James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

ALL THE LOST SOULS Expand / Collapse
Author

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:36
Blunty's second album. Comment on it here.
Post #55553
Posted 17 September 2007 02:49
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
Well heck....I'll go first!

I was concerned that I wouldn't be moved by anything as much as B2B, but similar to children...this new album is just as precious as the first and I love it equally for different reasons.

I love the non-mainstream feel to it and the lyrical genius is always a treasure. I can not WAIT to see these new songs live, particularly 'I'll take everything' and 'shine on'.
Post #55554
Posted 17 September 2007 03:09

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 24 March 2017 20:13
I'll second this thread.

It's like a new child

The album from the listens availble through the iTunes and MTV, have been so rewarding, everything I could have imagined and more. It's a secret little gem everytime I hear it, and listening to the songs in the order shows how talented James and the Band are in their musicality.

I am beyond excited to hear the songs live at the upcoming club shows. Especially my picks of 'Shine On' and 'Carry You Home'...

Bon Chance, james x
Post #55555
Posted 17 September 2007 05:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 17:01
It's like B2B where you have to give a listen more then once or twice to really get a feel for it. Same Mistake has been, and always will be my fav song, but there are some great new tunes on this album. I have yet to pick a fav, but in time, something will click!
Post #55556
Posted 17 September 2007 05:58

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
It is nearly 7 am and I'm sat here in the dark getting ready for college. I can see Asda from my window...I can not wait to get this album!! I have to wait until after college grr. Anyway from the lyrics of the songs you can tell how much heart and soul has gone into these songs and I am sooo look forward to listening to them.
Post #55557
Posted 17 September 2007 08:17

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:53
i ant got it yet just waiting to finish work at 1pm today then im off to hmv i cannot wait xxxx
Post #55558
Posted 17 September 2007 09:13
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 September 2010 22:39
I think it's brilliant. Just bought it from Woolies on the way home from school. My faves already are (apart from the obvious) Give Me Some Love and One of the Brightest Stars. Album is currently on repeat and there it will stay all day.
Post #55559
Posted 17 September 2007 11:56

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 June 2018 00:16
All The Lost Souls - it's definitely richer that Back To Bedlam.

Much meatier, I think. It's interesting having fans involved in the transition between albums - there's a sense of understanding "Where he's at." Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Just looking at the booklet right now, it's as well as being sub-zero on the scale of coolness - I had to laugh a little at the last page

James, thank you

Post #55560
Posted 17 September 2007 12:22
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
Just downloaded it this morning and only managed to listen to it about 4 times so far but I am loving it!
Post #55561
Posted 17 September 2007 12:57
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 July 2015 11:36
got it, love it, simple! Nic and I went to Asda first thing.....didn't have the binus dvd version grrrrr! so had to drive, with a killer hangover (from Saturday night!!) accross town to HMV who only had 5 dvd ones ordered! but we got em so are happy! well we were happy til we went for tattoos to commemorate the launch and now we're sulking cos they hurt lol!

just about to curl up in bed and watch the dvd and try and recover from the weekend!
Post #55562
Posted 17 September 2007 13:00

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 November 2016 21:34
Wow...tattoos Jaxx. I will check out the new baby later....
Post #55563
Posted 17 September 2007 14:04
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 March 2015 02:06
On its first play now.... Genious.

Think he sings a little too softly for my liking, but Im used to listening to dodgy recordings of gigs Ive been to.

Where's Ben's lovely guitar rift gone to on Same Mistake?? and Beardy doing the I really want you bit??? James does it instead, I miss Beardys voice!

Oo-er Im no longer a new board posting virgin!!
Post #55564
Posted 17 September 2007 14:18
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:55
I have just transferred it to my iPod and about to give it a listen. Plenty I already recognise on there so I know I will be happy, however I'm a bit saddened to see that James thanks all and sundry in the liner notes but makes no mention of his loyal fans, both on and off the board. Most upsetting.
Post #55565
Posted 17 September 2007 14:42

Supreme Being

have a closer look at the linear notes

Post #55566
Posted 17 September 2007 14:43
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 27 January 2017 13:08
still havent heard it - any infos when can i buy it here?
Post #55567
Posted 17 September 2007 16:21
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

cucumber... is it where he thanks Billy Bedlam and the Post-Raffelites?

Thought we were Bedlamites.

If it's not that, I'm sorry but I'm confused :-(
Post #55568
Posted 17 September 2007 16:30

Supreme Being

LOL that's the bit I read, yup

we are whatever we want to be

Post #55569
Posted 17 September 2007 16:33
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
Hello again.

Is it safe to assume that I don't need to re-arrange the CD racks in HMV this time around ?

Bye again.

/returns to being a lost soul/
Post #55570
Posted 17 September 2007 17:31
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 01 August 2013 22:46
I have been playing to All the Lost Souls all day...Immediately realised how special this album is, due to the simple fact that I can't seem to keep my eyes open whilst listening to it (this only happens to me when an album means the world to me, so this is all good!...lol)...I have literally spent the day with my eyes closed, in order not to miss out on the beauty of these songs and not to let anything distract me from them!!!...I have only managed opening them in between songs...I guess it may be advisable for me not to listen to this album in the car for now...Lol...

Love the fact this album reminds me of so many of my favorite artists such as David Bowie one of my heroes!...James certainly knows how to express himself in his songs...

In all honesty, I have not felt this way about an album since...Well since Back to Bedlam!!!...Surprised?!...lol

A huge thank you to James for making this album as special as Back to Bedlam...

XXX

Paper

P.S. This is my first post on this new forum, this is ever so new to some of us. Must say, I am a little nervous and I'm not too sure where this will end up...But it's so nice to see familiar boardies around...lol!...
Post #55571
Posted 17 September 2007 18:04

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:53
My first post on the new boards, they do look squeaky clean and new don't they? Rushed out and bought ATLS today and was looking forward to a nice long listen, then had to do an errand for a friend so had to wait til later, which was very hard. Finally got to listen in between cooking the tea, (what a dull life i lead) and am really loving it. Particularly like Carry You Home, Shine On and I Really Want You. My 5 year old daughter is pleased that James 'wrote a song for her', as her name is Annie. We really like the bit where James sings Annie Youre a Star. I'm sure the album will get loads of play in our house in the weeks to come.
Post #55572
Posted 17 September 2007 18:54

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:56
ATLS does not require a long review by me because it can be summed up in one word...

AWESOME!

Absolutely love it

Clare x
Post #55573
Posted 17 September 2007 19:06
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 March 2014 17:48
Having read how disappointed you all are (not) I'll start by saying I like the new album, never any doubt about that as I have heard many of the tracks sung live, BUT!

I had the "Chasing Time Sessions" first, then I saw James live 3 times, then I bought BTB, and I wasn't disappointed, but it was so different from the sound I was used too, I had become used to the heavier live sound.

ATLS has been on repeat, so even the songs I didn't know have played a few times, and I find myself thinking something is missing, I felt that with this album the "Band" sound that we know so well from concerts would be to the fore. Of course many tracks are just about James and the song, but if you take a song like "Same Mistake" (my favourite) it starts gently, and when I have heard it live as it builds there's a harshness, an urgency that makes it so powerful, but I find these tracks too clean (does that make sense)

Tracks recorded live would have given me the sound I wanted, a back handed compliment, people are so often disappointed that bands can't recreate an album sound, I'm disappointed that they couldn't capture their stage sound. Karls percussion, Beardies keyboards, and Mals base just don't come through as I would have liked, and that's a pity.

Will anyone agree with me???? doubt it, and James will cross me off his Christmas card list. Frightened fred
Post #55574
Posted 17 September 2007 19:29

Supreme Being

Freddy, you want some grit eh?

Well, take it this way - of you see James and The Boys play live again you'll have the oomph of the performance to look forward to, and each time should sound like the first

Post #55575
Posted 17 September 2007 19:35
Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 November 2017 10:11
I'm loving it and can't stop playing it from start to finish, it's another masterpiece, love albums that I can play right through and get such pleasure from, there have not been that many usually have to skip one or two but not with Blunty. I'm very moved

Thank you James and band

xxxx
Post #55576
Posted 17 September 2007 19:44

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:45
Love it,Love it,Love it!!!
I Really Want You is my favourite!
Post #55577
Posted 17 September 2007 21:30
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 24 September 2013 11:09
As the album was released today and we have this fantastic new board, I thought that I would come out of hiding and post something about ATLS!!

Since I brought the album after work today, I have listened to the album twice all the way through. There are some songs on there that I love and some that I'm sure I will grow to love

Same Mistake is still my favourite song and although the album version is great, I feel that there is something missing!! The reason that I love this song so much is that when the guys perform this live, I can feel the energy and the passion!! This song never fails to bring a tear to my eye though!!

I really want you is another one of my favourite songs but after hearing the album version, I have to agree with Annababe in that it is definitely lacking without Beardy's vocals!!!

Shine On is another fantastic song and one that I'm looking forward to seeing the guys perform live on tour

Overall the album is great and I'm sure that in time it will prove to be a classic like BTB!
Post #55578
Posted 17 September 2007 22:07

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
Didn't manage to pick my copy up til almost 7 pm tonight and then had to go to 2 shops to get the limited edition one. Watched the DVD first and have listened to the CD a couple of times whilst reading the new msg board, so was a little distracted. Can't wait til Wednesday when I can give it full welly in an empty house.

Fred - I had exactly the same sentiments about B2B and Chasing Time. I heard the Chasing Time CD first and after that B2B did seem a little "flat" in comparison but that's the price we pay for having the pleasure of hearing such a fantastic live band - we've been spoilt. Remember the time when bands made studio albums that they had no chance of replicating live? With JB and the boys the challenge is to caputre that live sound and feel in the studio.

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #55579
Posted 18 September 2007 10:04
Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 13:37
The thing I was looking forward to most about this album was learning a bit about how James has felt about everything that has happened over the last few years because I think these songs are probably the nearest we are ever going to get to knowing him, how he feels and what he's about.

Nothings been re-worked or over produced, just captured on a studio album which means the performances were exceptional in the first place.

I love the tone of his voice, the way the songs build and he can most definitely write a song (not that there was ever any doubt about this!) It's a brilliant album and I'm so pleased it's finally here!
Post #55580
Posted 18 September 2007 10:13
Forum Newbie

Just spotted a banner for ATLS on the bottom of my MSN:

http://i2.tinypic.com/4qdwnsh.jpg
Post #55581
Posted 18 September 2007 10:34
Forum Newbie

There's a limited edition of the album? Where can I get it? x
Post #55582
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:32am