James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Don't Give Me Those Eyes Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 23 November 2018 23:09
My son is not a doctor.
Post #283194
Posted 29 May 2017 19:57

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
This song is beautiful and to see James at the piano with that gorgeous scenery all around is a treat. And the girl is very pretty and all but I didn't feel any chemistry between them and that is the very important with a song like this. It's a very powerful song and I hoped there would be a powerful video to go with it. She seems too young to have an intense past with him as the song suggests. I can't envision them to have a lot in common either. And there is a lot of posing as if it was a photo shoot? It's still nice to watch though and James looks great as usual.
Post #283277
Posted 31 May 2017 19:49

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
Maybe it about his crush on his 9th grade teacher, the way he remember her !?!

Just being silly. We'll never know ...
Post #283296
Posted 05 June 2017 03:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
Downloadable video on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/218571446

Post #283329
Posted 16 August 2017 19:29

Supreme Being

'Don't Give Me Those Eyes' new on BBC Radio 2's B-List, from August 19th

https://twitter.com/BBCRadio2/status/897860841231568901

Post #283936
Posted 23 August 2017 19:17

Supreme Being

'Don't Give Me Those Eyes' live in Oakland, California (Aug. 2nd). Released on James' YouTube channel on Aug. 21st.

https://youtu.be/fZUYBRAJoVc
Post #283986
Posted 28 September 2017 11:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
NEW Official video out today. Brilliantly done with a twist which gives a whole new take on the song. Who ever the director and producer is I love it. Link on the JB FB page but I'm sure someone more tech savvy than me will share later.
Go have a watch
W
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJZh9NWdXrE
Post #284283
Posted 28 September 2017 13:24

Supreme Being

Better than the last one confusing could do better. Not very orginal. Very much like Justin Timbelake what goes around comes around a cheap version
Post #284284
Posted 28 September 2017 15:26

Supreme Being

Thank you bella1977 - Here's the clickable link: https://youtu.be/yJZh9NWdXrE

And more info about the video here. James finally got to work with a real Victoria's Secret model.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/28/james-blunts-action-packed-new-video-for-dont-give-me-those-eyes-may-destroy-you-6960692/

James Blunt’s action-packed new video for Don’t Give Me Those Eyes may destroy you
Metro UK
Sam Moore, Thursday 28 Sep 2017

Sex, theme parks, car crashes – it’s all here in James Blunt’s latest music video.

Not known for causing too much of a fuss generally, the You’re Beautiful singer’s latest visuals are set to reverse that trend by taking you on a pulse-racing journey that’ll leave you needing a good sit-down afterwards. Seriously, James – what happened to just slowly stripping down to your trousers and gamely jumping into the freezing arctic ocean? Still, we’ll give Blunt props for this latest visual effort, which has been directed by Rad Brooklyn’s Travis Kopach and stars Victoria’s Secret model Kamila Hansen (because of course it does).

Taken from Blunt’s fifth studio album The Afterlove, the video for Don’t Give Me Those Eyes flies right out of the blocks as Blunt sprints up the middle of a deserted city street.

The camera then artfully pans to an underwear-clad Hansen receiving some rather distressing news on the phone – all while blinding strobe lights flash every other second.

If that opening wasn’t enough, the narrative then flits between the past (specifically the rather wholesome friendship between the couple as children) and the present-day, with Blunt and Hansen taking a romantic ride on a rollercoaster in the latter time frame.

This is all before the heart-wrenching finale – there’s more plot twists here than in Game Of Thrones…

Watch the striking new video for James Blunt’s Don’t Give Me Those Eyes below – and don’t say we didn’t warn you about the twist at the very end…

Phew. If you need some light-hearted relief following that piece of high-octane drama, why not swipe right on Blunt’s recent stint in a Tinder advert?

Post #284285
Posted 28 September 2017 16:17

Supreme Being

Posted by RAD Brooklyn on Sept. 25th

https://www.facebook.com/radbrooklyn/posts/1502472029806275

Shot a James Blunt Video on the Coney Island Cyclone with an Alexa... Six back to back rides on a private rollercoaster, the shot before involved a crane... the shot afterwards involved a drone... needless to say, epic.

~~~

Warner Music Germany commented on the new video:

@JamesBlunt music video for "Don't give me those eyes" so mysterious and exciting like a @David_Lynch movie

https://twitter.com/warnermusicde/status/913388334692601856

~~~

Official press release

http://bit.ly/2xz7jYj

James Blunt reveals enigmatic new video for single 'Don't Give Me Those Eyes'
Press Party, September 28, 2017

James will embark on a headline UK tour in November

James Blunt has unveiled a striking new video for his moving single, ‘Don’t Give Me Those Eyes’, which is out now.

Directed by Travis Kopach of Rad Brooklyn, the video stars James and Brazilian Victoria’s Secret model Kamila Hansen. It opens with an aerial shot of the British musician running down a road before cutting to Kamila taking a mysterious phone call and then breaking down in tears.

The video features a mixture of shots of the couple as children and adults – at home together, dancing in a neon drenched nightclub, riding an old school fun fair rollercoaster – before it cuts to an unexpected and shocking twist.

The track is taken from James’ fifth album, ‘The Afterlove’, which was released in March via Atlantic Records.

James will embark on a headline UK tour in November, with tickets available via Ticketmaster. ‘The Afterlove Tour’ is James’ first since the extensive ‘Moon Landing Tour’, which saw him perform more than 140 shows across the world in just one year.

Post #284288
Posted 28 September 2017 17:12

Supreme Being

OOOH!! Love the video, invokes so much emotion. Well done

I really liked the other video too. It did captured that sense of loss. I think those who nit picked that the model looked young, sounded a little bitter, IMHO. Geez ...

I don't know how much truth there is in the new video, but I want to cry for James and I can sympathize with having lost something precious. .... Wait a minute ... it just hit me how great a singer James is, his music is so intimate, it really feels like I know him. Huh! would it be weird or heart warming to be treated by strangers as if you're one of their own? hmmm ...

EDA: nudity? violence? What a click bait . Complete genius

edited: because word gremlins follows me everywhere. They eat up my words, steal my commas and mess with my spelling.

Post #284291
Posted 28 September 2017 20:39
Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 November 2018 17:37
Loved your edited bit, InnerSense. Word gremlins - genius! I've always wondered who or what was messing about with the letters I've typed and spoiling comments just before I get to post them.
Post #284296
Posted 29 September 2017 18:36

Supreme Being

Happy to be of service A Friend.

Post #284310
Posted 29 September 2017 19:25

Supreme Being

Today I want to apologize twice to James.

1. I've been silly and facetious in some of my posting for this song. Clearly the song is about something painful to James. I am sincerely sorry. Not an excuse, but a character flaw that I have to work on; that I tend to joke about painful things. The ideas expressed in the song comes through clearly, and I should be more sensitive.

2. I'm going to be presumptuous here, James, even though you seem an intelligent and sensible man, who will or have made peace with this. When someone comes into our lives and affect us deeply. It is as if they shine a light into the deepest parts of ourselves. We are shown what we love about ourselves, what we hate about ourselves, what makes us happy, what we need. And though the person is gone, the knowledge revealed to us can still be used as guide to grow, to find happiness. We now know the specific ingredients we need to do that.

edit: Urgh!! I'm embarrassed, talk about over the top emotional reaction to music video! Sorry ... eesh.
Post #284311
Posted 30 September 2017 16:59

Supreme Being

In his latest newsletter dated Sept. 29th, James says:

I’ve made one final video for The Afterlove album! It’s for the song “Don't Give Me Those Eyes” –
and you can watch it now. It’s pretty distressing, but so is the song.

I wonder why he did a second video for this song. I thought the one filmed in Sydney was the official.

Post #284316
Posted 01 October 2017 08:00

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
[quote]jbfan132 (30/09/2017)
In his latest newsletter dated Sept. 29th, James says:

I’ve made one final video for The Afterlove album! It’s for the song “Don't Give Me Those Eyes” –
and you can watch it now. It’s pretty distressing, but so is the song.

I wonder why he did a second video for this song. I thought the one filmed in Sydney was the official.

Same here, the first video is beautiful. The new one really shows the emotional pain.
I was shocked, when I‘ve seen the video. I guess it touched me and that means maybe, that
the whole team did a great job. It can reach people.
Post #284322
Posted 02 October 2017 00:14

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
Gonna be honest - I think the first video hewed a lot more closely to the sentiments of the song. This one feels more like a retread of the "If Time Is All I Have" video, which I actually found more disturbing - and still do, having just watched the two again.

This second video comes very close to implying, lyrics notwithstanding, that it's about a couple who've been together since childhood, even as a family. Neither of the adults are seen with another partner. The "adult woman" holds an infant and, apparently a few years later, a tiny voice cries out "Daddy!" just after the climax of the video.

Of course, the shock ending may also be interpreted as a philanderer getting his just desserts - except for that tiny voice at the end.

Post #284324
Posted 02 October 2017 14:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
hey! the day the video was released, I was leaving the hospital, I tried to see it, but still a little weak, the amount of lights did not allow me to finish it, my head began to hurt again so, I'm don't have very clear the details, and I must admit that it is very entertaining to discover the hidden messages in the James videos, but this time I couldn't understand them.

I am, a few days ago, just coming back to the social media with a little annoyance, so I'll give it a quick look again, to see if I agree with some of the comments.

It's good to see several of you commenting again
Post #284326
Posted 02 October 2017 18:03

Supreme Being

@roarrig Sorry to hear that you've been hospitalized. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I've read a couple tweets from people saying they ended up with headaches after watching the video. Apparently, the flashing lights throughout the video can trigger symptoms if someone has photosensitive epilepsy. I know nothing about this medical issue.

Post #284327
Posted 02 October 2017 21:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
I'm much better @Jbfan132, thanks for your concern I think that finally so many worries took their toll and my back and head started to hurt, as I'm not very expressive in my worries, I think they exploded somehow and the doctors thought it was something worse, fortunately today it hurts less.

But yes, I am very sensitive to the lights (probably for working in computer for so many years) and the lights in the video are very fast, I find it difficult to watch it.
Post #284329
Posted 04 October 2017 16:34

Supreme Being

I think the new video has more emotional impact, and hopefully, better at pushing the song along. I certainly reacted to it . To me, it tells a story of a relationship, with its symbolic highs and lows ending in tragedy.

I wonder if the director knows of James' other music videos. I wonder if it was an intentional reference in order to provoke a reaction, to invite more chatter and interest to the song.

I would imagine every director has an artistic vision, so I wonder at the symbolism behind the flashing lights.

And finally, I think I can safely say, we fans don't want to see James kill himself off again. Don't do it.
Post #284340
Posted 21 October 2017 02:05

Supreme Being

Director's cut and behind-the-scenes photos from RAD Brooklyn

http://radbrooklyn.com/newsletter/directors.html

Director's cut / Atlantic Records UK
Director: Travis Kopach
DP: Gregory Wilson
Producer: Ronald Jean-Jacques
Production/Post/Set builds/location: RAD Brooklyn

Post #284485
Posted 10 November 2017 17:21

Supreme Being

I noticed the 1st official video had been taken off youtube, some fans prefer it and are missing it. Why not leave it on for them? I like both. The first is heartbreaking but sounds beautiful and I can play it on loop. The second, with its additional sound track, look and sound much much more distressing, and even I can't play it too many times.
Post #284706
Posted 03 January 2018 00:44

Supreme Being

I hadn't noticed the first official video was removed from James' YouTube channel. It's intriguing why. Still available to watch on Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/218571446

Actually, the 1st video is still available on YouTube but is not indexed. I would think it's to enable more visibility for the 2nd video for a while.

https://youtu.be/L90Oy7etEOc

Post #285115
Posted 05 January 2018 02:22

Supreme Being

Two brief articles commenting the 2nd video made by RAD Brooklyn.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Watch-James-Blunts-new-video-for-Dont-Give-Me-Those-Eyes-is-pretty-damned-depressing/397673.htm

September 28, 2017

Watch: James Blunt's new video for 'Don't Give Me Those Eyes' is pretty damned depressing

Warning: if you're feeling emotionally fragile and/or hungover today, probably best not to watch James Blunt's latest video.

The unofficial King of Twitter has unveiled the latest track from his album 'The Afterlove', and the accompanying promo is a bit of a rollercoaster ride in more than one sense.

Not only does it have an actual rollercoaster in it (badum tsssh), but it follows the love story of a man (Blunt) and woman (Victoria's Secret model Kamila Hansen) (of course), from the time they were kids until the shocking last frame.

Dammit, Blunt - why do you love songs always end in tragedy?

~~~

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/28/james-blunts-action-packed-new-video-for-dont-give-me-those-eyes-may-destroy-you-6960692/

Metro UK
by Sam Moore, 28 September 2017

James Blunt’s action-packed new video for Don’t Give Me Those Eyes may destroy you

Sex, theme parks, car crashes – it’s all here in James Blunt’s latest music video.

Not known for causing too much of a fuss generally, the You’re Beautiful singer’s latest visuals are set to reverse that trend by taking you on a pulse-racing journey that’ll leave you needing a good sit-down afterwards. Seriously, James – what happened to just slowly stripping down to your trousers and gamely jumping into the freezing arctic ocean? Still, we’ll give Blunt props for this latest visual effort, which has been directed by Rad Brooklyn’s Travis Kopach and stars Victoria’s Secret model Kamila Hansen (because of course it does).

Taken from Blunt’s fifth studio album The Afterlove, the video for Don’t Give Me Those Eyes flies right out of the blocks as Blunt sprints up the middle of a deserted city street. The camera then artfully pans to an underwear-clad Hansen receiving some rather distressing news on the phone – all while blinding strobe lights flash every other second. If that opening wasn’t enough, the narrative then flits between the past (specifically the rather wholesome friendship between the couple as children) and the present-day, with Blunt and Hansen taking a romantic ride on a rollercoaster in the latter time frame. This is all before the heart-wrenching finale – there’s more plot twists here than in Game Of Thrones… Watch the striking new video for James Blunt’s Don’t Give Me Those Eyes below – and don’t say we didn’t warn you about the twist at the very end…

Phew. If you need some light-hearted relief following that piece of high-octane drama, why not swipe right on Blunt’s recent stint in a Tinder advert?

Post #285125
Posted 05 January 2018 21:34

Supreme Being

Once again I feel like the director missed the mark
The cast was wrong which makes the whole price feel like a man on homons wanting to cast a pretty girl. Instead of staying to the truth of a story. Only film makers would pick that up. He should of got a real actress there's a reason why they are models not actors. Out of 10 compared to other superstars music videos 4 only because he tryed.
Post #285140
Posted 05 January 2018 21:53

Supreme Being

I will share with you what a Oscar winning editor advise he gave me its about story and performance you got the story right but missed the rightmark on performance. Hope this helps for your next one.
Post #285141
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:55am