James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Haters Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 17 May 2012 15:31
Today I've feeling weird : actually I've realized I DO liked Noel Gallagher's songs ... but not so much as I like James so I guess Honour's safe
Post #201534
Posted 15 June 2016 19:13

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
Listening to Goodbye My Lover and loving it a bit more each time. It is an absolutely gorgeous song. Then I though of how I couldn't have listened to this song when I was going through a hard time letting someone go.

From what I've seen, people deal with grief in different ways. As an example death, some cry their hearts out and others become stoic. Some wallow in it, some distance themselves from it, some goes further to ridicule it.

I find some of James' music very direct and raw emotionally. I wonder if, at least, some of the reaction might be due to the listeners' inability to deal with their own pain at the time. Maybe James is just too good at doing what he did.

At some point though, each and every one of us will face some kind of trouble, and eventually all can relate to James' lyrics.

On a different note; I loved You're Beautiful when that came out, and I though the backlash and criticism was rubbish and completely undeserved. I hoped then that he ignored it and was enjoying life, and apparently he was. Looking back now, I really admire how James had dealt with the excessive harsh criticisms. I think his spirit, how he remain a kind generous person, is a big part of why I'm a fan.

ETA: having said that, I hope James continues to make heartfelt music. I should feel guilty, there's a voyeuristic quality, but I just love watching his emotional performances.
Post #276736
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:28am