewhere in the world. 'stop looking at my chick & piss off.."lol
Post #57131
Posted 20 February 2009 18:56
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 16 December 2010 23:03
My fave is the "she was beautiful" I swear. My son thinks its hilarious!!xx
Post #57132
Posted 18 July 2009 08:02
Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 February 2015 01:36
All James' songs and music are brilliant diamonds, and 'Your Beautiful' is one that launched a million fans the moment it was aired on radio.

The song had me in the first few chords of intro, the very first time I heard it on radio .. and continued to hold my attention until it finished. And that's just the instrumental composition and the sound of James' voice - the overall clear sound of each instrument with 'space gaps' between producing a melody that combined with the sound of James' voice is perfect .. and those elements recorded were sound-mixed perfectly too.

But it wasn't until I heard the song a few times that I resolved to concentrate on the stunning lyrics, because for me it had always been like my ears only wanted to 'breathe in' the sounds. Thing is, I still react in that way when 'Your Beautiful' unexpectedly plays on the radio, but now of course I know the words so can sing along.

It's definitely one of those rare gems I will always love listening to, and in my opinion will become an all-time classic.
Post #57133
Posted 09 May 2010 10:51

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
Someone has put this song to a Final Fantasy video. I really like it.

http://ff13farming.blogsss.com/final-fantasy-x-music-video-james-blunt-youre-beautiful/

I think it's a nice tribute to this beautiful song.
Post #57134
Posted 09 May 2010 16:50

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
Aww that is so sweet Trixie! Thanks for posting
Post #57135
Posted 09 May 2010 17:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
The lyrics really do suit the video. I wonder if the creator has seen the video from the Brit Awards because he captured the underwater scenes so well. For animated characters I find the hero gorgeous.

Almost makes we want to go play Final Fantasy.
Post #57136
Posted 09 May 2010 18:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
I agree it is very cleverly made and he does seem to have some insight on the song too

Funny you should say that Trixie, i thought exactly the same about the hero, he he Oh dear, it comes to something when you fancy a cartoon character eh? Lol, but then a lot of men fell in love with Jessica Rabbit! x
Post #57137
Posted 11 May 2010 01:18
Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 February 2015 01:36
Oh yes .... I think this video honors the beauty of James' song
Post #57138
Posted 27 May 2010 04:45
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:53
Very good to have this thread (is it called) lol Well, it has been a tougher day than any other I feel.. A certain test of my stregnth & faith.. So I took a ride from one end to another on back roads.. To clear my mind of want I don't want to get to my heart.. As I always do, I lsiten to any and every radio station ( by pressing the seek button) till I find what may accomodate such emotions to make it better.. By either a verse or just the story.. That's why I love music so much.. It's just so good to know, that what stories are shared through expression of music; that it may not be the exact same in experience in particular relation, but all the same in the emotions through senses, because we all are meant to be born with the same senses. And if doesn't have a relation to me, then I think on the ones I've known and how it was for them if it came across that way to how they may have known me..

My very first cd was a trade from someone I knew at 13 or 14 (somewhere around that time).. A cd (Soul Family Sensation) for a piece of clothing lol.. But that was the frist to start my album case verses a cassette case lol of what little music I did own back then..

Well, I thought to come by here to share about where my personal meaning of this song from James...

From home tonight on my drive and one end a lot of songs played I haven't heard in years. Funny when I think on it.. For some songs I have heard over the years and didn't know who that was till I find later, (O, that's who that was..) Goodness, my appreciation of music got stronger as I experienced life.. Now when I think back on a song I haven't heard since that time (cos I don't own all music I like) I'm okay with that; I just look it up when I can so I'll know..

On the way back from the other end of the roads, tracing my tires that rolled me, to my way back home.. The whole time thinking and clearing & singing with in my low tone lol

The last station was on 104.9 and Delihla (heard her over the years) She's has just a wonderful way of broadcasting and picking great songs to play with her encouragement and affermations, was good to hear again tonight.. I was about 10 mins from home, I listened as she spoke till the next song came on.. lol I really have to say, that I don't always feel the need to take out James' music, but I know I have it and it's there when I feel that need.. But thankful all the same.. I wouldn't own it if I didn't like it. Out of my whole time since I moved here I have not heard any of his songs on the radio stations.. So that's why, after her talk and she played You're Beautiful, seems it's been awhile on that one lol that;s why it only felt right as I drove with the window down and wind all around me, that I got those darn chill bumps again.. lol As suprised I was to hear it play, but couldn't help think on you all here and what I've been able to share just recently & when I first heard with my boys.. I can't carry a tune to save my life or even ( have the words memorized in my head to sing it alone) but as always, I can if I sing along, weired I guess but, true. lol I guess maybe somewhere between my southren accent, (I try to disguise lol cos up north here, sweetly but I understand why some I run into people that ask where I'm from and just smile.. Can't help but, smile too, and tell them and say thank you, when I'm told they like it, chuckles)

Well, as the song played, this is why I like it in my own way.. Not only is it a great song and James' unique voice makes it so original... I have heard on why he he shared that song (story) with us, I guess maybe I relate cos my angel(s) and his angel are from two different worlds, I feel.. But both a moment in time. There is a long story I truely wish I could share here about that, but as I have been in denial over the years about my angel(s) and thoughts on noone to really understand, I have accepted it with faith, finally.. My angel(s) came to me at a very sad moment in my life and never returned. The beauty and darkness of it all is a memory I have finally accepted and live with, with love and awe.. It was pure, it tears on them instead of a smile, chains on the wings.. And their plan of why they presented themselves to me has me baffeled, I cast that out of my head, but do think on it sometimes. Cos I don't know what to understand about it.. So I have faced the truth in that, that want happen again and I may never be able to see them again here.. So the (never be with you, part of that song, well, so true) This is the only way I know how to put it without feeling that it may be taken the wrong way.. Goodness.

Back To Bedlam, I wondered what that was, so before I went to the concert for that album in KY, I look it up... I know now what that means and can relate in that area too. But I will have to say other than artist "Jewel" (Which I listened to her music a whole lot since I heard of her, seemingly, years back.. That it has been her music that got me through a lot with the struggle inside.. It was hers and James' music, thus far that I have bought their cds in collection, that I can say I like every single song on all their albums.. I can't say that about many artist, but love them all for their journey and sharing (great respect there) But, yes, just those two loving all the songs on their albums.. There is a relation there somehow... Cos I don't know them personally and I respect them for what I do know.. Changes thru charities, simply why we come by here to a common place from the artist we care about..

I have this spontaneous nature about me.. I have lived (it seems) around the world, but not really. But I don't know If it's the blood line? Or what, but I've always had this weird connection with to places In europe, like Scottland, Ireland, or maybe even England.. The lands there are beautiful, and feels when I do look at pictures they call to me..lol Odd, I know but they do.. I'm an odd ball, can't help myself.. lol But I felt that when the time has come that's where I'd like to take my flight.. I have lived in a lot of places to know, for me, home is where the heart is.. It'll take me there one way or the other.. lol God willing.. Sheww

It makes me very happy to share without having to look anyone in the eyes, cos I may have to make a face followed by a laugh, not always funny, but goodness if I didn't find some humor, what? would I do with myself.. Thank you for those that took your time to read this.. I just felt to share after It dawned on me too, thought It would be nice and sorta neat.. I guess. I like reading yalls stories here too, but I haven't gotton to them all.. Many hugs though, and blessings to you all.

O' before I leave here, the song just after You're Beautiful, was another I haven't heard since seeing the bodygaurd long ago, Whitney Houstons, "I'll Always Love You" lol I thought about, as I parked my car, As the world may turn, I will.

Night

Angela

(Revised alittle there) Cos I didn't reread as I usually do. lol To make sure all said right and grammer was alright.. It must be the writer in me.. If it don't look or sound right to me as learned, then I'm not satisfied or get alittle irritated with myself lol.. I need to find a driver that will fit the head on my shoulders, Because it don't seemed screwed on right sometimes.. lol O driver, O driver O where is my driver.. lol A change on the cd ( had the name backwards and the age, as I remember. blahhh.lol
Post #57139
Posted 15 July 2010 04:46
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
hi,
A very pleasant day!
Thank you for sharing this.I really love and like James Blunt the way he sang.I like his song You're Beautiful.I can relate myself to the message of the song.My life is so briliant,it is pure,no pretending side.Pretty good,so inspiring.It is pretty cool.Nise lyrics,nice music,nice arrangement and he is my idle.But as I listened to the music,it says that there was a girl with her partner but there was no love between them,then someone pass her by.The guy took a glance to her and he catch the attention of the girl and cupid came in and there was love grows through looking both eyes.
Great!
Post #57140
Posted 21 September 2010 20:12
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Got a You're Beautiful (white label classic dance mixes) YB you can dance to in a nightclub.
Post #142745
Posted 16 October 2010 13:17

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 01 November 2010 15:49
Have just watched this video again. And I wonder if any of you guys can shed a light on the objects he places neatly before him, before he jumps off the cliff? My guess is they are of significance.

http://a.imageshack.us/img641/7449/heartofgoldbanner3.jpg
Post #148017
Posted 16 October 2010 17:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 November 2017 19:06
traceymedia (16/10/2010)
Have just watched this video again. And I wonder if any of you guys can shed a light on the objects he places neatly before him, before he jumps off the cliff? My guess is they are of significance.

If I remember correctly they are:

1. A plectrum
2. A matchbook
3. A £5 note
4. Shoes
5. A metal credit card holder
6. His house key on a piece of string
7. His pinky ring
Post #148076
Posted 17 October 2010 00:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 16:20
and as it says in MKAF...  they are his wordly possessions.

In other words, all the things he needs in life, but can't take with him to the afterlife

Post #148116
Posted 22 October 2010 12:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2013 13:31
They're usually marked 'explicit' on the cover of the cd.

and I must add the first time I heard the explicit version I was in the hairdressers and I was shocked.

Post #148875
Posted 06 November 2010 16:23
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 02 December 2010 05:59
For me, You're Beautiful is the best James Blunt song. "You're Beautiful" was ranked number 7 in a poll conducted by Rolling Stone to identify the 10 most annoying songs. In another poll by the British tabloid The Sun it was voted the most irritating song of all time.

steve barbarich, steven barbarich
Post #151480
Posted 07 March 2011 01:22

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 22 September 2011 11:03
I was listening to this again yesterday and I realised the acoustic guitar at the start of the song is part of it's success. It's such a lovely tune. James is so talented to write such romantic music. Sometimes we forget his skills, he is an amazing performer, night after night he puts his heart and soul into every track, and we feel his emotion, his voice is always superb and perfectly on key, but the songs are so beautifully written.

I would love for James to do more tracks like You're Beautiful, it is the song that brought him most of his fans. Yes it was overplayed on the radio, and my local radio station still play it everyday, it is pure genius, and everytime he plays it at concerts it still lights a flame in my heart .

You're Beautiful is pure romance. So pleased James is man enough to be a romantic many men care more about having a tough image than allowing romance to flow. I love how he is in touch with romance.
Post #170919
Posted 07 March 2011 02:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
TraceyUk (07/03/2011)
You're Beautiful is pure romance. So pleased James is man enough to be a romantic.

Yes, nicely put T.  Plus with 6 years' military service behind him he surely has nothing to prove.

YB is not my favourite song from BTB, but it is a pretty little song and it's always great to watch James smiling at the audience when they sing all the lyrics back to him.  To paraphrase: He remembers the day when his journey began, hence that song will be there at the end.

W'fan
Post #170928
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

1234»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:28am