James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12345ĽĽĽ

Haters Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:58
does it bother you all as much as it does me. All the haters out there who try slating JB on a regular basis?
Post #18477
Posted 14 July 2008 12:22

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Hi bluntamaniac daz, it used to bother me and i used to get quite upset with the things they said but now i just think 'Oh well it's your loss' xx
Post #18478
Posted 14 July 2008 14:01

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 14 May 2014 03:07
I completely agree with lonelydancer. We Blunty fans are a very confident lot! We know a treasure when we see it. Frankly, I love having JB to myself!!!

Their loss indeed!
Post #18479
Posted 14 July 2008 16:20
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:55
I'm with LonelyDancer. The kids at my school use to make fun of him, but they've stoppped now that they now what a big fan I am!
Post #18480
Posted 14 July 2008 22:38
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

just like to say, people have nothing better to do than slate others, why it really annoys me, just cause someone is doing well, or have a better relationship than thy have or better job, whatever it is, it must make them feel better in thier sad little world, but what they dont realise is that if they concentrated on thier own lives instead of pulling other people down, they would be a lot happier with what they have got, am i wrong you might think so,
at the end of the day who gives a crap they are only jealous,dont matter weather your famous or average joe in street, there is always someone jealous of you
i am not a great fan of jb but i listen to his albums quite a lot, his songs mean something to me in my own way, i think thats the same with most people you relate the songs to something thats happened to you or what nyour going through, jb has written them for his reasons, like what he or his friends have gone through, i listen to the lyrics more than music, and i dont think you can just make his up without going through some of it, i wouldnt and wont slate him
Post #18481
Posted 15 July 2008 06:25
Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 February 2015 01:36
bluntamaniac daz --- I've come to realise the ones who slate him obviously don't know anything much at all about James, so their piffling comments just have me thinking less of THEM and/or the publications they represent.
Post #18482
Posted 15 July 2008 13:14

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:57
well i reckon everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if we all thought the same then life would be pretty boring so i accept that people aren't a fan but i really hate it when they don't accept that i am a fan. people should get to know his music a bit before they judge him or laugh at me because i went to his concert like as if it's a bad thing.

we all know how great james's work is and appreciate it so why worry about what others think. like lonely dancer said: it's their loss.
Post #18483
Posted 15 July 2008 17:18
Supreme Being

it still bothers me, not so much though.

except this girl who makes fun of EVERYONE called James a 'drug addict', it wasn't the fact that it was about James, it wasn't the fact that shes mean to everyone, but the fact that she says that.

no matter who they are, you dont talk about a person like that!
that just got me so mad that people say things like that.
Post #18484
Posted 18 July 2008 15:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 16:20
the slating doesnt really say anything about James.. it usually says more about the people themselves.... so no, I am not bothered by people who want others to know what kind of people they really are ...
Post #18485
Posted 21 July 2008 12:22

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2013 13:31
who?
Post #18486
Posted 22 July 2008 12:25
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 August 2013 14:59
The haters pose more of an overcomable challenge than an annoying obstacle
Post #18487
Posted 23 July 2008 12:04
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:54
Imagine, people require a purpose in their life, but how sad it is that some of them find purpose in 'hating'. If only we could harness that energy and channel it into something more constructive rather than destructive.
Post #18488
Posted 24 July 2008 10:56
Supreme Being

Last Login: 21 March 2013 10:56
Who cares about people with that mentality, Unless your dead you have nothing to complain about.
Post #18489
Posted 24 July 2008 15:23
Forum Newbie

its not the fact that we should not care what they say, the fact is that other people start believing what the haters say, personally i dont believe what anyone says about someone unless i hear it from that person myself, but sometimes it still puts a bit doubt in your mind, its natural
Post #18490
Posted 28 July 2008 19:50

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

yeah the haters are annoying, I guess it's sad that they don't have anything better to do than spread lies and hatred. I personally don't like a lot of rap, but I don't go on and on in message boards about how bad I think rap is.

this is a side note but most times I see "JB" on the internet it is referring to the Jonas Brothers, not James Blunt haha.
Post #18491
Posted 14 August 2008 13:52
Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 November 2014 21:03
Yes, it upsets me.
Post #18492
Posted 10 September 2008 06:54

Supreme Being

Last Login: 31 August 2017 10:50
Nope, the haters don't bother me. They are not worth my time, energy and effort.

If they don't like James, that is their prerogative. It is their problem...NOT MINE

So to hell with the haters

Jill
Post #18493
Posted 10 September 2008 12:46

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 January 2013 13:31
WHO?

I know none. some who try have nothing better to do.
Post #18494
Posted 03 October 2008 16:32

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:21
Jas8 posted -
02 Oct 2008 11:54 pm Post subject: Let the aggression pass, Mate.

Jimbo,
Ive just read a news paper article that said the poxy british have been harping at you, still - offering to pay you to stop what you do ! (open mouthed shock).

Im in Sydney Australia, and i havent bought one of you albums but am aware of your songs and their heart relieving sentiments... and yes there has been an extended period even out here where it seemed your voice had melded with the ether.

But I'm so sorry .
I apologise to you on behalf of all the block-heads that have respnded with negativity.
I dip my cap at a man that can emerge form an armed force and release such a flow if feeling.
I want you to know how proud I am of you that you are not only able but whole and thank you for being a terrific example of tender masculinity.

I wish you were a more tangible part of my life mate i think you would be a a good guy to be around.
I'm really looking forward to see how you respond to this new chapter, musically, and when your music refelcts a joyous flow the world will embrace that also. But even if they dont, know that many of us see you and lvoe it.

Breath deep, you're a gem.

PS, its 29 degrees topping out at 33 today in sunny, sparkiling Sydney and ".... you're beautiful...' is coursing through my mind.

Cheers.

baby.vegas Posted: 03 Oct 2008 01:11 pm
I think it is something dreamed up by certain members of the press.
Probably gives them something to talk about or hold on to instead of moving on to something interesting and informative.

Maybe people dont speak to them anymore? but people buy the papers.

Wolverine Posted: 03 Oct 2008 03:11 pm
Jas8

"I dip my cap at a man that can emerge form an armed force and release such a flow if feeling.
I want you to know how proud I am of you that you are not only able but whole and thank you for being a terrific example of tender masculinity."

I'll second that. I get very tired of the press constantly having a go at James, plus the silly endless comments implying he's gay (though if he was it wouldn't change my feelings about him and his music).

Sometimes the British press make me ashamed to be English. James seems to rise above it well, though he must get tired of it sometimes.

If people don't like James' music that's their choice and I've no problem with that. But the amount of hatred that's directed at him is totally out of order and unjustified. I'm just thankful James concentrates on his music and continues to give us, his many loyal fans, what we want. Even when he's not on top form I'd rather watch him than anyone else (esp. those moronic Gallagher brothers - James on his worst day is still 100 times better than they will ever be).
Post #18495
Posted 03 October 2008 17:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 May 2017 21:21
The blank cheque thing...that was off the back of that uncut q&a, wasn't it? All questions and answers tongue-in-cheek...not to be taken seriously! But I'll lay bets he knew the pay-me-to-stop-playing thing would be picked up and run with by the tabloid press ;-)

It's all a bit of fun, don't stress.
Post #18496
Posted 03 October 2008 18:04

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
Quote...

"But I'll lay bets he knew the pay-me-to-stop-playing thing would be picked up and run with by the tabloid press ;-) "

Yes, you're probably right, even as he said it he probably had an idea where it would lead but said it anyway. His sense of humour and fun keeps him from stressing about it so maybe I'll try to follow his lead on this one. I'd follow him anywhere....

W'fan
Post #18497
Posted 03 October 2008 18:51
Supreme Being

Last Login: 12 December 2013 17:40
Another Brit with a sense of humour which the journalists didn't get, Ricky Gervais (From "The Office", said: "Someone asked me what three things I would save if my house was on fire. I said my cat, my salamander and one of the twins. Later a journalist asked how are the twins?"
He doesn't even have kids, lol!
Post #18498
Posted 05 October 2008 16:21

Last Login: 21 May 2011 17:33
It absolutely bothers me. Especially since the majority of it comes from his own country. There are plenty of Americans the Brits can hate (may I suggest George Bush), why pick on one of their own?

I think James should start singing a cover of Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" in concert. The lyrics say:

Well I wont back down, no I wont back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I wont back down

Gonna stand my ground, wont be turned around
And Ill keep this world from draggin me down
Gonna stand my ground and I wont back down

Hey baby, there aint no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I wont back down.

Well I know whats right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin me around
But Ill stand my ground and I wont back down

Hey baby there aint no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I wont back down
No, I wont back down
Post #18499
Posted 05 October 2008 22:29
Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 November 2017 13:56
i just say to them

I'm A Lost Soul And I Dnt Care : )
Post #18500
Posted 06 October 2008 01:42
Supreme Being

JB becomes celebrity for years, he shall learn & maybe has PR know to handle those slating & gossips, my love for his songs & performance are persistent, this is not mandatory political voting, just a hobby, so I don't are if it is prejudice.
Post #18501
Posted 06 October 2008 02:18
Supreme Being

Those that have a problem with Blunt are simply too unnearved at themselves. I find that the only reason for disliking a good-natured person is because they're either confused, or they have little but turmoil on their minds.
Post #18502
Posted 10 October 2008 20:33
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

They are either jealous, stupid or looking for some kind of attention ie. journalists, tabloids.
How good is it to be none of the above........yeahhhh.
Post #18503
Posted 25 May 2011 23:57

JB.com Admin

JB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com AdminJB.com Admin

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 21:21
blackberry_gumdrops Posted Yesterday @ 19:43

I've yet to wrap my head around the UKs love/hate relationship with JB. I don't really understand what sparks so much controversy? The majority of the UK population seems to love him as a guilty pleasure, like keeping vodka under the sink.

His music is brilliant, his stage performance is amazing and heís a genuinely likable guy, but he seems to bring out the worst in the critics every time he picks up an instrument... If they donít like him I canít understand why they are willing to invest so much time into criticism?

Thereís a lot of popular artists that I think are absolute crap, but I donít use it as a conversation starter because I donít care enough... I can see how those that love him do so with such intensity, but those that donít like him sure seem to be passionate about it...?

Can you imagine putting as much energy into trash-talking beiber as Blunts critics do him?
To what end?
What do they see him as such a threat to?

xRuby Posted Yesterday @ 20:05

I really don't understand why people hate him so much. His voice seems to irritate people which I can't understand either .. I agree with you, his music is brilliant and his stage performance is amazing!

I think people are just jealous. James has a high voice and not everyone loves that. James shares his life experiences in his songs and expresses his feelings about things he has been through in his songs. People find his songs very depressive and melancholic.

To me, James is one a kind and the BEST singer EVER! I LOVE his high voice .. He has a calming and very soothing voice. Every time when I listen to his songs I am touched again! His songs make me laugh, happy, cry but I just love it! Thanks to his songs I feel understood. I can relate myself to so many things he sings in his songs and that is just why I love him because I feel understood! James and especially his voice are very unique and are one of a kind

I don't understand either why people hate and criticize him so much but I think that those people are jealous people who don't understand his music. To love him, you must understand what he sings about and you have to feel it. If you don't, you won't understand him and you will not like it.

Dorine Posted Yesterday @ 21:17

Kim Kardashian made one smart remark once: I do not care what they talk about, as long as they talk about me... Something like that, anyway...
Who cares.... I think the people who love him know better. I think, uhm hope.. he is past the stage where everything gets to you.
Jealousy, most likely, which says more about the people criticizing than about James

Wolverinefan Posted Yesterday @ 22:47

Short answer - jealousy. James has it all - not many people can say that.

Many men seem to find his voice annoying, so they are genuinely perplexed that:
a) so many women love his songs and b) he has such a phenomenal success rate with women.

Ruby - agree with everything you said.

Tanglewood Posted Today @ 01:25

As a few of you have already said, it's jealousy!

vinylgirl Posted Today @ 02:57

Seems like it doesn't matter what a person does for a living because whatever you do, there's always some IDIOT out there who's going to dislike it and complain about it. I pray that it doesn't phase James and the boys.

All that matters are him and the people who love him. And obviously, millions do. So that's what truly counts.

I'm so secluded from anything about James here in smalltown USA that I never hear anything bad about him and that is perfectly fine with me!

*DITR~AGO Posted Today @ 04:29

I don't like it when nature calls and I go off on a tiny spurt like this, seems I waste my energy.. Agree with you all too, but just can't help to think that these are grown adults that thinks it's cool to degrade another, no matter who you are, to make themselves look good.. How pathetic is that! Maybe that's how they spent their time in school and stuck there like a child; pumpous rumpouse what have yous! Or perhaps it's a tough world that made them that way. Too, I feel they're wasting their energy also, because, our man still STANDS.. He is honest, ture and a profound, successful musician.. His music no matter what the softness, people in general are really terrified of soft emotions. It's true to his heart.. Because he represents, just being himself, our human existence through what he sings.. What do they think, he's weak and prey on it, well and I have to say; and lord forgive me for this one.. They have "Life" & BS all messed up.. I didn't want to use the F-word for mess, so I'm done with this rampage... I guess it's because I know you don't have to be famous, being human to have people for no apparent reason to say or treat you the way they do.. Why am I not suprised. So well done James and thank you Blackberry Gum-drops. I hope you get some closure...
~~Leaves thread lollipop in hand and whistles a It's My Life tune...

Lucia2 Posted Today @ 09:11

Although I really like Jamesí music I can see why it might not be to everybodyís taste.

Some donít like the sound of his voice; he has a fairly high pitch for a guy. Some people are not going to like his style of music; we all have different tastes after all. For some they donít like his lyrics because their personality is different and they donít appreciate the outpouring of emotion, finding it too sentimental and in some ways too simple in its expression of those emotions. But I love his music for exactly all of these reasons because that is what I am like and what my taste is like!

But that peculiarly British animosity, I think that has different roots. I donít think it is as simple as just jealousy; there are lots of successful people who donít necessarily inspire the same reaction. I think it can only be understood in the context of the underlying class prejudices in the UK. In some there is still significant prejudice against people from a different background from themselves and for a sector of the population this is very much against anyone who is perceived to have come from a privileged background. The reaction is not to do with him personally, he is likely to be judged and what he says and does interpreted by peopleís underlying assumptions about what someone from his background and with his accent is like. And I wonder if the years of Labour government in the UK in recent history, with its emphasis against privilege in the interests of promoting equality of opportunity has in some ways fanned that prejudice.

I think that there can be almost cultural differences between people of different backgrounds that lead to misunderstandings. For example I think that traditional public (ie private) schools in the UK instil a certain way of conducting yourself and expressing yourself that some from other backgrounds would interpret as being arrogant and insincere, even if they are not. Of course some are like that but letís face it, people of any background can be insincere and arrogant! Also I think humour can be different leading to misunderstandings. Certainly at times Jamesí humour is misunderstood, although maybe deliberately by journalists at times.

I think the journalists who write very negatively about him often do so for newspapers etc that appeal to people with left wing political leanings, such as the Guardian, or a primarily working class readership such as The Sun. So they are writing to appeal to the prejudices, which are either for political or social reasons, of a proportion of their readers against those from a privileged background.

So I guess the guilty pleasure thing is those who you would expect to be prejudiced against him because of his background but actually find they enjoy listening to his music despite that. Or those who do in fact relate to his emotional lyrics but due to the traditional British thing of not being too outwardly emotional are embarrassed to admit it! (Perhaps that particularly applies to some men??)

That was too long wasn't it?!

Trixi_T Posted Today @ 10:10

The only thing that counts is that we love him.
~
I`m not able to give all the reasons for it. It would take me hours and lots of pages and my English isn`t good enough for that. And I`m sure we all are thinking and feeling the same, aren`t we?

saragru Posted Today @ 11:33

In my country James' perception is in different ways: Someone loves him, someone else find him boring , and someone else likes him just a little bit and finds hard to admit it. To me, one of the reasons of this prejudice can be that James is known by his sad and slow singles who are songs that put out many feelings. Nowdays is not so "cool" to do that. Some people don't understand, don't appreciate that Him do honest and simple songs, they stupidly just think that he is doing that on purpose to sell much more. Sadly the simple things are every day more despised.
And.. would be ok if someone doesn't like his voice, or him, but what i don't admit are the prejudice about him.

Wolverinefan Posted Today @ 12:35

Lucia...are you competing with me for the LPA - Long Post Award?!? Seriously, lots of good points made there about inverted snobbery, which certainly comes into play where James is concerned.

Saragru - I think you're right that "the simple things are every day more despised" in this cynical age we live in. (By the way, that's a lovely new avatar pic you've got there Sara.)

Trinity Posted Today @ 12:38

Admitting you like James Blunt is equivalent to saying your homophobic when you're the one who's gay. Haters are too ignorant to know any better.
Don't lash back but ....instead, pity them.

xRuby Posted Today @ 12:47

Ruby - agree with everything you said.
Thanks Wolverinefan! Yay! .. Haha!

Lucia2 Posted Today @ 12:56

I like thinking about stuff, it's a pleasant form of procrastination from the stuff I really need to be doing but don't really want to! Problem is brain gets too full thinking things round and round so I come and empty it out on here...

saragru Posted Today @ 13:01

Thanks Wolvie you're very kind!
Yes, sadly a cinical world..

*DITR~AGO Posted Today @ 15:06

Yes, Lucia2 good points made there... I honestly agree, it's those things we hardly take notice of and I feel perhaps it's more insecurities which gives an individual more leave to be cynical. You are very good with how you format on the subjects I've read around here, and like your style.
~
{chuckles} That was funny W-fan, with your comment on LPA.. A flip side to our shoter posts, it just so happens to be subjects like this we find our thoughts exceeding a short cut.. lol My comment above is not my norm, but am not ignorant to how some folks can be; And still try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Talking other things in consideration... Yes, I am a softy.. Can't always be good right... lol Don't answer that.. lol

Wolverinefan Posted Today @ 18:59

Actually, the thought just occurred to me that if all the haters suddenly changed their minds and started going to concerts, then:
a) James would probably only appear at massive arenas and we'd lose the intimate concert venues; b) the concert tickets would cost more; and c) he probably wouldn't come out after concerts to say hello to us, as there'd be too many people to make it manageable. So all in all, I'd like to THANK the haters - their loss is our gain!

Post #180803
Posted 26 May 2011 03:25

Supreme Being

Last Login: 25 February 2017 21:18
The way I look at it is simple, You have a choice, you either Love James or you Hate him. All of us on here have chosen to Love James and thats all that matters. If you chose not to be a fan then it is no skin of James's nose or ours as it means more James for us. Wolverinefan is right, keeping things on a smaller intimate scale is sooo much better then the big concert scene.

JAMES, DO NOT EVER CHANGE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU DO COS WE LOVE YOU FOR IT!!!

Jackie.

Post #180809
Posted 26 May 2011 05:30

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 February 2014 07:49
Hola amigas and amigos!!!

First off, I have to say, since following him 5 years ago, I was gleeing about James, telling everyone that I like him, my favorite singer.

Whenever I mentioned him at the time to anyone, people often refer to him as "THE MAN WITH THE WHINY VOICE!" because of YB.

I always wondered if he gotten bullied, like me and many others out there. It's really hard to ignore them because it gets to you.

I really hope that James does a video based on "IT GETS BETTER PROJECT" on YOUTUBE. But yeah, I often ask myself what would James do if he was in this situation?

Other than that, I see that it's totally jealously because other men see him hanging out with women, or the fact he has a success, etc, etc.

I think insteading of hating him, people should congratulate him on serving the country, him being able to sing about the problems of life.

Post #180814
ę Prev Topic | Next Topic Ľ

12345ĽĽĽ

All times are GMT, Time now is 7:44pm