James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

2005 Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 14:45
'2005' is the 12th track on the album 'The Afterlove' Extended Version, to be released on 24th March 2017.
Post #281843
Posted 23 March 2017 22:17

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 22:10
I want to give the man a huge hug and tell him how much we love him.
Post #282236
Posted 24 March 2017 10:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 19:03
Never apologize!!!

I'm glad you wrote this song.
Apart from finding a musician whose music is (mostly ) genuine and honest and whose songs I love to listen to in all its different tunes, I also travelled Europe to see you play, seen places I woudn't have gone to otherwise and met wonderful people on the way.

You probably also are the only musician who ever wrote a song about another song.... of yourself.

Thank you! For that song, too.
Post #282257
Posted 24 March 2017 12:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 12 September 2017 09:51
I really like the song - it is quite sad and poignant and has a nice sound to it.

James we do love you and that song.

Thank you for enriching my life in so many ways
Post #282259
Posted 24 March 2017 16:19

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 15:20
I looked in the cd booklet to see who wrote this song but it doesnt say! Must be a typo, I have noticed a couple. Does anyone know who wrote this with James?

Thanks
Post #282272
Posted 25 March 2017 18:33

Supreme Being

Well spotted Becky, they seem to have skipped a line in the credits. I checked the BMI repertoire and it says James Blunt, Steve Mac & Victoria Amy Wadge.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=23776359&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Post #282316
Posted 26 March 2017 08:32
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 May 2017 23:53
My Favourite Song on the whole album. Takes us all on a Journey. From the start to now. James from what I have been told True or not had a 5 album contract. Hope they extend
Post #282332
Posted 26 March 2017 16:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 15:20
Thanks Aline, I knew you would find it!
Post #282339
Posted 26 March 2017 22:14

Supreme Being

Last Login: 12 September 2017 09:51
Yes thanks Aline. I was avidly reading every word printed and noticed that was missing - I like to know to know who has written each song
Post #282347
Posted 29 March 2017 17:41

Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 October 2017 17:01

"2005"

I woke up this morning and realized
All I do is apologize for a song I wrote in 2005
Didn't come with a warning, but fame is unkind
Put me on top of the world, a couple of girls
and then left me behind

Sure, let's take a photograph.
You can show it to your friends and laugh.
I'll tell you what I'm doing now.
But you don't really want to know

I wrote you a love song.
Now it's something that you hate on.
And I'm sad the record's broken.
But I don't think I can write a better love song
Without it I'd be no one.
And now that you've forgotten me
Tell me how to write one better.

I'm not gonna lie, saying I didn't work out.
'Cause I live in a big house, made a few pounds, nice car on the drive.
And I went round the world once or twice.
Saw the sunset and sunrise.
But for big highs, there's a big price
When all you do is criticize

Sure, let's take a photograph
You can show it to your friends and laugh
I'll tell you what I'm doing now
But you don't really wanna know

I wrote you a love song
Now it's something that you hate on
And I'm sad the record's broken
Without it I'd be no one
Tell me how to write one better

I don't think I can write one better

I wrote you a love song
But I don't think I can write one better
Love song
Without it I'd be no one
Just tell me how to write one better

I woke up this morning and realized
All I do is apologize for a song I wrote in 2005

Funny, sad and ironic. I love how, with so few elements, James build a song with so much melody. It's great. ♬ Ahh ... ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬

YB IS pretty awesome. I think it is now ingrained our consciousness. Like Beethoven's 5th, Mozart's Allegro, music that pops into your head in certain situations. YB is going to pop into your head, the moment you realize something more is stirring in your heart. It's so simple, and so pure.

It's just a matter of time before everyone falls victim to cupid's arrow. I wish I could be the fly on the wall when Gallagher's children sing this subconsciously one day.
Post #282430
Posted 31 March 2017 20:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 October 2017 19:44
Wait...what song?
Post #282518
Posted 03 April 2017 17:51

Supreme Being

I think he was referring to "You're Beautiful", the song that people hate on. 2005 was when the song went viral.
Post #282606
Posted 04 April 2017 03:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 October 2017 19:44
I guess I never would have thought that 'You're beautiful' was the song he's referencing in this one. Not just because it was written before 2005, but because I wouldn't ever consider it to be a love song.

This will likely just end up another musical mystery rattling around in the old brain that will never be solved.
Post #282614
Posted 04 April 2017 04:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 August 2017 23:00
As I listen to the instrumentation and backing vocals of 2005 I hear a nod or two to what has always been my favorite song which didn't appear on an album until ATLS.
Post #282616
Posted 04 April 2017 20:22

Supreme Being

Last Login: Today @ 13:25
Hmm, this one has me scratching my head. I knew which song he meant but the whole thing is...I don't know...just different. Not something I would seek out to listen to. Sorry, but it's that annoying honesty thing again. Sounds too much like the comebacks he does on Twitter.
Post #282644
Posted 24 April 2017 17:13

Supreme Being

Prunilla (23/03/2017)
I want to give the man a huge hug and tell him how much we love him.

My thought each time I listen to it.
Post #282927
Posted 25 April 2017 02:10

Supreme Being

Last Login: 28 June 2017 18:54
I love when the vocals tumble, it's really nice to listen to. I'd hoped the song was going to be about the excitement of touring or something! The intro makes me think of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds

Post #282941
Posted 26 April 2017 21:56
Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 October 2017 20:59
The lyrics of this song made me laugh, a warm hearty laughter and I felt really amused.
It is very witty and a bit sarcastic. I love the lyrics but not the tune. In my eyes it is a marriage of two opposed characters. (I think this couple won't reach a climax. Maybe if they would climb up another scale?)
Post #282957
Posted 01 June 2017 23:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 October 2017 13:47
So... I will write a little about what I think, feel and experience with your music now Have not done that yet.

I really love the song 2005. When you sang LOVE it went straight through my two legs! I think of it this way... I read that when you look in the outside world for your Twin you seem to be seperated more. That is where the hate may have come from. I have transmuted so much hate with the Violet flame but it is gone now.

I do not know for sure but I did not really know about you until 2010.

Why is fame so unkind I ask myself that. Maybe it has to do with what I wrote to you before. Have you asked God why that is,maybe you get an answer. I really do not think you would be nobody without that song and the fame James. I can sit here and ponder all the words and feel the music through my body and tell you what I make of it but then what.

Stop appologizing, maybe all the critics will stop too. Have you ever wondered if you project that upon someone what happens? I do. I read it messes with your bodies, like attacks. Still trying to figure that out.

Well I so LOVE this song and I do hope you will write a better Love song one someday. I have heard 'You are beautiful' all around me in the ethers / astral or wherever it comes from for years now, have I wrote you that before? It lots of times annoyes me for it has been there for such a long time that I wish it would stop

I wrote love poems when I was young but never wrote a song so I cannot help you with a new song, and I cannot sing. Leonard Cohens Dance me to the end of love might inspire you. I heard it not so long ago for the first time and I love it. Can you go deep with your feelings in the music? Do that in this song, close your eyes and think of the one your soul loves. Than please let me know when the new song is coming

Post #283304
Posted 02 June 2017 00:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 October 2017 13:47
Oh yeah...

Fame might be unkind, maybe when you ponder the law of cause and effect. You are responsible for what it does to others. And also ambition (greed, honor etc, especially when the gift of singing is from God and you take all the cerdit and fame.) It seems that that damages your Soul and Spirit.
I read that there have been not so many composers on earth that have actually contributed their gifts to the earth or to the people. Make high quality music like Mozart e.g. Maybe when you sing only miserable songs that is where it feels unkind.

I will write some more on your songs in a while, what I think of them. What really stood out for me is that they are so personal (maybe so it can flip to the other side at some point?) that it closes of for a lot of people maybe. Do you know what I mean? I like to identify or dream over lyrics and when they are so personal in detail I cannot do that so well. I like the songs but not to listen over and over again. Frank predicted that I would get over your songs and I guess he might be right.

But I did buy tickets for Amsterdam and will come and listen to you, my mom is coming also.

To be honest I am not sure of all of the above, ha... I do think about these things a lot though.

And why can I not edit my posts?

Boe
Post #283305
Posted 15 September 2017 16:36

Supreme Being

The winner of the remix competition is Senary.

2005 (Senary Remix)

https://youtu.be/7I6rIqNFme0

Follow Senary on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/senarymusic/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/senarymusic
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/senarymusic/
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/senarymusic

Post #284191
Posted 04 October 2017 16:43

Supreme Being

The original is my favourite, some of the remixes are purdy good, but haven't yet listened to all of them.

I love this song. With the success of YB, James faced some harsh charges against his credibility. I love how he answered those charges with this song. You can't listen to this song and not admit how hugely talented he is.
Post #284341
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 3:29pm