James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Troll Free Day (Australia) Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
Friday March 16th 2018 is 'Troll Free Day' in Australia, a National Day against cyber-bullying, an initiative created by public figure Mel Greig. While touring the country, James joins his voice to support the project.

Mel Greig chats with him:
https://audioboom.com/posts/6724633-segment-4-2018-james-blunt

http://www.trollfreeday.com.au/

After seeing an increase in trolling and inexcusable online behaviour, Mel Greig created an initiative that will run on the National Day of Awareness against Bullying called Troll Free Day. For Mel, she has experienced the worst kind of trolling and wants to do everything she can to help combat it. Mel struggled to overcome the trolling and it played a big role in her falling into a deep depression, at first she believed everything that was being said to her.

Mel Greig on her Facebook page:

Friday March 16th (tomorrow) is Troll Free Day to help raise awareness and combat cyber-bullying. It's an initiative I came up with 4 years ago after trolling nearly ruined me. Now my focus is on protecting our most vulnerable . . . our children. Nothing will break you more than hearing a 10 year old saying she self harms and wants to die. Please share one of the below memes on social media tomorrow and please listen to the Troll Free Day Radio Special that will air tomorrow to nearly 2 million people across Australia, it's online now for you to listen to with your children. I'm a one woman show and I can't do this alone, we all need to play a role in making a stand on the epidemic that is cyber-bullying. Thank you.

Post #285632
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:52pm