James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

CAMDEN, The Enterprise - 25th Nov 2004 Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
Does anyone remember the date that James played at the Enterprise (well, the upstairs bit of the pub)?

I think it must have been 2005/06.

The reason I ask is I have a signed set list from James that I want to put on ebay and the exact date would be handy.

Any help from the "old timers" would be good
Post #53099
Posted 20 January 2009 11:09

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

It's ok, I've answered my own question!!

It was a bit earlier than I thought, it was 25th November 2004.

What a show by the way!!
Post #53100
Posted 21 January 2009 07:20

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 13 April 2014 09:58
do you know how lucky you are for having a signed set list & you want to bloody put it on ebay and make bloody money off it, thats bloody bad, do you know alot of people goes to his shows & are not lucky enough to get a photo or anything signed, i know someone who's been waiting over a year to get something signed by blunty. I'm sorry but you should be ashamed of your self
Post #53101
Posted 21 January 2009 07:28

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 18:56
Totally agree Nic!! I would give my right arm for a signed set list!! Maybe you should have left it for someone that would appreciate it!!
Post #53102
Posted 21 January 2009 08:49

To be fair, this was done a long time ago.

The venue was a pub and there must have been about 50 people there.

After the gig James came off stage and went around chatting to everyone. He sat down with us for 5-10 minutes and it was then that he signed it. He used to do this all the time, I remember when he was supporting Damien Dempsey at the Borderline in Central London, he just stood around at the bar watching Damo after.

On the ebay thing; I don't want it. Simple as that. I'm not trying to rip anyone off or anything like that, I just think it would be better with someone who will actually look at it and appreciate what it is.

Lonleydaner: "Maybe you should have left it for someone that would appreciate it!!". No-one else wanted it! It's not like I ran over grabbed it, I just picked it up.

I am still going to sell it, but I can post a high res scan here if people would like to see it (I believe it's handwritten, but I might be thinking of something else).
Post #53103
Posted 21 January 2009 11:29
Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 January 2017 15:38
well i definitely agree with you, nicola & lonelydancer!

even if this was at a time where he signed a lot, it's hard to understand that you sell the list on ebay.
if you just want to sell it because you search for someone who would be really grateful for having it, you could handle it in for the next caption competition as a prize..
or is it because of the money that you want to sell it?

i, personally, would not sell any of my signed things, even if I would have 100 of pictures or set lists or anything else. neeever..
Post #53104
Posted 21 January 2009 12:07

Supreme Being

Thanks Sina, good idea about the caption competition prize xx
Post #53105
Posted 21 January 2009 12:14

Supreme Being

One thing poompoom, if you didn't really want it why did you hang on to it for so long? Were you waiting for it to rise in value or was that just by chance?
Post #53106
Posted 21 January 2009 12:25

This has been sitting in a box for years. Pretty much since I got it.

I've just listed some other stuff on ebay (not JB related) and that's when I found it.

I don't know why you lot are getting your knickers in a twist about it, it's not like it's worth 1m!
Post #53107
Posted 21 January 2009 12:45

Supreme Being

To us it's priceless!! The money isn't an issue, only to you!
Post #53108
Posted 21 January 2009 12:52

Look, I didn't come here to ask what you would pay for it. I came here to ask some info about the date.

If you don't agree with it, don't bid on it when you see it
Post #53109
Posted 21 January 2009 13:20

Supreme Being

I haven't offered what i would pay for it! I won't be bidding anyway, so you've got your date now haven't you? Hope it makes you very happy
Post #53110
Posted 21 January 2009 16:20
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
If I may stick my big fat nose in and say a few words....

poompoom, I hope you can appreciate why your choice to rid yourself of something like that has bothered a number of people. To many, having that would be a treasure and the comprehension of not wanting it eludes many of the members of these boards.

With that said....I'd certainly rather see it be exchanged in some sort of transaction and go to someone who will appreciate it and be happy to have it rather than sit in a box somewhere or *gasp* go in the trash.

Many of us have purchased JB-related goodies from ebay and many of us have been jumping for joy when we were the winners of the auctions for these items.

I think what has bothered some is that you intend to profit from it. I wouldn't view this situation like those where people persue James to autograph things for the sole purpose of exploiting it and making a profit so to me, your plan to sell it doesn't bother me as much as it does some others.

I hope you get what you'd like from your sale and I hope whoever the recipient is finds the value in it that it deserves.
Post #53111
Posted 21 January 2009 16:32
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
I would love to have a item that is genuinely signed by James, never been lucky enough to meet him I have bought some signed items from eBay but you never know if they are for real or not.

poompoom, if you go to the General Blunt forum, there is a topic called Early Blunt Memories. You can tell us all about those early gig's you went to.
Post #53112
Posted 21 January 2009 18:07

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
I'm in agreement with Gena but I do see the points raised by the others.

I have purchased items and won on ebay. There are those out to make a few bucks whatever way they can but I do believe there are many others who see that they no longer wish to keep items and this is a way to make them available to others. It is not the seller who sets the final price but it is the bidders from the demand of the item. Some items go for a price below their value. So a seller may or may not profit. It's not like Poompoom is going to be able to retire on the amount. Maybe if lucky, they'll be able to treat themselves to a modest meal at a local restaurant.

Maybe someone who will never have an opportunity to even make a concert could win.

Poompoom, the item is yours. You seem to have received it in a legitimate way as any of us would. I would much rather see it made available to a desiring fan rather than sit in a box somewhere only to be tossed aside at a later date or ruined in a basement flood.

Edit: grammar
Post #53113
Posted 21 January 2009 18:13

Supreme Being

*wonders if James himself didn't sell some memorabilia from something when he was an avid ebayer.*
Post #53114
Posted 21 January 2009 22:49
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 24 February 2012 22:03
I have a signed setlist from the Village gig in Dublin and on the back of the piece of A4 is the print out of the flight schedule for Mr. James Blount.

That was the night I stood in the street outside the v enuue with James and he told me Back to bedlam had reached Number One as had You're Beautiful.

I have recently retrieved some priceless photos of the night and the aftershow party.

I was there because Paul invited me over to Dublin to see them play and he promised he would buy me a pint of Guiness.

A true gentleman and man of his word. Annababe and i had an amazing time.

I met a young lady from Glasgow called Connie Forrest, she had travelled over especially to see james and the band, it was her 40th Birthday. I introduce her to james and he kindly had his photo taken with her.

Strangest thing happened before Christmas, Connie contacted me through myspace and asked if I still had the photo, that was the reason i recovered all the early photos.

I will make a video using the images for all to see, give me a few days.

Steve x
Post #53115
Posted 21 January 2009 23:00

Supreme Being

That would be wonderful, Steve!
Post #53116
Posted 21 January 2009 23:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
poompoom - what an experience that must have been to see such an early show. Sure the setlist will find a ready buyer on ebay - one person's throwaway is someone else's treasure.

Steve - remember you telling me that story, so looking forward to seeing the slideshow

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #53117
Posted 21 January 2009 23:17
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 24 February 2012 22:03
All my love to my gig buddy Moira, thanks for the lovely card I appreciated it.

I have started on the video tonight, whilst I am feeling creative, just deciding which track to use.

Love

Steve x
Post #53118
Posted 22 January 2009 03:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
Looking forward to seeing that, Steve! How lovely it must have been to know James in those days. It's lovely to know him now too, but you know what I mean.
Post #53119
Posted 22 January 2009 03:07
Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 May 2018 10:07
looking forward to that video steve!!! what a treasured memory that must be for you....and in advance, thanks for sharing with us.

deb
Post #53120
Posted 22 January 2009 04:58

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2014 03:07
Steve, you are such a gem!!! Thanks so much for sharing all your treasures with us! Can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I am truly envious of all you lucky folks who were around in the very early days of James' career in those little pubs. Those memories must be priceless! As for poompoom, I'm sure you can understand why some on this particular site might be offended by you profiting from "James" memorabilia. The lot of us here are true "die hard" fans, some of whom have never even seen James perform live or even met him, so you can imagine how something you choose to get rid of or have no use for could be treasured by a true fan. Hopefully, one of those fans will win your bid. Or, as previously mentioned, can I otherwise convince you to donate it as a prize to our brilliant "Caption Competition"??? Stick around, you just might get to like it around here!
Post #53121
Posted 22 January 2009 05:53
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
poompoom is not the first boardie to sell a signed setlist, another boardie did the same thing last year. She too mention this on the messageboard and sold her signed setlist and signed cd's as she needed the money for moving house, everyone has different reasons for selling their items.
Post #53122
Posted 22 January 2009 10:25

Thanks for all the replies. Firstly to Stella "Stick around, you just might get to like it around here!" I've actually been a member of the forums since they opened ... opened the old boards that is. Agreed I haven't posted too much though!

I totally understand where everyone is with selling things like this. I am also a huge Prince fan and if I had a signed anything from Prince, it would be cherished.

I first met James at a Borderline gig in London 1st September 2004, over a month before Back to Bedlam was released. Not much of a story, but I will make a post about the night in the other discussion area. Needless to say, I am not a casual fan in it for the money. I told everyone who would listen about James before the album came out and I would like to think bumped up his album sales just a bit.

Re the setlist, I will decide what is best to do with it later I think. I know that some people might be interested if I do sell it, so I will let you know if that is what I decide.

In the meantime I will get a nice high res scan so you can all have a look anyway.

Again, thanks for the replies ... good and bad!

Post #53123
Posted 22 January 2009 10:55

I've made a post about the first time I met James here; http://forum.jamesblunt.com/viewtopic.php?p=156443#156443

I'll tell more about the Enterprise meeting another time. Hope you enjoy the read.
Post #53124
Posted 22 January 2009 12:10
Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 January 2017 15:38
just want to say that I thought about this seeling thing..
well poom poom, sure it's your own decision and i (and some others) were just a bit offended because many of us would give a loooot for this setlist
but now i think it's okay to sell it, so that a fan, who would love to have such a thing, (and who maybe never had the chance to go to a concert) will own the list.
Post #53125
Posted 22 January 2009 12:29

Here is a picture of the Enterprise for anyone who is interested. Very, very small venue!

I've added a few comments on the pic

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr239/MrArgostoli/Enterprise-Camden2.jpg
Post #53126
Posted 22 January 2009 15:58

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 February 2014 17:40
Hi Poompoom,

I too, would love to have a treasure like that from James. But buying it, wouldn't give me near the pleasure as would having something personally signed by James for me, IF I ever get to meet him. Maybe someday.

But, maybe you would like to consider giving part of the proceeds to James favorite charity? I think that would be a nice thing to do.

JMHO

KarenM.
Post #53127
Posted 22 January 2009 21:16

Supreme Being

Last Login: 25 November 2010 19:40
I don't think anyone here is in the position to be giving anyone else a hard time over selling something on ebay when there are a number of people who have openly said they've bought items on ebay.

If Poom Poom was a regularly going to gigs, getting autographs and then selling them for ridiculously high amounts it would be a different story, but he/she isn't. This is an item that has been sitting in a box after being obtained and now the owner feels the need to get rid for whatever reason. Its better it can be obtained by someone who might appreciate it than end up lost forever in a bin.

I have a number of early pieces of memorablia myself, and also from other artists too. Most of my autographs are personalised so I wouldn't sell them on, but in hard times, it may become necessary for me to have to find some spare cash from somewhere, and then perhaps I may need to sell on some of those treasured CDs etc. Selling on a Wiseman DVD single for example might get me another gig ticket that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. I would hope people wouldn't jump on me for making that decision.

Hope all goes well Poom Poom
Post #53128
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:44am