James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Love Me Better Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 23 November 2018 23:09
The dop director of photophy dose the lighting the director picks the mood and the dop then lights it to the directors like. Im saying the director is not good I just think he missed the mark. I would of liked him push the envoplope. Artisitly.
Post #279300
Posted 06 February 2017 19:37

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Music videos are fun they are quick you dont neccary need to go with the lyics but you have to feel the rythums and tones through the lence which sets the mood. Theres a new style of musci videos where they are telling real interesting short storys. A music video is the extenision of a piano or gurtar strings its not that easy to do. As you can see.
Post #279302
Posted 06 February 2017 20:04

Supreme Being

I did a music video at film school called when you smile. I had no budget only enough for a slice and coffee after the shot. A actor that was a lawyer. I had no crew filmed on a hand herld camera had to get up at 6am to catch the right light. There was only two of us. It took three hours before the light changed and 2 weeks to edit not to good at that. And the only bref I had is that my tutor wanted was that the wanted to feel something. Which was right up my ally Im all about feeling something lol. Cheek it out its on my youtube channel your find my name in my other post. I thought I better put my money where my mouth is. lol.
Post #279303
Posted 06 February 2017 23:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 November 2017 14:37
Love you guys, you look deeper than the rest
Post #279309
Posted 07 February 2017 16:57

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 May 2017 18:45
1: I did not say the video was horrible.

2: I never referred to his wife, I even praised her ( according to what appears in public square).
I commented and analyzed only one of his sentences about the song.
(which seemed relevant to my comment here, since it is about the song ) that I found the biggest lie ever.
I do not know his wife and I do not even want to know.
Far from it. I reaally think she must have the biggest heart to love him.

3: There are certain people here who find it amusing to persecute and insult me.
Show more of what you are than what I am.
There is much evil in your hearts.
But I do not go here to please you. I comment only on what I think, whether I like it or not, as a fan I am a long time ago.
My posts have no lies, no filters. And my post wasn't nasty.
Stop seeing evil or misunderstood everything i write.
Sorry if i'm being ostracized for not being a native speaker.

I'm already sick of your complaints. You seem so imature !

Complaint to Billy ! Billy is the only one who can get me out of here.
With that you may be more rich and happy as human beings. Congratulations!

Billy : If you are reading this, let me know if you want me out of here. As i said, i'm not allowed to send you private messages.
God knows and you why?!

4: There is something very positive about this video: my big yes for curvy and black women.

Post #279319
Posted 07 February 2017 18:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
So you don't like what I wrote. That's how other people feel when you make nasty implications about about them.

Post #279322
Posted 07 February 2017 19:02

Supreme Being

ladyapplebox (06/02/2017)
Music videos are fun they are quick you dont neccary need to go with the lyics but you have to feel the rythums and tones through the lence which sets the mood. Theres a new style of musci videos where they are telling real interesting short storys. A music video is the extenision of a piano or gurtar strings its not that easy to do. As you can see.

@ladyapplebox, I agree the video isn't edgy. I really like the dancers. I thought they brought out the rhythm of the song very well. Because of their dance I heard parts of the melody I hadn't notice before. I really wish I can see what you have in mind, I'd probably enjoy it. You have a point.

I can't help but feel a bit badly for James, because his other videos have been a bit artsy (wisemen, YB, WIFLA) and people seem to scratch their head. So here's a straight forward video, and still people don't like it.

Likewise, he sang a song about someone beautiful and he's criticized for seeming shallow. Now he has a song that's the opposite of that, about someone whose love healed him; and people saying "pffft ... as if." I just wanna give the poor guy a hug.

Post #279323
Posted 07 February 2017 19:46

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
InnerSense I too felt a bit ashamed at the level of analysis. So harsh
Granja, you have no idea how hurtful your words are; or do you?
One thing in life that tries my patience deeply is people that preach spirituality but don't notice the toxicity of their own core.
Post #279324
Posted 07 February 2017 22:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 May 2017 18:45

" An for an eye leaves the whole world blind "

You two send me rocks ,but i only have roses to offer you !
Post #279331
Posted 08 February 2017 04:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!
Post #279333
Posted 08 February 2017 13:31

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36
At her own suggestion, I've banned Granja for a period of time. As you yourself, say, this place will be more pleasant without you. You can lie to yourself thinking you're a nice person, but if kind people, as well as others less kind to you, think you are rude and unpleasant, then you probably are just rude and unpleasant.
Post #279335
Posted 08 February 2017 17:58

Supreme Being

LOL, danny duncan on youtube really loves this song.
Post #279339
Posted 08 February 2017 20:10
Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 November 2018 17:37
Thank you Billy, I think the ban is deserved. It will be pleasant to be free of the vitriol for a while.
Post #279340
Posted 12 February 2017 21:40

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2018 12:07
Thank you Billy. I had to bite my tongue so many times!!!!
Post #280366
Posted 13 February 2017 13:23

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36
Love Me Better is starting to pick up, getting heavy rotation on radio in Italy, and increasing well in Australia, Germany and France. The UK is proving a struggle, particularly Heart Radio not playing it.
Post #280378
Posted 13 February 2017 14:03

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2017 20:57
unfortunately having not seen it entering the charts, though
Post #280379
Posted 13 February 2017 17:56

Supreme Being

It sounds exactly like the sort of music kids listen to today. Just need to be heard by the right audience.
Post #280389
Posted 14 February 2017 16:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 20:43
Official video on Vimeo (downloadable):
https://vimeo.com/202369459

~~~

http://www.promonews.tv/videos/2017/02/08/james-blunt-love-me-better-vaughan-arnell

James Blunt 'Love Me Better' by Vaughan Arnell

One look at his Twitter feed will tell you that despite your feelings for James Blunt, the man is incredibly self-aware. And self-deprecating to a tee. A recent Blunt line went: ""You thought 2016 was bad? I'm releasing a new album in 2017."

With that as a driving force, Vaughan Arnell reunites with Blunt to provide the ideal vehicle for the album's first single Love Me Better, blending hyper-colourful pop slickness and tongue-in-cheek humour in the kind a location the singer knows only too well - a neon-drenched nightclub.

And tonight, Blunt happens to be the least popular patron in the club - but coming to terms with his fate. Imagine if Nicolas Winding-Refn's Only God Forgives was actually about a 42-year-old man who can't keep up with nightclub culture despite his best intentions and you're most of the way there.

Credits
Director: Vaughan Arnell
Producer: Sue Caldwell
Production Company: Moxie Pictures
Executive Producer: Dawn Laren
Production Manager: Hattie Masterson
1st Ad: Ben Gill
Director of Photography: Will Bex
Focus Puller: Jessie Brough
2nd Ac: Will Gardner
Gaffer: Onkar Narang
Art Director: Debbie Moles
Wardrobe: Jonni Fitzgerald
Wardrobe: Lee Holden
Hair & Make-Up: Michelle Bayliss
Hair: Oliver Woods
Editor: Claire McGonigal
Editing Company: Final Cut
Colourist: Dave Ludlum
Grading Company: The Mill
Post Production Company: The Mill
Post Producer: David Keegan
VFX: Barnsley
Cast: James Blunt
Director's Representation: Marisa Garner @ Marisa Garner Associates
Commissioner: Dan Curwin
Label: Atlantic Records

Post #280421
Posted 14 February 2017 17:24

Supreme Being

I like to read some info from the video makers.

http://www.themill.com/portfolio/3432/love-me-better

Working with Director Vaughan Arnell out of Moxie Pictures, The Mill helped to create this new promo for James Blunt’s latest track, ‘Love Me Better’.

Viewers follow Blunt as he spends an evening in a nightclub, brimming with people dancing and enjoying themselves. Rather than joining in the fun, Blunt remains separate from the other party-goers.

It is clear from the start that Blunt is portrayed as the ‘outcast’ of this scene, with other characters holding questioning stares in his direction and clever shots that show his isolation. Even though he is surrounded by a busy sea of people, the camera moves slowly around him, bringing him into focus as he sings.

With a distinctive grade that nods towards a disco aesthetic mixed with a slight under-ground feel, the visuals create an atmospheric setting and cleverly mirror Blunt’s pride and defiance of being different among others.

Talking of the project, Colourist Oisin O’Driscoll comments:

"Bright colourful neon lights throughout the shots drove me to a contrasting saturated disco feel. Using shapes to isolate characters and create depth on the people dancing in the background, I managed to create a really punchy feel. I shifted most frames to a cooler mid-tone to compliment the strong coloured highlights and to give a science fiction feel to some."

Post #280429
Posted 19 February 2017 04:58

Supreme Being

Love Me Better video 'Behind The Camera'

https://youtu.be/0geB7shSdEM

Post #281470
Posted 19 February 2017 12:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 December 2018 12:57
Thankyou for this video jbfan, i now know where the video was filmed, Watford, one of my old haunts many years ago, i used to go clubbing in Watford but not at Pryzm obviously, looks nice though
Post #281475
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:13pm