James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Sun On Sunday Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 18 November 2018 17:37
James had never heard Buddy Holly's "Raining in my Heart" before??  To an oldie like me that's really hard to believe, I thought everyone knew Buddy Holly! 

Matt, I love your insights into the recording process, thank you for taking the time to write so much for us here.
Post #241275
Posted 01 November 2013 15:34

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 26 April 2018 23:36
i didnt know it either A friend...well...i guess theres ALWAYS a chance for THE FIRST time...how romantic....imagining James a virgin of the Buddy Jolys.....seems weird...but...bo.....
Post #241276
Posted 01 November 2013 18:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
thank you Matt for your exciting story

So much hard work for this overwhelming superb song.

Post #241287
Posted 01 November 2013 20:26
Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 November 2018 17:37
Great idea, Lee, but I'm having huge difficulty in imagining James as any kind of a virgin!!
Post #241292
Posted 01 November 2013 21:33
Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 December 2018 18:37
Thank you Matt,

It's amazing how you pulled us, not really inside but beneath the sounds.

I like very much the fact about old and new mixing together, making a sound that never was before. That's really something. 

Also, how the weaving of different backgrounds and references, James, Toms, yours and all who worked on the album creates kind of a web of those connections that results in a song. The artistic and artistry blending in each other. I think thats the way it feels similar to B2B, that the songs feel crafted.

Thanks

who didn't laugh in the Danzig video? Haha i couldn't stop myself. The times they are a changing.

Post #241294
Posted 07 November 2013 08:31
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 December 2017 14:07
Matt, thank you so much for these details!!!! It makes this song a totally different experience.
You are a real artist. Wow, i wish i had that much insight on music.
Also wanted to thank you for keeping us ´naive´ about this one for a while. That was very thoughtful of you. Personally i am glad you did it that way because something unusual about this song happened to me during that time.
When first hearing it i thought it was very beautiful but something wasn´t exactly right or i should say different in the course of the song from what i had expected it to be and it took me some time to get used to. Then-like a slow developing love affair- something happened and changed my view on it. I started to crave that song completely.
Now playing the album i play this one right away, it is so good! It takes me where i want to be and gives me everything i need...complete change from before. Strangely, i don´t even feel what i felt before at all anymore and can´t go back to recall what it was. Blinded, i guess.
All your information made me aware of why i crave this song so much. It was good to get to this point myself but now it feels good to know why and what it is that makes it so special.
I really enjoy checking out your music, too. Thanks!
Post #241636
Posted 08 November 2013 14:17

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 December 2018 13:38
Honestly, if Sun On Sunday came out with a really "poetic, soul touching" video, there's not doubt that it would do well. Probably to the extent that "You're Beautiful" did.

It's gotta be a simple video though. No fancy shmancy effects or complicated story.

Look at the You're Beautiful vid. James' expression captures it all.

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #241709
Posted 10 November 2013 15:12
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 November 2018 17:39
I feel touched by this Sun on Sunday - more than by any other song for years.

Only Lionel Richie's "Hello" touched me in almost the same way.

Post #241851
Posted 11 November 2013 02:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 January 2017 23:27
Absolutely love this song...there is just something about it.
Still my favourite
Post #241887
Posted 18 December 2013 23:17

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 December 2018 21:36

marie m
Posted Yesterday @ 18:40

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sing SUN ON SUNDAY James on your latest tour! I have been to all your UK tours - Harewood House being the most memorable. I am one of your biggest fans (of course) and am coming to see you in Manchester on 17 April and cant wait! I love most of your songs but on each album there are always the memorable ones! Sun on Sunday has got to be your best song ever. i absolutely ADORE it! Well done James - yet again!!!

Marie W Sheffield
Post #243460
Posted 02 January 2014 22:47

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 03 January 2014 01:03
I love all the songs on Moonlanding. But if this song - which I love- had been played on New Years I would have cried.
James Blunt eh. Miserable song artiste - that some love to hate. Has gone and done it again.
Post #244012
Posted 09 January 2014 00:32

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 16 April 2014 17:02
I like this song more for the way it is sung. Is it a 'yearning' song?
Saying the same phrase as he knows he has hurt the other? like he feels bad for it.
Post #244295
Posted 09 November 2014 02:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
The most powerfully emotional song on the Moon Landing album, both musically and lyrically in my humble opinion. This song holds a special place in my heart, and stirs up many personal memories - and has a touch of synchronicity about it too.
Thank you to everyone involved in the making of this beautiful song.
Post #259285
Posted 09 November 2014 12:29

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 21:16
I'll second that Annmarie, one of my favourites too
Post #259298
Posted 09 November 2014 14:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
This is an achingly beautiful song. I wish he would put this one back in. I guess he doesn't want too many miserable songs.
Post #259304
Posted 07 January 2016 15:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
Sun on Sunday, to me sound like a broken marriage. The woman is disconnecting from the relationship, each tear, each empty smile is a death closer to the end. I think it's a marriage because a woman would fade away like this, only if she doesn't have the option to leave another way. The man finally recognizes this, and he is saying he wants to make it right.

I just think this story is unusual. If the relationship is to the point where the woman is so jaded, she doesn't even bother to nag anymore, and she is just going to fade away, chances are the man has been deeply neglectful of his wife. Then the divorce happens, and he swears that he was blind sided, because all along every thing has been so peaceful, and going so well. But good for him for noticing.

It's curious, I just can't believe this is about James' life.
Post #273765
Posted 27 February 2017 22:49

Supreme Being

Last Login: 09 November 2017 17:21
Something I read in one of the articles shared to do with afterlove promotion made me go back and listen to this song again. The article was written by someone who had listened to a press copy of the whole afterlove album doing a sort of review. I'm not one to dissect the songs deeper meaning because I like music and to find my own meaning as to how it makes me feel not trying to work out if there is a hidden message. But I thought I read this was a song about the fans, the followers. Now with all the weird stuff going on with the forum not being accessible and post disappearing I may have got it totally wrong but curiosity got me to really listen to this song again and I don't think I imagined the comment. The reviewer was talking about how on the Moonlanding album this song had been written about James relationship with his fan base then went on to talk about one of the songs off the Afterlove album and how it described a similar relationship. So go back and really listen to Sun on Sunday and see what you think
Post #281634
Posted 28 February 2017 17:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
bella1977 (27/02/2017)

... But I thought I read this was a song about the fans, the followers. Now with all the weird stuff going on with the forum not being accessible and post disappearing I may have got it totally wrong but curiosity got me to really listen to this song again and I don't think I imagined the comment. The reviewer was talking about how on the Moonlanding album this song had been written about James relationship with his fan base then went on to talk about one of the songs off the Afterlove album and how it described a similar relationship. So go back and really listen to Sun on Sunday and see what you think

hmmm ... interesting perspective, I like it.

Is the article you're talking about, perhaps, the The Times article "He's got cred"? JBfan post it in the news section.
Post #281640
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:10am