James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

JERSEY - Fort Regent Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:39
James to perform for the first time in Jersey!

https://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/news/james-blunt-play-fort-next-september/?t=i#.WgYn0WjWy1g

James Blunt to play at the Fort next September

Bailiwick Express
10 November 2017

Get ready for a night of the love ballad. The "You're Beautiful" singer, James Blunt, is coming to Jersey for the first time for one night only in September 2018.

The multi-platinum selling artist will be at Fort Regent on 13 September 2018 to present his new album, "The Afterlove.”

The singer, who is also known for his Twitter antics, released his fifth studio album in March, three years after his last single.

He then embarked on an extensive world tour which will include Jersey for the first time.

Since the release of his first album in 2004, the former British Army officer has sold over 20 million albums worldwide and 12.8 million singles. He’s also amassed over 625 million views on YouTube and over 680 million global streams on streaming platforms.

Sometimes called a "bona fide national treasure," he promises to bring an incredibly entertaining set to the Fort packed full of material from the new album as well as classic sing-a-longs that helped him rise to the top of the music charts.

Rockit Entertainment commented: "Signing James Blunt is a huge coup for Jersey’s music scene and expresses Rockit’s desire and commitment to delivering high class entertainment right here on the rock."

Tickets will go on sale at 09:00 on 17 November and will be available online. They are priced between £37 for standing and £47 for seating with an additional booking fee.

Post #284718
Posted 04 September 2018 19:12

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Support act confirmed: Tadhg Daly

https://twitter.com/TadhgDalyMusic/status/1037005546640101377

https://www.facebook.com/pg/tadhgdalymusic

Post #286719
Posted 13 September 2018 22:27

Supreme Being

Someone must have had fun writing this... In any case, it's fun to read.

https://www.breakingjerseynews.com/home/2018/9/13/air-show-special-blunt-wing-walks-with-the-red-arrows

Blunt wing-walks with the Red Arrows!

Jubilant scenes across the island as multi-platinum selling mega-star gives surprise air-show performance: in world’s first live concert strapped to a jet

The 66th Jersey International Air Display will certainly go down as one of the most spectacular, after Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter James Blunt dazzled onlookers with his surprise addition to the event’s finale, whilst securing himself a deserved inclusion into the Guinness Book of Records.

Insiders around the Blunt camp, as well as the Ministry of Defence, have been sworn to secrecy for the duration of the eight months the artist has spent alongside the aerial display team, as they rehearsed their performance over the Brecon Beacons.

Onlookers in Jersey today only became aware of Blunt’s inclusion when, in their customary finale to the event, the Red Arrows shot into sight over Noirmont, then flashed downward into St Aubin’s bay, before slowing down and tracking across the beach front, further reducing their altitude. It was then, from the tip of their diamond formation that Blunt waved to the now delirious crowds from the harness affixed to his RAF display Hawk, Red 1. And as the planes accelerated across toward La Collette, Blunt kicked off his playlist with: ‘So, Long Jimmy’, from his debut album Back to Bedlam.

‘I could have melted’ explained Maxine Gilbertson, who had been dining at the Gunsite Café. ‘One minute I’m mopping up from my carrot cake…. and the next, I’m peering into James Blunt’s eyes. He waved! I had to buy two sorbets just to calm down again.’ ‘He’s just so much more tufty and gorgeous in real life!’ ‘And not only that!’ she shouted ‘I picked up on Insight last week, tickets to see him at Fort Regent tonight for three quid!’

Despite the euphoria across the south coast, Blunt’s performance was not without drama. Shortly after setting out into the second verse of ‘Carry You Home’, from his second album All the Lost Souls, Blunt, a former army captain, let out a frenzied string of expletives, causing the masses on the ground to gasp collectively, and parents to glance searchingly to their children.

Word quickly spread that the artist had impacted something.

‘We were just on our approach to Elizabeth Castle’ Blunt explained afterward ‘So I knew that the corkscrew was coming soon. I had just started singing again after the chorus – and then whack! That’s when it happened. Right in the neck! It felt like being hit by a baseball. I could barely breathe. I know that I let out some rather unpleasant language, and for that I am sorry.’ ‘I thought it must have been a bird or something. It really shook me up. Red 7 and Red 9 both flew closer to see if I was ok. I got myself back together again, gave them a thumbs-up, and we just sort of picked up where we left off.’

Experts have since been able to confirm: from wing fragments and traces of semen taken from the star’s ear, that he had come into contact with two Asian hornets.

‘It is unheard of for them to be mating at such high altitude’ explained UK entomologist Corey Mandibles; ‘but given the mood, and the carnival atmosphere of the occasion, we perhaps shouldn’t be altogether surprised.’ Mr Mandibles sighed wistfully. ‘They were probably just having a bit of fun.’

Roy Sharples, one of Jersey’s last surviving Second World War veterans, described events. ‘It was one thing to be at the 70th anniversary of VE Day and to see my squadron’s sole remaining Lancaster pass over the cliffs of Dover flanked by Spitfires; but seeing Mr Blunt perform ‘Goodbye my lover’ at 600mph over The Radisson was an experience I fear I will only tarnish if I attempt to encapsulate the majesty of it all. And despite the fact that I, nor any of those around me, could decipher anything more than just the first word of the chorus each time he whizzed past, it wouldn’t be over-egging it say that the experience has reinvigorated what has been, recently, a wavering sense of national pride in me.’ Mr Sharples swallowed back a tear. ‘And as for that black Bretling suit of his?’ he then added. ‘Stunning.’

Home Affairs minister Gaston McShale said this of the day: ‘The securing of Blunt for this year’s air show, alongside the very nature of his performance, are reflective of a heady new dynamism sweeping through the administration. And whilst we, ultimately, had no direct bearing on his coming here, nor upon his teaming-up with the Reds, we can assure the public that we take culture and the Arts extremely seriously.’ ‘We are currently’ she said ‘as part of reforms to Economic Development’s fund allocation schemes, exploring the possibility of bringing in Adele for the cider festival, and have already had a response, albeit somewhat cryptic, from U2 regarding the laying-on of an additional Sunset Concert at Grantez this February.

Post #286784
Posted 15 September 2018 17:10

Supreme Being

Just a few pictures so far via Rockit

https://www.facebook.com/RockitOfficial/posts/2082548808636675
Post #286793
Posted 16 September 2018 18:11

Supreme Being

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/james-blunt/2018/gloucester-hall-saint-helier-jersey-53e99339.html

Setlist:

1. Heart to Heart
2. I'll Take Everything
3. Wisemen
4. Time of Our Lives
5. Someone Singing Along
6. Goodbye My Lover
7. Lose My Number
8. High
9. Postcards
10. Make Me Better
11. So Long, Jimmy