James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

MOON LANDING Expand / Collapse
Author

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:36
Moon Landing can be heard in its entirety online by digital stream, and then out for people to own in the next few days.

Perhaps discuss individual songs in their respective topics, but discuss the album as a whole here!

Hope you like it!
Post #239683
Posted 15 October 2013 13:49

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:36
Lophorina Posted today -

Extremely AMAZING !!! Old James is back !!

Miss America is Amazing in studio version !!!

the Only One -------> has to be single !!!! What a song !!!!! crying !!!!

Sun on Sunday Studio .... MASTERPIECE

Bones is weird but... still good old James !!! Uptempo song !!!

Always hate me - his vocal is pure... Chorus is magical !

Style Florence the Machine + his voice = Brilliant !

Postcards - Oh gosh... Jason Mraz style... hahahaha so funny song xD i cannot wait to hear this live xD and this music... In LOVE

Blue on Blue - i need some more listening to this song... is not that impressive... but i think i will change mind soon hehe
Post #239687
Posted 15 October 2013 15:00

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 18 April 2014 19:43
btw on iTunes is FREE STREAM !!!!! and video ... track by track

On UK iTunes
Post #239698
Posted 15 October 2013 15:45

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 13:38
On the very first page of the music tab.

Listening now! Thanks!!

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #239702
Posted 15 October 2013 16:21
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 22 September 2018 20:17
I have just had an email saying the live stream is available 

I am watching James talking about the songs at the moment, I know what I am doing for the rest of the day

Post #239705
Posted 15 October 2013 16:58

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 27 February 2017 06:33
Excellent, thank-you! Listening to it now
Post #239706
Posted 15 October 2013 17:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
I think I deserve a f@*@ing medal, I am now downloading Itunes to my computer having avoided it for years and because I use a really old internet explorer which I like but won't download Itunes I am using google chrome which means I can download. After that I pray it will be easy to actual hear the album or I may throw the laptop out the window and turn to drink (bit early in the week being a Tuesday)
I have just reread my first sentences and it sounds like I actual know what I am doing computer wise.....nope I have not got a clue, going to do ponies while 29 minutes of downloading (this is just for itunes nothing else) lets hope it is all ready with a shiny new icon on my desk top when I get home please wish me luck!
nb make that 23 minutes, no 25 minutes, no 39 minutes I thought computers could be clever but mine can't even countdown the right way!!!!!!!
Post #239707
Posted 15 October 2013 17:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 July 2018 17:08
I got the same email, and I'm listening to the album now!! Gosh it's everything I expected it to be I love it.
Post #239708
Posted 15 October 2013 17:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 November 2017 16:16
I got my email but I'm gonna try wait for the CD to arrive, not sure if I can hold on that long though
Post #239710
Posted 15 October 2013 17:26
Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 December 2018 18:37
Soo HAPPY to be able to listen. Thank you!

Is there a word that include all the others? LOVE! all of the songs, wholeheartedly. Its all so beautiful. So so beautiful.

Post #239711
Posted 15 October 2013 17:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 February 2017 06:33
Always Hate Me, Satellites, Bones and Blue on Blue are the real stands out for me. Not sure about Postcards, may grow on me.
Post #239713
Posted 15 October 2013 17:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
Thank you for this very nice surprise! Just finished to watch the video with James talking of each song. Love it! Now listening to the songs.

Post #239714
Posted 15 October 2013 17:44

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 28 October 2014 00:21
YYEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Post #239715
Posted 15 October 2013 17:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 November 2017 14:37
Tracklisting

1. Face The Sun
2. Satellites
3. Bonfire Heart
4. Heart To Heart
5. Miss America
6. The Only One
7. Sun On Sunday
8. Bones
9. Always Hate Me
10. Postcards
11. Blue On Blue

Just listened to the live streaming I had pre ordered the delux version, and a live streaming was included for the 18th, guess they thought everyone deserved a pre listen and its nice to hear it sooner than expected.

Firstly this album is probably going to be my favourite of his. It tells a love story from beginning to end, but its a love story that's unfinished, and he is bearing his soul to all of his listeners.

It is beautiful, and reveals true deep feelings that he has for another, its an album about unrequited love, but with hope in his heart. Its like his last ditched attempt to win back the woman he loves, and he takes all the blame for what has gone on before and their breakup.

I love 'The Only One' its like he trying to convince the woman he had planned to marry that she was the only one, reading between the lines they split up and he is taking the blame for that breakup but trying to win her back and is still hopeful.

The album is beautiful, its artistic, and I love it. It will be played hundreds of times by me when it comes, shame we can't download it properly until the 21st October, roll on Monday

The melancholy songs are separated by lighter feel good tracks, so gives it a good balance.
Bonfire heart is a feel good track, as is Heart to Heart, which I think he said he will put out as the next single, but the melancholy tracks, are so beautiful, as hauntingly beautiful as Heroes, and I like how the album ended on Blue on Blue.

The album is rich, pure gold, velvet quality, and should be in everyone's collection.

Post #239717
Posted 15 October 2013 17:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
You're right Matt!

Info from Billboard tweeted by Atlantic Records.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5755460/james-blunt-moon-landing-exclusive-album-stream

James Blunt talks 'Moon Landing' album at Billboard studio
Singer James Blunt sits down at Billboard's studio to talk about his latest album and why he looked inward for inspiration.

http://bcove.me/fn36phhn

Post #239718
Posted 15 October 2013 18:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 November 2017 19:06
A lot like Some Kind Of Trouble 2.0 - fair share of upbeat songs

Really good overall, best album since B2B
Post #239737
Posted 15 October 2013 19:08

Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 November 2017 20:33
Oh, wow.... I don't really know what to say! I was crying so hard while I was listening to the album, it is so perfect! Absolutely heartbreaking, mindblowing, amazong! The effect this album has has had to me today is incredible, as it made me cry (Face the Sun, Sun On Sunday, Miss America) but made me dance and smile at the same time (Heart To Heart, but Bones first of all ! GREAT SURPRISE!).
Yeah, I think James was right when he said Moon Landing would probably be his best album so far <3
I love the others, but this record has got something special in it... I guess it's too early to say that and probably I'm so excited that I can't think calmly
I just know that I can't stop listening to it! James, you'll NEVER disappoint us with your work! Keep on going!!!
And THANK YOU AGAIN for this great gift!!! We've been waiting for you to come back for so long... and here you are!!! Thank you!!!!
Post #239739
Posted 15 October 2013 19:16

Supreme Being

I changed my mind as couldn't wait to hear but it won't work for me? I clicked the stream link in my email which took me to iTunes page to launch application but it just took me to the album on iTunes to pre order it nothing to play at all. So I clicked the stream link from the homepage in iTunes and its still the same. Won't play anything for me nothing is highlighted to even play or preview?

Someone please help?
Post #239741
Posted 15 October 2013 19:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 December 2017 23:06
I got as far as realising I have to download iTunes, which I have done. But I can't get it to work either. It can't access the iTunes store. Maybe my firewall blocking it? Frustrating! I'll have to try and fiddle with it later.
Post #239744
Posted 15 October 2013 19:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
thumbs up!

Standing ovations!

Back to the roots!

Different to ATLS and SKOT - more authentic!

extremly moving songs (sun on sunday, Miss America)!

dancing ear worms like Bones, Always hate me, Postcards!

Already locked in my heart!

Post #239746
Posted 15 October 2013 19:49

Supreme Being

@Jamesblunt29 and Lucia Did you click 'Stream Moon Landing' that is a black box above the picture in the email? Not the blue hyperlink. I did and it asked me to launch itunes, then a different page loaded, with James sitting on his throne

Then you can listen to the interview or play the album.
Post #239754
Posted 15 October 2013 20:03

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
I can watch the interview, but I can not listen to the songs.
Any idea what's wrong? ....please
Post #239758
Posted 15 October 2013 20:30

Supreme Being

Sunlight (15/10/2013)
@Jamesblunt29 and Lucia Did you click 'Stream Moon Landing' that is a black box above the picture in the email? Not the blue hyperlink. I did and it asked me to launch itunes, then a different page loaded, with James sitting on his throne

When I do that it just takes me to the iTunes store page to buy the album....
Post #239762
Posted 15 October 2013 20:42

Supreme Being

It is an itunes page. Have you tried clicking the link in James Tweet? This one http://smarturl.it/moonlandingstream

You need to click launch application when the itunes box shows.
Post #239763
Posted 15 October 2013 20:58

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
try a restart on your computer after you have downloaded the Itune app thingy.

Then click on the link from this website landing page

you may get a message saying do you give permission (to go through your firewall) say yes/agree

you then get taken to the Itune store wait

then the page loads with the buy music stuff wait

a page will load with the album image on the left and an interview on the right wait

below each of these boxes you will see Listen now

click and wait

If it does not work it may be to many people are trying to "listen now" at the same moment in which case give it a few minutes then try again

Post #239764
Posted 15 October 2013 21:09

Supreme Being

Sunlight (15/10/2013)

Yes done all that and more. Just got off the phone after talking to Apple Support for more than an hour. I am exhausted and they were useless. They helped me update my iTunes thats all and now its worse than it was before. Can't even access the home page. Stupid errors keep popping up for no reason. She told me to give it time, I mean what the heck does that mean, the only thing that wouldn't work before was James' stream. I'll keep trying then call them back if I have no luck at all. With such a long phone call though it puts me off ringing them again.

Can't listen to the stream or watch the video
Post #239765
Posted 15 October 2013 21:40

Supreme Being

OK, I've updated iTunes (why don't they give you the latest version anyway when you download it???). And then after clicking on the link several times and not getting anywhere further suddenly the page you described magically appeared. Still can't get the video to play BUT I AM NOW LISTENING TO THE ALBUM!
Post #239766
Posted 15 October 2013 22:50

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 January 2017 10:52
BIG APPLAUSE TO THE MASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to dance with my baby girl on the ukulele...
thanks, big thanks, for the pre-stream !!!!
Post #239773
Posted 15 October 2013 22:51

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 15 November 2014 21:43
just one word: Amazing

Please come to Croatia this time James!
Post #239774
Posted 16 October 2013 03:04

Supreme Being

WooHoo I finally got the iTunes stream to work.

And I am speechless, James has given us another masterpiece of artistry. I knew I would love it but not this much. Its heavenly, of course its got the useless heartfelt sadness along with the cheery happy songs. And listening to it I can see I can relate to some of the songs associated with my own life just as James said I would. Its a perfect 'Moon Landing' for me and I landed well with this little beauty. Well done James you done it again. Definitely a Grammy worth CD of music. Love it
Post #239785
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:03am