James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Bonfire Heart Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
‏The official lyric video:

@JamesBlunt 25 Aug 2013
It's been watched over 1 Million times now... but say goodbye to the lyric video, because the real video is... http://fb.me/2AuZ8HWOU

~~~

Can't wait for Tuesday!

@JamesBlunt 23 Aug 2013
The video for Bonfire Heart will be out next Tuesday! http://fb.me/2KrNKHyzR

deanpiper ‏@deanpiper 25 Aug 2013
Just had a peak at the new @JamesBlunt video for Bonfire Heart. Online from Tuesday. There's an amazing story behind it too! #moonlanding

Post #235107
Posted 25 August 2013 23:10

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

The story behind the videoshoot is probably what James explained in this interview with Greg Tanner during the U.S. promo tour on the first week of August.

Listen at 4:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9XE5QeEFNQ
Post #235115
Posted 26 August 2013 08:42

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 November 2015 11:34
Thanks Aline
Post #235118
Posted 26 August 2013 10:21

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 13 March 2014 12:02
Just watched James new video of Bonfire Heart.

IT'S ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS ,!!! Love it !!!!

All the genuine folk on it makes it PERFECT !

CONGRATULATIONS JAMES X X

Post #235122
Posted 26 August 2013 10:26

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 27 April 2014 09:09
Hey Blunties,
check your emails now. A new message from James and you can watch the video first.
It's great - a lot of impressions, amazing landscape, a beautiful James and the catchy tune.
Love it.
Post #235123
Posted 26 August 2013 10:38

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 June 2017 15:53
it is awesome, James Blunt and Motorbikes; my 2 favourite things. Very cool to see James on a motorbike!
Post #235124
Posted 26 August 2013 11:05
Supreme Being

Last Login: 01 August 2018 22:05
I love it! This video made my day.
Post #235126
Posted 26 August 2013 11:15
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 22 September 2018 20:17
Really nice surpirse this morning when checking my emails. Great video, great song
Post #235129
Posted 26 August 2013 11:18

Supreme Being

I watched it only once but all I can say is WOW! Beautiful! Love it! Full of magical moments captured by the camera. I need to watch it again and again as soon as possible... should I call sick at my job?

Thank you James for giving us the link to watch it before the release.

Post #235130
Posted 26 August 2013 12:44
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 27 September 2017 18:48
Have watched it over & over brilliant video
Post #235132
Posted 26 August 2013 12:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 May 2018 13:50
I've just watched the music video, its great and simple
Post #235133
Posted 26 August 2013 14:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 13:38
Such a sweet video!

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #235136
Posted 26 August 2013 15:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 08 July 2018 19:21
Just watched the video - it is beautiful. It's amazing, clever, simple and James looks so utterly happy and comfortable in it.

I love him taking the pictures of all the local people and just riding through the spectacular landscape - stunning.

The song sounds even better and how lovely at the end with the just married couple.

My husband loved the video too and said the song has really grown on him!

Thanks James for this special treat on mine and my husband's 8th anniversary of meeting up again after 27 years of losing contact.

Love the spirit of the song and the video has captured it completely. One of James' best - a real feel good factor to it

I'm in heaven now!
Post #235139
Posted 26 August 2013 15:25
Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 October 2013 16:47
Don't like song and video... it's rubbish. I have the feeling "Miss America" would have been the better choice for the first single.

Sorry for being so harsh but in my eyes this is the most annoying thing James had ever done. But he's still better than most of the rest of the shitty chart music. Since ATLS the curve is going down extremely. I'm kind of worried about that because James' music was really unique til then.

Hope the other songs on the album are a lot more ambitious just as "Miss America" is.
Post #235140
Posted 26 August 2013 15:54
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Just seen the video via the email i received today. Really enjoyed watching, plenty of action shots of James on his bike and meeting various people during his journey. Best video made for a long time, will be watching video many times in the future.
Post #235141
Posted 26 August 2013 16:09

Supreme Being

Managed to watch it a few more times during my break... Love to see him riding a motorbike, stunning scenery, the badge with the inscription "Veteran Afghanistan", the lady putting her hand on hubby's butt for the picture, the autograph given to the cop and so many other details.

I just keep thinking of all the happiness James brought to the people living in these small towns, especially the newly weds. These are all memories of a lifetime to them. I can feel warmth, happiness and freedom through all the video.

Post #235147
Posted 26 August 2013 17:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 January 2017 23:27
Finally got to watch it during my lunch break. Very warm and simple. I love that the people and the moments captured look real.
Very fun video. Lots of details to look for.
Post #235160
Posted 26 August 2013 19:00

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
OMG what a lovely surprise I just had, when I went into my inbox and found the special preview link for this video - I LOVE IT!!!

I love the spectacular scenery, with James making the most of his 'Easy Rider' role. I love seeing James on the other side of the camera, taking shots of all the interesting characters along the way. I love the feel good factor and James going a bit country and western at the end with his cowboy hat. I just love the whole thing!!!

Thanks so much for giving us the link a day early James, much appreciated! I really hope this video will help to encourage sales of the single and album - certainly I think it may go down well in the States. Well done to everyone involved.

W'fan
Post #235169
Posted 26 August 2013 19:28

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
Uplifting, feelgood stuff and, knowing the backstory, quite touching

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #235172
Posted 26 August 2013 19:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
TheBluntfan (26/08/2013)
Don't like song and video... it's rubbish... Sorry for being so harsh but in my eyes this is the most annoying thing James had ever done.

Don't beat round the bush TheBluntfan, say what you think!

Ah well, you can't please all the folk all the time!

W'fan
Post #235173
Posted 26 August 2013 20:12

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 26 April 2018 23:36
well done the bluntfan....its great to know there are different tastes....happens that I LOVE IT
Post #235178
Posted 26 August 2013 20:15
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 November 2018 17:39
I hope the official lyrics video will stay alive beside the new physical one.

I like both.

Post #235179
Posted 26 August 2013 20:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 June 2018 00:16
I like the new video, I feel it's got the same vibe of happiness as Stay The Night.. as if the people partying on the beach went on to get married and have another party!

I'd love to watch it a couple of more times but my computer is a bit old-school buffering with Vimeo, so I'll check it up properly on YouTube later

Post #235183
Posted 26 August 2013 23:19

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
What a delight this video is for the senses: Seeing James on that bike with that gorgeous scenery all around is just breathtaking. Loving that he's a little scruffy as that's just a bit of icing on the cake for me. Hearing that amazing song throughout is another delight. I can feel the wind in his hair, and his excitement and love for the road just by watching his face. I can almost taste the bugs that he must have ended up with in his mouth without a helmet. That's no fun, but I always wore a helmet...I think. But if I remember the bugs I must not have I guess, it was a long time ago...oh now I'm rambling. What's left, smell? Hmm..I can smell that fresh mountain air. It's truly a treat to watch. I wish I was along for the ride because it all looked so fun!

But..I have to say I don't get the meaning behind all those pictures he's taking. lol Seems very random and actually when I think about it, the only part that really relates to the song is the very end which wasn't even planned!! The couple that found someone to light the spark in their bonfire hearts and were getting married!! But I'm not complaining. James looks wonderful and happy and I loved how he waved the peace sign to the bikes that passed him. The older couple in the beginning really gave me a chuckle. One is never too old to be a little naughty, eh?

Those girls from the Jeep really got around, huh? It's a fun video that's very simple and enjoyable to watch. But I still like the creativity of the lyrics video and how it ties in with the album title. Two is better than one.

Post #235194
Posted 27 August 2013 03:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 December 2018 08:10
I'm okay with the song (it's good, but I have a feeling it's not going to be my favourite on the album), but I think the first "lyrics" video was actually better than this one.

I believe James when he says that these are all "real people" - they don't come across as actors. The bride and groom really did come across as being "real" - her collapse into hubby's arms fits perfectly. And yet, the video feels contrived. Why's he taking the pictures? Why are those two people there with horses? How come the front view of the older couple doesn't match the rear view? Why'd the cop stop him and give him a ticket? (That's what he's signing, I think, not giving an autograph.) The girls in the Jeep? Really? And why is he the only motorcyclist in the video riding without a helmet? (Yeah, I know, the wind in the hair is sexy...)

Having said that, I enjoyed this a lot more than what I've seen from a lot of other artists in the last while. It was good to see a video where the closest thing to twerking was Grandma patting Grandpa's bottom. And yes, I did believe that was a real newlywed couple.

Annec xx
Post #235199
Posted 27 August 2013 03:59

Supreme Being

Suggestion: please don't miss the conversation on James' Facebook page about the videoshoot, it's a must to read. One of the biker, Kevin Anderjaska, kindly shares information about his experience on the set. He answers questions from fans and has lots of good words for James. He clearly said "Wyoming has no helmet laws!"

I know some people don't want to use Facebook, but obviously it has become a highly appreciated complement to this forum (and I emphasize on the word "complement"). There are so many interactions on the video topic that it's impossible to copy everything to post here... and you know that I would do it.

Post #235200
Posted 27 August 2013 04:13

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
OMFG!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!! It's fab!!!!!
Very Nicolas Cage too!

I love everything about it, the bike, the real life people, the real life!!! Oh and James of course!

I had to wait until i got to work last night before i could watch it as my naff computer couldn't cope, but it was well worth the wait

Mr. LD loves it too, from what he saw of it on our stupid computer, that has always been his dream, to ride his bike, which he doesn't have any more, down a long open road in the States, we were going to do this one day but of course he lost a leg, well, there's always me!!!! I could ride it!!!!!

It's ok, i wouldn't put the States at such risk!

Oh and, my local radio station actually played 'Bonfire Heart' at exactly 3.30 this morning....................it's a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one happy bunny

Post #235203
Posted 27 August 2013 08:00

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 26 April 2018 23:36
im happy for you too ld!!!!

im soooooo happy too....
i cried of happiness .....as you said, the real faces, the real party faces, the real marriage....and a shaved james....my fav.....altough bikers should have a beard.....but he looks great!!!!!!!

congrats james!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...now i want james to sing at my wedding too.....
Post #235205
Posted 27 August 2013 08:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
I think it is the best video James has ever made I love it
It hasn't actually played properly for me yet and I did laugh last night when I watched it as the video was in slow time and so was the music it sounded really funny but it is really good to watch it in slow motion. It is beautifully shot, James looks stunning and the scenery is amazing. All I could think was 'I wonder how many bugs James got in his mouth'
It makes me cry every time, but in a good way, I love weddings the bride and groom look ecstatic It is perfect!
Post #235209
Posted 27 August 2013 08:59

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
And of course they are real people; even actors are real people! Whether they are actors or not they look genuinely really happy God some people have got to pick holes in everything!
Post #235210
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:43am