James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

New Merchandise Expand / Collapse
Author

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 20 March 2018 08:02
Hello everyone!

A brief introduction - my name's Erik and I'm working with James to come up with some brand new merchandise that we can make available on this website for everyone world-wide.

We have some ideas already of course, but if we're going to be making it for YOU, then we thought the best thing to do was to ask you what you want!

So, suggest away - anything and everything from the more traditional t-shirts, hoodies, and mugs, to tea towels, baby-grows, umbrellas and frisbees! Any emblems, logos, lyrics, photos, or artwork you'd like to see? Are you an extra-slim or a XXXL? Black, blue, pink, green, or rainbow tie-dye?

Let us know... I'm looking forward to it!

-erik
Post #211020
Posted 13 March 2012 11:30
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 29 January 2017 15:38
Hi Erik!
I think that is a great idea!
I, personally, would love to have a key ring. It was in the merchandise on the All the lost souls tour but mine is broken since a year Also an umbrella would be fantastic. Maybe a black one with some lyrics on it, if that is not too much work. I would LOVE that.
Shirts are always fantastic and I'd go for some brighter colours, not just black, white, grey, dark colours

I'm really looking forward to the new merch ))
Post #211021
Posted 13 March 2012 12:25

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:12
Hi Erik omg I love your avatar
I will have a think about it
Post #211023
Posted 13 March 2012 12:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 March 2017 17:16
hi Erik!

Id like t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, magnets, umbrellas and like Sina said key rings would be nice.... I like the idea that some of the merchandise would have some lyrics of the songs... yes and the merchandise can be colorful!!

Post #211028
Posted 13 March 2012 13:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 January 2019 17:42
Hey Erik,

I don't know about you but most of us have taken our fair share of pics at a Blunty concert. It'd be nice to have a custom photo case/book to put them in.

You know, one of those books with the plastic inserts so you can slide developed prints in them? Something with his logo and name on the front.

That'd be sweet.

Lina

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #211030
Posted 13 March 2012 13:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: 01 April 2015 18:03
Hi Eric!

Such a great idea!

Telling you truth i never bought  on this website because i couldn't find something i really like,but i would love to...

Hm, I have to think about...,but now  i would say ..Mugs (with "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL" (better in red )-in this case every morning will be just perfect because JB thinks you are beautiful! ,magnets (Monkey's King),T-shirts (M size)-i think perfect in black ,red,white;umbrellas with lyrics;key chains (You are beautiful)...

Actually i believe that people like to think positive and whatever helps them do so.. its very welcome...thats why "you are beautiful" became so popular i think...because everyone got a hope! ..funny but truth...so i think cool idea to make this line of merchandise based on "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL"

Post #211032
Posted 13 March 2012 14:32

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 19:18
Hi Erik! I think I would like to have your avatar for real!

This is my first attempt, a monkey king teddy, the real one, no an imitation, and with the logo on it

I have other ideas but I'm not sure if I like them...

Post #211033
Posted 13 March 2012 14:39
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Hi Erik

I think most of us would love to see a official JB calendar for 2013, it would sell like hot cakes.
I also would like to see womens t-shirts in a bigger size, the large t-shirts that have been sold in the past was more like a medium size.
Live DVDs from the BTB, ATLS and SKOT tours.
Guitar picks
Set lists from various tours
Promo postcards
Official photos from various gigs
James blunt watch and clock
Purse/wallet
Mouse mats
Duvet cover with monkey king logo

Post #211034
Posted 13 March 2012 14:51

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:12
Ooooh I've just thought of a pillowcase with a picture of James on
They would sell really well I reckon.
Post #211036
Posted 13 March 2012 16:47
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 20 May 2013 13:00
Hello Erik,

I am not much of a merchandise buyer; however - James posted picture of this fab t-shirt. It read - "I lost my virginity to James Blunt". What abot making knickers with the same slogan? I can't see James objecting to that.

PS: To any parents who are reading this - I am NOT responsible for Mr Blunt's actions

Katrina

Post #211041
Posted 13 March 2012 17:13

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 June 2018 00:16
I've always liked pin badges, whether they're sold individually (limited edition?) or in packs of 4 for example. They're both timeless and subtle so even people who are closet fans can still wear their Blunty stripes without feeling like they need to make a commitment in buying a t-shirt, for example.

Post #211043
Posted 13 March 2012 17:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 April 2017 19:41
Hi Eric!
It is a great piece of news we will have new merchandize!
I would vote for any kind of USB sticks, key-rings, mini umbrellas that fits to handbag, magnets and hand/bag reflectors for pedestrians to be visible for drivers in the dark that can be various shapes, sizes and colours...
I still need to think what else it could be. And... I love the monkey king logo. Can we have it on new things?
Post #211045
Posted 13 March 2012 19:16

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 March 2014 18:32
Neckwear (for spring and summer), shoes, bottle opener with monkey king logo, bath towel and backpack with monkey king logo and lyrics would be nice.
Post #211050
Posted 13 March 2012 19:35
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 05 April 2014 22:26
Hi,
I think that's a great idea! I especially love the umbrella and extra colours for t-shirts! Maybe we could do a lyric poll to find out favourites?
Looking forward to seeing this in progress!
Post #211051
Posted 13 March 2012 19:38

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
Hi Eric,

I'd agree with lady blunt a calender for 2013 with pictures from the last tour, would be great.

Also colorful t-shirts with a bigger monkey-king logo in the middle, maybe a black monkey-king on a red shirt for example or red and white, blue and white...

Post #211052
Posted 13 March 2012 20:00

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2017 15:31
Hi Eric, yes that it's a great idea!
I'm looking for stickers for my car, would be super monkey king! A calendar would be fantastic, otherwise dvds, pictures ...
Post #211056
Posted 13 March 2012 20:49

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Hey, looking good Erik!

I am repeating some of the ideas here but definitely larger sized T-shirts for the real women out here!
Annual calendar

Umbrella with monkey king logo

Shoulder bag with monkey king logo

T-shirts with the bands names on also

Monkey king necklace/bracelet/ring

A lock of James hair? Am i pushing it now?

By the end of the day James will be bald though so maybe not such a good idea

Post #211067
Posted 13 March 2012 22:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
Hi Erik!

OMG you have no idea how happy I am to read this message! I thought it all ended when the tour came to an end but you guys are still working on some new merchandise! Thank you so much and also a big thank you to James!

I went to several concerts in several countries but when I saw the merchandise at the concert in Halle I was shocked! .. They had SO many items that I had NEVER seen before .. Hoodies with the monkey king logo on it, black t-shirts with James' name on them, a cap .. even a bag for your iPad or whatever .. So my point is .. I saw A LOT of items there that I had never seen at other concerts.

I wanted to buy some shirts etc. but all the small sizes were sold out already. I thought that I might be able to buy them at other concerts but unfortunately the only things they sold at the merchandise stand were the same items as the online merchandise shop so I was kind of disappointed. But this totally makes up for that!

I definitely love roarrig's idea .. a monkey king teddy is a must have!

Well I would love to see these items if possible:

- More live DVD's
- Pillow cases
- Calendars
- Guitar picks (with his name, autograph etc. and maybe also with the name of the band members)
- (Leather) wristband with James' name etched into it or maybe a sentence from one of his lyrics.
Or maybe something like "Bedlamite" , "Lost soul" , "Troublemaker"
- Monkey king necklace for sure! Silver would be nice!
- Scarfs
- Keyrings
- Umbrella (In different colors with the monkey king logo or a maybe with different parts of his
lyrics. Maybe something like "It's just tears and rain"
- Wallet
- Bags with the monkey king logo printed on them
- And last but not least .. More hoodies and T-shirts please! .. Not only black and grey ones but maybe more colorful ones (baby blue for example, my favorite color ) and not only with his name and the monkey king logo printed on them but maybe also some funny "typical James quotes" or maybe some parts of some of his lyrics?

And now about those hoodies and t-shirts .. I am a very petite girl and most of the shirts don't come in XS. I bought a size S from the fitted t-shirts but they still don't fit the way they should fit. I really need a XS. Is it possible to also produce some XS shirts?

And maybe some shirts with V necks instead of round necks because the round necks are so tight .. And maybe some shirts with V necks instead of round necks because the round necks are so tight .. It really sounds like I'm complaining but I'm not .. really .. I just want to be able to enjoy the t-shirts by feeling comfortable wearing them. I'm really happy and grateful for this!
Post #211072
Posted 13 March 2012 22:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
OMG I'm SO sorry for the long post .. I guess I got a little bit overexcited. My list isn't even complete yet. There were so many other things I wanted a while ago but I can't remember them at the moment

lonelydancer (13/03/2012)

I am repeating some of the ideas here but definitely larger sized T-shirts for the real women out here!

So LD .. I guess I'm not a real woman then .. Thanks a lot!

(Just kidding )

Post #211073
Posted 13 March 2012 22:59

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 February 2017 06:33
I'd pretty much like to repeat ladyblunt's list.
Post #211075
Posted 13 March 2012 23:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
Love the idea of a "tears and rain" umbrella

How about:

- iPhone / iPad / laptop skins of various designs
- data stick
- badges/pins
- compact mirror
- mini make up case (say with a pattern made up of loads of small monkey kings)
- small embossed leather coin purse
- sunglasses/spectacle slipcase
- pocket diary or notebook perhaps with pages with a watermarked logo of some kind - and with a lyric of the day, or week perhaps. Sure folk round here could suggest appropriate or favourite lines
- silk scarves of various designs

Particularly like the monkey king logo on stuff - discreet, tasteful and not out and out fan-ish. Understated is the word I'm looking for.

Dare I mention a JB action man figure!!! - remember that thread?

Really appreciate the opportunity to have an input - thank you!!

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #211076
Posted 14 March 2012 01:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 January 2019 19:43
Hi Erik,

Good choice for your avatar.

It's a great idea to offer new merchandise because we are big fans all year long and not only during a world tour. I like many ideas in the previous posts:

- A medium size notebook with Monkey King design all over it and watermarked ones inside

- "Tears and Rain" umbrella or with other lyrics

- A JB action man figure (definitely a must, good point Noblebones It reminds me my interview on Ms Honey's talk show )

- Custom photo book with loads of small Monkey Kings (did I mention that I love the Monkey King logo? )

- Promo postcards with advertisements from the three world tours or good pictures of the man himself.

- Live DVDs (a girl can dream )

- CD or download with early demos (ok, it's just wishful thinking here )

Thank you Erik and James for working on this project for us.

Post #211081
Posted 14 March 2012 07:19

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 00:47
A Lighter
Post #211086
Posted 14 March 2012 07:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 00:47
A light is something you don't mind lending to a stranger as longs as they give it back.  Ps its amazing the conversation you can have all through a lighter, when made to stand outside in the pouring rain.
Post #211087
Posted 14 March 2012 12:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
 I've never seen a shirt , with only the outline(contour) of the logo on it. I was thinking about, having the logo in the middle a lots bigger and only the outline(contour) in another color. Hope its understandable.
Post #211090
Posted 14 March 2012 12:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2017 13:20
Hi Erik, Nice idea asking us punters. Here's mine....

#1 I reckon a little JB branded LED torch/torch keyring would be a great idea. Not only would it be very handy to put on your keys, but it could also double up as a lighter for fans to wave about at gigs.

#2 Last year Elbow launched their very own brand of beer - 'Build A Rocket Boys' and I Like Trains launched their own tea -I L TEA. Perhaps we could have a similar product? JB's very own brand of Chocolate perhaps?

#3 Music in the form of about 10 songs written and performed by James and presented and arranged on a CD (or digital download) with accompanying artwork. Not sure, but I think this idea could be a winner.

#4 A James Blunt branded squeezy stress ball
Post #211091
Posted 14 March 2012 13:53
Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 December 2017 14:07
Hey Erik,
thanks for asking! This is cool, like a christmas wish list
You already have some great ideas In addition, I know its a little weird but you said ask for anything, I would like to have

a dog leash, or maybe two for boy and girl (my dogs are huge fans:cool

bigger notebooks (like DINA4 size in German)
keyrings
a really cuddly sweatshirt (S or M) in a nice colour like pink, light green or blue
cool stickers for the car

also like the umbrella(cute idea ruby! Tears and rain)
pictures of the man
live DVDs (yes!)

lyrics are cool, monkeys and maybe sth James designs

Thank you, excited to see what will be picked!
Post #211094
Posted 14 March 2012 13:57

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
Someone mention chocolate??!!!!! Think that would be very popular, but would it be in solid or spreadable form? Okay, sorry, but someone was bound to ask

Marmite might also be a good one, but a bit obvious.

I know Richard Hawley sells his own labelled Henderson's Relish at his gigs and the Parlotones have their own wine named after their songs (red - Giant Mistake, white - Push Me to the Floor). Genius!

Like the torch / keyring combo idea - and using it at gigs.

Cracking ideas Gromit

(ps - just going back to the badges/pins idea, some creative soul created some gorgeous ones for some folk who attended the German shows - they looked like a beer bottle top. Very quirky and covetable.)

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #211095
Posted 14 March 2012 14:42

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2017 20:57
Well, I liked the GREY scarf from the last tour but by the time I made a decision it was replaced by a different one...

However, as I'm looking forward to the summer now, I won't waste much thought on scraves.
Post #211098
Posted 14 March 2012 14:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 April 2017 19:41
I second kejy, can we get those warm soft grey scarfs with monkey king logo again?
I missed my chance to get it too
Post #211099
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:33pm