James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

1234»»»

Love Me Better Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
As announced by James via his Facebook page, 'Love Me Better' will be the 1st single to be released on Friday, January 27th. Just a few notes can be heard:

https://www.facebook.com/jamesblunt/videos/10158152530660424/

Post #278998
Posted 26 January 2017 14:42

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Tomorrow, James will be on the morning radio show "Le Double Expresso" on RTL2 (France) for the release of his new single.

https://www.facebook.com/LDERTL2/photos/a.134953019853162.24313.134761569872307/1554086804606436/?type=3&theater

The song will be played all day throughout France via Cherie FM radio network.

https://www.facebook.com/cheriefmradio/photos/a.432909430594.374217.432576485594/10158249605035595/?type=3&theater

Post #279010
Posted 26 January 2017 15:44

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
yay !!

The foreplay is cute and all, but all that talking about a 12" is just distracting. I can't hear the good stuff .. just one more day to go ....
Post #279012
Posted 26 January 2017 15:56

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 July 2018 17:08
Thanks! I'm now wondering which station I should listen to first... . Think I might be getting up earlier than usual tomorrow morning.

I've read no mention of being able to buy the song tomorrow, I reckon we're going to have to wait until the whole album is out
Post #279013
Posted 26 January 2017 19:06

Supreme Being

You can already find lyrics for the song all over the internet I'm torn between feeling annoyed and unimpressed with people sharing stuff before it's even out, and doubtful the lyrics are even what they say they are. Blah.
Post #279025
Posted 27 January 2017 01:27

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
I understand what you say, Prunilla, but I'll put on my "real world" hat for a minute.

The fact that the lyrics are out there and so is the music itself (and possibly even the "official" video, though I've not spotted it yet)....means that people are interested enough in James's music to bother writing up the lyrics and finding a way to post the music. Yeah, they're probably industry insiders of some stripe or other (even if it's just the receptionist at the radio station)...but they're not getting anything out of it, really. None of those lyrics sites pay people for their posts, the people who post the music or some form of video are more likely to be paying website hosting fees through the nose, or getting their accounts blocked because of the copyright violation, than to be making anything from it. They're only doing it because they want to share it.

Those of us who post on this website are going to ensure that this single, and indeed the entire album will wind up in our personal collections in a legal way. We've already got our credit cards and paypal accounts ready to go. And in a few hours we'll be watching the official video on youtube, facebook, and probably half a dozen other places where it's been legally uploaded.

The overwhelming number of people who listen to Love Me Better will be doing so for free...on the radio, on TV shows, on legal video upload sites, via social media. And if all goes well, at least some of them will find it interesting enough or catchy enough or cool enough to buy it...and maybe the album....and maybe take the leap and buy concert tickets too. These are all good things. (okay, maybe not the concert tickets until we all get the ones we want....oops, did I say that out loud?) Remember, James is where he is today because of word of mouth, not because of big budget record company releases - and lots of those early "shares" were pretty dodgy.

These things will always exist. The people doing it aren't getting any money for it - certainly not just a couple of hours before the release. Those of us who post on this site would not post links to that kind of material on this forum (although perhaps particularly obnoxious ones we might send to Billy's attention via a PM). There are lots of people who are very happy that James is releasing new music. Some of them even read or post on this website.
Post #279041
Posted 27 January 2017 07:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
I'm listening to Heart fm and they just announced James will be on
Post #279046
Posted 27 January 2017 07:29

Supreme Being

He's on RTL2 in France and I'm listening 😍😍😍😍
Post #279047
Posted 27 January 2017 07:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2017 20:57
nice interview on SWR3

http://www.swr3.de/musik/James-Blunt-verraet-Daher-kommt-Ed-Sheerans-Narbe-wirklich/-/id=47316/did=4296240/1gwn4oq/index.html

Enjoy!
Post #279048
Posted 27 January 2017 08:15

Supreme Being

Thank you Kejy
Post #279049
Posted 27 January 2017 10:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 March 2017 17:16
You can now hear the new single on Spotify!
Post #279076
Posted 27 January 2017 10:32

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
Love it! It's great!

First of all though i was listening to another song by someone else and i thought, oh no, this is rubbish!!!!!! Then i realised it wasn't James!!!!!
It's not easy being me!
Post #279078
Posted 27 January 2017 11:07

Supreme Being

The single 'Love Me Better' is available via iTunes. Album also available to pre-order.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/afterlove-extended-version/id1197348023

This song is an earworm for me. Love it! Don't be nervous, James, it's so good!
Post #279080
Posted 27 January 2017 11:48

Supreme Being

"The single shows Blunt in a new light, thanks in part to Ryan Tedder’s fresh and modern pop production, and the lyrics combine a heartfelt poignancy along with touches of Blunt’s classic, self-deprecating humour."

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/Mcpr/view/163505/

Post #279083
Posted 27 January 2017 11:57

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:36
Worth knowing that Heart are playing a remix of the song, which James doesn't like. It might be worth us barraging their social media accounts asking them to play the original song. I'll gather their details...
Post #279084
Posted 27 January 2017 13:32

Supreme Being

Billy (27/01/2017)
Worth knowing that Heart are playing a remix of the song, which James doesn't like. It might be worth us barraging their social media accounts asking them to play the original song. I'll gather their details...

All the way behind James on this... waiting for your instructions.

Post #279087
Posted 27 January 2017 15:36

Supreme Being

Waiting for instructions and ready to tweet Billy !!
Post #279095
Posted 27 January 2017 16:20

Supreme Being

I guess the record label has sorted out the situation. Here's the lyrics in the meantime. Prunilla, did you manage to check if they are accurate? You'll be 'better' on this than me.

According to OneRepublic fans: "James Blunt's new single is out and it features Ryan's vocals. Ryan also co-wrote and produced the song!"

"Love Me Better"

People say the meanest things
Yeah I've been called a dick, I've been called so many things
I know I've done some shit that I admit deserves it, but that
That don't mean it doesn't sting
Saw you standing outside a bar
Would have said you're beautiful but I've used that line before
Now I've had my share of shallow nights
'Cause I was scared to get it right
So I was hanging with whoever

But baby then you
You love, love, love me, love me better
There's been times I gave myself
To someone else, to someone lesser than you
Love, love, love me, love me better

Love me better

When I met you I was treading water
And baby I know you know I got an eye that wanders
But right now in this car that we're driving to your sister's
All I'm lookin' for is something that's forever

Baby then you...
There've been people that I've loved before
But they were something lesser, 'cause you

Love me
Love me better
Love me
Love me better

Yeah, but truth be told, I don't care what they think
I got someone who is lying in my bed right next to me
Yeah she love, love, loves me
Love, love, loves me
Better

Loves me better

Post #279101
Posted 27 January 2017 18:02

Supreme Being

jbfan132 (27/01/2017)
I guess the record label has sorted out the situation. Here's the lyrics in the meantime. Prunilla, did you manage to check if they are accurate? You'll be 'better' on this than me.

According to OneRepublic fans: "James Blunt's new single is out and it features Ryan's vocals. Ryan also co-wrote and produced the song!"

"Love Me Better"

Yeah I've been called a dick, I've been called so many things
I know I've done some shit that I admit deserves it, but that
That don't mean it doesn't sting
Saw you standing outside a bar
Would have said you're beautiful but I've used that line before
Now I've had my share of shallow nights
'Cause I was scared to get it right
So I was hanging with whoever

But baby then you

Love me better

When I met you I was treading water
And baby I know you know I got an eye that wanders
But right now in this car that we're driving to your sister's
All I'm lookin' for is something that's forever

Baby then you...
There've been people that I've loved before
But they were something lesser, 'cause you

Love me
Love me better
Love me
Love me better

Yeah, but truth be told, I don't care what they think
I got someone who is lying in my bed right next to me
Yeah she love, love, loves me
Love, love, loves me
Better

Loves me better

Hahaha - Seems right to me . And the ones I found yesterday are, too.
Post #279105
Posted 27 January 2017 18:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
Sounds great. The music is very catchy and groovy. I like different music genres so I'm loving this, and hoping that this album features a mixture of sounds, which to me, makes an album more pleasurable to listen to from beginning to end.

Lyric wise, this sounds very Ed Sheeran, and that's great for him, but I love the way James writes. The message here is very simple, direct and clear; maybe that's what he was going for. I find it sweet and painful. You just can't let the petty stupidity of jerks diminish you as a person.

What I've really become addicted to is the journey. I don't really care how he goes about telling it, as I know he is always melodic. I just love that he opens his heart and shares his thoughts. James Blunt is a whole different experience that I'm grateful for.

I do miss the way he used to sing, he had a unique way of phrasing the lyrics that I especially enjoy. I hope to find it elsewhere on the album.

Overall, it's a song I would hum to, but as it is coming very much from a male perspective, I don't personally connect with, but probably lots of men will. I'm excited for the CD.
Post #279107
Posted 27 January 2017 18:59

Supreme Being

Thank you Prunilla for the rubber stamp on the lyrics. I copied them from www.azlyrics.com

This is what James had to tell us in his latest newsletter today about 'Love Me Better':

Dear friend,

So… here’s the first song from my new album "The Afterlove"… It’s called "Love Me Better".

I wrote it with Ryan Tedder of One Republic, in his room at the Corinthia Hotel in London, and we recorded it in a tent outside the Roundhouse just before he went on stage. You might be able to hear the traffic behind.

Brace yourselves – it might be a bit different from what you expect, and so we’ll see if you like it or not. Have a listen below… Good luck.

The Afterlove will be out on March 24th - but you can download "Love Me Better" right now if you pre-order the album from iTunes. (You can also listen to the song on Spotify or Apple Music...)

It’s also out on CD – including a limited number of signed copies – and a vinyl version too! Find out more here.

I really hope you like the new song! And I’m looking forward to sharing more with you soon.

Speak soon,

James
Post #279108
Posted 27 January 2017 19:02

Supreme Being

Is it better or better? Or both?
Whichever, it sounds happy
Shame Heart put a downer on things but say the word Billy and I'll be on 'em!
Post #279109
Posted 27 January 2017 20:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 July 2018 19:21
Love the song and the lyrics are very touching.

I would have thought a new younger fan base could start from this.
Post #279112
Posted 27 January 2017 22:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 28 August 2017 00:03
I love the new single!

We are really looking forward to James' new CD and tour!

Please come back to the USA, soon, James!

Post #279118
Posted 27 January 2017 22:59
Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 22:49
Ok I'll be sincere... I like the lyrics, and the song is catchy and sounds good but... for me it sounds as all I am used to hear in the radio, I don't recognise James style here. It doesn't sounds unique as most of James' songs. I think it lacks James' authenticity, I don't know how to explain. But it's only my opinion, I'm not saying the song isn't good, I think it is, but something is lacking for me But as James has said, all the songs of the album are different, so I hope there will more "old" James in it
Post #279119
Posted 27 January 2017 23:42

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 01 January 2018 15:31
First thing I heard this morning when I got up was my 9 year old yelling "James Blunt's new song is out today!" She loves James and Ryan Tedder too.

I really thought this was written by Ed Sheeran when I first heard it, so I'm a little surprised that it was written by Ryan. Either way, I love it!

My favorite line is "Would've said you're beautiful but I used that line before"

I gauge music sometimes by its ability to be car-dancing compatible. This song definitely is that.

Great work James, and so glad to have something to look forward to in the coming weeks with the new album!
Post #279122
Posted 28 January 2017 08:38

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 November 2017 14:37
Well, you guys may not like what I am going to say, Billy you can delete this if you think it may be harmful to James' image.

Firstly, James warned us his album was going to be different from past albums. The thing is , James has a lot of fans buying his music because they like that sort of music, so to put out something different is risky. The idea may have been to win new fans who are swayed by that type of music, for instance it smells heavily of The Chainsmokers. But his fans he has had for a decade or more may not like it, or pretend they do, but won't play it, and grow to associate James with music they don't like, and eventually switch off from him completely. He may win new fans but they may not be as committed as his loyal fans who have been around since day one. OneRepublic totally changed their music with their new album Oh My My, but why? Counting Stars was a number one, if they had made more music like that they may have got their last three singles in the top ten, who knows, its not always a good idea to do something different.

Secondly, it has someone else singing the falsetto. It may be Ryan Tedder, after all James said in his email they wrote it together, but it hardly sounds like Ryan Tedder, but it could be, but then its not James, so is offputting.

Thirdly, he talks of people saying he is a dick, and he says he has a wandering eye. Now you wouldn't put that on your CV so why sing about it. Not a good idea.

Fourthly, the lyrics are confusing. The message is confusing. Is the woman in his bed the one who loves him better or is he still wanting the woman who he saw on the train, the one outside the bar? But knowing he is married adds to the confusion even more. Anyway the part about being in the car going to her sisters is a turnoff.

I do like the unusual music that is threaded throughout the song in the background, but I do hope it is a hit for James' sake.
Post #279123
Posted 28 January 2017 12:43

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 30 January 2018 23:14
Love it, very down to earth say it like it is lyrics, sounds to me like he finally found someone who loves him better 😂that can only be a good thing.😎
Post #279125
Posted 28 January 2017 15:48

Supreme Being

Well said sunrise
Post #279131
Posted 28 January 2017 16:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 16:20
@Sunlight

from what I'm hearing from the lyrics, he is singing about his love for his wife... how he first saw her outside that bar, was not sure to speak to her, since he had a reputation and had been in previous relations..

But that he found true love with her, that she is better to him than anyone he met before....

not really much confusion imho..

And somebody else singing in his song.... have you ever been to a concert? Or did you ever hear any of his older covers? Malcolm has sung backing vocals in the past, on stage the band does backing vocals too....

I don't really find it disturbing... just wondering if we will be able to sing those high notes along during the concerts ^^

As for the new style, new music, different this, different that....

I always thought that was exactly what James was/is... trying new things/different styles... in stead of always doing the same thing.
I'm just glad he has chosen his path, doing his own thing, without bothering if others will like it... It is his music still, he has to like what he is doing... And it is up to us if we go along with that or not
Post #279133
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

1234»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:29am