James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

When I Find Love Again Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
Wedding celebrations are over, now back to the office! From James on his Facebook page

Here’s the lyric video for ‘When I Find Love Again’ (proper video coming soon!) You can get it on iTunes now when you pre-order The Apollo Edition of my album: http://smarturl.it/ApolloEdition

http://youtu.be/euSlI3FrT1M

Off to correct the lyrics.

Post #256866
Posted 22 September 2014 19:11

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 14 March 2017 17:16
I like the lyric video! I wonder what the proper video would look like...can't wait!
Post #256875
Posted 13 October 2014 14:47

Supreme Being

Awwwwh! Wonderful to receive James' newsletter today with the link to the new video. Sofia is in the video too. Good timing for me as it's a bank holiday in Canada.

James Blunt - When I Find Love Again [Official Video]

http://youtu.be/yEl5m8eELeI

Someone asked aptly "What happened to his eyebrows"? Looks like they've been shaved.

Post #257351
Posted 13 October 2014 18:16

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 December 2018 08:18
Having studied the video closely, my son also asked where his eyebrows have gone??!
Post #257363
Posted 13 October 2014 18:49
Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 November 2018 17:37
Shaved eyebrows!! Maybe a lasting reminder of a bit of fun at his stag party!

Don't worry, they'll grow back again (I think)
Post #257364
Posted 13 October 2014 18:57

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
I do see eyebrows there, just very faint. Either they got dyed blond, or he's greying faster than usual there.

Would have loved to see the advert for the extras in the video "Good dancers with solid horseback skills"...

James does look so natural on a horse, though.
Post #257366
Posted 13 October 2014 19:45

Supreme Being

The video was made by Manic Butterfly Productions (London-based) and directed by Vaughan Arnell. He was also the Bonfire Heart video's director.
Post #257369
Posted 13 October 2014 20:07

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
A black and white video.. My daugjter(8) said " oh he looks so old, but it's a nice video."
She loves horses.
It's a lovely video, the nature, the horses, but I don't like the couple dancing a "Dirty Dancing style" . Somehow I have the feeling, it doesn't fit in there, it looks a bit strange. Just my opinion.
Post #257371
Posted 13 October 2014 20:16
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
I notice the pale eyebrows too, not a good look. Makes James look so old all of a sudden. But i did like the white horse, reminded me of my horse riding days.
Post #257373
Posted 13 October 2014 20:46

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 March 2017 16:51
Yes I wondered what had happened to his eyebrows too?!! Really don't like all the sexual dancing looked really over the top. Really didn't need that.
Post #257374
Posted 13 October 2014 21:13
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 November 2018 17:39
When James Blunt is on stage, performs his songs among his band, WE love it, because WE feel he seems to be himself - the pure James Blunt, full of energy, emotions and passion for that what he is doing and what really fits to him.
But sometimes sb. writes a simple story, dress the actor up in a role which does not really fit, put some girly dancers around the actor and shoot a movie in a very short time.
Sorry, I am afraid I cannot "serve as a rule", I don't like some parts of it, esp. not the weird dancing sequences.
Of course watching James Blunt riding the horse (followed by other horsemen and his wife in the end) is impressive and these are nice pictures, but ... I cannot find a red line for the story which should fit to the song. But maybe I am blind.
I think he could do it much better and much more realistic and unique.
Post #257375
Posted 13 October 2014 21:19

Supreme Being

Yes I would have just liked to have seen James without the distractions enjoyed seeing him riding and did note he looked at his pocket watch at the start ,the passing of time till he falls in love again. A lot of energy in the video with James clapping and the dancing but really do any of us Blunties want to watch that sort of dancing lol?! Is he aiming at teenage boys,men ? Are we not enough for him
Post #257377
Posted 13 October 2014 21:27

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 November 2014 09:09
I don't like all those dancers too. James looks so perfect in this video, he doesn't need them. Just he and the piano would be enough.
Post #257378
Posted 14 October 2014 14:35

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 13:38
Oooo...looks like there are many of us with the same thoughts about this video. Interesting.
Not liking it myself.
I can't comment further without being rude, really. All I can say is that James' audience varies in a vastly different way than Nicki Minajs. A James Blunt fan looks for deep meaning behind the video to his songs. This one provides none.

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #257387
Posted 14 October 2014 19:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
What is the meaning of this video? What are we supposed to take from it? I have no idea. I also don't want to be rude but I expected more when we got that little video clip of James at the piano. Oh well, at least he's consistent.

The only parts I liked were James on the piano, his outfit, and riding the horse. The rest was just random and disjointed to me. What was the point of Shakira there shaking her hips? It did remind me of her though. I think this kind of video is for 'artists' that don't have much talent and feel they need sexy stuff to sell it. What a shame. Is James going that route now?

And it looks like they put so much light-colored makeup on James' face and right over his eyebrows to the point of them disappearing. Strange. I think they wanted him to channel Edward in Twilight?? That's what it reminded me of anyway he was so pale and pasty. I caught a glimpse of Sofia and that was nice but she should have had a bigger part. She's with the band now. lol

I wonder if James actually watched this video before he put it out? Idk....sometimes I really wonder.

Post #257397
Posted 14 October 2014 20:50

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
May be, just may be it is to reach a wider audience, don't know, wild idea and all for promotion and all that kinda thing How do you reach new audience, knowing bugger all about the industry I am going to make a guess at Radio and TV and may be, just may be the music channels. I know there is you tube etc but unless you want to see that artist you won't watch the videos, but music channel on and you listen and watch what ever comes on. Now I could be far to old to actually be right but I would think the video fits nicely in amongst the other popular music stuff on these channels.

I like the wild west theme and the loneliness but utter peace at the end, but then I am biased as I find the world just slots in to place when I go pony riding, just being there and no where else.

As an aside the actors rode best, nit picking instructor says "Could do better" not that anyone will notice I am sure, except pony geeks like me
Post #257400
Posted 15 October 2014 04:35

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
Bella, I think James "trained" on an english saddle, while these horses are kitted out in more western gear. I recall from my youth that there was a really different feel to each of them, which may explain some of what you noticed. They did seem to be pretty docile horses, though. :-)

Annec xx
Post #257408
Posted 15 October 2014 09:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
annec (15/10/2014)
Bella, I think James "trained" on an english saddle, while these horses are kitted out in more western gear. I recall from my youth that there was a really different feel to each of them, which may explain some of what you noticed. They did seem to be pretty docile horses, though. :-)

Annec xx

Know as you get older or out of practice everything becomes a bit less mobile and I admit it is a long time since I taught western but even drawing in to that dim and distant past I don't recall "rising canter" English, Western or any other form, rising trot, yep I know that one, arse out of saddle galloping as fast as you can, yep know that one too but rising canter not so sure about that, but hey you learn something knew everyday Bet it hurt the next day, with some interesting walking and sitting manoeuvres for at least a few more days
Post #257410
Posted 15 October 2014 23:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
jbfan132 (13/10/2014)
The video was made by Manic Butterfly Productions (London-based) and directed by Vaughan Arnell. He was also the Bonfire Heart video's director.

It's hard to believe that the same director was involved with Bonfire Heart - that was a great video, but this one has nothing going for it, in my opinion.

The dancing girls look like they've lost their pole and James looks like he's lost the plot.

I agree with the earlier comment about the video looking disjointed. Alternating between black and white and colour is a technique that can work well in epic movies (eg. that scene in Schindler's List where the little girl's red coat is in stark contrast to the monochrome scene around her) but here it seems pointless, like somebody is desperate to use a trick they learned in their media studies course. I can see what they're trying to imply, that James (or rather his character here) has become isolated and his life lacks colour due to past mistakes with his love life, but when he finds love again it will all brighten up for him. However, to me it all seems very contrived.

Also, the song itself seems very disjointed and I don't feel the lyrics work well. We're told that James wants to keep his private life private and we are not meant to take any interest in him outside of listening to/buying his music, but as he has recently got married it just looks so odd releasing this song now, when it appears that he's found love and he's never been happier. I appreciate that this is a music video, not an online diary, but the timing is bizarre.

With a little tweaking the song could have been adapted to resonate with his life, eg.

'Now I've found love again....' etc, and the song would then be much more upbeat. I love James's miserable songs but upbeat songs are good too, but for me, this song and the video both share the same prroblem, in that they lurch back and forth between the two styles, not really having any clear direction.

W'fan
Post #257432
Posted 16 October 2014 08:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
I think the lyric video fits much better. I love the two astronauts and the little hearts at the end.
I actually expected something like that in the official video. ( happy ending )

http://www.muzu.tv/james-blunt/when-i-find-love-again-lyric-video-musikvideo/2305246/
Post #257437
Posted 16 October 2014 10:56

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 20 December 2014 21:25
I have always found Jame's videos confusing( although Bonfire Heart made sense) I think he just likes messing with our minds!! I loved his outfit, horse riding skills ,and the song. Didn't notice his eyebrows until comments were made. The writhing cowgirls should have been in a club in 1973 They looked out of place but hey maybe thats what men like ----writhing dusty cowgirls!!
Post #257438
Posted 16 October 2014 11:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 June 2017 15:53
Jane Mc (16/10/2014)
maybe thats what men like ----writhing dusty cowgirls!!

Hmmmm.... Nah, No me!
Post #257439
Posted 16 October 2014 14:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2018 12:07
Very well said Wolfie! I agree with you!

I'm sure this song will do well in Germany, as I think the promoters would agree, hence the Debut of this song in Germany! In the UK James' songs do not get much airplay, which consequently holds back the sales. On the other hand James is far more popular in Germany than here.
As far as my opinion of the video goes, not a winner for me Im afraid to say!! Very mediocre, not getting it at all. Best part for me is seeing the beautiful Andalusian horses!!!
About the lyrics, which are lacking for me, I can imagine this song being written some time ago, as the words don't fit for James' current situation. If this song was written currently, and James writes about his lifetime experiences, surely these lyrics couldn't have been written recently. As Wolfie rightly says, if the lyrics were written a while ago, why not tweak them to be more fitting for now! ie. Now I've found love again.
Or maybe I have it wrong and James doesn't really write about life experiences! Still weird though that these lyrics are released now.
Post #257445
Posted 16 October 2014 15:57

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
Dancers? What dancers? all I see is James
I love the video and the song! God Dayumn he looks hot in that suit! And I love the way James claps
I love the end shot too...sigh....
I think it's a really positive song.
Guess he did find love again
Post #257449
Posted 16 October 2014 18:09

Supreme Being

I don't expect all James songs to fit in with his current situation. His songs don't necessarily have to be a reflection of all his true feeling or be autobiographical. I imagine writing song lyrics can be fictional in the same way a novel can. He probably wrote the song a long time ago anyway like Breathe which is described as another new song on the album.
Post #257458
Posted 16 October 2014 23:05

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
Fair comment, Alikerstina - it would be daft to expect every single released to reflect James' current personal life. Truth be told, if I liked the song and/or video the incongruity of the song's theme in light of his recent marriage would probably not even register with me.

Thanks TK, it's nice to know you see where I'm coming from.

As for timing, I guess it's all about the record company trying to maximise profits on the back of a very successful album, before the tour comes to an end. I wonder if James is keen on the song, or whether it's one that he initially discarded as not being good enough for the album, but is now releasing due to pressure from commercial entities? Record companies/agents don't care one jot about whether the timing of a song looks odd, it's all about the profit margin for them.

It's rare for me to dislike any of JB's songs, but you can't please all the people all the time. I have one nice comment re the video - the horses are beautiful.

W'fan
Post #257465
Posted 17 October 2014 06:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 June 2017 15:53
I'm with TK and Wolverine, (not that there is any need to take sides, we all offer our opinions) and I can really see this as a record company release just to get some airplay to promote the re-release of Moon Landing which does make perfect sense. The video itself was just made to go with the song as oppose to try and create a buzz as an artistic thought out video to get more fans.

Record companies know JB has a fanbase of very passionatte fans and certain section of fans will love anything he does, he could record anything and there will still be people blinded by the name of the artist who released it.

The song is too happy clappy for me to take it seriously as a thoughtful, well executed release and I just think the video really doesn't do anything for me, there isn't a WOW factor, other than nice horses!.

Moon Landing for me has been a strange album, with strange videos made. When you look at the other albums and videos and of course the 10 year anniversary of BTB then I can't help feeling that Atlantic are just cashing in and after all, James Blunt the artist is a business! - I doubt many of us know THE James Blunt.

Good Morning everyone, lovely weather out there!
Post #257469
Posted 18 October 2014 21:57
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 01 December 2017 19:46

Another version. A little bit
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevideo/musicvideo/11155316/James-Blunt-When-I-Find-Love-Again-video-exclusive.html
Post #257561
Posted 19 October 2014 18:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
I still haven't managed to see the video properly yet! My computer can't cope with it!

From what i can make out, James looks very hot in that suit, the sideway glances in the camera are pretty hot too
I wish he had worn a cowboy hat on his horse though, sorry, just finishing my fantasy off there

Some of you are saying it's unneccesary for the danciing girls, oh i don't know, you always have to have dancing girls in a music video
Post #257571
Posted 20 October 2014 15:21

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:36
I'm not into boys, James or horses so much, so was relieved that there was something for me to look at in the form of talented, female dancers...
Post #257591
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:15am