James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Can we talk about the current website? Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
This is very hard to say, but...well... This website isn't great.

We've all been hitting the wall on a regular basis with complete crashes of the forum, and sometimes even the main page - I've only managed to get as far as the forum about 25% of the times I've tried since the new main page went up - and it's very frustrating to us long-time boardies.

But it is devastating to the ability to attract new boardies, new *dedicated* fans who want to know more than "the next album's coming out, buy it in advance, and here's a bunch of concerts you can buy tickets for too..." And there's nothing else. I mean, nothing. No photo gallery. No concert history. No videos. Not even a tongue-in-cheek artist biography. This is so far below the standard that we see for even neophyte performers that I'm genuinely concerned. It's all well and good to rely on longterm fans, but artists really do need to keep growing and attracting new fans, too.

I don't blame James and Billy for this - but I hope that they're both trying to use their influence to get things right again.

First off, I'm speechless that what even I can identify as a rather straightforward coding error keeps recurring. This should have been a one-time fix, and whoever has written that code needs to be taken to task. Heck, there are probably people reading this post who are perfectly capable of fixing this error permanently.

Secondly, it's really important to get more content up. I can understand the desire to make a significant change to the style of the website. James has had a ton of new life experiences in the intervening years, and maybe it just doesn't feel right to have a pile of photos of concerts from years ago. But at least some links to the official videos, the official twitter and instagram and facebook pages should be right on the main page. And a biography....yes, it really needs a biography. (I'm sure there are 25 people reading this who could write a 300-word biography of James in a day.) I'd love to see some of the old features as well, but they're not quite as critical.

I really want James to succeed with this new album. I can already tell that he's brought us something fresh and newly considered, that perhaps for once the misery is slightly outweighed by the hope[1]. I think it's likely to attract a lot of new listeners. But in 2017, artist websites are a huge driver of fan development and interest.

So, Billy, James...and whoever else is in the background... what can we do to help rebuild?

Annec xx

[1] James long ago used to describe Back to Bedlam as "miserable with a dash of hope".
Post #281472
Posted 19 February 2017 11:00

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 15 June 2018 10:57
Thanks for posting
Post #281474
Posted 19 February 2017 13:00

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
I totally agree with you annec, this forum has never really done much for me, it died after the last forum and that is mainly down to, yes, i'm sorry i'm still banging on about it, Facebook!!
Why is anything important about James always put on Facebook straight away? Why doesn't it come here first? Ok, we do get it eventually on here but we have to rely on kind considerate fans that give the forum a thought, this is supposed to be the Official forum for James Blunt! I don't feel that at all, i feel this forum is just an afterthought, or maybe an 'AfterLove', see what i did there?

We used to have different sections to go to for posting our pics, video's etc. I know people still post pics and video's but it takes a while to find them as they are all over the place and i don't always have time to sit and browse, whereas it was so easy to find them before as we could go straight there, i don't know about anyone else but i used to have a 'home page' that showed James instagram pics and his twitter messages, not that i'm that interested in that twitter but it was sometimes nice to hear from James himself, i always loved to just click on jamesblunt.com and be taken straight to the home page to see his instagram pics I don't have that home page any more, it takes me a while to get to the forum now, i have to come in through the back door kind of
When i click on the word 'Home' at the top left hand corner on here, it doesn't take me anywhere!
I know things have to change and we have to move on but this forum seems to be going backwards and i don't feel there is any point coming here any more which is a great shame

Every time i come here there are posts that have disappeared, the conversation then doesn't make any sense!

The main reason i come here now is for the caption competition, lol, and if i have time i have a quick look to see if anything is happening but more often than not, there's nothing, i don't mean to knock what jbfan132 does, she does a great job finding things for us and it helps new people learn about the old and new James
I also think there are far too many threads, some about the same thing, people saying the same thing in a different thread i can't keep up with so many threads about the same thing!
There's 'The AfterLove' thread for something and then another 'The AfterLove' thread about something else, a couple of threads for 'Love Me Better'.................aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes i read something on a thread and i want to say something too but sometimes don't have time at that time so i go back later but it takes a while to try and find where i saw where i wanted to post! Then i just can't find it and i give up, i agree with annec that i don't blame anyone for this but something needs to be done to make it more interesting, it needs to attract new people, i care very much too about James music and hope for it to carry on being just as popular as in the past

Aaah, breath out.........and relax......rant over

And now i have just been to see the caption competition as i'm judging it this week and it's disappeared!!!!! The whole thing has disappeared!!!!!! The picture, the captions from people, the whole f***ing thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #281477
Posted 19 February 2017 15:42
Supreme Being

Last Login: 31 December 2018 11:40
Yes, I agree, it has been difficult to get into the forum several times lately and then when you are in posts you saw a couple of days ago have inexplicably vanished - makes me feel I'm going out of my mind!!

I just assumed it was probably because a beautiful, brand new home page and website was being planned to celebrate the new album - I'm still hoping I'm right about that.
Post #281480
Posted 19 February 2017 16:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 January 2019 19:43
Thanks for opening this thread, Anne, and I totally agree with you. I've been wondering many times if the actual forum is an hindrance to a major overhaul of the whole website. If you look at other artists' websites, you will hardly find a forum. Nowadays, everything has to be smartphone friendly and forums like the one here predate the smartphones era. I don't mean the current forum should be closed - it's full of archival stuff that I love - but it's probably a technical obstacle that gets in the way.

Good examples of websites well done for other artists who share a part of the same audience as James:

Ed Sheeran (also signed with Atlantic Records)
http://www.edsheeran.com

OneRepublic (Ryan Tedder)
http://www.onerepublic.com

All what you need can easily be found, but there's no forum. I have a slight preference for OneRepublic's website just because you have a bar menu right at the top with all the icons to lead you exactly where you want to go.

One thing that I would like to see featured on James' website is the main charities that he supports. Ed Sheeran and OneRepublic have both such section on their website.

Ironically, there are members of this forum who won't be able to comment in this thread because they can't reset their passwords, the precious email never made it to their inbox.

And yes, it's a real shame that we can't see the full discography on James' official website.

Last note: Is it necessary to keep the post above from someone far far away in the universe?

Post #281481
Posted 20 February 2017 22:00

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:21
Hi guys,

I feel your frustration about the website crashing several times. Atlantic swapped servers (again), and there were some glitches. I find these things out the same time as you. I have taken it up with them.

The site is not finished yet. James gave Atlantic his new artwork just a few weeks ago, and they then build a new website around it. It'll happen soon. For now, the emphasis is on getting people to see there's a new album, the tour dates, and the forum. But, agreed - it would be good to get the site fully up and running soon...

Billy

Post #281495
Posted 21 February 2017 04:29

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 March 2018 21:17
Thanks for the heads up Billy.

There are still a few of us (believe it or not!!) who are not on Facebook. I only hope I don't miss out on the latest news as a result...
Post #281501
Posted 21 February 2017 06:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Ok, this probably explains it all

angelwithasmile, hurray, a non-facebooker!!
Post #281502
Posted 21 February 2017 15:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 January 2019 17:42
Well, all I can say is that Atlantic better not think about taking down this forum.
It's my home away from home.
Billy, let us know if there's anything we can do to help out.

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #281504
Posted 21 February 2017 18:32

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
So relieved to hear the forum is continuing. Thanks Billy.
Post #281508
Posted 25 February 2017 19:44

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
Well, we're getting there, I see the links to social media are back up now. And I assume that the downtime for the forum last night is related to a background software upgrade/reset, evidenced by features being reactivated (including all our private message notices and password reset emails).

I'm hoping the rest of the rebuild isn't far behind - James is getting lots of very good publicity right now and it's so helpful to be able to really take advantage of the positive perceptions.

Annec xx
Post #281596
Posted 25 February 2017 23:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 February 2017 06:33
Finally after a year I was able to log back in when I received the email reset passwords. I even tried opening a new account but it was never "approved". There was no way to contact anyone about the issues. There really needs to be a way to contact someone if you can't log in.
Post #281601
Posted 26 February 2017 00:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2017 13:20
I was in the same boat as you RoseApril. It was like Fort Knox trying to get back in here. Glad to see we've cracked the code (kind of) and made our way back in though!

Hello everyone by the way *Waves*

RoseApril (25/02/2017)
Finally after a year I was able to log back in when I received the email reset passwords. I even tried opening a new account but it was never "approved". There was no way to contact anyone about the issues. There really needs to be a way to contact someone if you can't log in.
Post #281603
Posted 26 February 2017 15:03

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 15 June 2018 10:57
First

Wow to the new artist on the Venue of James Blunt Webpage as the music is from that old timer Blunt in search of a support act and that is always an adventure for an Artist such as Blunt!!!

The grapevine dabbled that Sir Elton John gave James Blunt his intro. yet today Trinity speaks in text of "I wonder......http://forum.jamesblunt.com/forum/Topic279009-8-1.aspx..........

so tempting to aid and abet however the credit goes to James Blunt and Trinity so should you want a review to brand new music and a phenomenal sheet lyrics just go directly to the forum of your Lombard Street, Town and zip code facts ........http://forum.jamesblunt.com/forum/Topic279009-8-1.aspx

Trinity had her picture here on my google+ the forum she created 'Support Acts'

Second

In every change there was a fact, and on my google+ I drove the traffic to this webpage and as the obvious happened I in the greatest interest of Trinity and her invite to listen to the support act Daniel Ghattas I decided that while this site bit the dust, I dusted off the good ole shelf and wrote.....

The James Blunt webpage is not working at http://www.jamesblunt.com/ as it is giving this message http://forum.jamesblunt.com/404.aspx? and since I know that both Blunt and Trinity would love to know that the big tease for 'Support Acts' gives pause and warm-up at and on the Concert Stage to the Main Act here is that entry from Trinity posted on and for the sight of James Blunt to consider for the Afterlove World Tour; https://www.danielghattas.com/home
I have also included Fun Monkey King Facts from Billy at the ole site;
http://www.monkeykingsfacts.co.uk/
http://www.monkeykingsfacts.co.uk/shop

Media links; http://www.monkeykingsfacts.co.uk/

Third

I loved looking at the Ole Site, reminded me to tell Billy, updates, backup's!!!
Post #281608
Posted 27 February 2017 06:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 February 2017 06:33
Laughs. Well Fentiger, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I was beginning to think I had done something terrible to be banned from the forums.
Post #281614
Posted 21 April 2017 15:59

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 January 2019 19:43
Great to see some improvements to the official website. Keep up the good work, there's more to add.

I'm glad to see that Atlantic Records has finally updated James' twitter handle on their official website. He was no longer DirtyLilBlunt since August 2013! Sometimes, it takes ages to have a tiny detail corrected, even if the man happens to be the King Of Twitter.

Post #282902
Posted 21 April 2017 17:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
NICE ..

I'd like see a short bio for each band member. They seem such a good group of guys, funny and laid back.
Post #282906
Posted 14 August 2017 22:21
Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 August 2017 21:44
I can help with content uploading and UAT testing...especially with the login migration issues.

I can help weekends and evenings as I have other commitments.

My fee is Ed in my kitchen for dinner, I will make Ed, a nice dinner, anything he would like to eat. Like Fearne Cotton, I love to make people happy with nice home cooked meals made with love. x
Post #283926
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:43pm