James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««1234»»»

Why Do I Fall? Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 22 September 2011 11:03
Thank you LilMonkey for posting this.

I was so much in need of a new song from James.

I love it. It is so beautiful. His voice is pitch perfect, and crystal clear, and he sings it with such haunting tenderness.

At first we the listener will feel he is singing about falling in love, but at the end he 'disclaims' that. Which is sad. But it reminds me of 'I'm not in love' as although denying it, reading between the lines love is winning.

It has a French feel, and the piano and violins help to make it so romantic. I think James should use violins more often, it adds so much. Maybe he could perform with the London philharmonic like Cliff did once?

I wonder whether he wrote this himself? Is he that able to tap into French romantic music?

I know it will be a new favourite of mine.

Love is all about surrender. It is scary and lonely if it is not reciprocated.

Post #173090
Posted 21 March 2011 23:36

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 25 February 2014 14:03
You can hear the refrain of the song here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Titeuf-Bof/dp/B004SCQNSO/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk

Post #173100
Posted 22 March 2011 01:06

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
I can feel a trip to the cinema coming on soon...

W'fan
Post #173109
Posted 22 March 2011 02:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
I thought you would be interested to read this excerpt (translated in English by Google). More than 20 millions albums of the cartoon have been sold, translated in 25 languages. It seems to be a very good opportunity for James to take part in this adventure.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-72522.html

"James Blunt on "Titeuf " is almost surreal. The alliance between the two worlds, that of Titeuf and singer, is the least original. I would add that it may be unexpected for this project.

From the moment we had Johnny Hallyday, Jean-Jacques Goldman, Francis Cabrel, Alain Souchon and Bénabar, it was much easier to have other artists. Obviously the record company was more willing to offer us. Moreover, the timings have been profitable to us, which is not the case for all projects, especially in music.

Listening to the song by James Blunt, this is also true that with Alain Souchon, we notice that they are very similar to what these two artists can produce by themselves. Why this desire to offer them songs corresponding to their songs rather than a more original song?

For Blunt, musicians wrote a song for him "à la James Blunt" so to speak. It's a great song they had but they have improved to match his musical universe."

And for those of you who don't know Titeuf (including myself), here's a good resume:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titeuf
Post #173121
Posted 22 March 2011 08:28

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 November 2015 11:34
I listen to this song since yesterday morning and I love it beautiful melody with violin
Post #173139
Posted 22 March 2011 10:29

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 22 September 2011 11:03
Thanks jbfan132.

Here is the full article via google translate.

French to English translation
PTA meeting, the creator of Titeuf
In less than a generation, Titeuf has become a popular figure whose adventures are destined for both children and adults. In continuation of his work is now a film that will soon be in French cinema, a few days ahead of its soundtrack sung by some famous artists such as Jean Jacques Goldman, or Johnny Hallyday.

Twenty years after creating his character Titeuf, PTA offers a feature that will appear in theaters April 6. After the comic and cartoon, so it's on the big screen, and music that PTA reveals the universe which he calls unashamedly his "baby." The soundtrack for this film (in stores on March 21), occupying a prime position, is an opportunity for Francophone artists and popular international meet. We went to the PTA meeting to learn how to work with Johnny Hallyday, Jean Jacques Goldman, James Blunt and Gregory, among others, took place.

Meeting with PTA

"When I write lyrics Titeuf, are also mine that are conveyed. "
Titeuf is twenty years, a character, a comic, a cartoon, and now a movie. You participate fully in every project, taking instructions. It is a desire or rather the fear that you delegate control?
PTA: I like working by myself. I'm still very surrounded. For music in particular, I am surrounded by great artists a strong presence throughout the film. Afterwards, I'd say that especially Titeuf is my character. It's sort of my baby. Its existence is a miracle to me. I created and nobody really knows why he is so successful. One could draw many theories, of course. For me, the way to work on this character, it's about intimacy. When I write lyrics Titeuf, where even what his emotions, are also mine that are conveyed through this character. Based on this idea when I was offered this film, I immediately said yes, provided only that I am in control of the project. For music, it's exactly the same thing. I'm not a real musician, so I can not do it in its entirety. Still, I took matters in hand and asked for myself that I moved music Titeuf. So I need to surround myself with people whom I trust and who know Titeuf.

Titeuf yet continue to exist well beyond you.
No, this is not possible. It is related to me. This is my part of childhood and not that of someone else. This is also why I can not industrialize Titeuf: I can not explain who is Titeuf to others to make them do live by themselves.

Could you imagine a movie without music Titeuf?
What is certain is that I do not imagine without music. It is inherent in his world. I wanted there to be entertainment, space opera, watches, cowboy. The universe of Titeuf is simple: it's his room, its classification and school yard. It's all part of the imaginary character who can develop a film project.

"I had never written songs for artists like Sinatra and Souchon. "
And this imagination has been set to music by Jean Jacques Goldman, among others. This is because it is one of your friends it was easy working with him?
This is someone with whom I have a friendly relationship and to whom I trust. I would also say that Jean-Jacques is good advice because it does not try to make something up to serve his interests. I just sent him to ask him if he knew someone to do my music. At that time, I did not even call him and his team. Spontaneously, Jean-Jacques Goldman wanted to work on this music. He truly offer his services, explaining that he would tailor-made. It was also much easier for me to go into production with the knowledge that my project was supported by Jean-Jacques Goldman. It was a great experience for me. I had already written songs but never for the likes of Sinatra and Souchon. Outrageous!

There was also Johnny Hallyday. It's a surprise to combine the world of this artist with that of Titeuf.
The sequence in which it appears, it was clear to me that it would not work if Johnny really embodied the character. Once you hear his voice, we understand the nature of the character. It was he who brought this: image of a fighter who has been through everything. Here could be that if Johnny accepted, otherwise the sequence of the film disappeared.

The sequence of the film was made with Johnny, and Johnny. And participation in the B.O came next.
The sequence was written in that spirit. It was only after I wrote the song before a team's model. Everything was done in the spirit of the song Johnny. I'm not sure he was convinced by hearing my comp to me. Once the work is completed, it took the contact and waiting for his response fingers crossed. He quickly contacted us to accept. Then it's to meet him that time was long. At that time, he was in full tour. It was the summer of 2009. We had to actually record the songs before it can produce animations above. The soundtrack was recorded more than a year and a half in reality. It was also between two stages for him, and just before his health problems. It was not easy and although it was complicated, the timing was fortunate in the end.

Watch the video of the studio recording the soundtrack of "Titeuf"

All tracks were recorded in 2009?
No, not exactly. These are all the songs on which it is animation. The song girls, one of the striptease, Johnny ... They needed to be stored upstream, while the remaining pieces, which only appears on the album, did not need to be ready before. Is the case with that of James Blunt.

James Blunt on "Titeuf" is almost surreal. The alliance between the two worlds, that of Titeuf and singer, is the least original. I would add that it may be unexpected for this project.
From the moment we had Johnny Hallyday, Jean-Jacques, Francis Cabrel, Alain Souchon and Bénabar, it was much easier to have other artists. Obviously the record company was more willing to offer us. Moreover, the timings we have been profitable, which is not the case for all projects, especially in music.

"All the artists are willing to sing on this record, it was just great. "
Listening to the song by James Blunt, this is also true that with Alain Souchon, we notice that they are very similar to these two artists can produce by themselves. Why this desire to offer their securities to their corresponding pieces rather than more original?
For Blunt, musicians wrote a song for him to "James Blunt" so to speak. It's a great song they had but they have improved to match his world. Regarding the song Souchon, I had written well before offering. This is a song "titeufienne" because it involves issues peculiar to my character. Even before the film there, people told me that this title made them think Souchon. So it was obvious that he sings. This artist has a childish side that corresponded perfectly to the world of Titeuf. It was just appointed.

What artists were essential for you to this soundtrack?
All, each in their own way. They all talk about one aspect of the film and the character. They are essential. All artists willing to sing on this record, it was just great.

Jonathan HAMARD

It seems that muscians wrote the song to match James' type of music, and what a good match they did

Titeuf seems like such a character. Yes I would like to see the movie too Wolverine, do you think they will have this French movie in our cinemas? If not maybe we will have to wait to download it via itunes in the future? With subtitles I barely remember my French lessons at school, but if they say vous répéter la question s'il vous plaît' then I will understand it because I used this a lot in my oral exam

Post #173146
Posted 22 March 2011 19:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 November 2017 20:33
Oooh this song is so sweet... *-* I love it!!!!

Is there no way to buy only the single track? I would love to listen to it completely.... this is the kind of song that I wanted to listen to James has never disappointed his audience!!!

Post #173198
Posted 22 March 2011 21:46

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 31 March 2015 16:59
Until now, Ginny, I only saw it to buy the whole album...

I loved this song!
But hell!!! I wanted to buy it, but sites I'm going to do it, it's only for European people
Me and my friends in America want it too!!!
That's injustice!
Post #173218
Posted 26 March 2011 18:50
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Now available on Itunes, but you can only download the whole album cost £7.99 you can't buy the song only.
Play.com £6.99
Post #173755
Posted 27 March 2011 12:17

Supreme Being

Thank you Lady Blunt

I think I'll download the whole album if it's the only way to listen to this song. Just the preview sent shivers down to my spine. Wow.

Post #173799
Posted 27 March 2011 18:55

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

None works here
you don't know how Brazil is complicated
Post #173842
Posted 28 March 2011 19:33

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 December 2018 13:38
Hauntingly lovely.

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #173946
Posted 29 March 2011 08:17

Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 July 2013 21:54
We'll go to see the film beginning of April, my girls are big fans!  

Really nice song....

Do you think I'll dare tell my husband one of the soundtrack song was composed and sung by James or just see if it recognizes his voice (which is more likely!)

Post #173975
Posted 31 March 2011 02:50

Supreme Being

I can't stop listening this song in loop. Soooo addictive. Hope to see the movie soon in Canada.
Post #174170
Posted 02 April 2011 18:49
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 24 October 2013 13:12
Why doesn't somebody put the song on YouTube or something? Then everybody is able to enjoy it!!!
Post #174375
Posted 05 April 2011 15:03

Supreme Being

So, tomorrow will be the big day for all the French fans

Are you going to watch the film?

I cannot download the song, I don't know why

Post #174609
Posted 06 April 2011 00:54

Supreme Being

Thanks to Poppy, member of the French Fan Club for finding this little gem:

http://www.tsr.ch/video/info/3061807-zep-james-blunt.html#id=3061807

This is possibly our only chance to see James sing this song. I don't expect to hear it in concert. So enjoy!
Post #174684
Posted 06 April 2011 01:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 March 2017 23:57
Thanks to Poppy and jbfan132
Post #174687
Posted 06 April 2011 02:22

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
OMG thank you Poppy and Jbfan132 for bring to us this!! is wonderful!! thank you!
Post #174697
Posted 06 April 2011 07:15

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 March 2017 21:04
WoNdErFuL!

Here we go again...
Post #174704
Posted 06 April 2011 11:32

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:45
THANK YOU poppy and jbfan132!!   
Post #174717
Posted 06 April 2011 13:58

Supreme Being

Last Login: 15 March 2018 07:44
Why Do I Fall - James Blunt

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/203U2l6Dx4c/

Post #174731
Posted 06 April 2011 15:09

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 03:24
Eilleenblue thank you very much for the song is so sweet and lovely!!
Post #174734
Posted 06 April 2011 16:29

Supreme Being

Merci beaucoup Poppy et Jbfan132 pour avoir partagè ça avec nous

Thank you eileenblue too :*

I just love this song! A little bit cinical and sad maybe, but James's words are unique. So sweet! Thank you, thank you!!!!!

Post #174738
Posted 06 April 2011 19:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
it doesn´t matter which vocals, which melody James "takes" in his mouth

it ever 100% hits my heard!!!

inaxxx

Post #174754
Posted 06 April 2011 20:08
Supreme Being

eileenblue, thanks for posting the link. It is lovely to hear the full version of this song.
Post #174764
Posted 07 April 2011 08:10

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 March 2017 21:04
Thank you eileen

Here we go again...
Post #174798
Posted 09 April 2011 08:35

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 November 2018 12:00
I am so flashed by this song. Wow. Cannot describe it with my own words.

Thank you James for doing what you do.
Post #174991
Posted 09 April 2011 18:23
Supreme Being

Just bought the Titeuf CD on eBay, looking forward to listening to the song. I didn't like the idea of downloading the whole album on itunes, much prefer a CD.
Post #175030
Posted 09 April 2011 23:03

Forum Member

Thank YOU!
the song is awesome!
Post #175052
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««1234»»»

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:39am