James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Dangerous Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 20:43
Notes from the video director Luc Janin and list of credits.

http://www.promonews.tv/2011/09/28/james-blunt-dangerous-by-luc-janin/

James Blunt ‘Dangerous’ by Luc Janin
Wednesday, 28 September 2011

The Luc Janin-directed promo for James Blunt’s Dangerous is in the rich tradition of single track-shot videos, and bears a passing resemblance in particular to Baillie Walsh’s classic Massive Attack vid for Be Thankful – albeit without the striptease.

“The brief was simple: ‘a gorgeous/dangerous girl and just a cameo for James’,” Luc explains. “I didn’t want to fall into the cliché of a ‘pop video’ style pretty girl all way through the film, so decided to shoot the POV of the girl instead, and show other girls/people reacting to her. The rest of the concept is inspired from Lipdub videos, usually done by American schools. I thought the most interesting Lipdubs were the ones that were well choreographed rather than the ones trying to be impressive with 6000 extras – and we couldn’t afford 6000 extras anyway.

“I was thrilled with the location [Volupte in London's Chancery Lane] – it offered a three-minute walk from the front door of the club to the last room in the second underground level, going through all kind of rooms including the kitchen, so there was the opportunity to include other people than the girls from the club. It also offered very useful short cuts for crew and some of the cast – people appear two or three times so they had to move fast to their second position once the camera passed them.

“It was a very interesting exercise. Making it interesting all the way, avoiding any “dead moment” was very tricky, and it was obviously also tricky to have everyone doing their bit of performance well within the same take. We got it right on the 12th take, I think – just as well, according to the producers it was our last chance to get it right…”

James Blunt
Dangerous (Atlantic)
Director: Luc Janin
Production Company: Annex
Producer: Campbell Beaton & Tiernan Hanby
DP: Dan Holland
1st AD: Sam Le Page
On set editor: Andy Packer
Art Director: Ed Butcher
Colourist: Luke Morrison
Representation: Alexa @ FreeAgent UK
Special Thanks: Rosie and Pauline @ Volupte, Barnaby @ Panalux & Pete @ Take 2
Commissioner: Dan Curwin

Post #212059
Posted 07 July 2014 23:16

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
Dusting off this ancient thread to say this track was played on BBC Radio 2 this morning, which was an enormous surprise.

Can't remember hearing it on the radio when it was released so great to hear it now 👍

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #254189
Posted 08 July 2014 00:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 December 2018 12:57
Goog god, that's amazing noblebones, i don't think i ever heard it on the radio!
Post #254191
Posted 09 July 2014 00:17

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
I know, LD, totally unexpected. Think whoever was standing in for Chris Evans must be a bit of a closet fan

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #254220
Posted 16 August 2016 16:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
jbfan132 (02/04/2012)
Notes from the video director Luc Janin and list of credits.

“I was thrilled with the location [Volupte in London's Chancery Lane] – it offered a three-minute walk from the front door of the club to the last room in the second underground level, going through all kind of rooms including the kitchen, so there was the opportunity to include other people than the girls from the club. It also offered very useful short cuts for crew and some of the cast – people appear two or three times so they had to move fast to their second position once the camera passed them.

“It was a very interesting exercise. Making it interesting all the way, avoiding any “dead moment” was very tricky, and it was obviously also tricky to have everyone doing their bit of performance well within the same take. We got it right on the 12th take, I think – just as well, according to the producers it was our last chance to get it right…”

Wow, that's amazing!! I've wondered how this video was shot. I thought it was pieced together from different shots. It's mind blowing that it was done in one take. Always thought it was a cool video. Most of James' videos are cool, they leave you thinking after the fact.

Post #277306
Posted 16 August 2016 19:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
This video is one of my favourites very cool. So different from the others.
Post #277307
Posted 17 August 2016 16:31

Supreme Being

I like that they all tell a story. Thought, I can't figure out the story line for Postcards.

I've watched this several times, counting the steps going down and up, and I still can't figure how she ends up in a room with sunlit windows.

It's interesting, as this is from the point of view of a beautiful woman and the reactions she gets. That's happened to me once, I walked down the street with a big box of donuts, and everyone couldn't help but stared at me
Post #277308
Posted 17 August 2016 19:55

Supreme Being

InnerSense (17/08/2016)

It's interesting, as this is from the point of view of a beautiful woman and the reactions she gets. That's happened to me once, I walked down the street with a big box of donuts, and everyone couldn't help but stared at me

Ooops sorry InnerSense, that was me staring
Post #277319
Posted 17 August 2016 20:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 December 2018 12:13
Mmmmm donuts!
I've known basements with windows I pondered more on why James was there and why the woman was naked? That takes some balls!
Post #277321
Posted 18 August 2016 18:21

Supreme Being

Oh, I know what they want, so I tightened my grip on the box as I passed them. I glanced behind, and I see they're still staring, licking their lips!!

As for why James was there, it might have gone down like this;
James: I'll meet you in the back room.
Woman: Do you need anything else.
James: Absolutely nothing else. Deliver ONLY the shoes.

James turned back towards the window looking out into a surreal graffiti filled alley, licking his lips in anticipation, remembering how his heart clenched the moment he spotted them. They were perfect for his Wonder Woman suit.

.. perhaps ..
Post #277324
Posted 18 August 2016 18:23

Supreme Being

Post #277325
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:01pm