James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Don't Give Me Those Eyes Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
'Don't Give Me Those Eyes' will be the next single and James ended his week in Australia by shooting a video in Sydney.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/james-blunt-books-aussie-beachside-mansion-and-model-for-dont-give-me-those-eyes-video/news-story/1cf8eaae9fed751dec4e527b6467339a

James Blunt books Aussie beachside mansion and model for Don’t Give Me Those Eyes video

April 28, 2017

IT was tough for James Blunt to keep his sad face on while shooting the video for his single Don’t Give Me Those Eyes on Sydney’s northern beaches on Friday.

The sparkling ocean and surfers enjoying the mid morning swell competed with the beauty of his clip co-star, local model Georgia McGlennon, as Blunt sang his latest lovelorn ballad.

It was the last duty of his week-long promotional visit to launch The Afterlove album which kicked off with the scene-stealing performance of the song at the Logies.

The You’re Beautiful singer joked he didn’t have to look broken-hearted for all scenes shot in a beautiful home overlooking Warriewood beach.

“Some of this video isn’t just pensive. Not only is (Georgia) a very pretty girl obviously but the whole idea is we are incredibly attracted to each other and trying to resist jumping on each other. In the video,” he said.

Don’t Give Me Those Eyes jumped into the top 5 in Australia after the Logies performance, signalling not only his enduring popularity here but the comeback of the piano power ballad.

Blunt agreed the raw emotion of the song written from a past romantic experience — he is happily married to Sofia Wellesley — had struck a chord with fans.

“I think it’s because you can hear the emotion it in really; it’s not wallpaper, it’s the painting,” he said.

“And lots of people can relate to that thing of being incredibly close to someone but realising it just can’t be.

“Fortunately I have lots of things to draw on from my past. That’s why I wrote it because now I am at a very different place in my life and that’s why the song is drawing a line under the past.

“Everyone in their life wonders what would have been if you had taken a different past.”

Apart from a few big nights with Australian friends, the former X Factor judge said he had spent much of his visit gleefully retweeting backhanded compliments from people surprised to find they liked his new record.

The target of relentless cyberhate in recent years from people not into his kind of music, the English superstar has won the social media war with outrageously funny ripostes and self-deprecating replies.

He agreed many of those people would now give his songs a second listen because of his crushing comebacks.

“I’m unused to going online and seeing quite so many positives outweighing negatives. That’s been a nice thing to see,” he said.

“All I’ve been doing in the last couple of days is retweeting people who say ‘I’m embarrassed to admit it ...’.

“I don’t think anything should be a guilty pleasure. You should be proud of what you like rather than be defined by what other people don’t like.”

Blunt joins his best mate Ed Sheeran on his American tour in June before headlining his own run through Europe and the UK. He jokes those shows will be dress rehearsals for his return to Australia in early 2018.

“All of that is practice for when I do get to Australia, those are the real gigs,” he said.

“I’m using Sheeran and Europe merely as my puppets I can practise on to work up to the important Aussies.”

Post #282992
Posted 02 May 2017 06:16

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 23 November 2018 23:09
I just had this weird thought your beautful and dont give me these eyes were both in relationships. Hope hes isnt a home wrecker you know what they say what goes around comes around. Long periods apart small family and he sings his pain anout someone he couldnt have or a women that wouldnt leave her husband your wife is a saint. Dont like it personally but hay the confussion you made her feel she will have to live with all her life that she choose her husband which was promble the best thing she could have ever done.
Post #283055
Posted 02 May 2017 06:54

Supreme Being

Dont have to deal with any of that Bull my marriage desolved 5 years ago. So I can be quite pickie married men are out of bounds.
Post #283056
Posted 02 May 2017 17:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
This seem to be about a relationship in the past. In the song he's saying no to a situation that was wrong for him, and he's expressing the pain of letting go.

Edited: As we've not seen the video, what we say here may not have any relevance to the storyline in the video.
And so, I started an new topic under miscellaneous, copy and pasted what I wrote here earlier. I invite you to share your thoughts there.
Post #283060
Posted 02 May 2017 21:11

Supreme Being

A happy women mever leaves if they can see hope they will try and stick out unless they are traped. Getting involved in someones marrage always someone is going to get hurt, its easyer to get marryed then devoiced. Marrarge is more than the dress the party and the ring its beingfaith throw the good times and bad committing your love to one person and theres a sure bet that if she did it to her husband what makes you so different that she wouldnt do it to you.

Post #283061
Posted 02 May 2017 21:29

Supreme Being

Women that go with married men are called sarclets and men are called home wreckers.
Post #283062
Posted 03 May 2017 12:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
Can't wait to see this
Post #283065
Posted 17 May 2017 15:25

Supreme Being

Just released via Australia! What a gorgeous girl in this video! Life is tough, James, isn't it?

James Blunt - Don't Give Me Those Eyes [Official Video]

https://youtu.be/L90Oy7etEOc
Post #283164
Posted 17 May 2017 15:31

Supreme Being

Great article & pictures. I think there's a little hint for you, Australian and New Zealander fans. You should probably keep your eyes peeled on the Ed Sheeran Australian tour too.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/first-look-at-james-blunts-music-video-shot-in-sydney-that-joins-an-array-of-artists/news-story/bea224afb2d88b99e7b88e25b6f80fe8

First look at James Blunt’s music video shot in Sydney

News.com.au
May 17, 2017

TWITTER court jester and pop superstar James Blunt is back to brooding in the music video for his latest single Don’t Give Me Those Eyes.

Between scenes for the shoot at a Sydney mansion above Warriewood beach on his recent Australian visit, Blunt joked his view was more pleasurable to contemplate than his guilt-ridden lyrics.

He did crack a smile in one scene opposite his video love interest, local model Georgia McGlennon.

“Some of this video isn’t just pensive,” he insisted.

“Not only is (Georgia) a very pretty girl obviously, but the whole idea is we are incredibly attracted to each other and trying to resist jumping on each other. In the video,” he added.

Blunt is happily married to Sofia Wellesley, the mother of his young son whose name they have kept private.

He said the song was drawn from past experience of an ill-fated relationship.

"Everyone in their life wonders what would have been if you had taken a different path," he said.

James Blunt shot his new music video on Sydney's northern beaches

https://youtu.be/L90Oy7etEOc

When Blunt premiered the song live at the Logies last month, it rocketed up the download charts and signalled the power of a heartfelt piano ballad to restore an artist’s chart fortunes.

It was a significant moment for the English superstar who won millions of hearts globally with his stalker anthem mistaken for a love song You’re Beautiful.

“I don’t think you succeed by saying ‘Now piano ballads are coming back in, I’ll do that’,” he said.

“Out of the 100 songs I wrote for the album, this one really seems to jump out at people.

“It’s tricky because I think we all think so hard about these things in the music industry, about trends when fans don’t think about them at all.”

Blunt had a field day during his Australian visit when he spent almost an entire day retweeting “fans” who commented that while they didn’t like his music, they did enjoy his latest album The Afterlove.

Perhaps some of them will buy tickets when he tours here next year, whether it be his own shows or perhaps opening for his best mate Ed Sheeran on his stadium tour in March.

Blunt joins Sheeran on his American tour which kicks off in June.

“It depends on when you invite me. Those conversations have begun. We haven’t announced any dates after the new year and I’m booked up until then so I would say early 2018 would make sense,” he said.

“For me, I can’t wait. I’m going on tour around the States with Mr Sheeran, which certainly is not work, and then doing Europe and the UK. And all of that is practice for when I do get to Australia, those are the real gigs. I’m using Sheeran and Europe merely as my puppets I can practise on to work up to the important Aussies.

“It will be great fun to be on tour together, we’re great mates, so it will be ridiculous.”

Post #283165
Posted 17 May 2017 17:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 15:09
I just saw the video!! incredible landscapes, model, and James looks very handsome, I love the song and although aesthetically camera shots are very beautiful, I didn't find much creativity in the video, it's like the remake of Goodbye My Lover. Sorry, I really like this album, but maybe I was expecting a better story told through the images
Post #283166
Posted 17 May 2017 20:05

Supreme Being

It reminded me of Goodbye My Lover too. I thought the video was very good at portraying the attraction between two people, and without physical contact, even though the song suggest something sordid (or is that's my mind wandering off?). It's funny because a video like this makes me wonder whether the attraction is physical or not. hmmm ..

Post #283168
Posted 17 May 2017 20:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 15:09
well... I never saw it that way, especially since the moment he says "Staring at you naked" I assumed it was something physical, but now not sure really
Post #283169
Posted 18 May 2017 01:30

Supreme Being

Exclusive behind-the-scenes filmed by Sunrise, Australian breakfast TV show.

On set for James Blunt's new video clip
Sunrise 17/05/2017

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/35547739/on-set-for-jame-blunts-new-video-clip/?cmp=st#page1

Also here:
https://www.facebook.com/Sunrise/videos/10154483904205887
Post #283170
Posted 18 May 2017 03:53

Supreme Being

The castings off the women in this video does not look like she is married she looks like shes just fininsh uni. I bet the director was a man.
Post #283171
Posted 18 May 2017 04:01

Supreme Being

Did he even listern to the song I know its temping to cast hot as telent but you have to be truthfull to the story in this case the song. Maybe James should let someone eles cast lol.
Post #283172
Posted 18 May 2017 16:07

Supreme Being

More info about the crew who made the video with James.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUOUlwylmQi

Director: Andrew Flakelar flakelardirector.com
Cast: Georgia McGlennon @georgiamcglennon
Producer: David Wild, Starchild Media
DP: Matt Toll @mtcinematography
Steadicam Op: Justin Besser @besservisuals
Editor: @flakelar
Colourist: Matt Fezz @mattfezz
Stylist: Anne Stringer @styliststringy
Hair & Make Up: Kate Lee

Post #283173
Posted 18 May 2017 16:11

Supreme Being

Obviously, the strategy was to release the new video through the mouth of the Australian media.

Ten News report

https://www.facebook.com/tennews/videos/1493640844039551/
Post #283174
Posted 18 May 2017 18:10

Supreme Being

roarrig (17/05/2017)
well... I never saw it that way, especially since the moment he says "Staring at you naked" I assumed it was something physical, but now not sure really

My apologies, i tried not to be long winded but ended up sounding disjointed.

Like you, I assume there were physical elements to the relationship that inspired the song. We don't know the nature or circumstance of that relationship. What makes one sack of skin and bones more desirable than another? But even if we did, I don't feel right to judge or to comment. As I've made mistakes and live each minute of everyday bearing those consequences. No one has ever even offered a helping hand when times were bad. So I feel strongly about where people can shove their unsolicited advice.

I used the word sordid, but really, that's my preference. If I were to ever have an affair, I'd want it to be sordid, nasty, dirty, toe curling eroticism. Short of that, it wouldn't be worth it, as I have too many reasons not to. :smirk:/

But about the video. I really like these types of films where there is no contact but an attraction is strongly inferred. It's tastefully done and conveys the feelings in the story of the song. I suspect it was done that way because James is being respectful to his wife, but is telling a story from the past.

I guess what bothered me about the video, is that the physical attraction is clearly portrayed but not much else. I like the scene where they're reading together. I would like other similar scenes to better explain the attraction.

Because the song is about being unable to stop loving someone with whom there is no future, not knowing how to protect ones own heart, and knowing one want and deserve something better. For me, the crux of the song is in the line "I want to believe in a thing called love."
Post #283177
Posted 18 May 2017 19:14

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
I absolutely love this video!! I think the model has been perfectly cast for this, she is beautiful and her eyes are amazing, you can see such naughtiness in her eyes! Love it, i can really feel the tension between them and it enhances the song for me too
Post #283181
Posted 18 May 2017 20:07

Supreme Being

Its just the film maker in me always looking for the visory truth. A 40 something man having a affair with a married women that looks like shes just walk out of home and away or uni. It could be his daughter that is how miss cast it is. It he was taking about hIs youngerself he should of used a young actor male. They could of knocked this one out of the park. There is no one this women looked like she was married and was having affair more like a new bride that is in love. I think they got the wrong song time of our lives. JUST SAYING.
Post #283182
Posted 18 May 2017 20:16

Supreme Being

I am being honest im trying to be mean. Love me better same thing. Bartending yea that has been the nest one so far.
Post #283183
Posted 18 May 2017 20:19

Supreme Being

Married women that is having proms in her marrage late 30s early 40s onwards not 20 to 28 ish come on. Listern to the lyrics watch the video I would ask for my freaken money back.
Post #283184
Posted 18 May 2017 20:29

Supreme Being

It would be hard to cast someone with james. What I would of done is used a younger male actor and a older women. If you watch maroon five video she will be loved that idea works with the right song. This song would be perfect for it.
Post #283185
Posted 18 May 2017 20:35

Supreme Being

Thats a lazy director.
Post #283186
Posted 18 May 2017 21:22

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:36
Maybe it just needs a bit ore imagination on your part... When James says married, he might just mean young...? Or maybe he did mean married, but the middle-aged cast just wasn't fun to watch? Either way, she looks like a good enough reason to take risks to me - which I guess is the crux of the song.
Post #283188
Posted 18 May 2017 22:10

Supreme Being

That makes no sence Billy you are either married or your not. Young men having crushes on older women is not uncommon but very taboo like this song. And if thats what you in to you should till your wife to get a school uniform.
Post #283189
Posted 18 May 2017 22:16

Supreme Being

Theres this alsum movie I watched called Read it deals with this subject it was quite hard to watch because I have sons and if a older women or one of my freinds hit on my sons I would have punshed them through the roof. Its diferent know they are adults and can do what they want. KATE WISLER acted in it Read.
Post #283190
Posted 18 May 2017 22:34
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 November 2018 17:39
I like this sentimental song and the video clip too, beautiful scenery, pretty actors.

But I don't think he made own experiences of such a secret love affair in his life and the lyrics are only based on phantasy.
Post #283191
Posted 18 May 2017 22:49
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 November 2018 17:39
Post #283192
Posted 18 May 2017 23:03

Supreme Being

Wouldnt mined catch Edd in New Zealand hes off to Dirty Dunnies that will be a exsperince my son went to uni there if I was young again I would have went there not to be a doctor but for the partys. Went to a edd sheared concert last year I was sober but had a blast sung my lungs out. Plus we have a better rugby team and if I recall we also hold the cup for league. They need all the support they can
Post #283193
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:54am