James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

ALL THE LOST SOULS Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:55
Yesterday I bought it... and I think it is just wondeful!!!
Even if some songs were already known, I actually think James has done a really great job!!! I've been waiting for this album for such a long time and I'm really happy to have it now!!!!!!!!

And yes, I've bought the limited edition, it was next to the normal one... so you should be able to find it in your shop!
Post #55583
Posted 18 September 2007 12:57
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:56
Just got it in my hands this morning before work. Love everything about it & Carry You Home is amazing!!!
Post #55584
Posted 18 September 2007 13:04

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 22 September 2010 19:33
I am picking my copy up this morning at the store! I MUST HEAR THE SONGS! I am almost tempted to get it on itunes now and buy the CD.

-A
Post #55585
Posted 18 September 2007 13:30
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 15 November 2017 19:36
I LOVE ALL OF IT - I think its really deep. SM and IRWY have always been my all time favourites but Shine On, Carry You Home and ICHTM are coming close seconds.

Think all of the above will be released as singles!

Reading all the comments, I think James needs to do another live album
Post #55586
Posted 18 September 2007 15:21

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 17:01
OK, This all just occured to me, so bare with me on this one.

I was listening to "Souls" and it hit me.

When I would hear B2B, my first reaction was, "Wow I want to give that man a hug" as I really understood his pain as I have felt it in my own life. I have felt being "Hollow" I have felt a lot of what B2B was about.

Souls is not like that. It's more of a personal glimpse into who he is, and really doesn't drag you into your own emotional space so to say. I can relate to what he is singing about, but not on a personal level. (and being an actor, there are some things I really relate too)

So James, if the hugs on the road become few, it's cause we just don't feel "sorry" for you anymore.....(lol)

It's a great album! Well done boys, well done!!!
Post #55587
Posted 18 September 2007 15:42
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 01 August 2013 22:46
LOL @ Link...Guess Beardy will always be up for a hug...lol...
Post #55588
Posted 18 September 2007 16:02

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

I just bought it and finished listening to it a few minutes ago. I loved EVERY
song. I would love to have half of his talent. The dvd was scrumptious;-)
Thanks James!!
Post #55589
Posted 18 September 2007 16:30
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 12 August 2013 01:09
Just picked it up this morning... I'm already loving it! Same Mistake had me crying.
Post #55590
Posted 18 September 2007 16:34
Forum Guru

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:53
I would have to agree with Freddie i of course love the new cd especially carry me home but much prefer the edgier versions of same mistake and i really want you that sound more powerful live .i guess its my fault for being so keen to hear all the new tracks on utube!
Post #55591
Posted 18 September 2007 17:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 31 August 2017 10:50
Best Buy opened about 30 minutes ago out here and I made a beeline to there (after stopping at Starbucks of course).

You know I was pressed to get this. My hair is not done...I have an appt at noon. I threw my Washington Redskins hat on and ran to get it

I am back home and gonna upload it to my Ipod so I can listen to it while I get my hair braided (hope she can finish it in less than 4 hours)
Post #55592
Posted 18 September 2007 17:35
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

I've been noticing a lot of outside influences on some of the songs. I read somewhere that the new album was being described as "70s tinged" so here are my opinions on which songs sound like which other songs ;-)

SHINE ON
Reminds me of Stand by me, by Ben E King. Especially the opening guitar riff.

CARRY YOU HOME
Very reminiscent of You're Beautiful, again the opening guitar strumming and the echo of electric guitar behind it. But when the lead-in to the chorus kicks in it really starts to remind me of someone else's song - it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite pinpoint it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, this is my favourite song, and sends chills down my spine. I love it soooo much. Thanks James!

GIVE ME SOME LOVE
The bit towards the end, where James sings "... let it all out, let it all out - someday" really reminds me of Hey Jude by the Beatles. La la la la-la-la-la Hey Ju-ude.... ;-)

xx Keira
Post #55593
Posted 18 September 2007 19:44
Forum Guru

Last Login: 28 January 2015 20:20
I just listened it and I give my first impressions...I think a new album has to be listening a lot time to be really understand and enjoyed but I have to admit that Im a bit disappointed by "All the lost souls".Maybe its because I feel its less personal with less emotions, maybe more fake... I dont know.I dont find the same kind of "world" and ambiance than in "Back to Bedlam".I know that James had a different though process when he wrote All the lost souls but for me its an album without surprises.Its still a good album, its just not as good as BTB...
A lot songs were already play at gigs and a lot sounds like others but some are very good like "One of the brightest star", "I'll take everything ", "carry you home" and I cant hear the music".
I think I will listen it again to see if I will change my mind
Post #55594
Posted 18 September 2007 21:47

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
I just need to let this out so bear with me...

Just read a review of the new album and the writer of it was terrible. The comments were terrible and had no respect for JB's music in the slighest. It made me really sad reading that after listening to ATLS happily since Monday and it was a terrible thought that James might get really down reading that kind of stuff. Listening to his music really makes you feel for him. Grrrr... Right I'm feeling better now, just reckoned the good people over here would understand

Danielle Malone
Post #55595
Posted 19 September 2007 00:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 14:20
Is"wow" a good review?

I am bowled over by this CD, it's amazing!

I picked up a copy for me, for Hubby and for my Mom tonight at Target. Mom has her copy opened already too!

When I am more coherent I will post more. But "wow" will have to do for now :-)
Post #55596
Posted 19 September 2007 01:02
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
I like it! I've been listening to it most of the day. The first thing I did when I got up was run to the computer and listened to every song!

Who's Katie? I love that song "Dear Katie"
Post #55597
Posted 19 September 2007 01:51
Supreme Being

It's taken me a few listens to really get the hang of the new tunes. I liked it the first time I heard it, but the more I listen and familiarise myself with it, the better it gets.

I didn't know this new board was here - I guess that's what happens when you don't pay attention in class!!!
Post #55598
Posted 19 September 2007 03:56

Supreme Being

Last Login: 28 August 2017 00:03
I ran out this morning to Target after James' and Band's performance on 'Today'....(You sounded great..... I enjoyed James' jump onto the piano....)

You (or your marketing people) will be happy to know you were in fine distribution at the local 'Super Target' store.........3 SKU's displayed wonderfully in the New Releases area... (Reg SKU (on sale)/Target exclusive with DVD SKU (on sale) and the MVI DVD 'Limited Edition' SKU (regular pricing)).....I purchased the latter two.........

I listened to ATLS off-and-on all day.......as I drove in my car between errands.........I loved it from the first-listen......(almost drove through a red traffic light while getting into the music).........I can't pick a favourite yet.......It's too soon to tell.........It will sound amazing LIVE in concert......

Overall, I was touched again by James' ability to bare his soul........I was reminded how much I love James' voice...........I was affected by his words.......and his tender and mending heart........and I loved how it was all wrapped-up in the smooooooth & ROCKIN' music.....

You won't be 'dancing on your own' with this CD....

Peace to you James.........

~M~
Post #55599
Posted 19 September 2007 04:59

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2014 03:07
Is it me, or is this album very "Beatlesque", so to speak????

I can really hear the sound of many different artists in the new songs on this album. I have to confess, I was never a big Beatles fan, so this sound is going to get some getting used to, on my part. James' voice is a bit too soft and mellow, on too many of the tracks. Don't get me wroing, I love falsetto, but not repeatedly!

Like Freddy, I hear glimpses of the boys in the band, but not the true "identity" of them as a team.

As Link mentioned, B2B to me was so intensly personal, that it hit me like a ton of bricks, the moment I heard it. I identified with it and immersed myself immediately. I NEVER felt that way about any other album OR any other artist. Quite an experience, it was, for me.

Don't get me wrong, this is definitely a quality work, it's just doesn't sound exactly like the James I was used to. I'm a creature of habit I suppose. Like most artists, James was likely to evolve with every album. Guess as fans, we can only hope to do the same.

Hmmmm....new messsage board, new album. Sort of feels like the first day of school.

Post #55600
Posted 19 September 2007 05:23

LOVE THE ALBUM.

Can't believe some critics gave it a poor review...
Post #55601
Posted 19 September 2007 11:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 14:20
The only slightly negative thing I have to say is some of the tracks seem a little over produced.

I guess, like Fred, having heard some of these songs live, the studio versions are a bit more flat than I got used to. I don't dislike them, but feel some of the raw emotion James lends those songs live is not captured.

This is especially true for me on "I Can't Hear The Music" But my comment of "Wow" still stands.

"Carry You Home" hit me hard the first listen, and so did "One of The Brightest Stars". "Give Me Some Love" is just fun, period it reminds me of Queen for some reason. Love the album!
Post #55602
Posted 19 September 2007 14:43
Forum Guru

Last Login: 28 October 2010 10:57
I Love it!

Im really impressed with the second album. Usually an artists 2nd album isn't that great, and I'd like maybe one or two songs on it. But All the Lost Souls, like B2B is outstanding.
Post #55603
Posted 19 September 2007 17:19
Forum Newbie

I had been counting down the days until ATLS was released. I went to Wal-Mart to buy it. (the only music store in our small city). They didn't have it! I was just about crying, I wasn't going to be able to spend the whole day listening to the new album like I had been planning on for months. I phoned my sis who lives about 2 hours away in a bigger city. She said she would go and buy it for me and send it on the bus. (what a life saver!!) I had the CD that night and I haven't stopped listening to it since. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It is better than I expected it too be. I am once again in awe of James!!!! I can't wait until his next tour!!
Post #55604
Posted 19 September 2007 18:28

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 17:01
Yell at me if you want, I'm still not "feelin it" for this album yet. It could be cause some of the songs I am used (SM, IRWY etc) are flat on emotion, because I am used to it being sung live, and packed with emotion.
There isn't a song yet (It may take me time) where I would stop my car and say, "WOW who is this man singing?" (like I did with B2B)
Don't get me wrong, the music is good, but just not the same!
Post #55605
Posted 19 September 2007 18:29

Supreme Being

Last Login: 21 July 2013 20:15
well maybe it just really takes some time, it took me some time too
if you listen to it, when you're going to sleep, that's when it hit me, and i even cried, because I was so touched
Post #55606
Posted 19 September 2007 20:09
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 March 2014 17:48
I wonder if James reads what we say, I think he gets feed back, and there is no way I want him to take what I said as "Negative" It is I suppose, but for some reason I feel as if I have the right to "tell James what I think" The time spent listening to his music, the time stood in queues waiting to see and hear him, the time lost on these boards LOL, I feel like a friend, though he probably has no idea I exist.

I am listening to ATLS again, and yes, like BTB your ear gradually becomes accustomed to the softer sound of music we already knew. James is a great solo talent, but it's not just about him now, for me it's a band, "The James Blunt Band" One of the newspaper reviews said of the Koko Club Gig, how refreshing it was that James "shared" the stage with his band members, he's not one of those artists who stands in the spotlight while his band are lost in the shadows, who might get a name check at some point if they're lucky, we all know who's on the stage. Mal may be right at the back, he probably likes it that way, but he and the other lads must know that we rate them, they are an important part of what we like.

So many of us like the "LIVE" sound, James must be happy with that, mustn't he? There is something to be said for the clarity of songs like "Same Mistake" which is playing at the moment, but give it me live any day. I have no regrets about owning this excellent album, it certainly won't be gathering dust, and I'm so used to buying follow up albums which I end up skipping through to find the tracks worth listening too.

I hope the harping on about "Seeing James Live" doesn't sound naff, it may do if you haven't got to a concert yet, but when you do get to stand in front of thst stage you may share our views. You won't be disappointed by these guys on stage. freddy
Post #55607
Posted 19 September 2007 21:09
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2013 14:59
I'm already addicted- I think they'll sound even better live. Roll on Blunty tour 2008...
Post #55608
Posted 19 September 2007 23:05

Im not addicted to it, i bought it and have only played it once.

James sounds really softly softly most of the time (I echoe Annababe), I cant relate to most of the songs so they dont give me that under your skin feeling or recognition via experience of B2B (similar to Link) , and the umph of the band and the passion of the performance seem lacking - well I feel like something is.

Am I just a miserable old fart or does anyone agree. I wanted a 'first time I listened I went to jelly' reactions like B2B, maybe im just selfish!!

xx
Post #55609
Posted 20 September 2007 00:48
Forum Newbie

I am addicted!! I think I've listened to the album 20 times today while I was cleaning the house. I love every song on it!!! I am glad that I am still proud to call myself a James Blunt fan. He didn't disappoint. He and the band have done an excellent job on this album!!!
Post #55610
Posted 20 September 2007 01:09
Supreme Being

it's completely different from B2B which i like. it isn't better than his first...they both are the same liked. theres a lot more emotion in this album and its addicting! i luv it...great job james!
Post #55611
Posted 20 September 2007 03:07
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
The bits and pieces my daughter has heard.... she has given him a thumbs up to a couple of songs... says he has recorded a few beautiful "slow" dance songs.... i hope that when we finally get hear the new album together, she doesn't cry like she did the first time she heard Back To Bedlam.. I had already shed my tears in private and it hurt me to see her cry just listening to him sing...back when our lives were really beginning to crumble and fall down around our ears.
Post #55612
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:41am