James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Game of Thrones Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 22:01
I've finally caught up on Game of Thrones and now I can't wait for series 6! Starts April 25th
Anyone on here watch it?
Post #275882
Posted 04 April 2016 21:53

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
I do.

The best fantasy tv series, IMHO.
Post #275887
Posted 05 April 2016 13:40

Supreme Being

I totally agree! It's so brutal yet so bloody good who's your favourite character? Mine is Tyrion which is really surprising as I used to have a fear of midgets! And I love Arya and Brienne of Tarth I just love it
Post #275893
Posted 05 April 2016 13:41

Supreme Being

"You know nothing John Snow!"
Post #275894
Posted 05 April 2016 19:40

Supreme Being

Oh, you haven't mention the sexually graphic contents! But it's mostly not gratuitous. It raises the discussion of how women use their body, their sexuality as currency to survive in the world.

I sometimes wonder what some people would do if they were given free reign. If without law, are we only brutal savages? It's an interesting discussion of individual morals and human nature.

Yes, Tyrion is definitely my favourite. Peter Dinklage is an great actor, as are the rest of the cast.

It's so good to see more people of every circumstance given a chance to showcase their talent, and their humanity.

I mostly avoid tv show based on best selling fantasy series because they are usually not done well, as the themes are often butchered. So it wasn't until about 2 years ago that I got caught up with this series, and it is fantastic.

Edited to add: There's a lot I like about the show. And while trying to not be long winded about it, my post gets chopped up and doesn't make much sense. Any how ... it's one of the few shows I enjoy.
Post #275896
Posted 06 April 2016 07:00

Supreme Being

Sex, oh yes, how could I forget
Boobs and bums alert yet only two willies! I was gutted they didn't show Theon's when it was in the box
Are you in the UK InnerSense? Please don't tell me you're gonna see the new episodes before me
Post #275897
Posted 06 April 2016 18:43

Supreme Being

Ever since having kids, I haven't watched much TV, unless it's recorded. Now that the kids are older and time is more flexible, I binge watch here and there, and have found that I really enjoy the shows more that way. I'll probably wait for few episodes before I start. So no worries, you'll definitely see the new episodes before I will. I'm from Canada BTW.

I don't mind female nudity on the show, as they do feature different shapes and shades. I'm thinking maybe I'm weirder than I though, because random male nudity doesn't do much for me. Shrug ... what can I say, I'm old fashion and I like it that way.

I feel equal amounts of repulsion and sympathy for Theon. I think the actor did a spectacular job in bringing out those feelings from the viewer. Yeah, maybe a shot of a shriveled up willy would further underline the tragedy that his life became.

All the actors are great, they can each bring out such strong feelings.
Post #275898
Posted 06 April 2016 18:53

Supreme Being

I don't get off on random nudity either male or female, it is the equality of the situation that bugs me!
The actors and scripts are phenomenal! They really bring on strong emotions towards the characters and story lines. Good stuff
Post #275901
Posted 07 April 2016 19:22

Supreme Being

The cynical side of me thinks the female nudity is for the male audience.

What I really want to believe is that they are trying to drive a point, in that women, no matter the status from Queen to prostitute in that world, are dependent on men for their power and survival. And that's why there's and inequality in nude scene. Men are seen fighting, women are seen seducing.

The only two females that does not fall in line are, Arya and Brienne, at the cost of their identity. It's very sad. I really hope the male audience looks at this world, where half of humanity are subjected to cattle like existence, will think about the lives of their mother, their sister, and their daughter.

I don't believe objectifying the other sex is a solution. But then again, maybe, men would like the option to gain power through seduction. Maybe some think it's unfair and that women had the easy route, and didn't really earn their way in life.

I wonder what men would think of a world where every woman had an exclusive professional life, and does not participate in "women work" (ie. cook, clean, house work, yard work, care for the children, care for the elderly.) Would they then have more respect for women?
Post #275921
Posted 08 April 2016 10:26

Supreme Being

Maybe that's why I like Arya and Brienne so much. I warmed to Tyrion because he fell in love with Shea and he did the decent thing by Sensa even though he could have claimed his bedding rights!
It's not far off 'real' life women do need men to protect and provide for them especially when they have children to support. In Game of Thrones it's rare that a 'whore' marries.
Unless women are born into nobility they stand very little chance of a decent life. Then again most noble women go power crazy. And any woman high or low born could be raped randomly.
It's so harsh but I still love it!
It is sexist though! And yes of course the sex is there for the men
I watched a documentary in which George RR Martin said he was on location for the dragon birth scene, I know I shouldn't judge but, just made me think dirty old man?!
Post #275937
Posted 08 April 2016 20:17

Supreme Being

Yeah, I love that each actor is completely invested in his/her role. I love Tyrion, he exemplifies what it is to be a thoughtful human being. There are other good men too, and I love how the show portray that in a spectrum of grey righteousness (Ned Stark, Davos, Tyrion, Jorah, Varys).

I agree, it's not far off from real life. In the western world, women have much more resources to survive without a man, and it's still incredibly difficult for a single mother. Women from poorer countries live through soul crushing experiences. It would be nice to believe that a man could relieve that burden, but not all men are reliable.

I also believe George RR Martin is a dirty old man. I don't like how every female is portrayed as lying, scheming manipulators. As if that somehow justify the collective fate that befalls them. I feel a bit sorry for him, it's as if he has never met a woman he could trust. Maybe I'll judge him differently as the show progress.

(Don't mind me wkdnic. Like you, I really like this show, it pushes the boundary of what's right and wrong. It really makes you feel. This is just my way of sorting out my feelings on these issues. Can you tell, I'm really opinionated? )

Post #275950
Posted 05 May 2016 16:56

Supreme Being

OMG!!!!
Have you watched em yet?

Spoiler alert!
Post #276197
Posted 06 May 2016 20:13

Supreme Being

Nope, not yet.

But I bet Jon will be resurrected, it's certain.
Post #276218
Posted 07 May 2016 11:13

Supreme Being

Not a lot I can say to that
It's really good tho
Post #276223
Posted 17 August 2016 16:48

Supreme Being

So I finally finish a couple of weeks ago. It's tricky getting around to it, because it's an adult show, and the kids has to be sent elsewhere.

It's anticlimactic to discuss at this point. I enjoyed it immensely. I like the girl power theme that keeps weaving through the stories. The ending was disturbing, too many died so suddenly, that mentality can not be a solution to our problems.
Post #277309
Posted 17 August 2016 20:35

Supreme Being

Oh no we wouldn't want to be anticlimactic
Tbh I've forgotten already but a few bits stick out. Tyrion's joke "spit it out ur wee bastard!" Ramsey getting off his face The Hound not being dead and everything about Arya!
Post #277320
Posted 18 August 2016 18:48

Supreme Being

Also, that Jon is half Targaryen. The final scene with Ramsey felt like justice served, with a side fissure rupturing through your soul. So excellently done.
Post #277326
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:09pm