James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Good vs bad luck Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
Somehow I got a flat tire. Somewhere I must have driven over a screw.

As our regular auto shop was too busy, they referred us to another shop. We were told our warranty covers tire repairs. However (yeah, you guessed it), upon arrival, I was told that our warranty does not actually cover tire repairs. I was hit with a bill.

I felt blind sided. After speaking politely with the shop attendant, asking for a break down of the bill, and joked with the attendant a bit, I then ask if he can give me a discount. Which he did, a small one. But still I felt a little ambushed by this.

I later found out, that the first auto shop would have costed me more for the repair job. It was never free. So in fact, I got the better price plus a discount. The point is, people could be nicer than I give them credit for. I don't always have all the information to know the difference.

Maybe you have a story of kindness that you didn't appreciate until a later point, or maybe the opposite ..
Post #278453
Posted 09 December 2016 21:17

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 19 January 2019 00:47
When I was little about 4 I had a eardly white man and his wife as a neighbour my mum was a solo mum and worked two jobs I was ship from pilar to post so mum could make ends meet. Anyway when I was home she would always sleep. I would go outside and chat to Mr Merca while he would do his garden over the fence. Little did I know he was promble looking after me and making sure I was alright
What I learnt was kindness has no age or race agenda or even religouse boundrys. It comes from the heart. That is kindness. Just before we moved his wife died and when I would go back to my home town I would bike around and see him. Then one day I went back and he was gone. Thank you Mr Merca
Post #278482
Posted 13 December 2016 19:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
That's a beautiful story of kindness and community. Thank you very much ladyapplebox.

Post #278499
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 3:16pm