James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Haters Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 03 October 2012 17:27
I used to think it was just Sydney. Sadly, my city seems to suffer from an almost terminal case of "tall poppy syndrome" ... Cut down the tallest blooms or brightest stars at every possible opportunity, and James was no exception to this. But it seems to happen to everyone at some point. Then I learned that it happened to James pretty much everywhere, especially in the UK. That was a little tougher for me to take, though not too bad and I know James is a big boy and I'm sure he can deal with it (or most likely, ignore it).

But this tour has been really irritating for me. Not only could I not afford a ticket until they'd all sold out, so I completely missed out (*sob!*), but the only press he got here in Sydney was people slagging him off. Even my favourite breakfast radio show basically slagged him right off. I was so cranky with them that I couldn't even ring up to tell them off. I was just so annoyed! If you don't like his music, fair enough. I don't expect everyone to love it. I don't like certain artists or certain genres of music, so I expect that other people are the same way, having their own likes and dislikes. But there's no need to be rude about it.

Okay, even *I* questioned the sanity of having James play to a packed Suncorp Stadium right before the State of Origin opening game. I mean really? This is *the* toughest rugby league forum in the world. These guys get out there and quite often rip each other apart. I've personally witnessed some of the most shocking and brutal moments of rugby league during a State of Origin match ... so the incongruity of having a man who sings soulful, (mostly) gentle, romantic, and tragic songs right before 90 minutes of big beefy men ripping each other's heads off made me go "what the???". Regardless, the one song I saw televised was really good. It was nice to see James singing, though it did rub it in that I'd missed out on the concert. *sob!*

Personally I think the fact he kept going, despite the luke-warm response to the first song (well, it looked it from the tv, not sure what it was actually like if you were there) is testament to his professionalism.

But it was the personal attacks that came next day from my favourite breakfast radio show that really did me in. Yes, they pointed out the incongruity of it all, but they barely had a nice thing to say about the performance at all. And then they hit an all-time low, in my books. When you've got nothing nice to say about a singer, and then you start questioning whether or not he's padded his jeans with a few pairs of socks ... Go get a life. Immediately. Rent one if you must, because you obviously don't have one of your own. Seriously, why is the size of James' ...erm ... equipment ... any of your business? And how exactly does that have anything to do with his singing?

If it makes any difference, James, I was dancing around, singing along and trying so hard to imagine myself at your concert instead of watching you on TV. I'm really sad I missed out on seeing your concert and even if the radio personalities and concert reviewers in Sydney have no taste, no tact, and generally no manners, *I* would be happy to have you back again (and hopefully this time I'd be able to get a ticket).
Post #180900
Posted 05 June 2011 06:34

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 22 September 2015 03:31
I hate the haters. I can see why maybe some guys might not like his style of music and the fact that James is so emotional and sentimental. But those are the things I love about him the most. It's their loss I guess if they can't appreciate great talent if they see it. They probably enjoy meaningless crap music. I listen to all sorts of music and there is no way James should be hated, I listen to a lot of heavy stuff, as well, but great songwriting and a beautiful voice and hot English guy, what's not to love? Taste in music is a personal thing, I guess.
Post #181795
Posted 05 June 2011 23:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
DHMF First off, I have to say, since following him 5 years ago, I was gleeing about James, telling everyone that I like him, my favorite singer.

Whenever I mentioned him at the time to anyone, people often refer to him as "THE MAN WITH THE WHINY VOICE!" because of YB.

DHMF, I can really relate to that...you start "gleeing" (nice expression!) about this great singer and his unique voice, only to find that nearly everybody around you starts making cheap shots about him and obviously knows nothing more about him than the fact he sang YB. It's SO tiring.  In the end I just stopped talking about him at work, because every time his name was mentioned people were being unkind and nobody understood why I was defending him - one woman even had the nerve to say I was acting like I belonged to a cult or something!  They'll never understand how James' music has helped me in all sorts of ways, or why I feel such loyalty towards somebody I barely know.  They don't get it and never will, which is why these days I only share my feelings about James with other boardies and one or two friends that I've managed to "convert" into the JB "cult". 

Of course I realise he's no angel and I don't idolise him, but I am very enthusiastic about his music and concerts, and admire him as a person too.  When you're full of enthusiasm and other people constantly want to pour cold water on it, it can be very isolating.

Elizabeth...you seem to feel much as I do about all this.  We try to laugh it off and make jokes about the haters, but sometimes it gets to us.  At times like that it's good to be in company with other boardies on the forum.   I really hope you get to see James in concert somehow - it's just great to be amongst lots of other fans, enjoying the music and watching James feed off the energy and enthusiasm of his supporters.

Oh, and as for the theory about padding his jeans with socks...er, how can I put this delicately?    When I had a front row seat at his BBC concert and was just a few feet from him, it was VERY obvious to me that James would not require any enhancement in that department!   I know it's naughty to speculate on this, but it may be another reason why so many men are jealous of him!

W'fan
Post #181901
Posted 06 June 2011 09:53
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 25 April 2012 10:26
I agree totally! It's only men who think he puts socks in there just because they are jealous. My male friend brought up the sock issue at a recent show. I told him it's real!
Post #181939
Posted 07 June 2011 13:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 January 2019 19:43
Wolverinefan, your last paragraph...I'm speechless.
Post #182075
Posted 07 June 2011 13:44

Supreme Being

Aline, in my defence, the stage was quite low and my chair was only 2 feet from the edge so my eyes were sort of on a level with James' lower half.  I can assure you most of the time I was looking at his lovely face, but sometimes when he walked around I couldn't help noticing his, err...side profile!

I find it very amusing that the haters, having noticed this same thing, have convinced themselves that it can't be real!  James can't help it that Mother Nature bestowed so many gifts on him and to be honest he's very generous in sharing them with people...of course, I'm referring to his voice.

W'fan
Post #182077
Posted 07 June 2011 14:39

Supreme Being

Last Login: 06 June 2012 16:48
lol, very funny Wolverinefan,,lol, sure ,,sure you're talking about the music,,
Post #182082
Posted 07 June 2011 16:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 October 2013 18:11
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk!!!!!

This is a reminder to myself!

To avoid serious attacks of feeling acute embarrassment for James's sake in the future: 

- PLEASE!   Remember!    Never, Never ever step into this thread again!    Ever!

Not reading! Not reading! Not reading! 

Post #182089
Posted 07 June 2011 17:35

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 January 2019 19:43
kt07zse, I'm going to copy and paste your reminder. Thanks!  I like your new avatar btw.

W'fan, It's my lunch break, but I couldn't help to come here to see your reply... No need to sit in front row, just look at certain pictures... and no, I won't tell you which ones.   OK, it's better for me not to say one more word, otherwise I could put myself in deep trouble by using a wrong translation.    It's hot in here!

Post #182098
Posted 07 June 2011 18:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2018 00:25
Clearly, some of the haters (if not all) are mad with envy that they are not as well hung.
I meant to say, well sung.
Post #182100
Posted 07 June 2011 19:09

Supreme Being

jbfan132 (07/06/2011)
kt07zse, I'm going to copy and paste your reminder. Thanks!  I like your new avatar btw.

Thanks jbfan132!

Glad you like my new avatar.

I made it up myself.

Maybe it mirrors something of me,

or, perhaps, what was going on in my mind at the time.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs KT.

Post #182101
Posted 07 June 2011 22:56

Supreme Being

MSF-Fan - "well hung sung"!!! Ha ha ha - absolutely classic!

Kt07 - I can feel the heat from your blushing face from here!  Apologies if this thread has been a bit of an eye opener for you!

Aline - yes, I also have some rather interesting shots of James...why do you think I'm so busy with my camera all the time?   One day, I may even get around to taking some pictures of his face!

Seriously, I don't make a habit of staring at blokes' equipment, but it's hard to avoid something that's staring you in the face, so to speak!

W'fan
Post #182122
Posted 08 June 2011 07:41

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 June 2018 01:18
I'm with you there kt07zse... W-Fan, you're a funny woman! lol I guess when the obvious almost seems like it wants to start conversating.. lol  Maybe James had a, now lets see (scratches chin) what's that phrase again, a woody! Oh yes, maybe he had a woody.. DOWN BOY! I mean, {coughs} the eyes go up not down.. O MY! I guess I never paid attention that before.. Surely now isn't at all the time or thought.. Goodness, lordy mercy, why in the world did an image just poke my head, I mean, pop in my head.. This doesn't set well with one celibate, I must be sleep walking, okay nighty night... {Yawns} See you in another thread.. Bye bye now... {Yawns}
Post #182144
Posted 08 June 2011 12:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 24 June 2014 15:58
Oh my goodness!!! Ladies I have laughed so hard at your comments of this brisant topic that I had tears in my eyes. Too funny.

But Wolverinefan you are absolutely right, sometimes we aren`t able to close our eyes because of that leaps to the eye!

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/05/25/1226062/958297-james-blunt.jpg

Post #182148
Posted 08 June 2011 14:05

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 December 2017 23:06

Well my eyes have been opened ladies! I would never have noticed such a thing, not the sort of thing I go around contemplating. But now you come to mention it....

(What on earth would James think of this discussion??? And poor Billy probably has to read it all )

And now maybe I understand better James' joke about 'parrot smugglers' on the Australian Warner Music interview...and his joke about being bigger with no clothes on.... OK time to go...
Post #182162
Posted 08 June 2011 15:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 October 2014 17:59
I just had to think about haters again when I read some nasty comments about James' music under a link from eventim on their faceboo page some days ago. Mostly it is so that either people love him, or hate him. People with objective opinions about him are absolutely rarely..
Actually I gave up justify being a JB fan a long time ago, 'cause it never made really sense to try to describe those people what we feel for his music. As JB fan, we have to absorb much mocking, I'm sure every boardie experienced moments when family, friends or other people insult James and his music, and you know, often it feels as if they insult not just him, but also yourself, because you are the ones who adore him.

People who strictly say, they just don't like his music, but accept him are absolutely okay. But differently are these haters, that never have meaningful meanings! You know, they typically say "he's gay, thats a womens voice, he is a sissy, his music is just howling" - and so on. If I hear them speak such things, there's an anger growing up in me!
I'd love to write a whole book about the facts, that James is'nt a sissy, what his music means, which talent is in the little english man, what his lyrics imply and all the useful arguments to eclipse the people with such opinions!

Well, if I see the gain in association with the "haters", it's when I meet them, I directly know what kind of human they are, because nothing shows a personality better than the music taste.
Post #182164
Posted 08 June 2011 16:33

Supreme Being

DITR, Trixie, Lucia,

Your comments are cracking me up right now! Maybe we need to start a separate thread on this highly important topic...called something like:

"James' Biggest Asset"! It's funny to picture James reading all this...I hope it makes him smile.

BluntySusan - I know just how you feel.  It's true, when people start insulting James, it does sometimes feel like they're also insulting us, because many of us feel a sense of loyalty towards him.  The loyalty that James inspires is pretty unusual.  That in itself speaks volumes about him.

W'fan
Post #182168
Posted 08 June 2011 18:17

Supreme Being

Wolverinefan (07/06/2011)

Kt07 - I can feel the heat from your blushing face from here!  Apologies if this thread has been a bit of an eye opener for you!

Dear Wolfie!

I read your words,

but somehow,

I find it very hard to believe you are that sorry.

Naughty Wolfie!!!

Post #182174
Posted 08 June 2011 20:13

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 December 2017 23:06
Wolverinefan (08/06/2011)

Maybe we need to start a separate thread on this highly important topic...called something like: "James' Biggest Asset"!

No, maybe we shouldn't go there...
Post #182181
Posted 08 June 2011 20:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 May 2012 15:31
" a Man's greatness can be measured by his ennemies" I read somewhere...

JB haters only annoy me when they restrict him to YB's singer, back to 2003...After three albums I mean, it's just boring. It usually ends with "hey, don't you know youtube? Where exactly do you live?"

When it comes to other matters (criticizing what he does, who he is or was etc..) I tend to be more prolix (and less polite)

Post #182184
Posted 08 June 2011 21:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 July 2018 17:08
OMG I hadn't come back on this thread for ages and what do I see!!

Wolverinefan I am.... speechless, and Laughing out Loud!

(and can totally relate to what you said in your first paragraph - about people at work who don't know anything more than the fact he sang YB and make not-so-nice comments about him)
Post #182190
Posted 08 June 2011 22:23

Supreme Being

kt07zse

Dear Wolfie!

I read your words,

but somehow,

I find it very hard to believe you are that sorry.

Naughty Wolfie!!!

This is a common problem with us wolves...we're all very misunderstood.  Ever since that episode with Red Riding Hood we've had a bit of an image problem.  As for the 3 Little Pigs, that story was grossly exaggerated.   

W'fan
Post #182198
Posted 08 June 2011 23:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2016 22:05
This is a common problem with us wolves...we're all very misunderstood. Ever since that episode with Red Riding Hood we've had a bit of an image problem. As for the 3 Little Pigs, that story was grossly exaggerated.

HAHAHAHA LMAO!!! Thank you Wolverinefan! This really made my crappy day!
Post #182200
Posted 09 June 2011 02:01

Supreme Being

Ruby, it's no laughing matter.  Because of those silly stories we've been hunted to extinction in parts of the world.  No wonder we have a habit of howling at the moon - it's not easy being a wolf! 

And as for sheep - don't get me started!  They're not as timid as people think.  They're real trouble makers, some of them...going about in huge gangs, intimidating anyone who won't join their flock.  Many's the time I've been cornered on a dark night and ended up having to kill one, but it's always been self defence!

W'fan
Post #182219
Posted 09 June 2011 02:30

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 July 2014 14:54
*Ms Honey comes in with her eyes to the ground daring not to look up at Trixi_T's photo of James. Ms Honey is carrying a big industrial fan to cool the ladies off.  She switches it on low.*

You know what lovely ladies and one very sheepish Wolf.  I am not going to even touch, oops, comment on James' bottom half. May I give you some advice though?  You should stop discussing Mr Blunt like this or something will grown on him.  HIS EGO LADIES!  Tsk, Tsk, Tsk for thinking of something else.  Shame on you all.  I think you need this fan on high.

*Ms Honey whips the fan around to turbo boost and then goes running after Wolverinefan as she goes flying to the other side of the room.*
Post #182224
Posted 09 June 2011 02:47

Supreme Being

You should stop discussing Mr Blunt like this or somethingwill grown on him. HIS EGO LADIES!

HAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!! .. I almost choked on my soda when I read your post ms.honey. Ok I have now learned that I must not eat or drink anything when I'm about to read one of your posts!

And you actually got me on that one. I WAS thinking of something else .. And no I don't have a dirty mind at all! .. Really! I was easily tricked that's all!
Post #182226
Posted 09 June 2011 03:07

Supreme Being

I'm sorry that I laughed about it Wolvie, I didn't mean to offend you and the other wolves .. If it makes it any better. I like the sound of howling wolves. It sounds creepy but still nice.

OMG are sheep really that bad ***? When I go to school or work and I sit in the train I always enjoy watching them in the landscapes. It's so much fun to see them enjoying to be outside and eating the grass. I would never thought in a million years that they are trouble makers! Huge gangs you say! I'm really shocked. I don't think I can ever look at them the same way anymore. They seem so nice and I would never thought that they would intimidate anyone. Gosh they seem so peaceful! Self defense you say ...... Well because of all the things I've read here I will believe it this time
Post #182227
Posted 09 June 2011 03:19

Supreme Being

Ruby, take my word for it - those sheep are dangerous!  They get on my nerves, bleating on all the time, looking all tasty helpless, like butter wouldn't melt on their butts in their mouths.  I would have turned vegetarian years ago, if they'd only stop picking fights with me!

Ms.honey, please don't add insult to injury by comparing me to those creatures!  My fur only just finished growing back after you set fire to it a while back, and now you've blown it all the wrong way with your turbo fan. 

So, back on topic...now where are all those haters?  Can't seem to detect any around here, just 54,000 or so fans.  My, it's crowded round this place!

W'fan
Post #182228
Posted 09 June 2011 05:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 18 July 2014 14:54
Well that's all the thanks I get Wolvie for stopping you from flying out the window. Ungracious lot you Wolves.

*Ms Honey sits down and brushes Wolvie's fur back in to place.*

GOOD LORD! I have just seen Trixi_T's photo of James. OH MY! It's hypnotic. I can't look away. It just stands out. That shirt is so sexy. I had you there for a minute ladies didn't I?

*Ms Honey continues to brush Wolvie's fur.*

Oh and Wolvie stop corrupting xRuby's innocent mind. She's a lovely girl who's head is now filled with James' bits and bobs. Don't flash your smile at me young Wolf. It won't work on me. Oh hang on. You have something between your teeth.

*Ms Honey gets the tooth pick and gets a piece of white fluffy wool out of Wolvie's fangs. She goes back to brushing Wolvie's fur.*

Post #182234
Posted 09 June 2011 14:05

Supreme Being

Thanks Ms.Honey,

I feel much better now.  That was actually a bit of dental floss that got stuck in my fangs...I find it hard holding it with my paws.

It's a full time job, keeping my fur groomed.  While you're here could you give my tail a good going over please?

W'fan
Post #182249
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 9:56am