James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««12345»»»

Dangerous Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 18 November 2017 16:16
Sorry to say that I too didn't like the video much. Yes the lyrics suit the video but I am not interested in watching all those men & women who are strangers to me until that tiny clip of James at the end who in my opinion looked rather sad, why couldn't he of come closer to the camera and greeted her with a smile. I would've enjoyed the video more if maybe the men could've been the band then the clip of James at the end. Sorry but I won't be watching it again, what reason would I have? I didn't even feel that James was in the video.

But I guess with his tour schedule he didn't have time for anything else, which is a shame.

I've never liked videos like this when the main artists are not in it, I mean I am a fan of James therefore of course I want to see James in it & I don't just mean a wee clip that if you blink you'd miss. Just like the rest of you who are not fond it, I too was looking forward to the video, now I just feel so disappointed. Oh well I got my fix at Hyde Park, I'll just keep that memory in my head for the video

Post #194177
Posted 21 September 2011 17:43

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 17 November 2014 13:05
lady blunt (21/09/2011)
As James didn't have much time to film a video while on tour, a live version of the song on stage would have been a better choice.

Like this video, Live at Bloomsbury Ballroom London.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh_dgUba7Y0

I agree with you lady blunt, if James doesn´t time enough to film a video, they might be use a live versión , but not a video where the main artist doesn´t appear, though the images are according to the lirycs, I think this is not the best way to promote a single In any case I wish him good luck.
Post #194182
Posted 21 September 2011 17:47

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 February 2014 02:08
I'm not surprised that James doesn't appear in much of this video. With the tour schedule he's been following there would hardly have been time to spend on being involved in all the filming for the full thing.

I tought the same thing Lucia.

While we were talking about the video, a member of the italian forum said that this video could probably catch the attention of the rest of the people that don't love as we do J's music.. I'll be your man was the top for us real fans/supporters because we have been to his concerts and we lived the moment we can see on the video, that is amazing. This time instead, we feel like not beeing part of it and we are sad to not see him on the video.

But this one might catch the attentions of another kind of people.
Surely nowadays is really hard to do the best thing with the pressure of the charts, of the tour of his private life....because he is human as we are.

I noted another important thing:

generally J when sends us the email with the preview of the video asks us what we think about the new video... this time instead he didn't do that. MAYBE because sometimes the ideas for the video are of him and instead sometimes is his record lable who decides how the video have to look like and what's the story that have to be in it?!
Post #194184
Posted 21 September 2011 18:41

Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 November 2017 20:33
I just watched the video, and well... it's weird... really weird! Can't say if I like it or not... But I'm sure it's not one of my favorites, and it won't be. "Ill Be Your Man" and "So Far Gone" are still in the top

Well, I agree with many of you. I can see that a lot of people is quite disappointed about it. I don't know if I am actually, I think this video has to be understood first of all. It's such a pity James doesn't appear very much (Probably this is the real beauty of the video, it makes it enigmatic!), but I'm sure he couldn't do better because he was busy with the tour, and it's comprehensible

It suits the song perfectly, but it doesn't please me very much anyway.

The problem is that James got us used to the best and never disappointed us.. The concept and the plot are very good though! The final scene is beautiful, misterious and dark... I was waiting for a James's trace during all the video, and finally I saw him just for a second

The perspective of the video reminds me of the one shooted for "F**k You" by Lily Allen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VZX4sHn-4&ob=av2n

The atmosphere is beautiful, it suits the lyrics, the song is very catching.... but I'm quite torn about the video. I hope it will grow up on me someday, but I have to re-watch it to judge it in a better way.

I'd be curious to know if James like this video.. He probably does, with all those beautiful women

Let us know what you think, Blunty!

TheBluntfan (21/09/2011)
Sorry for that James, but I absolutely don't like it!

You are the most talented songwriter in pop music but you get more and more mainstream, with your music and also with your videos. That's not the claim you should have in my opinion.

Your old videos are really deep and you have to think about them and the music.

And now you have songs/singles like 'Stay The Night', 'Dangerous' and 'I'll Be Your Man' which are not similar to your public image. Only 3 years ago you was a musician people argue and discuss about and now, no one in the public speaks about you and your music. Because the singles don't have a special James Blunt mark. The songs I wrote above could have been songs of any other good-mood-musician in the business.

I know, you wrote your thoughts and your current feeling down on the paper, but please be so strong and fight against your record label, which is telling you which songs have to be single.

Why not 'Best Laid Plans' or 'No Tears' which are deep? Why not 'Superstar', the most energetic song of the album?
The current singles let seem your public image very normal.

TheBluntFan, I love all the deep songs James wrote for us, but in my opinion he surpassed himself with the latest album! The change is good!

We all know that James has been very criticized during this years (I'm still wondering why... he just makes GOOD music, let him play!) by media and by all the people who don't have enough time or desire to deepen and to better listen the wonderful music that guy shares with us everyday. It's easy to criticize on somebody you don't know anything about, it's so sad.

Anyway, many criticize him because he changed his music style, but I'm sure that the same people would criticize him if he didn't. It would be the same old story, and, in my opinion, it would be worse.

Being static and unchanging is what "kills" an artist. We're lucky, because James is never expectable, and he always give us something new, wheter we like it or not.

He surpassed himself with Some Kind Of Trouble, and it's stuck in my radio since 9th November 2010 It's so beautiful because James showed us many sides of him we dindn't know yet, but dind't leave the "old James" apart, writing songs like "If Time Is All I Have", "No Tears" or "Heart Of Gold"

I agree with you: he could fight against his record label to let them know his opinions... I'm sure he asserts himself there, but it's not easy in the music industry... He's in their hands. They know how to do their job hopefully!

Fingers crossed for Dangerous... It's a catching song, and the video is so different from what we're used to! So I hope it will reach another kind of public and top the charts, 'cause it really deserves to!!!

Post #194186
Posted 21 September 2011 18:46
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 04 December 2012 10:25
Well, let's express it this way:
Post #194187
Posted 21 September 2011 18:47
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 04 December 2012 10:25
Am I to cruel?
I don't like the video.
Post #194188
Posted 21 September 2011 18:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 March 2018 22:08
Well that's definitely different and certainly one for the men amongst us.

Thought it fitted well with the theme of the song and, like the dances of the ladies featured, was very much a tease holding back the "reveal" until the very end.

Not sure it's one I'll be watching too often though .....

I know in the past some canny soul has usually managed to identify the location of previous videos. Wonder if anyone will be brave enough to admit they recognise this one?

Bet someone had fun doing the location scouting

"Music : a backstage pass to the soul"
Post #194191
Posted 21 September 2011 19:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2017 20:57
noblebones (21/09/2011)
I know in the past some canny soul has usually managed to identify the location of previous videos. Wonder if anyone will be brave enough to admit they recognise this one?

Never thought of this... would explain a lot
Post #194194
Posted 21 September 2011 19:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2017 13:20
noblebones (21/09/2011)

*innocently puts hand up*

So.... It was filmed at Volupte, a Burlesque club in London [MAP] on or around the 12th Sept. It was directed by Luc Janin.

...oh and location scouting was done by Billy!

haha, only joking!
Post #194210
Posted 21 September 2011 19:45

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
I like the song, I like it lot, and watching the vid again, I can see 3 cuts,the first scene corresponds to the red shoes of the woman, and the main scene we can watch a sequence shot, wich is a non-stop secuence, wich ending before the girl enter to the room with James.
is very complicated this sequence shot, must have a practice before the final shot. and now like other said here, maybe this was the best way to do a video without / with James. is like one of the Hitchcock's movie "the rope" (like the song "...enough rope for my sake and losing everytime..." ) made it in one big sequence shot.

So yes the vid have a good thing in it, but still...is too slow, and of course we miss James a little bit.
I wanted it more catchy and it seems a bit sad.
Post #194211
Posted 21 September 2011 19:49

Supreme Being

I think I figured it out now...

The camera man got too excited and left the actual shooting site to follow these girls... he only came back at the end...
We missed the real video!

Oh, and thanks, Billy, for your hard work. Well done!
Post #194212
Posted 21 September 2011 19:52

Supreme Being

Actually Kejy, I think I've figured out the plot...

James is actually the boss of the Burlesque club. He calls the girl to his office and tells her that regrettably he's decided to let her go because her novelty act with the flaming ping pong balls was far too 'dangerous' and the club can't afford the insurance.

Yes..I think that's it.
Post #194214
Posted 21 September 2011 19:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 November 2013 17:42
The only thing I liked about this video is shoes...

There's sunshine in the music, playing in the water. There's drama of relationship in the song, it's about games of love between man and woman, and this woman is fire. I wouldn't say the video fit the song.

And.. by the way.. let me count the men from our russian forum, who didn't liked the video. 5... They say there's lack of taste in it.
Post #194215
Posted 21 September 2011 19:54
Supreme Being

Last Login: 25 February 2017 18:36
Do I want to stay on the forum or do I want to say what I think of the video????????

Tough call
Post #194219
Posted 21 September 2011 19:56

Supreme Being

yeah, fen... that sound possible as well...

Shall we agree on the camera man following the girls while James is dealing with the gorgeous girl? Would leave plenty of room for fantasy for each of us...
Post #194220
Posted 21 September 2011 20:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
I keep editing my comment because I just can't find the right words .. Still can't ...

James you know that I love you and I've tried SO hard to like this video no matter what but I just can't I'm sorry! .. In my earlier comment I said "The video is nice! " .. I just wanted to be nice .. And yes I did love the look on the guys their faces but I just can't love the clip. I don't like the idea of the whole Burlesque club thing and when Fentiger explained his view of you being the boss of the Burlesque club .. that just killed everything for me .. That's so not you! (I try to think that you are nothing like that ) .. I'm sorry
Post #194222
Posted 21 September 2011 20:13

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
I think the video really suits the meaning in the song, and is quite mysterious.  It sums up the dangers of seduction and temptation!   I like the video, and I see nothing wrong in having a little treat for the guys for a change (ahem, I do seem to remember many ladies drooling over James in the 'IBYM' video!) I'm not sure what sort of video people expected for this song... it fits with the song perfectly!  The only thing that crossed my mind at the end was 'who's using who?'

Fen!!! Ping pong balls indeed!  Are you sure it was shot in this country?!

It's alright Ruby, James definitely doesn't own the club... the women are wearing far too much for it to be his own place!!!

Post #194226
Posted 21 September 2011 20:14

Supreme Being

Last Login: 07 September 2018 09:03
I like it, the video definitely fits the song, I expected this kind of a mystical place. When I watched it, I was always thinking, when comes the Vampire out

I expected also kind of these things

Post #194228
Posted 21 September 2011 20:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 28 August 2017 00:03
Not to offend anyone, just wondering...

I was wondering what it is, that people really don't like about this video.  If you can't put it into words, how does it make you feel?

Is it the lifestyle depicted, a lifestyle with which you don't agree?

I don't take any artist's video as being literal.  James waiting in the special private room in a club for a woman....

I am trying to read between the lines.....I see some loneliness at the beginning, some hope at the end, where the artist meets up with the woman, who is no longer decorated in a costume, as the camera switches to B&W...and the door closes all the others out. It's definitely sensual, but I think it has more meaning than just the literal.  I believe James is a deep and sensitive person, and his videos are never obvious.

I may be wrong.....My strength is Math!

Post #194233
Posted 21 September 2011 20:25

Supreme Being

Aww Fen - I knew you'd know, you super Google-master sleuth you!!!

But - "innocently" - really???? I remember tales of one man and .... but, let's not resurrect that episode eh

Very probable hypotheses too - that dratted health and safety gets in the way of everything nowadays - and she did seem to be walking rather funnily

At least now we know where the after party after the after party for Bloomsbury took place

Post #194235
Posted 21 September 2011 20:25

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
cassiopee (21/09/2011)
But frankly the song is not about James this time...It's about a woman being dangerous, hence his short appearance. 

He can't help being short Cassi!! 

Post #194236
Posted 21 September 2011 20:27

Supreme Being

Short appearance HAHA!
Post #194237
Posted 21 September 2011 20:28

Supreme Being

Annmarie (21/09/2011)
It's alright Ruby, James definitely doesn't own the club... the women are wearing far too much for it to be his own place!!!

Hahaha LOL what a relieve! ..

Well I haven't changed my mind about one thing .. I still think that the video suits the lyrics well
Post #194238
Posted 21 September 2011 20:28
Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 December 2018 18:37
I'm not saying it like it should be the thing to say. I say it cause i mean it, i really like the video. Maybe because it reminds both of working for the Cirque du Soleil (Zumanity!), and something from the movie Flash Dance - partly because there has been some references to the song She's a maniac (which featured on the soundtrack)- my all-time favorite movie since i'm a kid.

I don't see why James couldn't/wouldn't be the owner of a burlesque club !!

After seing it for the first time i thought 'is James going to try to pimp us?!!' (I don't mean offense to anyone, btw)

Post #194239
Posted 21 September 2011 20:29
Supreme Being

Last Login: 25 February 2017 18:36
I'd rather just watch the Radio 2 Festival recording.
Post #194240
Posted 21 September 2011 20:29

Supreme Being

A very short appearance indeed!
Post #194241
Posted 21 September 2011 20:30

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 21:16
*DITR~AGO (21/09/2011)
Awe, Lonelydancer it's not sleaze... Yes though, the video really does fit the song. Very provocative and DANGEROUS. Suppose that's a lifestyle, one to get use to but all the same WELL DONE on this video! At the beginning when I noticed that the characters played was lip singing to Dangerous, for me told a story in itself, maybe vicariously then James appears in the shadows facing a window as a beautiful lady comes in.  Two thumbs up! I like it..

Oh i'm not complaining about sleaze DITR, i said i like a bit of sleaze

I really do like the video, at least there is no death in it!!!!

It's funny because i absolutely adored the song If Time Is All I Have but when i saw the video i couldn't watch the video again, and still haven't, i found it too upsetting and it kind of ruined listening to it too, all i can think of is James lying dead on a stretcher!

Now i wasn't that keen on 'Dangerous' as a song but now i've seen the video i like the song a bit more now, how weird is that?

Fen, you seem to know a lot about these sort of clubs and ping pong balls and things, is it just coincidence or someone told you that's what happens in these clubs? Hmmm? Huh? Not that i'm putting you on the spot here

Annmarie, i agree with your thoughts too, i love it!

Post #194243
Posted 21 September 2011 20:36

Supreme Being

@ Annmarie

Well, it's certainly got the discussion going and just think about all the... errrm "new members" it will bring to the site

Post #194245
Posted 21 September 2011 20:37

Supreme Being

I agree with you LD .. at least there is no death in it .. I was relieved when I saw that he was perfectly fine (The "If time is all I have" video kind of traumatized me )

I also can't watch that video again. Sometimes when I feel like crying I do watch it because it helps .. And sometimes just to torture myself .. But it's so strange .. The video clip of "Dangerous" actually ruined listening to it for me. I had the complete opposite with "If time is all I have". The song actually touched me when I listened to it but when I watched the video clip it actually made me love it even more. It touched me even more .. And now this video has ruined listening to the song ("Dangerous") .. But that's my opinion. I still think the video suits the lyrics well though
Post #194246
Posted 21 September 2011 20:42

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
EnjoytheRide (21/09/2011)
Not to offend anyone, just wondering...

I was wondering what it is, that people really don't like about this video. If you can't put it into words, how does it make you feel?

Is it the lifestyle depicted, a lifestyle with which you don't agree?

I don't take any artist's video as being literal. James waiting in the special private room in a club for a woman....

I am trying to read between the lines.....I see some loneliness at the beginning, some hope at the end, where the artist meets up withthe woman, who is no longerdecorated in a costume, as the cameraswitches to B&W...and the door closesall theothers out.It's definitely sensual, but I think it has more meaning than just the literal. I believe James is a deep and sensitive person, and his videos are never obvious.

I may be wrong.....My strength is Math!

you know, I am not in disagree with the lifestyle, is part of the reality, and is visually atractive with feathers and stuff, must have more than one story about this kind of lifestyle, but for me, I don't feel any dangerous thing here, I don't feel any strong feeling here, nor passion, nor dangerous, and I think I've seen videos like this before, so is very predictable, I like to see good looking men in videos and I like to see pretty women in video and see their outfits, but here I don't see anything that really likes me, except the shade of james

ohh and the girl who is in the stairs don't know the lyrics either!!
Post #194247
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««12345»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:11am