James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12345»»»

Dangerous Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
Love love love it!!!!! It's just how i imagined it in my head! I thought we weren't going to see you in it James but there you were right at the end

I think it's great!

I love a bit of sleaze

Oh btw, it's in the Member's Area

Post #194118
Posted 21 September 2011 13:19

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 27 February 2017 06:33
Hmm, I'm kind of on the fence about it. I think I have to watch it a few more times to decide if I like it or not.
Post #194122
Posted 21 September 2011 13:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 May 2012 15:31
Hey! The vid must have been put while I was doing the dishes!! Nice to have internet back with that kind of surprise!

-

Well it's exactly how I expected it to be. And it's certainly a dangerous video likely to mark the spirits!

Nice shots...I liked the part with the sommelier and the cook, the fluffly girls (Lido or Moulin Rouge?) and the last bit too...which was unexpected...and a kind of bonus

Nice shoes...

Post #194123
Posted 21 September 2011 13:28

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 March 2017 16:51
I don't like it simply because James is not in it apart from the end. Also not one of my favourite songs from SKOT at all. Looks and sounds like he is appealing mainly to the American audience. Sorry to be so negative this time but feeling disappointed.
Post #194126
Posted 21 September 2011 13:29

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
When I read that Dangerous was going to be his next single I didn't know what video clip to expect. A dangerous one for sure .. But this is a little bit of what I expected!

I love how all the men are looking at the girl .. That shocking look on their face .. Damn those girls are very lucky to be in his clip especially the main girl who entered the room where James was in. I was waiting for James and when I almost gave up he appeared! .. There he was .. standing in the room .. The video clip is so different compared to his other clips and that is why I have to get used to it

This video won't be one of my favorites sorry

Post #194127
Posted 21 September 2011 13:29

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 June 2018 01:18
Awe, Lonelydancer it's not sleaze... Yes though, the video really does fit the song. Very provocative and DANGEROUS. Suppose that's a lifestyle, one to get use to but all the same WELL DONE on this video! At the beginning when I noticed that the characters played was lip singing to Dangerous, for me told a story in itself, maybe vicariously then James appears in the shadows facing a window as a beautiful lady comes in.  Two thumbs up! I like it..
Post #194128
Posted 21 September 2011 13:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2014 03:07
Sorry to say, I am completely UNDERWHELMED.
Post #194129
Posted 21 September 2011 13:35

Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 August 2012 15:44
Not my fave either. It reminds me of Wise men..lol..same "dark" British style or Twin Peaks a like..lol....there's nothing wrong w. that, no no, but in my head the video shouldn't be like that. I wanna see more James
Post #194130
Posted 21 September 2011 13:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 July 2014 17:02
yeah more jb
Post #194136
Posted 21 September 2011 13:59
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
The video more suitable for men to view than women. Seen it once but won't bother to watch it again. Just a silhouette of James at the very end, very disappointed still you can't please everyone.
Post #194137
Posted 21 September 2011 14:06

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 April 2017 19:41
We can see a lot of James in live concerts and other video clips. So I liked this clip a lot because it perfectly fits the song and something enigmatic lingers in the air when this girl is passing by.

At first I thought it reminds me Moulin Rouge but then jbfandk made me realise it is a lot like Twin Peaks. And yes I loved these series, worried about Laura Palmer and this clip has something of high class from it.

I just can imagine how much time it took to make it as there is attention paid even to petty details. Very impressive. Each time more and more curious things can be seen. Well done job.
Post #194139
Posted 21 September 2011 14:14

Supreme Being

lady blunt (21/09/2011)
The video more suitable for men to view than women. Seen it once but won't bother to watch it again. Just a silhouette of James at the very end, very disappointed still you can't please everyone.

I agree with you LB. That's why it won't be one of my favorite's. The reason I loved it, is because it suits the song. But sadly not much of James to see
Post #194142
Posted 21 September 2011 14:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 February 2014 02:08
Really weird video! But i think that also James himself is a bit weird..so it is ok.
Is not the kind of video we are used to, expecially after the sunny one of 'Stay the night', the romantic one of 'So far gone', and the happy one of 'I'll be your man' and so infact at the first view it was a bit disappointing... i thought: "."

Anyway.. I like it. The video is perfectly related to the song. When i saw it for the first time i was immediatly looking for James in it, but nothing to do till the end. The video is intriguing, isn't it?! Is good the suspance too. From when you start watching it you are waiting to see James and to see the face of the girl who is walking through this strange and dirty place. The setting is a little bit dark, but it looks be perfect for the lyric of the song.

I like it.. but surely this won't be my favorite video, because it is definitely "I'll be your man" and will be for a long long time.

James anyway, you have to be ready for some critics - but i think you already know it

Well done, well done!
Post #194143
Posted 21 September 2011 14:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2017 20:57
I'm sorry but I don't like it... or I don't understand it... either way, there are JB videos that appeal much more to me than this one.
Post #194144
Posted 21 September 2011 14:27

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 February 2017 06:33
I went back and watched it again and I'm disappointed. I don't need to see it again.
Post #194146
Posted 21 September 2011 14:36

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 November 2014 13:05
I don“t like , I don“t undersatand it and I want to see James and the boys, apart the video tells a story.
Post #194147
Posted 21 September 2011 14:53

Supreme Being

Last Login: 28 August 2017 00:03
Must have been fun casting and shooting this video!!!

I really liked it.

You are taken on a very colourful journey through a club filled with a smorgasbord of women, all dressed to be noticed.  Katy Perry, anyone?

At the end, you have James waiting for THE woman, gorgeous au naturale.

It's beautiful..with just two people, alone, in black & white, with the door closing all the others out, at the end.

Post #194149
Posted 21 September 2011 14:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 December 2017 23:06
I'm not surprised that James doesn't appear in much of this video. With the tour schedule he's been following there would hardly have been time to spend on being involved in all the filming for the full thing.

It certainly feels a bit dark as a video. To me there is a feeling of sadness about it as well as the enigma but maybe that's because I know people who work helping women who are being exploited, who's lives are very broken and don't have many choices. So to me the video evokes my sadness for those who are unwillingly trapped in something. So I guess I'm not that keen on it.

Post #194150
Posted 21 September 2011 15:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 15:09
I don't like it at all, can he shoot an other video??

is boring!

I'm sorry I wanted to see the video so badly, and now I'm disapointed that I can't say all the thing why I don't like it
Post #194153
Posted 21 September 2011 15:45
Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 June 2012 07:19
I think this is the choice of the producer.  I remember James said about another video, that he didn't choose the theme. There was one video, I think the Same Mistake, that he particularly liked because he wrote the storyline to it.  Or it is about drawing attention to the song which it will do no doubt, sensationalistic.  It doesn't fit in with the way James normally talks about life, as far as I can tell.

Lucia I just read your post on the exploitation of women, thanks for that, it's worth mentioning, let alone all the more subtle ways that we are exploited in the media, that are endless.  There is the secular, commercial culture.  I just think that James is more intelligent than that, really.

Post #194158
Posted 21 September 2011 15:51
Supreme Being

As James didn't have much time to film a video while on tour, a live version of the song on stage would have been a better choice.

Like this video, Live at Bloomsbury Ballroom London.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh_dgUba7Y0
Post #194159
Posted 21 September 2011 16:11
Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 October 2013 16:47
Sorry for that James, but I absolutely don't like it!

You are the most talented songwriter in pop music but you get more and more mainstream, with your music and also with your videos. That's not the claim you should have in my opinion.

Your old videos are really deep and you have to think about them and the music.

And now you have songs/singles like 'Stay The Night', 'Dangerous' and 'I'll Be Your Man' which are not similar to your public image. Only 3 years ago you was a musician people argue and discuss about and now, no one in the public speaks about you and your music. Because the singles don't have a special James Blunt mark. The songs I wrote above could have been songs of any other good-mood-musician in the business.

I know, you wrote your thoughts and your current feeling down on the paper, but please be so strong and fight against your record label, which is telling you which songs have to be single.

Why not 'Best Laid Plans' or 'No Tears' which are deep? Why not 'Superstar', the most energetic song of the album?
The current singles let seem your public image very normal.
Post #194160
Posted 21 September 2011 16:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 May 2012 15:31
xRuby (21/09/2011)
lady blunt (21/09/2011)

I agree with you LB. That's why it won't be one of my favorite's. The reason I loved it, is because it suits the song. But sadly not much of James to see

fav part : the staircase...watch it in slow motion Ruby..It's just coincidence but I swear you'll like it...

Apart from that I just wanted to add that if you really want to put in a vid what the lyrics say this is EXACTLY how the vid should be. Everything's in the song..everything is on the vid.

Unlike some others this one has a naughty/mischievous/dark (and hot) side I particularly like, as a counterpart to other songs (whose vids are more romantic, and they are nice too).

I don't know who chose the theme...but I've got the feeling that the wild part of it is not so far from James' dark side. Like Turn me on 

His apperance at the very end is easily explanable : all the shots must have been done while he was touring and he did the last during his few days of rest (though I'm not sure if the guy knows the meaning of "to rest")

But frankly the song is not about James this time...It's about a woman being dangerous, hence his short appearance. I think the script is well done and suits the song.

I'm inclined to say the provocative side of the vid may be a way to explode the charts/views...and I hope he'll do it

On a darker note : I will never be able to show it to the kids ..though someone else will actually like a James Blunt video (mm shall I worry?)

Post #194164
Posted 21 September 2011 16:23

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2017 13:20
My goodness! hehe!

Lots of sexy ladies, and 2 seconds of JB (in silhouette) at the end..

What more could you want from a video? Thanks James!!

Actually it reminded me a little of the Wise Men vid too.. I was expecting those 3 small, medium, large guys with masks to jump out at any point.
Post #194165
Posted 21 September 2011 16:37
Supreme Being

I knew this video would appeal more to men than women. Maybe James should have been topless in the video to please us girls.
Post #194166
Posted 21 September 2011 16:49

Supreme Being

cassiopee (21/09/2011)
Apart from that I just wanted to add that if you really want to put in a vid what the lyrics say this is EXACTLY how the vid should be. Everything's in the song..everything is on the vid.

Yes cassiopee, I agree!

Fentiger (21/09/2011)
I was expecting those 3 small, medium, large guys with masks to jump out at any point.

Hahaha LOL Fen!
Post #194167
Posted 21 September 2011 16:51

Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 13 May 2012 11:41
Well... I dont know where to start...
maybe with the positive aspects:
1. Video suits the song
2. Men could like it because of the women
3. i like it, that all people sing the song

but for me there are more negative aspects...
1. too less James
2. too much boredom -> i dont like the "story" in the video
3. the second time watching it was only boring because you know when james appears
4. the men in the video arent attractive otherwise it would be a better video...
5. for me the video has nothing to do with my picture of James

and I dont like the song sooo much
Post #194169
Posted 21 September 2011 16:52
Supreme Being

Last Login: 01 May 2018 01:03
If this is what James means by "she is all dressed up", well than I guess I am more of a casual friday girl!
Post #194170
Posted 21 September 2011 17:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 June 2017 13:20
I was joking really I really think it's irrelevant if it appeals to men or women. I don't think that's the point of any of JB's songs or videos. It's more about artistic and visual interpretation. In that respect I think the video fits the song well.

It tells a story that has a slight twist at the end. You'd probably assume you're looking through the eyes of a male (even JB?) walking through the burlesque club. Judging by the reactions of the onlookers it's hard to tell really.... both men and women look on adoringly, lustily etc.... but in the end it's revealed to be the nudey silhouette woman who walks past them all and finds James in a little room.

Also, there's just as many good looking guys in this vid than there are women, and theyre also in positions of service... waiters, kitchen staff, barmen etc... surely the fantasy of a lot of women out there? haha!

Anyway, I'll get me coat....
Post #194172
Posted 21 September 2011 17:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 June 2014 15:58
Hmm...what to say? When I watched the video for the very first time I was surprised. That was not this kind of what I have expected. And sorry but I think it doesn`t fit very well to both lyrics and music.

I love the song very much, it`s one of my favorites of the new album. Only one reason is its power. But the video is too boring.

But I knew there would be a little scrap of James somewhere. And in the end there was.

~

SORRY, but I don`t like it!    What about a second version????

Post #194175
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:06am