James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Bartender Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
'Bartender' is the 2nd track on the album 'The Afterlove', to be released on 24th March 2017.
Post #281850
Posted 10 March 2017 09:50

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
I love it! if we keep on drinking...
Post #281861
Posted 10 March 2017 13:51

Supreme Being

New single released today along with the official video!

My new song, Bartender! Get this song (and 3 more!) immediately if you pre-order 'The Afterlove' today.
http://atlanti.cr/theafterlove-itunes

Official video
https://youtu.be/QAyjgG0-Deg

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/track/1tDz9F8dcTlZcaUgrg4o2H

Deezer
http://www.deezer.com/track/143799276

Post #281864
Posted 10 March 2017 15:31

Supreme Being

Press release

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/Mcpr/view/164924/

JAMES BLUNT RELEASES HIS GREAT NEW SINGLE ‘BARTENDER’

‘BARTENDER’ IS TAKEN FROM JAMES’ FORTHCOMING ALBUM ‘THE AFTERLOVE’ – RELEASED THROUGH ATLANTIC RECORDS ON MARCH 24TH

James Blunt has released his brand new single ‘Bartender’, which is taken from his forthcoming album ‘The Afterlove’, out on March 24th. The anthemic and hugely captivating new single is available to download now for fans who pre-order James’ new album. 

Shot in a New York bar, the video features James taking on the role of bartender, a role he seemed to fall into easily - possibly due to the many hours he has spent doing research in bars around the world, including the one in his own private nightclub. 

James will release his fifth studio album, ‘The Afterlove’ on March 24th through Atlantic Records. The new album is the follow-up to ‘Moon Landing’, which reached platinum status in the UK and spent 33 weeks in the UK Top 40 after it was released in 2013.

James worked with a wide range of talent when writing and recording ‘The Afterlove’ including Ed Sheeran, Ryan Tedder, Amy Wadge (Ed Sheeran, Shannon Saunders), Johnny McDaid (Example, Biffy Clyro), Stephan Moccio (Miley Cyrus, The Weeknd) and MoZella (Miley Cyrus, One Direction).

James Blunt will also be embarking on a UK headline tour, The Afterlove Tour, which includes a date at London’s Eventim Apollo. This is the first tour for James following his extensive Moon Landing Tour, which saw him perform over 140 shows across the world over the course of twelve months.
Post #281865
Posted 10 March 2017 16:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
I feel really good about this one being a hit. It's a feel good, fun song. I'm drunken in love with this song

"bartender can you pour some loooove ..."

"we talk about a future we don't want to reminisce .."

The video is good and tells a story, but I personally don't like it. Only because, maybe, I've not had a completely wholesome past. Being a mother, that sort of behaviour terrifies me! I don't like a culture glorifying getting wasted and loosing all mental faculties. Trying to teach my daughter how to have fun without getting wasted. I'm being hypocritical, but on this one I can forgive myself .. uh huh.
Post #281868
Posted 10 March 2017 18:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2018 12:07
Woohoo!!! Bartender!! Yesssss!!! Love this!!! Definitely make my top ten Charts!!!!! . I was beginning to wonder what I'd done booking numerous concerts , but now thanks to this song I know why I booked them!!
Post #281871
Posted 10 March 2017 20:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 21:16
Aaaah, this is more me..................drinking.... Fill it up!!!!!!

Totally agree TK, thank god we know why now!
Post #281875
Posted 11 March 2017 04:43

Supreme Being

Edited 25/04/2017 - Lyrics are now as they appear in the CD booklet.

Bartender

It's a little after midnight there's a couple in the corner,
And I wonder what he said because she's crying.
And I guess they won't remember when they wake up in the morning,
With a headache from the whiskey and the wine.
I know that I have said things I regret when I'm sober,
'Cause we always hurt the ones we love the most.
I messed up and I know it, if I hurt you, girl, I'm sorry,
But it's good to see the girl I used to know.

We can dance, but I can't dance.
Maybe we could stick to holding hands?
Or should we raise a glass, and forget the past?

If we keep on drinking we're gonna fall back in love,
So fill it up, fill it up.
We must not be thinking 'cause we can't get enough.
Bartender, can you pour some love?

We can't talk about a future, we don't want to reminisce,
Because we both know it was me who got it wrong,
But fuck it's good to see you, you look awesome and I miss you,
Baby, listen aren't they playing our song?

We could dance, but I can't dance.
Maybe we could stick to holding hands?
And let's raise a glass, and forget the past.

We must not be thinking 'cause we can't get enough,

And it's closing time.
Back to yours or mine?
After all this time,
You still blow my mind.
And it's closing time.
Back to yours or mine?
After all this time.
After all this time.
We must not be thinking 'cause we can't get enough.

Post #281881
Posted 11 March 2017 06:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
I love this one! So catchy and fun and infectious. I liked it immediately. And I like the video too but not because of the alcohol or whatever. It's because James is loosened up and doesn't look uptight and guarded. And more relaxed with PDA which is really good to see. Maybe he had a few before they shot the video Love the line...we can dance, but I can't dance. That's a good one but I would bet he can dance if he would relax. The brunette overreacted when James was dancing with the blonde. A bit of a drama queen I would say. But I like the song and the video!

Oh and he's saying... Bartender, can you pour some love?
Post #281884
Posted 13 March 2017 12:38

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 December 2018 13:38
I loved this song straight away as well.
Sounds infectious....like a number one radio hit for sure.

Not so keen on the video. That bar scene is getting old. I know, I know...."Bartender". Blah blah blah
LOL

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #281910
Posted 13 March 2017 13:23

Supreme Being

The tune stuck in my head on the first listening. The video is too similar to 'Love Me Better', taking place also in a bar/nightclub.

Post #281911
Posted 13 March 2017 18:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 March 2017 16:51
I love this and especially the video. I don't think I have ever seen James looking so relaxed and happy ! I had a glimpse of the real him which for some reason I felt I knew all along . is it the way he looks at the camera that makes us feel the connection?Yes I know I sound like one of his stalkers
Post #281917
Posted 13 March 2017 19:54
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 November 2018 17:39
Finally the first song of the new album that I really like from the first to the last chord.
Post #281922
Posted 14 March 2017 00:46

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
lol Trinity...blah blah blah. You're not buying, it huh?

James owns a bar now and he likes to drink and to go bars and nightclubs so this is right up his alley! I think he would make all of his videos in a bar/nightclub if he could!!
Post #281931
Posted 16 March 2017 09:24
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 05 September 2018 10:00
Wow, I can log in again, "...after all this time, after all this time."
I really love this song, a very catchy tune.
First time I heard it on radio Antenne Brandenburg today; the sun is shining and it's seems, nothing can't go wrong. Happy day for all of you.
Post #281969
Posted 19 March 2017 14:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2017 20:57
On the contrary to love me better the second single bartender is played at least once a day on my radio station in Germany.
There's still hope for the new album....
Post #282028
Posted 25 March 2017 08:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
The video is on, at deluxe music, coffee&tv. Right now.
Post #282302
Posted 07 April 2017 19:29

Supreme Being

Bartender (Live unplugged) Le Grand Studio RTL, France

https://youtu.be/bV1dz-9rahk
Post #282727
Posted 24 April 2017 23:51

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 June 2018 00:16
Really enjoying Bartender, it has a fun pace to it and keeps popping into my head every so often. I can just hear crowds joining in with this one

Post #282931
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:40am