James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

BATH - Bath Racecourse Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 18 February 2019 21:10
New date just added in the UK!

https://www.bath-racecourse.co.uk/our-racecourse/news/james-blunt-to-play-live-at-bath-racecourse#

James Blunt to play live at Bath Racecourse

Bath Racecourse is delighted to announce that James Blunt will headline the Bath Cup Festival, playing live after racing on Saturday 15 September 2018.

The singer songwriter has sold over 20 million records across the world and will take to the stage to headline the new two-day Bath Cup Festival, one of the highlights of the racing season at Bath.

Tickets go on general sale next Wednesday, 20 December, at 9am and will be available from www.bath-racecourse.co.uk. They will be priced at £40 for adults and £20 for children aged under 18. Hospitality packages are available from £75 per person.

Acting Executive Director of Bath Racecourse, Russell Smith said, ĎWeíre absolutely delighted to be announcing James Blunt playing live here at Bath Racecourse. It has been a really big couple of years for us at the Racecourse and weíre delighted to attract an artist of Jamesí calibre to play here as part of the Bath Cup festivalí

Bath Racecourseís season will get underway on Good Friday, 30 March, with a high class card worth a total of £175,000 plus an action-packed day of entertainment for all the family. Other highlights to mark on the calendar include a new date for Ladiesí Day on 16 June plus Ladiesí Twilight on 18 August, a Beer Festival Raceday on 20 April and a Cider Festival on 3 August, with the new Bath Cup Festival taking place on 15 and 16 September.

The Bath Cup Festival is one of a number of community focused initiatives for the racecourse in 2018, which will also see many local schools coming to the racecourse to take part in curriculum-based learning activities, as well as Ďtaking overí the Family Fun Day on the Bank Holiday 7 May.

Post #285019
Posted 20 July 2018 22:01

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Support act confirmed by Bath Racecourse

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlcvhcDhKKk/?taken-by=bathracecourse

We're excited to announce that @tom.grennan will play in addition to @jamesblunt at the #BathCupFestival in September!
Post #286420
Posted 27 August 2018 14:29

Supreme Being

Sounds like this article was written around the album release in March 2017 but it's dated 6 August 2018???

http://www.inbath.net/2018/08/we-speak-to-james-blunt-ahead-of-the-inaugural-bath-cup-bathracecourse-plus-you-can-win-two-tickets-to-see-the-show/

We speak to James Blunt ahead of the inaugural bath cup @bathracecourse plus you can win two tickets to see the show!

In Bath
Craig Maplesden
6 August 2018

Singer/songwriter and King of Twitter, James Blunt, closes his European tour at Bath Racecourse on September 15th. Having recently released his fifth album ĎThe Afterloveí, where collaborates with the likes of Ed Sheeran and Ryan Teddar, Blunt takes time out about the fun he had making the album, teaching Ed to ski and in return, helped him become a better songwriter.

HOW ARE YOU?

Iíve been well, actually. You know, excited. This is a quite different album, which is really fun. My band are excited by it, the record company are excited by it too and then weíll see if the most important people are.

DID YOU DECIDED TO REINVENT YOURSELF IN A WAY?

Iíve done four albums that I loved, all of them, but to repeat myself would be boring. If you want those songs, itís easy to hear those songs. Itís nice to do something new and fresh and something that excites me. Iím on my fifth album, so I took longer doing this rather than the year I might take, I took two years. Rather than the 25 songs Iíd normally write, I wrote 100 songs and I wrote them with a great deal of energy, without a concept or a theme. I just wanted to do something that was fun and maybe, as I say, a little different.

I met with some really exciting people from Ed Sheeran to Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic, Stephan Moccio who writes for The Weeknd, and MoZella who wrote ĎWrecking Ballí. And fl ying out and doing these things with these people just gave an energy. When we had two ideas, weíd look at the one in one hand that was like the other albums or the one that was different and weíd say, ĎLetís do the one thatís different,í because itís going to make us have fun and if weíre having fun, it will turn into a song that other people we hope will enjoy as well.í Thatís why Iím really excited by the result. This is not just an album that I want to put out, itís an album which I enjoy listening to myself.

WHEN YOU WRITE A HUNDRED SONGS INSTEAD OF 25, DOES IT MEAN ITíS FOUR TIMES AS GOOD?

Well, it means we have lots to choose from. By the end, by the hundredth song, which we only finished last week, the one we did with Ed and Ryan, together, called ĎTime of Our Livesí. Like I said, we only finished those a week ago. It just means that the options are greater and greater, so the bar and the level I hope is better and better. So in the songwriting and the production, I feel confident. This is a confi dent album.

ARE YOU ALL IN ONE ROOM WHEN YOU ARE SONGWRITING?

Absolutely. Itíll work in different ways. Ryan and I have lots of experience writing together. Iíd call him up with two ideas, play the two to the record label.

The label would say, ĎHey, go for the safe one.í Ryan would say, ĎGet on the plane. Letís play the exciting idea.í And Iíd fly out and work with him for three hours before he gets on stage at the AMAís. Ed came on a holiday with me to Verbier to go skiing. I was his ski instructor during the day and by night he taught me how to write songs. So we had fun.

HOW GOOD ARE YOU AS A SKIER? AND HOW GOOD IS HE?

Iím very lucky. Iíve skied all my life. And I have a place in Verbier. I live there in the winter, so Iíve been very lucky to ski a lot. He has only skied a couple of weeks in his life now and heís coming on strong.

HOW DID YOU AND ED SHEERAN BECOME FRIENDS?

We met through Elton John, really. Thatís a nice thing to say, ĎElton John introduced us.í He owns a management firm whoíve managed me for many years and that management firm started managing Ed and we met through that firm. I suppose we have a mutual friend in Elton, who helped both of us at the start of our careers.

ANY COMPETITION INVOLVED? LIKE WHOíS WRITING THE BETTER SONG?

I think I know [laughs].

BUT YOU CAN BEAT HIM ON THE SLOPES?

Yes, exactly, Iíll beat him at skiing [laughs].

People often ask about competition in music and itís easy to make it into a competition but itís not. This album, for me, shows exactly why not. Itís about a collaboration of great talent. The people I worked with have made this incredibly exciting album. Theyíve been really exciting to work with and a real inspiration. You can see that music is my passion, because Iíve worked with those people. Itís not a competition.

If I was just working on my own for this album, I would have repeated the same four chords. Instead, I made something I love, so that collaboration meant something special.

You know you can buy more than one album in your life, you can buy the OneRepublic album as well as the James Blunt album as well as the Ed Sheeran one.

YOU DO HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOUR, ESPECIALLY ON TWITTER?

I would like to think so. Sometimes Iím portrayed as quite serious, which Iím not.

IS IT LIKE YOU WANT TO CORRECT THIS PORTRAYAL?

No, I donít have an issue with it. I mess around on twitter and I think you can hear the humour in this album. Defi nitely in some of these songs you can hear, which, again, made it really fun to make.

DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE WHO EDITS YOUR TWEETS OR IS IT LIKE DONALD TRUMP WHOíS IN THE MIDDLE OF NIGHT TWEETING SOMETHING?

I hope thatís the only compassion youíll give me today [laughs]. I have no editing, no.

SO WHAT IS THE ĎAFTERLOVE?í

It doesnít exist, maybe thatís the point. I think it just fitted. Is it a heavenly place? I donít know. Is it better than now? Is it worse than now? Iím not entirely sure. It seems to fi t all the songs, but all the songs in a different way. The afterlove of having achieved love or when a love is dead, when the love is fi nished, or when a love canít exist, or after popularity or anything like that. It seems to fit in many different ways. It seems positive or it could be negative. Thatís why I liked it.

YOU MAKE FUN OF ĎYOUíRE BEAUTIFULí IN THE SONG Ď2005í , YOU SAY, ĎI REALISE ALL I DO IS APOLOGISE FOR A SONG I WROTE IN 2005.í

Yeah, and I put it on the extended version because I thought it was a good song for maybe fans of mine to have, but I didnít want that guitar based song on the main album, because the main album is something more confident than that, but yeah we enjoyed writing it. Itís amusing.

HOW IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT SONG NOW AFTER TWELVE YEARS?

Itís great. I know that when I reach it in a concert itís almost time for a beer [laughs], so itís always a happy moment for me [laughs].

BUT YOU ONLY HAVE A BEER AFTER YOUR CONCERT? YOU ARE QUITE EASY GOING WITH IT ARENíT YOU? YOUíRE NOT LIKE ROCK-N-ROLL, PARTY LIFE STYLE?

I have, definitely, along the way, and you can hear that in some of the different songs. Yeah, come on, I live in Ibiza, donít write me off [laughs]. This isnít an album just about party songs. Theyíre deep, rich, and meaningful songs, absolutely. My second album might have been oriented about Ibiza clubs. This isnít about that so much. But if youíre asking me if I no longer go out at night, no, I do go out at night. Iím still alive [laughs].

NOW, WITH FAMILY AND EVERYTHING. HOW SETTLED DO YOU FEEL? DO YOU STILL HAVE A WILD SIDE IN YOU?

For me, I donít think Iíll ever settle down in the sense of calming down. Hopefully you meet someone who comes with you on the journey. Thatís what lifeís about. You donít meet someone and stop doing what you do. My band and crew are my family, but my real family will come and join me on that. Iíll miss them when Iím not with them and theyíll come and join in. So, no, very much alive.

Win two tickets to see James Blunt at Bath Racecourse on 15th September.

For a chance to win, simply send us your name and contact details, on e-mail, to: competitions@inbath.net

Closing date: Fri 31 August

Subject: Blunt

Usual Tís and Cís apply.

Winners details will be passed onto the competition provider to arrange prize collection. By entering, you consent to our Privacy Policy. More details are online: www.inbath.net

Post #286668
Posted 12 September 2018 12:58
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 04 November 2018 01:05
Anyone else received an email for this gig stating that your tickets didn't make it to the seller in time? I used Eventim
Post #286778
Posted 13 September 2018 02:02

Supreme Being

Hi @TheLostSoul

I saw this exchange on Twitter between a customer and Eventim UK

https://twitter.com/eventim_uk/status/1039496262293381121

@eventim_uk When are my tickets for Saturdays @JamesBlunt concert likely to arrive?! Getting a bit close now and Iím worried that I havenít had them yet!!

Hi Alexandra - if you haven't received them by Thursday please give our customer service team a call and they'll be able to sort this for you. Thanks ^Zoe
Post #286780
Posted 15 September 2018 17:11

Supreme Being

Last concert of The Afterlove Tour!

https://twitter.com/BathRacecourse/status/1040891098128887808

Pictures via Bath Racecourse

https://www.facebook.com/bathracecourse/posts/1934139769954840

Post #286794
Posted 16 September 2018 16:14

Supreme Being

Mike Lewis Photography (Getty)
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/james-blunt-bath-cup-festival-2018?family=editorial&phrase=james%20blunt%20bath%20cup%20festival%202018&sort=mostpopular#license

Red Dragon Photography
https://twitter.com/RDMphotos/status/1041254894873858049

From James - The Afterlove World Tour is over! Thank you Bath for sending us off with a bang!
https://www.facebook.com/jamesblunt/photos/a.10153470579845424/10160891414000424/?type=3&theater

From John
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwseuNFB8m/?taken-by=satellites_johnnyvic

From Bath Racecourse
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1934709486564535&type=1&l=ca8d9fefe4

https://twitter.com/BathRacecourse/status/1041300837564342272
Our Raceday Presenter @EdNicholson68 accepted the @JamesBlunt clanger challenge for his presentation yesterday.
Have a watch of how many he managed to drop into his presentation!

Post #286799
Posted 16 September 2018 18:13

Supreme Being

I don't have the official setlist for Bath but there's no reason why it would be different than in Jersey two days before. Here's for the records.

Setlist:

1. Heart to Heart
2. I'll Take Everything
3. Wisemen
4. Time of Our Lives
5. Someone Singing Along
6. Goodbye My Lover
7. Lose My Number
8. High
9. Postcards
10. Make Me Better
11. So Long, Jimmy
12. You're Beautiful
13. Same Mistake
14. Bartender
15. OK (Robin Schulz cover)

Encore:
16. Stay the Night
17. 1973
18. Bonfire Heart
Post #286802
Posted 16 September 2018 18:22

Supreme Being

Red Dragon Photography @RDMphotos

(Same Mistake)
Taken on my @HuaweiMobile during @JamesBlunt #musicvideo
https://twitter.com/RDMphotos/status/1041358733379612672

Mr @JamesBlunt showing how to multitasking #surfing and #piano playing both at the same time #multitasking ut #lightshow was good @KarlBrazilDrums @JohnGarrison @monkeykingfacts
https://twitter.com/RDMphotos/status/1041369807801733121

Post #286803
Posted 20 September 2018 01:16

Supreme Being

http://thebathandwiltshireparent.co.uk/2018/09/review-a-day-at-the-races-with-james-blunt/

Review Ė a day at the races with James Blunt
18th September 2018

Nicola Harvey and friends enjoy a day at Bath Racecourse including a flutter on the horses and music from James Blunt

What could be better than a day at the races with friends and a little flutter on the horses? Not much, apart from seeing James Blunt giving his last concert of his two year world tour at the end of it! Part of the Bath Cup Festival, this special race day and evening had something for everyone.

It had been years since Iíd been to the races, probably nearly 30 if weíre counting. Iím so glad we did! Bath racecourse is a great place to visit. Parking is easy, this atmosphere is welcoming and there are masses of places to eat, from a few cheeky freshly made doughnuts, through delicious fajitas to plenty of options for liquid refreshment including a good range of beer options in different inside bars and a mobile prosecco bar. Our grandstand tickets gave us access to most of them and a good view for the races.

We didnít have to bet, of course, but there is nothing like even a minimum bet on a nicely named horse to give an extra edge to the experience and itís even better when, like us, you end up a winner! Plenty of punters were more serious race goers and clearly knew their stuff when it came to the horses. The beauty of the experience is that whether itís your first time, or your 50th, youíll feel welcome and have a good giggle.

The weather was very kind to us, which of course was a bonus, but it was lovely to find a spot for our picnic blanket and settle in for the afternoon and evening. Once the last race was over, it was time for the music. And the tickets were reasonably priced so that even if you werenít there for the full eight hours of entertainment, youíd have felt youíd had good value for money.

We enjoyed the support act, Tom Grennan, from our relaxed position at the side, but once it was getting dark and the main attraction took to the stage, we couldnít help but get to our feet. Whether or not heís your favourite, Mr Blunt is a really entertaining guy and there wasnít really anyone standing still. He was as good between the songs as during them and despite a hugely diverse crowd, had everyone laughing and dancing.

Of course, he played the most recognisable of his songs, Beautiful and Bonfire Heart among them, along with plenty more that might not have been quite as well known, but which were great nonetheless.

After a generously long set from James, we headed home, vowing we would return very soon, even without the music. With a couple of family fun days a year, plus numerous themed race days, we will be spoilt for choice.

Post #286810
Posted 22 September 2018 20:24
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 22 September 2018 20:17
We really enjoyed the concert (even though the stage was a bit low). James and the band were as usual great and we were surprised how many people were singing along as it was a very mixed crowd. We missed Carry you Home as this is hubbys favourite but everything else was great, love the bit where he gets everyone to get down
Everyone was buzzing at the end and we were all singing what now seems the new anthem for the end of the concert, Country Roads as we left. Hoping he can enjoy his time off and hoping he will back soon
Post #286830
ę Prev Topic | Next Topic Ľ

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:21am