James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

LONDON - Chelsea Royal Hospital Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
Tickets go on sale this Friday 10 November
Sorry if already been shared but just heard it on Magic the first artist announced for the new Live @ Chelsea gigs
I'm sure someone will do the link properly for me but here is an article about it
http//www.list.co.uk/article/97235-james-blunt-for-the-live-at-chelsea-concert-series-2018/
Post #284649
Posted 06 November 2017 22:44

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 16:45
More info here, there's a presale on November 7th.

http://www.music-news.com/news/Underground/109088/James-Blunt-announced-for-Live-At-Chelsea

James Blunt announced for Live At Chelsea
Music-News.com
6 November 2017

James Blunt has been announced as the first artist to perform at the Live At Chelsea Concert Series 2018, kicking the summer off in style in the idyllic grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea in West London. Music fans across the capital will for the 4th year turn the grounds into one of the most unique live concert settings.

The announcement of the BRIT Award-winning singer-songwriter holds great significance and poignance with the Chelsea Pensioners, who are all retired soldiers of the British Army, as they will be welcoming one of their own to perform on the hallowed Sir Christopher Wren designed site. Blunt is a former Army Officer who served in the Kosovo War, writing some of his well- known songs about his experiences from the time.

Since emerging with 2005’s Highest Selling UK Album, ‘Back to Bedlam’, bolstered by the incredible success of the single ‘You’re Beautiful’ which went on to become No.1 in several countries worldwide including the UK and USA, Blunt has become one of Britain’s most loved solo artists.

With 4 more albums under his belt, Blunt remains as popular as ever. His most recent album, 2017’s ‘The Afterlove’, features a raft of co-writers including Ed Sheeran on the track ‘Make Me Better’, and saw Blunt add an RnB tinge to his sound, which the Financial Times said ‘attests to Blunt’s musical staying power’.

Following on from the success of the album, James Blunt embarked upon ‘The Afterlove World Tour’ in August 2017, which takes in over twenty countries across 5 continents.

Having sold over 20 million albums worldwide, amassing over 625 million views on YouTube, and receiving 5 Grammy nominations along the way, Blunt also commands a cult following as one of Britain’s premier Twitter personalities.

On performing the very special show at the hospital, James Blunt said:

“I am thrilled to be able to perform at the Royal Hospital Chelsea in West London. It’s where I now call home, and it will be great to be amongst friends and many familiar faces in the crowd.”

The Live At Chelsea Concert Series returns for it’s 4th year in 2018, having fast become a unique staple in London’s summer calendar Previously featured artists include Rufus Wainwright, Ludovico Einaudi, Simply Red, and Belle & Sebastian amongst others, who have all entertained thousands of audience members – as well as the Chelsea Pensioners themselves, who live in the immaculate and immersive hospital grounds. There are also various hospitality packages available, ranging from the most comfortable to the most luxurious concert experiences across all shows at the Concert Series.

Every year a portion of the ticket sales from the event is donated towards the care of the Chelsea Pensioners, as well as the maintenance of the Grade I listed site which has provided care and comradeship to ex-military personnel since 1682 when it was founded by King Charles II.

For more information on the Chelsea Pensioners and the Royal Hospital Chelsea, please visit: www.chelsea-pensioners.org.uk

Amazon presale tickets on sale through Amazon Tickets from November 7th, general sale on November 10th. @AmazonTicketsUK

Tickets
On-Sale Friday 10th November 10am
Prices: £55, £45, £35

Post #284653
Posted 07 November 2017 09:24

Supreme Being

Nice Twitter banner!
https://twitter.com/AmazonTicketsUK

https://tickets.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0774X8D7T/live-at-chelsea-featuring-james-blunt?ref_=aloc_MN_LAC_Blunt

The following exclusive offers are available to paid Prime members:
Pre-sale - Tickets to this event are available to paid Prime members before the general public.
If you are not currently a paid Prime member, you can sign up and pay for Prime as part of your ticket purchase.

Event description
Amazon Prime pre-sale opens 10 am, Tuesday 7 November 2017

Amazon pre-sale opens 12 pm, Tuesday 7 November 2017

Extending The Afterlove World Tour, James Blunt is announced as the first headliner for Live at Chelsea 2018. Music fans across the capital will, for the fourth consecutive year, turn the grounds of Royal Hospital Chelsea into one of the most unique and immersive live concert settings.

Five-time Grammy nominee Blunt is a former Army Officer who served in the Kosovo War, writing some of his most well-known songs about his experiences from the time. Since emerging with 2005’s highest-selling UK album, Back to Bedlam, Blunt has become one of Britain’s most loved solo artists. 2017’s The Afterlove features a raft of co-writers including Ed Sheeran, while Blunt introduces an R&B tinge to his sound.

Prices and offers can change based on options, dates and availability. Our prices are inclusive of all booking fees and charges--see the pricing breakdown

(follow the link above)
Post #284656
Posted 09 November 2017 17:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
Pre-sale tickets available without being an Amazon prime member now!
Post #284687
Posted 23 April 2018 16:55

Supreme Being

Musical guests confirmed: Ferris & Sylvester

https://twitter.com/FerrisSylvester/status/988431597727830016

https://www.ferrisandsylvester.co.uk

Post #285852
Posted 22 May 2018 14:00

Supreme Being

22/05/2018

https://twitter.com/VickiWusche/status/998893571754340352

I have two tickets to James Blunt at Chelsea on 16th June and I can't go - CONDITION one person needs to use a disabled badge or be in receipt of disability allowance - please let me know if you are interested in the tickets
Post #286046
Posted 16 June 2018 18:44

Supreme Being

James with The Chelsea Pensioners before the concert.

https://www.facebook.com/RoyalHospitalChelsea/photos/a.517856094924473.1073741825.509358605774222/2043911662318901/?type=3&theater

Tonight James Blunt will take to the #LiveAtChelsea stage at the Royal Hospital Chelsea with support from Ferris & Sylvester.

Earlier today, the Pensioners were delighted to meet James and show him around their home, the Royal Hospital Chelsea.

The area is now open and the Chelsea Pensioners are looking forward to welcoming all those who are attending tonight.

Also on Twitter

https://twitter.com/RHChelsea/status/1008025925001326592

Post #286192
Posted 17 June 2018 02:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
I was at this gig last night with the lovely LD, and we had a great time. The venue was unique, the weather stayed dry and James was on good form.

The supporting act were a talented duo who seemed like they'd stepped out of the 70s (no bad thing in my book, some great music came from that decade). Some of the Chelsea pensioners attended, in their smart dress uniforms, and they seemed to enjoy the atmosphere and were quite convivial about the many people asking to take selfies with tbem.

Highlights for me were Bonfire Heart, High, Wisemen, Postcards and Same Mistake. Carry Me Home was a bit emotional for me, as due to personal circumstances the words have a certain resonance for me nowadays, but it's cathartic so all to the good.

At times the security staff were a bit over zealous in their crowd control, but by the end of the concert they had been ground into submission by an enthusiastic audience who decided that dancing in the aisles was the way to go. One surly security chap was making a futile attempt to drive people back when he was overwhelmed by a young woman grabbing both his hands and engaging him in a dance, which completely threw him off his stride, it was an amusing thing to witness. It got even better when he managed to extricate himself from her, only to have another young woman accost him in the same way! We exchanged a high five afterwards - respect!

James was his usual charming self, punctuating the performance with his self deprecating humour and the well used lines that regular fans can see coming a mile off, but they still raise a laugh.

Sophia walked past us at one point, looking utterly radiant with her flawless skin and lovely figure. When seen close up, with barely any make-up, she is quite a stunner. Sophia called out a very friendly greeting to LD, and came across as very warm and personable. However, I was lucky enough to have LD all to myself for the entire evening, a rare treat indeed, so was tempted to shout out, in a Harry Enfield-esque type of way "Oi, Sophia, No!!! You've got James and that's fair enough, but you can't have LD too, she's MY gig buddy, ALL MINE!!!"

A great evening's entertainment with a great gig buddy.

W'fan
Post #286194
Posted 17 June 2018 19:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 17:04
Lol!!!! Aww bless you Wolfie!! How sweet, but you made it fun too!!!!! Even if we did have to traipse around looking for a bloody hot chocolate!!!

Wolfie has said it all really, such a pleasure to meet some of the Chelsea pensioner's, what gentlemen they are, such an honour to be in their presence, such heroes, every one of them

You're a great gig buddy too Wolfie, i'm just glad it wasn't a full moon that night!!
Post #286197
Posted 18 June 2018 20:46
Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 20:06
Hi Wolfie and LD - so lovely to see you both on the boards again! It sounds like you had a great night at the Chelsea gig, I'm glad you were able to be there and that you both enjoyed it so much. Must be nice for James too, to be performing on home turf again.
Post #286200
Posted 19 June 2018 16:37

Supreme Being

Good to see you here Wolverinefan and LD. Thanks for your reviews.

In James own words: "It was like the Beatles coming back to Liverpool"
Photo by John Garrison

https://www.facebook.com/jamesblunt/photos/a.10153470579845424.1073741829.16855985423/10160541913930424/?type=3&theater

Photos by Dafydd Owen for Avalon.red agency

https://bit.ly/2MRwUjh
Post #286203
Posted 22 June 2018 17:39

Supreme Being

Thanks A Friend and Aline. It's nice to get feedback from other boardies. Talking of which, where is everyone?! This place is like the Marie Celeste!

Yes, James seemed to regard the venue as part of his "home turf". He joked that other performers look forward to playing at Wembley, but for him his whole career had been building towards that gig! He also apologised to the residents of the CPH for keeping them up by making such a horrible racket!

LD - although it wasn't a full moon, I could have sworn I heard a wolf howling during Same Mistake...

W'fan
Post #286227
Posted 23 June 2018 23:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 00:34
Maybe I'm not very well known in the forum and Wolvie probably does not remember me, but it's a great pleasure to see two of the most memorable bordies back in the forum as LD and Wolvie, thanks for the review, it's good to see you again!
Post #286232
Posted 24 June 2018 19:41

Supreme Being

Cool picture! James' biggest fans were in the first row... his parents.

https://twitter.com/solunar71/status/1010827538640310272

Post #286242
Posted 04 July 2018 15:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 July 2018 19:21
Sounds like a very special concert. Wish I had been there

Thanks for all the reviews - so good to read them.

Wolfie!!!! NO!!! LD is MY gig buddy!!!!!!
Post #286300
Posted 07 July 2018 04:28

Supreme Being

Includes photos.

http://www.chelsea-pensioners.co.uk/news/james-blunt-visits-staff-mti

James Blunt Visits Staff at the MTI

The Pensioners and staff of the Margaret Thatcher Infirmary (MTI) were treated to a very special surprise visit from James Blunt ahead of his Live at Chelsea headline performance in June. James’ personal connection to the Army and his recognition of the debt we owe to those who fought bravely for our nation, meant that he wanted to thank personally the MTI staff who deliver exceptional levels of care on a daily basis.

Susan Williams, Matron of the MTI, explained what it meant to the team; “It was such a lovely surprise for James Blunt to meet with our wonderful nursing and care staff in the MTI on Saturday.They were clearly overwhelmed and happy that he valued their contribution to the care of the Chelsea Pensioners".

Alan Rutter (pictured top left) was one of the lucky Pensioners who spent time with James during his visit. He told us afterwards: “I was very excited when I found out that I was going to meet James Blunt. My daughter is a huge fan and so am I! What really struck me during the visit was James’ relaxed and down to earth nature. He is clearly a very genuine guy, who took a real interest in the MTI residents and staff.”

The Chelsea Pensioners and staff at the MTI extended their thanks to James for his time and support!

Post #286321
Posted 08 July 2018 00:59

Supreme Being

Rebecca1977 (04/07/2018)
Sounds like a very special concert. Wish I had been there

Thanks for all the reviews - so good to read them.

Wolfie!!!! NO!!! LD is MY gig buddy!!!!!!

Oh, Hi Rebecca, I didn't notice you over there... (Wolfie smiles sheepishly, knowing better than to challenge the alpha female of the pack)

Of course LD is your gig buddy, I'd never dream of trying to steal her from you. (Wolfie quickly swishes her tail to hide the empty vodka bottles that belie the truth of how she tempted LD to accompany her to Chelsea.)

Hi Rose, of course I remember you. How are things down there in the southern hemisphere?

Hi Aline, another interesting find. You seem to have real talent for sniffing out what James is up to. Is it a full time occupation for you?!?

W'fan
Post #286325
Posted 08 July 2018 19:25

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 July 2018 19:21
Wolfie - you got off cheaply with a few bottles of vodkas. It takes me a couple of cases of Jack Daniels

Hi Roarrig - I remember you well Nice to see you.

Aline you should be James' official biographer. Thank you for all your immense information and photos.
Post #286346
Posted 09 July 2018 21:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 00:34
@Wolverifan and @Rebecca1977 nice to read you again, probably I'll never over there, so it is really nice to read you once again!
Post #286351
Posted 10 July 2018 01:47

Supreme Being

Rebecca1977 (08/07/2018)
Wolfie - you got off cheaply with a few bottles of vodkas. It takes me a couple of cases of Jack Daniels

Ha ha ha! It's all coming out now! That explains why LD often ends up dancing on the table!

W'fan
Post #286352
Posted 10 July 2018 03:15

Supreme Being

My interest and enthusiasm for James' music and projects have never faltered. I've become a kind of archivist on this forum.
Post #286353
Posted 11 July 2018 21:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 17:04
Oh now girls, girls, girls, of course it's nothing to do with the alcohol, none whatsoever, it's all to do with the wonderful....cough....company....cough....that you both....cough....are....cough..cough....oh dear, this damn hayfever!
Post #286370
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:07pm