James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««123»»

Perceived vs. real personality Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
Billy has to disagree with Agnes, otherwise if we stopped talking he might be out of a job here.

Just teasing, Billy.

This place is a wonderful place to share our feelings about James' music. Besides I never met a more sane group of people than us.
Post #20461
Posted 18 June 2009 04:45

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
I have read your responses to my latest post. Each of you is nothing but a patsy. You talk, you write, but you do not do anything. You are all a cheap excuse of worship and support, just like the rest of the world. When was the last time that you did anything for any meaningful cause? I spent all of my live trying to help people – medical field, military. What have you done? I identified with Mr. Blunt’s music because I happened to have similar experiences in and outside of the military.
When I read your “agreeable” comments, it makes me sick. Find a hobby, find a charity, get a life, but, please, get off my back. I will not “take anyone one” to the battle of experiences. I had have enough.
Post #20462
Posted 18 June 2009 05:40

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Oh i'm sorry Agnes we were under the impression you were off having a life!! I find you a bit rude and presumptious! I have a hobby, i have a few charities that i try to help when i can but don't find the need to bang on about it, as i'm sure all the other 'Patsy's' on this board do too! I also have a life, you know nothing about us, if it makes us happy to join up on the boards for a natter, what is it to you? We are proud of James for bringing so many people together through his music, so you go and do what makes you happy and we will carry on with what makes us happy, if that's alright with you! I don't feel any of us have 'got on your back' with any of our posts either! See ya!
Post #20463
Posted 18 June 2009 06:12

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

You know, basically, knowing about me, and I know basically about You – other than that You were the first to respond to my blog “ Do any of us know his true personality? “ Sit back, think about it. What is it that made You the first one to defend him and criticize me. This is just a discussion forum. Please, answer me.
Post #20464
Posted 18 June 2009 10:40
Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 February 2015 01:36
Agnes, I've noticed you mentioned earlier that your ex-husband was in Vietnam. I don't want to hi-jack this thread by discussing a different topic but I am personally interested to know what your husband's experience was Agnes, although I understand if you don't want to write anything on this thread. If you wanted to send me a Private Message just click on my user name and then on 'PM' to the left of the window that pops up.

I know someone who did a tour in Vietnam during the late 60's, so some of the experiences he had there I'm familiar with. I think war itself is bound to effect a person, but also while there his platoon were out on a mission in the jungle when aircraft drenched the area in defoliant, literally soaking the guys to the skin - they slept and lived in those reeking clothes for another 4 days and nights before returning to base camp. When he returned home his health was already being affected and he's been chronically ill every since.
Post #20465
Posted 18 June 2009 12:12

Supreme Being

Neither did i defend James or criticise you in that post, it was a simple fact! I really can't see how you thought i was criticising you, please explain!

Confused from Dorset
Post #20466
Posted 18 June 2009 15:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 July 2013 00:44
agnes, so you know, MANY of us here have contributed shiploads of $$$ to the charity Doctors Without Borders.
Is that meaningless?

you're pretty new to the boards, so you probably don't know what MANY of us do know about each other, that we contribute quite positively to the communities we're in. I for one collect food for the shelters whose shelves are bare b/c of the economy, and I just enrolled in a 20-year cancer prevention study; a friend across the pond is very often putting together chairty auctions to raise $$$ for the homeless; another few I know of works w/ the elderly w/ severe disabilities; others I know of are always trying to raise $$$ and awareness to cancer causes. I can go on and on.
Is that meaningless? Are we all patsies for that?

MANY of us I know have become great friends here, who visit each other when there isn't even a James show to go to.
Do you think that qualifies us as 'not having a life?'

True, most of us here haven't been to war first-hand like James, and apparently you, but does that mean we can't relate to his music? I just don't get how someone can accuse such a group of ppl you don't know as being so closed-minded.

And I thought you had enough, btw?
Post #20467
Posted 18 June 2009 15:28
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
I didn't defend, either....I merely expressed surprise about the whole having a personality thing.

I find it curious that none of us losers here could possibly have an insight into our own interpretations of James's music because we don't really know him, yet we're all analyzed as lifeless losers by a total stranger.

I'll never figure this world out.

*off to listen to 'back to bedlam' and continue to become dumber by the moment*
Post #20468
Posted 18 June 2009 18:51

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
OK, just had to say that I find this thread disturbing. Agnes, you sound very bitter and it seems you are taking that bitterness out on us. Your first question I feel doesn't even make much sense because unless you know James personally how do you know what his true personality is really like?

Also, all the good you say you do or have done is being canceled out with the way you are treating us here. You say we need to get lives and help more in the world. How do you know that we aren't doing just that? Why should we have to defend ourselves to you? How does it hurt you personally if we come here and chat with friends we have made at this site and discuss James? And by the way, we discuss all topics and not just James.

Honestly, I do wonder about people that think they are better than others and try to make others feel inferior (makes me feel that they must not feel very good about themselves). I don't think that helps the world in any way!! We are supposed to treat each other kindly. I am not going to defend myself and list what I do to help charities because I don't find that is necessary. But I do my part. I don't think we need a mother to tell us what to do here. If you don't agree with coming here to chat and getting a little escape from the real world then maybe you should find something else to do that you do like and not ridicule others that may enjoy this in their spare time. Live and let live. I have a full life, thank you very much.

What has James done to you personally that you feel the need to call us patsies for enjoying his music and discussing his journey? I am nobody's patsy and we are all proud to be his fans. It sounds like you have a personal grudge against him. I think you would do better being kinder to people. It gets you farther in life.
Post #20469
Posted 18 June 2009 21:41

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 20:28
I think people who identify themselves with James Blunt music have already found the key to open closed hearts and try to do good things whatever they are. It is no shame when somebody´s idol is a musician if he is positive. These days many young people don´t know what good idols are. Why shouldn´t it be a musician then? The first time I´ve heard and saw James in 2005 I was really positiv impressed by him. He opened my heart for any relevant problems in the world. Anyway for thirteen years my job was to help handicaped children and handicaped adults and I know what it means to do this job until you are close to get "down to the bone".

And apart from that: MUSIC IS FUN; HAPPYNESS and A POSTIVE DRUG TO HEAL YOUR SOUL!!!
WE WANT MORE MUSIC OF JAMES BLUNT!!!!!!!!!

Mona P.
Post #20470
Posted 18 June 2009 22:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
Wow, I've been away from the boards for a while, and come back to find this! I think this is an interesting topic, as James has stated that his music is like his autobiography, and that gives it an air of mystery especially when so many of us can relate to his music and lyrics. I don't think there is any need to criticise other boardies for the time they spend on the boards discussing such issues. We do have lives outside Bluntyville, but we are passionate fans, so why wouldn't we wish to discuss interesting topics surrounding James and his music? Surely that is what we joined the boards for in the first place? We all have something in common - and judgements cannot be made on individuals. I work full-time, do voluntary work part-time, and I enjoy James' music - oh and did I mention I do have a life?! lol
Post #20471
Posted 19 June 2009 01:12

You are all probably right about me. Please accept my apologies. I have my reasons, but it gives me no right to take it out on all of You. I am sorry.
Post #20472
Posted 19 June 2009 02:34

Supreme Being

Hi Agnes, I think your apology is very insightful and I can't speak for the others but I certainly appreciate it. You might think us a little foolish and wasteful of our time coming here and sharing ourselves but for me the truth is coming here has made me a better person, the way I suppose you think we be. My experience of being connected to this site has opened my eyes to a different world, an international world not just that little corner of Canada I inhabit. I have been exposed to all facets of life by others' visions through their thoughts and words. In our small little world here, to paraphrase James, we have seen peace, pain, birth, death, fear, , truth lies and all those emotions in between and if we want to talk about them once again, we come here and we 'cry' on each others' shoulders because we're friends.
Post #20473
Posted 19 June 2009 04:32

Thank you TrixieF. You have no idea how much that means to me. I am bitter. I have a problem trusting people. All those whom I had considered friends, abandoned me. I do not seek sympathy; I do not even pursuit new friendships.
I once wrote that “I will abandon the world before it learns to abound me”. Wishful thinking. I may no longer be the faithful fool, but I still believe in the good in some people.
Judging from all of your discussions and comments, I believe that You are just that. Not to mention the penmanship – all of you write well and very intelligently.
Post #20474
Posted 19 June 2009 05:12

Supreme Being

Agnes, a very kind friend of these boards said to me this place can be magical at its best and I believe this to be so true. The kindness, generousity and support to each other here has no bounds. No demands are made nor are you expected to fit the mold. Come, be you, and share some time with us and you just might find yourself wearing some of that magic dust .
Post #20475
Posted 19 June 2009 05:31

Thank you TrixieF. You have no idea how much that means to me. I am bitter. I have a problem trusting people. All those whom I had considered friends, abandoned me. I do not seek sympathy; I do not even pursuit new friendships.
I once wrote that “I will abandon the world before it learns to abound me”. Wishful thinking. I may no longer be the faithful fool, but I still believe in the good in some people.
Judging from all of your discussions and comments, I believe that You are just that. Not to mention the penmanship – all of you write well and very intelligently.
Post #20476
Posted 19 June 2009 05:32

Supreme Being

No problem Agnes, we all have our moments on here too, lol! If you ever want to talk we are all really good listeners on here and we don't bite x
Post #20477
Posted 19 June 2009 11:52

Supreme Being

I also accept your apology, Agnes. I believe in forgiveness if the person is sincere and I think you're sincere. Everyone has issues and that is another reason why we come here--for moral support and understanding and a few kind words. I think we're a good little group and can be very welcoming (unless we or James are attacked for no good reason) So if you stick around maybe you will find we really aren't that bad after all and you might even enjoy it.

Who says we don't bite, lonelydancer?
Post #20478
Posted 19 June 2009 12:01

Supreme Being

Well ok, maybe the occasional nibble! x
Post #20479
Posted 19 June 2009 12:07

Supreme Being

A little nibble never hurt anyone.
Post #20480
Posted 19 June 2009 21:50

Supreme Being

Agnes, we are a community here and everyone is welcome here to write comments! We all don´t know what it means to be a soldier in a real war... we only can imagine. There´s no need to feel bitter. You have choosen to join yourself in the Blunt- Community and I´m interested in your comments. I´m here because I´m a mega- Blunt- music- fan and it´s fun to discuss with strange people from all around the world!

" It`s because of music... and music is the key "

Mona P.
Post #20481
Posted 19 June 2009 22:50

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 September 2017 06:10
["...what on earth are you people doing discussing it on and on again. .... This whole "blogging" and chat rooms is just an excuse for not focusing on one's life or what is going on in the world...."]

This kinda confused me..... and this thread has gone in a few directions but I wanted to add a few more thoughts.....just from my own point of view on the subject.....and some may agree or all will disagree...??? I have no way of knowing what others think 'until' the conversations/posts are shared .......

1. Forum = a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.

2. This is the 'James Blunt Message Board'.

3. Not all musicians have chosen to put together/maintain a message board. Since he has, I think he is inviting people from all corners of the planet to share and discuss life and all it has to offer....(or he would of just had a site posting his newsletters, tours and albums....)

4. James Blunt, his employees (Billy), staff and/or company monitors this site and has the authority to edit, post, delete and organize the site as he desires.

5. This forum is divided into sections that James Blunt (or his company) wanted. There are areas to discuss him and the members of his band, news, music, live shows, misc and games. If he had only wanted a section about music or live shows, then that is what he would have designed. Instead he has given us the freedom to come here and talk about any topic we may enjoy and/or think about.

6. Topics in the threads/posts are deleted when/if they offend or such topics are restricted for personal or business reasons. Threads that remain on the message board .... are topics we can openly share our thoughts about.

7. This site is open to all, meaning it does not require yearly/monthly membership fees nor does it force you to be involved, post or read. People come here by their own choice and are able to go/stay as they please....(as long as the rules are followed)

8. Communication IS a part of one's life. By coming here, we are opening the doors to learn more about the world, new friends and ourself.

How does that line go...."If you build it....they will come!"

Well......James Blunt did..... and here we are!!!!
Post #20482
Posted 19 June 2009 22:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 September 2017 06:10
???What's the purpose of having a forum.... if people don't post their views???
Post #20483
Posted 19 June 2009 23:17

Supreme Being

Hi Akayaandme,
your right. Let´s talk about Jame`s Music!

Mona P.
Post #20484
Posted 19 June 2009 23:29

Supreme Being

TrixieF - I could not have put it better myself! I think you just about summed up what this board is about in one posting... apology accepted Agnes, and welcome to the boards... enjoy!
Post #20485
Posted 20 June 2009 05:59

In order to share a passion, two or more people need to reveal, to a certain extent, their passions for someone or something. It appears obvious that that passion here is James Blunt and His music. I have never met Him and, yet, his lyrics have consumed me. But like a poet in me, or a painter in someone else, I wonder, what do You think is more important - the creator or the creation?
Post #20486
Posted 20 June 2009 07:11

Supreme Being

I think the creation is the most important (but without the creator it wouldn't exist!). I think James' experiences and emotions are reflected in his music. The passion for his creation and the emotion behind the songs show through in his lyrics and performances. I think this is what makes him quite unique, and has an air of mystery about it. This is why many of us analyse his songs so much, to try to understand the depth of the inspiration, the person behind the raw talent that has such an impact on our own feelings. I personally feel that since 2004, I have lived a rollercoaster life, with James music carrying me through the ups and downs. It is something I can relate to, as can so many of us for our own reasons.

OK, waffle over! lol
Post #20487
Posted 20 June 2009 10:03

Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 February 2011 22:24
When a writer or artist (whether it's a novelist, muscian or painter, etc) creates something that interests me, a part of me wonders how much of the artists own personality is in it. It has me wondering how much of their own experiences have been represented in the work and what their personal opinions are about those issues. I think it's likely that alot of what's created is a mixture of his/her own life experiences and some borrowed insights that have resonated on some level them.
I'd love to gather a bunch of my fav muso's and writers and party with them. I'd be really intrigued to know what their motivations have been to write what they have, but I think it's unlikey that my pre-conceived ideas about their personality based on just their work and very little other real facts about the person would would be accurate at all. Better off just enjoying their work from afar, not too close...like a Monet!
Post #20488
Posted 20 June 2009 12:56

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 July 2013 00:44
..."his lyrics have consumed me."

Look at that, Agnes, you are just like all of us!!!

Welcome
Post #20489
Posted 20 June 2009 13:03
Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 February 2015 01:36
Agnus thank you for your open and candid apology and I hope you will become a fervent fan of these boards too. Trixie brilliantly encapsulated precisely what makes this website more than somewhere to read information about James' songs and music etc, because it's so interactive - and if you haven't discovered already there is also a 'Poet's Corner' .....

http://forum.jamesblunt.com/viewtopic.php?p=173946#173946
Post #20490
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««123»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:32am