James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

What kind of James Blunt fan are you? Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 01 August 2018 22:05
Do you sometimes have some kind of a "James-Blunt-day"?

I explain what I mean:

Sometimes I don't listen to James' music for a while and suddenly I just miss his voice so much that I really need to listen to one of his songs. So I listen to one song, than to another... I start watching a short video on youtube, than I watch a whole concert. In the end, I spent hours on James songs and wonder if he' s fine. He and his songs are in my mind for the whole day. After that day, I can have a "James-Blunt-break" again.
Post #256928
Posted 26 September 2014 18:03

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 27 October 2017 22:03
I must admit I'm a monomaniac! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go harassing James, I'm not a psychopath!

What I mean is that I can't spend a single day without listening to at least one or two of his songs!....well, okay, maybe more than that!
His songs are very comforting, soothing and moving.....why not indulge oneself with absolutely no guilt?

James makes my day...every single day!

Post #256960
Posted 27 August 2015 02:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 00:47
A addicted one, I take pills for it and everything but the dam things don't work
Post #271530
Posted 28 August 2015 02:59
Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 June 2017 11:36
Not a very good one lately. I'm waiting patiently for my spanking
Post #271539
Posted 11 January 2016 18:42

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
I love some of James music, some I don't connect with. I have his albums, which is more than I can say about my appreciation of many artists.

I love what James says in his songs, the honesty if it all. I like the person the music reveal, maybe that's a fantasy, but I don't care. I like idea that good people exist in the world, both male and female.

Most people lead busy lives, and so they don't especially enjoy dealing with another person's struggles. I mostly keep my problems to myself, I listen to James music in private, and feel as though I am not alone.

I have never fangirl anyone before. Joining this forum has been fun so far. I've read some interesting and some hilarious stuff here. I was beginning to wonder if maybe I'm becoming a little obsessive. I'm so relieved to find that I'm in the clear, as I haven't been subject to James' gaze. whew ..

The idea that James is a good person is reinforced when I look at some of your profile pictures here; your picture with James. It seems to me that someone who has seen the ugliness of war, who has been on the receiving end of really harsh abuse by paparazzi and media might might have reasons to not like people. But you see in those pictures someone who really exudes warmth, tolerance, intelligence and strength of character. I want to show support for someone like that.

I'll probably never be in the front row, or waiting for hours outside to meet James. But I would probably love an autograph if I accidentally get the chance.

Post #273817
Posted 03 February 2016 19:12

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 24 December 2018 01:16
^^^ I feel like a total fangirl after reading that.

I've only had the opportunity to see James live one time, but I made it count. I drove 12+ hours into a blizzard, waited outside in line in the cold for 5 hours to be able to get right up front, then waited outside in the cold after the show for over an hour to meet James, get a picture, and an autograph. The only thing I haven't done is cover my walls with posters of James because I'm not 14 anymore and it would be kind of creepy, I think.

I admire his music, certainly, but also the fact that he's truly a nice person and he's not a show-off. I've been a fan for 10 years now and I always will be. James is one of only two artists that I truly get excited about in regards to new albums and the hope for another tour so I can see him live again.

Very excited about the new album this year, and hopefully a tour next year!
Post #275104
Posted 05 February 2016 15:58

Supreme Being

melwin7777 (03/02/2016)
^^^ I feel like a total fangirl after reading that.

It's because you don't know me, melwin7777 . When I reread what I wrote above, I totally blushed from head to toe. I rarely, if ever, have complimented a man this much.
Post #275143
Posted 21 February 2016 16:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 January 2019 19:43
Many of us can relate to this interview...

http://insider.ticketmaster.com/sting-fan-club-interview/?c=TMSM_US_link_Blog

The Life of a Sting Superfan
Ticketmaster Insider
17 February 2016

There are fans, and then there are “superfans” like Susan, a travel industry professional from the U.K. who’s seen Sting perform hundreds of times. Susan has crossed continents to see the former Police frontman play and she’s already got her tickets to catch him this summer as he teams up with Peter Gabriel for Rock Paper Scissors. Check out our interview for more on her travels, her fan philosophy, and her heartfelt message to Sting.

Where are you from?
The U.K.

What are your favorite things to do?
I love to travel and I love music. Every day involves one or the other. My favorite days involve both!

How many times have you seen Sting live?
Oh, I have no idea. A few hundred, at least!

What’s your profession?
It was inevitable that I would end up either working in music or the travel industry. I opted for the latter.

Tell us what it means to you to be a fan?
This is a really interesting question, because it means something different to everyone. I can think of a band that I have seen live more than 20 times on several continents and I’m a paying member of their fan club, yet I wouldn’t call myself a fan. I think with Sting it’s different because his music touches my heart. It’s more than entertainment. It’s almost part of me, like it’s woven into my DNA.

How do you show your fandom?
For me, it’s all about the live music. In my pre-teen years I realized I wanted to travel the world to see concerts and opened a “Sting Fund” savings account when I was 15. Over the years the bank balance has gone up and down depending on how much touring Sting does. It’s ended in a deficit after a few tours, but it’s always been there, meaning I’m always ready for the next gig!

What’s your favorite song from Sting? Why?
I’m pretty sure if you asked me this every day of the week you would get a different answer. I’m not sure I have a favorite, but I love certain songs for different reasons. Some just make me happy when I hear them (“Bring on the Night”), some are utter genius (“A Thousand Years”), some are revealing (“Language of Birds”), some take on different meanings depending on the setting (“Ghost Story”), some sound like you’re actually in the song (“The Wild Wild Sea”), some have a really interesting chord sequence (“The End of the Game”), and some I just love listening to (“Fortress Around Your Heart”).

How do you stay connected with your favorite artist?
Well, Sting.com is a pretty great way to stay in touch. The information is always accurate, genuine, and comes straight from Sting’s team. The fan message boards are usually buzzing when there’s something new for us to get excited about.

What’s your favorite piece of memorabilia?
I don’t really collect memorabilia as such. I’d rather buy a concert ticket than a souvenir. In terms of keepsakes, I made an album of some photos I took during The Police Reunion Tour in 2007/2008. I left some pages blank and got other fans and friends that I shared the tour with to write messages in it. It’s a rock ’n’ roll version of a school yearbook that I’ll treasure forever.

Do you collect concert tickets? If so, can you tell us about the experience?
I have a shoebox full of them! As time has gone on, though, I’ve found that printed tickets have become less exciting. Now, the option to print tickets at home or using a barcode on your phone, while convenient, doesn’t look quite as good in my shoe box.

Tell us your ‪#FirstLastNext‬‬‬‬‬ concert?‬
My very first concert was The Police back in 1983. Teenage girl, favorite rock stars, same building. Imagine the excitement!!

My last concert was an amazing band called Fiction Plane. They did a mini tour of California last month that I flew out for. Kick-*** awesome!

The next concert I have tickets for is Sting and Peter Gabriel in the summer. That’s a killer double bill and I’m really looking forward to it!

How far have you travelled to see a show?
Distance never really matters when I’m deciding which shows to go to. I go where the gig is. I guess in terms of distance, the furthest city from home would be Sydney, Australia, but I’ve visited some really interesting places and had lots of really fun times. I worked out the other day that, added together, my concert trips would have taken me to the moon and a bit of the way back

What’s a little-known fact about Sting?
He’s fearless! Well, he’s the embodiment of the “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway” mantra. He takes risks, aims high, and never seems to let the threat of failure stop him. He doesn’t try to please people and doesn’t care what the critics think.

If you could tell Sting one thing, what would it be?
Well, saying thank you seems a bit lame, but my life would have been very different had Sting remained a schoolteacher. Aside from my parents, he is without a doubt the biggest, most positive influence and best teacher I could have had. A lot of his messages are very relatable and he stands for many causes I believe in. The best added benefit of a lifetime of traveling to see him perform though has been the awesome friends I have made around the world. Real, solid friendships that have lasted 20+ years, and for that I am truly grateful. I guess that’s a longwinded way of saying thanks for rocking my world!

Post #275368
Posted 21 February 2016 19:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Well that is just pure obsession!!!

Post #275369
Posted 22 February 2016 18:56

Supreme Being

Wow !! That's dedication.

Post #275397
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:33am