James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

ALL THE LOST SOULS Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
does anyone know the data ATLS was released? like its... birthday? ;-)
Post #55703
Posted 06 April 2008 02:29
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
I listen to the album everyday on my way to work.....LOVELY just LOVELY
Post #55704
Posted 09 April 2008 13:59

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 05 January 2012 14:45
WE HAVE HAD ATLS FOR AWHILE IN THE USA WHAT AMAZED ME WAS THE DIFFERINCE IN JAMES VOICE. HE GETS BETTER WITH EACH CD.IF YOU EVER GET THE EXTRA TIME LISTEN TO BEDLAM--BACK TO BEDLAM--THEN ATLS. JAMES IS ON A ROLL I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CD.
Post #55705
Posted 14 May 2008 02:11

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36
Debbs posted -

Hello all you wonderful luvy ducks and how are we this fine chilly morning.

I feel in need of advice and counselling so all suggestions are welcome pls.

I bought atls the day after jb concert and i just can't seem to get into it at all. After playing it several times, while sitting in different positions, standing on my head etc - I still can't quite get into the music. I absolutley appreciate the lyrics, but in the end had to revert to plan a and put btb on.

Am i missing something or is it just that I haven't kept up with the direction that jb's music is going or what. As i said, i really like the album but I just can't seem to get into it like I did with Back to Bedlam.

As i said, suggestions and counselling welcome

Debbs
Post #55706
Posted 14 May 2008 08:53

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
The problem is Debbs that you bought this the day after the concert. Once you've heard the songs played out live the CD just isn't the same.

I'd suggest buying one of the CDs from Concertlive to recapture the feeling of the show you went to.

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #55707
Posted 18 May 2008 00:43

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Missionary Girl posted -

Just wanted to say that the lost souls Album is your best work yet - I'm loving it large. I supported Mutya Buena from the Sugarbabes last night at the Villa Marina and played 6 of my own songs followed by Carry you home. Apart from my own songs it is by far the most heart wrenching and touching song I have ever sang and I hope I did it justice.

Like me you write so introspectively and in that you bare your soul literally to the world and leave yourself wide open for people to know a little piece of you. The deepest part.

I had breast Cancer 2 years ago only 31 years of age 2 small kids 1 & 3 years old and although the toughest year of my life has now written me the most fantastic album. I wish you could here it. I would love to be able to pay back for what you have given me. Your music goes round and round in my Cd player and creates passion and strength in a sometimes difficult space. I think far to much and until Cancer had not understood the answers that were right in front of me all of the time.

My love and smiles to you James you are by far the brightest star!!
Post #55708
Posted 21 May 2008 20:01
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

James and Band,
May I say how great the new cd is. I got it here finally in the US on this past saturday. I love it. I can't decide which is my favorite one; I guess they all are but, if I had to pick, I would say "1973" and....," Carry You Home", this one made me cry. Such a beautiful songs and the verses; what can I say, they are tear jerkers.
I hope you do more tours here in the US. I know how busy you are; but Florida would love to see you on the East Coast. Check us out.
Love to you and the guys,
Cricket
Post #55709
Posted 24 May 2008 08:08
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 21 November 2012 23:45
the rap in i really want you is quite difficult!!!!
i practiced many times before i watched his concert in jakarta!!
so i can sing together with him!!!!!!!
Post #55710
Posted 30 September 2008 03:28
Forum Newbie

Hi Billy, I hear "All The Lost Souls" or "Back to Bedlam" every morning before going to work, sometimes repeat a song three times ... LOL * Congratulations James Blunt and his band! did a good job ... hasta la vista
Post #55711
Posted 02 December 2008 18:21
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

I love alts cd is soo good i love both of his cd equally ..I listen to both of cds on my ipod when i am at work!! so thats everyday hehehe.. i really hppe he comes out with a new cd sooon i love his music... bc wont he come out with a new one soon bc he has a new song love love love which is awesome btw!

Christy
Post #55712
Posted 06 January 2009 15:51
Forum Newbie

I'm Chinese. And by chance I heard my roommate listening to James's music. I was greatly fascinated by his beautiful voice. All my fancy began with his song" YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL". And now I have got a video of his small concert in my PC and I love to listen to it from time to time. The scene in the video is insanely great, I could just feel no distance between James and I( or us the fans), this guy is pretty different from other music stars. Only a guy who has been through many things( wars, death, tears) could express the vivid feeling hidden in those songs( No Bravery and ETC.). Maybe in my entire life I would have no chance to meet this great guy, but I will support him all the time, spiritually forever.
Post #55713
Posted 28 March 2009 10:44
Forum Newbie

What background music title should I search for my film project El Filibusterismo? Like the music from Spanish colonial period or the ones used in many historical films. Like those from the film Jose Rizal. Background music using guitar or piano-like will do.
Post #55714
Posted 28 March 2009 16:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
I have listened to this album every day since it's release - in the car, at home, at work... no, I am not exaggerating. Prior to ATLS, I listened to B2B every day since it's release - in the car, at home, at work... again, no I not exaggerating. I desperately need another album soon... what has this Mr Blunt done to me? Who cares, I find it soothing, mind-blowing, happy and sad, shallow and deep, depending on my feelings at the time. I used to analyse every song inside-out to find some hidden meaning, but I have come to realise each and every one means something different for each individual, and those interpretations can change too. Human connection? I couldn't put it better myself Mr B! :-)
Post #55715
Posted 23 April 2009 20:03
Forum Newbie

Truly.. if you bought the ATLS ALBUM, you missed the true jewels by not getting the BONUS EDITION with the DVD of James Blunt live and the Return to Kosovo et all on the bonus DVD.

The mixing and blending of James upclose, the band, and the live audience, with the volunteer mostly female chorus and video of the captured live audience is something you cannot witness without that bonus DVD. The mixing and production of the LIVE PERFORMANCES is PRICELESS. You just add another source to appreciate the talent with being able to view the parade of exellence.

Great ALBUM, Great ARTIST, and SUPERB LYRICS.

AC
Post #55716
Posted 04 May 2010 10:40

JB.com Admin

katarina11

Posted: 03 May 2010 07:25 pm Post subject: All the lost souls

I just love this album. I lost my husband recently so I play this album in my car every day on the way to work. The words in the songs are so right. Especially "I'll take everything". Thank you James.
Post #55717
Posted 04 May 2010 14:31
Forum Newbie

Yes. I guess there is an ulterior motive as to why the BLUNT music and lyrics do reach into our souls. I think it is because we find some solice and resonance with the thoughts expressed in the lyrics that sooth those memories of those we love. I too had my wife pass away, and do play my ATLS ALBUM as my daily background to remind me of my dear departed.

AC
Post #55718
Posted 04 May 2010 15:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
I thought that maybe i couldn't survive if my husband pass away, so I send to you guys all the force!!!
when I heard the music of James I didn't know who was he, but his music touched my soul, I don't speak english everyday, but his music raised to me to the other level, is precious
Post #55719
Posted 24 June 2010 01:55
Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 June 2017 11:36
James' music has always touched my soul, but recently I have listened to All the Lost Souls over and over again only to discovered that I feel different now than when I used to listen to this album. I think before I felt some sort of connection because I was feeling pain myself and was so self absorbed that I missed what he was saying. Now that my pain is gone, I have focused on what he may have been feeling and I can really hear him. The pain in some of these songs is incredible. I would imagine singing these songs so many times he has probably worked through whatever he may have been going through--at least that is what I hope. I appreciate him more now than ever. xx
Post #55720
Posted 01 July 2010 13:57
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 16 September 2010 05:27
The songs are so geniune and James wasn't singing with his voice but with his soul. As my mother tongue isn't English I have difficulty feeling the direct impact of the lyrics yet it doesn't prevent me from knowing that these songs are powerful. I just store them in my mind and when my English is better maybe I can understand them at a new level. And then maybe they will be even more to me than they are now.

But sometimes I think understanding is experience rather than literal meaning, like music is time rather than sound.

I Really Want You really struck me. And it struck me every time I listened to it. It has been three years since the first time I heard it and during the three years many many things happened on me and now I find the song quite different from the first impression. I find sort of connection between the song and me. But I can't tell exactly where the change is; the song just becomes stronger and I seem to get something that I failed to catch before.It's a song that grows with you.
Post #55721
Posted 15 January 2011 08:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 June 2017 05:43
I think it is amazing how time and James music can affect us in such different ways, we are growing with his music that is the best explanation I can think of after reading all these notes to James and Billy..[Hi Billy My little sweetheart}How sweet these boardies realize his music has changed them.
Post #163201
Posted 25 January 2011 16:28
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 28 September 2011 14:26
Just wondering did anyone in the US pick up the album at Best Buy. I lost the two extra tracks a few years back. "Dear Katie" & "So Happy"
Post #165145
Posted 22 April 2011 13:00
Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 June 2012 07:19
I have been listening to Shine On in the blazing sun of North London/Southern Hertfordshire!  I like the lyrics, they remind me a bit of the Sound of Silence, "and the people bowed and prayed to the neon god they'd made"!  It's very summery and bright, driving along to do this one!
Post #176372
Posted 22 April 2011 14:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2018 12:07
Hi Susan, Yes its really great listening to Shine On in the sunshine!  I find myself singing out loud a bit too often at the moment with the gorgeous weather!  I go mad when I play 'I'll be your man' when the suns out!!!!
Post #176388
Posted 04 May 2011 10:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
I also LOVE this album!  .. Such incredible and sensitive songs that have a lot of meaning (like the previous album) .. I can relate myself to some of them again .. Amazing! I fell in love with "Same mistake" from the moment I listened to it. There is something about that song that gives me such a soothing feeling.

In his songs I find the quietness that I can't find anywhere and it feels so great to listen to his music and enjoy them in quietness .. They give me a very warm and soothing feeling

I still enjoy listening to it every single day!
Post #178158
Posted 28 September 2011 04:14
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 28 September 2011 14:26
Hi everyone,

Here is the story... I bought this album and I really enjoy the album. Then I logged on and downloaded the best buy extra songs for ATLS: Dear Katie and So Happy.

Rock on

Lurke
Post #195126
Posted 28 September 2011 13:40
Supreme Being

I don't know these songs, you could try contacting HMV or Amazon?
Post #195143
Posted 28 September 2011 13:45
Supreme Being

http://youtu.be/UT2Jk5NqFd8  here is Dear Katy

http://youtu.be/GNaMgweEr9I here is So Happy

Thanks for the information about these Lurke, a change from discussing Dangerous, they seem great lyrically from what I just listened to and they have a modern folk sound which I personally like.

Post #195144
Posted 22 November 2011 09:19
Supreme Being

I don't know how many people have realised this, but if you go into the Music link at the top of the page you can access most of James' lyrics!  It has taken me about a year to figure it out.  I am still learning new things about myself and life every day, on this site alone!
Post #200990
Posted 17 September 2017 17:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
17 September 2007 - Ten years today was the release of the second album! I'll raise a glass to you James!

Time flies so fast. Around that date, I discovered James' music through the press coverage. That's how I decided to buy Back To Bedlam first... then, went to buy All The Lost Souls the next day, then went to buy Chasing time: The Bedlam Sessions DVD the day after. The rest is history, his music has been the soundtrack of my life ever since.

Post #284207
Posted 25 November 2018 19:41

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
I've never seen this version before and it's not listed in Discogs' database. Currently on sale via an Ukrainian website.

All The Lost Souls
Barcode: 4 64359 18840

https://www.olx.ua/obyavlenie/audio-cd-james-blunt-all-the-lost-souls-IDBeLhd.html
Post #287104
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:41am