James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

123»»»

Perceived vs. real personality Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
What happened between 2007 and now? I may be wrong, but the lyrics no longer fit your personality.
Post #20431
Posted 03 June 2009 09:07

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Do any of us know his true personality?
Post #20432
Posted 03 June 2009 14:53
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 18 November 2017 18:24
Dear agnes.hogan,

Welcome to the board! Could you please explain a little more about the lyrics not fitting to James' personality?

Cheers,
Senttu
Post #20433
Posted 03 June 2009 15:50

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 23 February 2012 14:03
Perhaps he's evolving! After all, we are all the result of our own personal experiences!
Post #20434
Posted 04 June 2009 22:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 20:28
Hello agnes.hogan,
I don´t have a clue what you mean!!! Please explain.

Mona P.
Post #20435
Posted 05 June 2009 02:21
Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2011 21:34
he has one? I thought that was just a myth!
Post #20436
Posted 05 June 2009 05:09

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Look everyone; I most likely do not have an idea of what I am talking about. And I am completely new to the “blog” and “worshiping” songwriters and performers. I live a boring live and, by accident, I heard James’ “Cry”. I am a poet – unpublished, and his lyrics just touched me. That does not happen to me very often. I betrayed my own motto – do not try to get involved with what may be going on in an artist’s head. This is my price. I can relate to these lyrics. That is the problem.
Post #20437
Posted 05 June 2009 07:05
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

oh dončt kid yourself james is one smart cookie and so is billy for that matter i bet hes the type of guy that can see where someone is trying to pull the wool over him or presenting themselves as something their not..keep up the good work billy and james and keep your eyes fully awake on this thread,looks like its going to be a perceptive one.
Post #20438
Posted 05 June 2009 20:03
Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 March 2011 02:13
I don't really get what's going on here!
Post #20439
Posted 05 June 2009 22:29

Supreme Being

I read this thread again and again and don´t get the clue what´s the problem here. My advice: enjoy the music of James, read his lyrics and be busy in learning to aware who he is, where he was before getting a professional musician and in what situation he is now. To me the lyrics and the music of ATLS are the product of a very intelligent and sensitve and positive human being named James Blunt who talks over his experiences in life and his fears and his hopes.
Enjoy this music and I tell you it tells you much for life because this man was a soldier in a real war and I guess he knows what he is talking and singing about.
When you listen to his music what is wonderful, I´m sure you go on a journey with your soul.

Peace... Mona P.
Post #20440
Posted 05 June 2009 22:39

I had served the military for 20 years and my late husband served two tours in Vietnam in the Special Forces. I do have an idea about wars, military service, and their consequences.
Post #20441
Posted 05 June 2009 23:02

Supreme Being

Wow, then you really have experiences, agnes!!! I have a close friend in the UK who was in the Army, too. But he hadn´t to go to war. Respect to you!

Are you now a Blunt- fan?!

cheers and welcome...
Mona P.
Post #20442
Posted 06 June 2009 23:55
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

me neither bute vs reality its preseptive
Post #20443
Posted 09 June 2009 05:13

I can relate to James’ music. I find his lyrics breathtaking. He had been through a lot , I understand that. In order to know a person, one needs to be with him. How likely is that? Without a trace - I saw Your face and your video of “Cry”.
Post #20444
Posted 10 June 2009 12:45
Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 February 2015 01:36
I believe James' real personality is the one he uses in private. Same for me, and probably all of us.

Maybe our 'personality' is kind of fluid anyway and therefore can probably seem to others as 'changing'. From time to time I think our personality must surely adjust from time to time with daily occurrences and experiences that effect our current mood or emotions --- yet I believe the core of a person's personality remains. Having said that, we are continually evolving and ever changing our perceptions, knowledge and understanding of everything we see, hear or experience - especially the latter, and added to that is the culmination of those life experiences - all of which can affect us and how we respond to particular things.

I believe, James' is no different to any of us in that regard and his core personality intact, despite having been a soldier and then adjusting to the enormous amounts of experiences and life-style changes since his success with 'Back to Bedlam' --- hugely more than most of us have probably experienced within the same time frame and I'm sure some of those experiences will have impacted on his feelings, emotions, perceptions and reactions to innumerable things. So to some degree his 'perceived' personality is probably seen as different, and some may even assume his 'perceived' personality IS his 'real' one --- yet we all have a public persona, as well as a private one. For instance, in my case I'm now very aware websites and anywhere on the internet are very much in the public arena, yet initially I didn't seem to care and was making postings on this website directly through my private personality, and when I eventually deemed what I was doing changed to my 'public persona', although many aspects of my real personality show through. Not the full monty inner emotion though, except for things like discussing James' music and songs and similar threads and subjects like that ;-)
Post #20445
Posted 14 June 2009 00:57

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

I agree pacha,............ especially since that is EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING (in fewer words) in the 4th post from the top!! How come nobody ever listens to me???!!
Post #20446
Posted 14 June 2009 21:48
Supreme Being

Arrow ... thanks and sorry I didn't acknowledge your previous post.
Post #20447
Posted 14 June 2009 21:51

Forum Member

Great minds think alike!!!
Post #20448
Posted 14 June 2009 22:05
Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 November 2014 21:03
My feeling is that James has always worn his heart on his sleeve .. more so than most performers I know. I think he is just becoming more and more honest. He makes music for his own pleasure and if people like it then that's a bonus..... as is the money ... maybe not so the fame.

"Perceived" is just that and is personal to the perceiver. Perhaps it depends on how deep your perceptions go.
Post #20449
Posted 14 June 2009 22:34
Supreme Being

Yes, I agree, James does put a lot of himself in his songs treespirit -- and my thinking is that when it comes to some of my personal perceptions about a person I don't really know, in terms of never haing spent any time in their company, there's always a bit of 'heresay' doubt as to whether my perceptions of that person are correct. However, 'gut feeling' is another thing entirely ;-)
Post #20450
Posted 17 June 2009 04:31

Wonderful music, great voice, and most of all, wonderful lyrics. But what on earth are you people doing discussing it on and on again. Living vicariously through James' live? Get your own lives. If you do not have any, just live with it. I am sorry if I have offended anyone, which of course I have, but give it a break. This whole "blogging" and chat rooms is just an excuse for not focusing on one's life or what is going on in the world. Preoccupied with the triviality of the world, just like sports, makes people numb to the important things that are going on. Yes, I really admire and like James Blunt's music, but please, find a hobby that actually helps to improve something important or something that delays the inevitable. Sorry guys, signing out and good luck.
Post #20451
Posted 17 June 2009 11:45

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:21
Hi Agnes,

I disagree with you.

Music is an expression of human emotion and a strong form of communication. As an art form, it documents our culture. To discuss music and how it connects us or brings us together is of huge value. Song topics by James vary from the personal to the political.

To dismiss such discussion is wrong.

Billy
Post #20452
Posted 17 June 2009 13:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Yeah, what Billy said! x
Post #20453
Posted 17 June 2009 13:38

Supreme Being

YES, BILLY IS RIGHT!!!

I wished more young people take musicians as their archetype instead of playing bad Computer- games the whole day through for example.
Music is a wonderful thing to bring humans together!
The world needs more music...
And we all like the music of JAMES, because he is authentic in lyrics and performance!!!

VIVA LA MUSICA,
MONA P.
Post #20454
Posted 17 June 2009 15:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 November 2015 11:34
i agree with Billy too !
Post #20455
Posted 17 June 2009 16:14
Supreme Being

re: Agnes' "what are you people doing discussing it on and in again?"

Perhaps you should take that up with the person who started the discussion to begin with, who thought it was a worthy topic.

Oh wait....I guess that wouldn't help.
Post #20456
Posted 17 June 2009 18:56

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 July 2013 00:44
ha, Gena!

Agnes, I guess you won't read this either, but I agree w/ Billy too. Also, sports isn't meaningless. In fact, it's pretty darn meaningful to millions of ppl the world over.

Life is INSANE!! I think most can agree w/ that. Us boardies find many connections w/ each other here, precisely because we can discuss, maybe ad nauseum at times, James' lyrics and each other's stories, which believe it or not, can run very deep and shouldn't be trivialized one single bit.

Now good luck w/ you!
Post #20457
Posted 18 June 2009 00:02
Supreme Being

Well stated Billy !!

Agnes, that James' songs spur us individuals to discuss them is, I think, a compliment to James' skill and artistry as a song maker and musician. It's also very interesting to read other's interpretations and points of view of his songs too - you know, from the perspective of other 'fans'.

Mona you encapsulated this perfectly with your comment 'Music is a wonderful thing to bring humans together!'
Post #20458
Posted 18 June 2009 03:52
Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 June 2017 11:36
Does anyone else find Billy's words a total turn on or is it just me? xx
Post #20459
Posted 18 June 2009 03:59
Supreme Being

*raises hand* yeah....he had me at 'I disagree....'

There's something about objection & opposition that's highly fascinating. : )
Post #20460
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

123»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:20pm