James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Royal Variety Performance - London Palladium Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
The UK leg of The Afterlove Tour is going to be hectic! A new special appearance just been announced at the 2017 Royal Variety Performance in London. The last time James performed at this event was in December 2007 in Liverpool.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a841980/royal-variety-2017-miranda-hart-louis-tomlinson-james-blunt-tokio-myers/

Miranda Hart bringing Louis Tomlinson, James Blunt and BGT winner Tokio Myers together for Royal Variety 2017

Jam-packed line-up also features The Killers, Paloma Faith, Michael Ball and Alfie Boe, and more!

Digital Spy, by Justin Harp
1 November 2017

Miranda Hart will ascend to the throne as the UK's Queen of Comedy as she hosts the 2017 Royal Variety Performance.

The sitcom and stage star will be welcoming the biggest acts in music, theatre and comedy in front of the royal family at the hallowed London Palladium for the country's annual entertainment showcase.

This year's line-up is particularly impressive. If you like pop music, Miranda will be sharing the stage with The Killers, Louis Tomlinson, James Blunt, The Script, Paloma Faith and the legendary Seal.

The West End will be represented as well as we're presented with segments featuring Kelsey Grammer and the cast of Big Fish, ensembles from Annie and 42nd Street as well as The Leading Ladies — an impressive trio made up of stage vets Amber Riley, Beverley Knight and Cassidy Janson.

Everyone's favourite musical duo Alfie Boe and Michael Ball will be on hand, as will Cirque du Soleil and the incredible Circus Abyssinia. On the comedy front, Jason Manford and Tom Allen are sure to make the royals chuckle.

Don't forget that the night will be a crowning moment for Britain's Got Talent winner Tokio Myers, who earned the right to perform in front of the royals when he triumphed on ITV's reality competition.

This year's Royal Variety will also make history for selecting Miranda Hart as the event's first-ever solo female presenter. It's only taken 105 years...

"If you don't mind me, I am just going to smash a glass ceiling and be the first woman to host the Royal Variety. That felt good," Miranda Hart said today (November 1).

"It's thrilling for me because of that, and because I am hugely proud to be part of such an important event in our comedy and variety heritage as the Royal Variety Performance.

"The young-wannabe- comedian me who watched the show every year, would be just as excited to hear that grown-up me is going to be hosting - only I'll be doing it without the 1970s pudding bowl haircut that made me look like a young male monk!"

In landing the hosting gig, Miranda Hart follows in the footsteps of comedy greats like Ronnie Corbett, Bruce Forsyth, Brian Conley, Jonathan Ross, Jack Whitehall and David Walliams.

The 2017 Royal Variety Performance will be held in London on November 24 and then air on ITV in December.

Post #284593
Posted 01 November 2017 01:52

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

There's a link to buy tickets on this website page, but they are on sale since March 2017.

http://www.royalvarietycharity.org/rvptickets

ROYAL VARIETY PERFORMANCE 2017

"It's with great pleasure that we announce that this year’s Royal Variety Performance will be held on Friday 24th November 2017, at the London Palladium Theatre.

This venue has been the home to the Royal Variety Performance more times than any other and we are delighted to be returning there this year for what we hope will be a fantastic fundraiser for the Royal Variety Charity. We are also looking forward to working with ITV Studios once again to produce what will undoubtedly be a truly spectacular and memorable night of entertainment; in the presence of senior members of the Royal Family.

Following the huge success of last year, we are also delighted to announce that our official Aftershow Party and Banquet will be returning to the prestigious and now newly refurbished Great Room of the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane. Following last year’s debut at this incredible venue, we are very excited to be returning to enjoy and celebrate the evening after the show.

We will once again be offering a limited number of discounted packages (online only) for buying both a Show and Aftershow ticket.

Please note that the Royal Variety Charity is the only supplier of Royal Variety Performance tickets and due to the increasing pressures of security surrounding Royal Events, please note that tickets are strictly not for re-sale, nor are they transferable without our written permission. Photographic ID will need to be presented with your tickets on entry to the theatre.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support of the Royal Variety Charity and we very much hope to see you at this year’s show in November!" GILES COOPER, CHAIRMAN

Post #284594
Posted 07 November 2017 16:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 December 2018 08:18
But that is the night that Im going to see James in Brighton!!?
Post #284661
Posted 08 November 2017 09:16

Supreme Being

Me too!

I'll have no problem to wait if James is a bit late on stage that night.
Post #284667
Posted 19 November 2017 09:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 November 2017 14:37
Pleased to hear this fabulous news
Post #284806
Posted 25 November 2017 17:03

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
Aww - James cancelled! - after a delayed start due to security scare. "James Blunt , the singer, cancelled his performance after the time change meant he was no longer able to attend thanks to a diary clash".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/24/duchess-cambridge-laughs-husband-joins-royal-variety-performance/

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #284880
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:48am