James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Do you think James will receive a knighthood?... Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 23 February 2015 01:36
Dorian --- the stamps :-)

From what I gather, it's from the Queen for an individual who is or has contributed enormously toward the betterment of society or humanity, in whatever form --- and the recipient receives acknowledgement of that by way of a nighthood. They are then known as Sir someone or other - ie James would become Sir James Blunt.

Simply put, it's bestowed upon people in British, United Kingdom and Commonwealth countries. New Zealand and Australia used to be conferred upon with nighthoods until fairly recently, when each of our countries created our own individual awards for recognising achievements.

Feel free to correct my interpretation or add anything further folks.
Post #18064
Posted 20 December 2008 05:08

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 17:59
Oh now imagine a James Blunt stamp!! We get to lick the back of his head! Hmmmm x
Post #18065
Posted 20 December 2008 05:18
Supreme Being

LOL Lovely Lonely, actually sales of any stamps with James on them would go through the roof !!!
Post #18066
Posted 20 December 2008 10:07
Supreme Being

Last Login: 26 August 2010 22:56
Would it be such a travisty if the Royal's were no longer ?

All empires fall at some point . Change is good and the world needs floods of change right now .

I long for equality for all , evil, hurt and hate to be a abolished and love , kindness and peace to be revived as the norm .

;-(
Post #18067
Posted 20 December 2008 11:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
Spot on Pacha... very well put. It is an acknowledgement of outstanding achievement, and I believe that James is very deserving of such a title, but it may be some time before he is considered for one. It would be fantastic for James to be titled alongside the greats like Sir Elton John, Sir Bob Geldof and Sir Bono! It is not about the title or obtaining special treatment, but to be recognised for your contribution to society.
Post #18068
Posted 21 December 2008 23:28
Supreme Being

Julie loved your sentiments ----- "equality ...... love kindness and peace to be the norm"

Every country would do well to concentrate on those three attributes. Imagine what the world would be like then!!!

The word Empire is a very old-fashioned one to me, I don't think it applies in the same way as was originally intended. We've all moved on from there I believe.

New Zealand is still a Commonwealth member, and in terms of 'brotherhood' communication between them, that's a good thing. Also the Queen being Head of the Commonwealth is the very important hinge between all Commonweath countries. I personally have the greatest admiration and respect for her, not because of her title but because she is and has been well-informed and incredibly intelligent as the Head of the Commonwealth, and as Queen.

Having said all that, we're countries very much in our teenage years, if you will. Some wanting to break away and some having been shunned by the rest, as in Fiji's case. The naughty teenager. Hopefully the Commonwealth will find a way to help Fiji fully participate again. If we could just stop pointing the finger. The way I see it the interim-Government needs assistance and helpful input on how to proceed in very practical terms regarding their future election. I'm sure we all know -including Fiji, that they have to have one, just as I'm surely that there are practical things needing to be put in place in order for them to do that. Would you and I know how to put on an election? I certainly wouldn't have a clue. Elections also cost money but it's wonderful New Guinea has offered to fund Fiji's election. That's what I call practical help.

Excuse me folks. didn't mean to hijack the thread ! Fiji is a pet subject of mine at the moment.

Returning to whether James will receive a nighthood or not in terms of being recognised for achievements toward humanity ---- he's certainly well on his way to one!!!!
Post #18069
Posted 27 May 2009 04:13
Supreme Being

Last Login: 13 March 2011 04:55
I certainly hope Blunty gets one! I'm sure that as as American, my opinion probably doesnt matter that much, but the 2 names that come to my mind rather than Ted Kennedy are Bono and Tiger Woods.
Post #18070
Posted 27 November 2016 11:12

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 December 2018 14:54
If James should receive a knighthood, don't let Princess Beatrice do it.
Post #278341
Posted 28 November 2016 18:10

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 January 2019 19:43
If he's knighted one day for real, he will probably have a big grin on his face remembering the Princess Beatrice's incident.

Post #278364
Posted 30 November 2016 15:48

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 July 2018 21:42
I hope he does . I'd be so happy for him, I might even break out my fancy dinner wares to have a beef burger, with a side of spicy chicken wings, one carrot stick, and a Corona.
Post #278381
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 8:33am