James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Chief Blunt Officer on Tinder Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
I didn't know where to post this video, but it seems appropriate to have a thread for James latest comedy creations. He may be the opening act for Ed Sheeran, but obviously he works hard on many different projects while touring in North America. This video must have been made in Los Angeles while he was there on August 10-11-12.

Hired on August 10th. He left the company on August 11th...

James Blunt as Chief Blunt Officer on Tinder

"Here at Tinder we are always thinking of ways to help our community. So when James Blunt was hired as our Chief Blunt Officer we had extremely high hopes. Although James is no longer with the company, we appreciated his input. Sort of."

https://youtu.be/mz4SW0yQ7_8

Post #284038
Posted 31 August 2017 13:27

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

The YouTube video is no longer available but Tinder released the same video today on their Facebook page, also shared by James.

Tinder HQ hired me to help users improve their profiles. Although my career was short lived, the memories were worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/tinder/videos/1384469871622794/
Post #284054
Posted 01 September 2017 22:01

Supreme Being

Now back on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/e7HuSTp_2rA

Post #284077
Posted 02 September 2017 19:44

Supreme Being

James introducing us to Susan... sorry, I mean Jason.

https://www.facebook.com/jamesblunt/photos/a.10150257523845424.487440.16855985423/10159299496560424/?type=3&theater
Post #284081
Posted 05 September 2017 18:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
"You light the spark in my bonfire heart." 🎵🎶🎵
Post #284097
Posted 06 September 2017 16:48

Supreme Being

On the business side of this partnership.

http://www.silentboom.co.uk/tinder-branded-content-love-first-swipe/

Tinder and branded content Ė love at first swipe!
September 6, 2017 by Silent Boom

James Bluntís ability to throw shade on Twitter was put to good use in his appointment as Chief Blunt Officer for Tinder. A promo video was released documenting his first (and last day) in the role, where he makes jovial jabs at various Tinder profiles. Although the message is obfuscated by the mockumentary style video, it was all in aid of promoting James Bluntís new album.

Whereas other social platforms have struggled to monetise their apps, Tinder has proven that sex really does sell, as it continues to evolve its revenue streams. As long as there are millions of singletons using the app, brands and creatives will definitely be eyeing up Tinder as a perfect partner.

Post #284105
Posted 06 September 2017 16:51

Supreme Being

https://globaldatinginsights.com/2017/09/06/james-blunt-critiques-dating-profiles-in-new-tinder-promotional-video

James Blunt Critiques Dating Profiles In New Tinder Promotional Video
September 6, 2017 By Simon Edmunds

Tinder recently teamed up with singer-songwriter and famed Twitter humourist James Blunt for a new promotional video campaign.

Filmed on 10th August, the video opens with the Youíre Beautiful singer in his office at the Hollywood dating appís HQ, where he holds the position of ďChief Blunt OfficerĒ.

Blunt then swipes through a series of profiles on the dating app, offering critiques in-line with his new persona as an MOR funnyman.

The promotional campaign comes after the May release of the former British soldierís fifth studio album, The Afterlove, and before he heads out on his world tour.

Post #284106
Posted 08 September 2017 00:16

Supreme Being

This piece contains almost a full transcript of the video advert.

http://elitedaily.com/dating/james-blunt-tinder-profile-tips/2064556/

Post #284125
Posted 08 September 2017 19:39

Supreme Being

Tinder uploaded today on YouTube a series of 7 clips from the video shooting. No 5 and 6 are not in the official video. Here's a playlist to watch them all:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSLonFAXu_Qy9av1MlTsWSvYgZFRPgOLl

Post #284142
Posted 14 January 2018 22:01

Supreme Being

This version includes scenes cut out from the official one.

https://vimeo.com/250526150

Post #285199
Posted 16 January 2018 17:42

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
... That's a really stupid shape for a cloud ....

cracks me up!
Post #285203
Posted 22 January 2018 21:04

Supreme Being

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/creative-review-how-hot-are-ads-for-online-dating

Creative review: How hot are ads for online dating?
3 November 2017

Macgregor: Firstly, itís great that Tinder are self-aware and donít take themselves too seriously. An honest approach gets respect: they just provide an app, all sorts of people use it, in all sorts of ways. They make no wild promises about the end result, yet nor do they completely wash their hands of any responsibility for poor user etiquette either. I do think itís smart to call-out and poke fun at some of their usersí more cringe-worthy behaviours. Is it funny? I love a pun but unfortunately Jamesí bluntness isnít really working for me. Maybe itís the posh British accent thatís bound to make me shudder. Is teasing your user base a good idea? At least it implies that Tinder is for confident people who can take a joke - not for the faint-hearted or the needy.

Dawson: I always thought James Blunt was a bit of a tosser. But the more I see of him, the more I appreciate his self-deprecating sense of humour and the fact that heís up for a bit of nonsense. And as Tinderís Chief Blunt Officer heís happy to give users tips on how to improve their profile. But actually heís just a bit too blunt and he and Tinder soon part ways. Now, whilst I like it, Iím not sure what Iím supposed to think of it. If itís just the fact that James doesnít take himself too seriously and neither does Tinder as a brand, or the people who use it, then itís bang on.

DíAssuncao: Iím a bit torn by this one. Whilst the fiery little Englishman does have some funny one-liners and is a naturally good performer, Iím just not sure that the 79% of millennials on Tinder will even know who he is. As for the idea, itís ok. I feel like weíve seen this sort of set up before. A celebrity comes in, takes over the marketing department or becomes part of the organisation, gets paid a squillion, then is never to be seen or associated with the brand again. Yes, itís a quick win for the brand, but I think where you get real value from these ideas is when you have the money to create a suit of executions e.g.: Reebok did this really well in the early 2000ís with Terry Tate. The ad was cut into shorter pre-rolls, but does it make any stronger? I donít think so. My other worry is that it seems to take a personal swipe at its community members, and I just donít know how well that reflects on the brand. The work James did for Vevo earlier in the year feels very close to this. For me that was a much better execution. He answered questions from people writing in to him asking for love advice, and it worked a treat.

Post #285248
Posted 26 January 2018 11:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
I love this video, he is so funny!

Isn't tinder a site for attention-seeker?
Post #285272
ę Prev Topic | Next Topic Ľ

All times are GMT, Time now is 6:47pm