James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Writing session photographed by Jared Polin Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
Before you ask, the photobook that you see in the video is not available to buy... unfortunately.

Photographer Jared Polin aka Fro Knows Photo, was allowed inside the studio during a writing session with Stephan Moccio, Mozella and James in Los Angeles on August 10th 2017. It's litteraly the birth of a song in photos! Few hours later, James went on stage at the Staples Center to support Ed Sheeran's Divide Tour.

We've seen some of the photos posted either by Jared, Stephan or James, but this video gives us a lot more information:

https://youtu.be/0xJIyyRNYuI

There's another video about what happened the day before the session with James, focusing on Stephan Moccio:

"Photographing SUPERSTAR Music Producer Stephan Moccio with my Nikon"

https://youtu.be/duDIamDHF2U
Post #286972
Posted 24 October 2018 21:31

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

This great picture was posted by Jared Polin on Instagram in August 2017. It's the last one he's talking about in the video.

Staples Center, Los Angeles, California 11.08.2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXspYMflWH4/

jaredpolin"About last night". I am sitting at the airport waiting to board my flight back to Philly this morning and wanted to share the story of this photo.

My personal project took me to the recording studio of @stephanmoccio an amazing person, musician, producer and more. I spent the better part of two days capturing images of him and the people who came through the studio to write and record.

Yesterday he had @jamesblunt in the studio along with @mozellamusic to start writing a new song. Stephan and Mozella wrote a little diddy called Wrecking Ball.

They were gracious enough to allow me to be in the room while they went through the process of creating a song and capture images.

See, it's a delicate dance as a photographer to capture the process in images but also know when to leave the room and give them space to focus. If you overstep at all, you will become a distraction from the process and most likely be asked to leave the room. I am very appreciative to everyone who was writing yesterday for allowing me to capture all the moments I captured.

James had to leave around 4 to get back to the staples center where he was opening for Ed Sheeran. As he was getting in the car to leave I asked if I would be able to shoot some candids of him prior to the show. Guess what, I ended up with a yes and found myself in the dressing room prior to the show. I huge thank you to the entire crew for helping me backstage and on stage.

Now to the photo you're looking at. I had all access to photograph James, from the pit to the stage. I've never shot James so I didn't know how his set was built. But when he asked everyone to light up the stadium I quickly went side stage then on stage to sneak between some lights, the keyboards and drums. When I looked up james was sitting at the piano right in front of me, spotlight shining strong in the top of the frame and thousands of phones lit up. WOW!!!! Nikon D5, Nikon 14-24 2.8 at 14mm.
1/640th at f3.2 ISO 2000. More info in description. #jamesblunt #concert #nikon#d5 #liveshow #ishootraw #froknowsphoto#piano

Post #286973
Posted 28 October 2018 19:50

Supreme Being

Most of the pictures taken at the writing session that we can see in the video.

Photos taken on 10 August 2017

https://jaredpolin.com/stephan-moccio-51

Six Degrees Line 1
Welcome to Six Degrees Of Photography, where I spend a day in the life of interesting people, capturing their images. In turn, they connect me with other interesting people anywhere in the world. The great part, you never know who I will photograph or where ill end up next.
Post #286990
Posted 19 November 2018 17:06

Supreme Being

Looking back at The Afterlove official tour programme, I realize that many of these pictures appear in it. This programme is of high quality and a precious memory. Would be a good idea to have it on sale via this website if there are copies left. After all, it wasn't available for the fans in North America while James was supporting Ed Sheeran.

Post #287076
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:53am