James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Why Do I Fall? Expand / Collapse
Author

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 25 February 2014 14:03
'Why Do I Fall?' is a new song from James, which is one of the songs on the soundtrack of the French animated film 'Titeuf'. You can hear the excerpt here: http://www.jbluntfrance.fr/why_do_i_fall__2302.htm

It is probably one of the best songs James has written and the song he must be quite proud of
Post #172482
Posted 17 March 2011 22:24

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
Wow, a new song? Really?? I can't find where to listen to it!! I'm in the US. I would love to hear it.
Post #172484
Posted 17 March 2011 22:27
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 25 February 2017 18:36
Thanks for posting the link lilmonkey. 
Post #172485
Posted 17 March 2011 22:32

Supreme Being

Thanks, lilmonkey. I heard a little clip of it.
Post #172486
Posted 17 March 2011 22:40
Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 January 2017 15:38
thank you lilmonkey
seems a good song!

@hooked: when you click on the link, you have to scroll down and on the right side you'll find a little button to play the song.. hope you find it!
Post #172487
Posted 17 March 2011 22:49

Supreme Being

Thanks, Sina. I did find it. Would be nice to hear the whole song.
Post #172488
Posted 17 March 2011 22:54
Supreme Being

Last Login: 25 February 2017 18:36
The whole chatroom is in tears now!
Post #172489
Posted 17 March 2011 22:59

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 June 2018 00:16
oh wow, it sounds lovely - hopefully we'll hear the full song soon, thanks lilmonkey!

Post #172490
Posted 17 March 2011 23:06

Supreme Being

It sounds sad and haunting.
Post #172491
Posted 17 March 2011 23:13

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
Sounds good...I'm eager to hear more of this song.  Wonder if some of the lyrics are sung in French?  Also wonder if this could be released as a single in France, if the film does well?

Thanks to the French fansite/boardies for sending us this little gem.

W'fan
Post #172494
Posted 17 March 2011 23:25

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
It's beautiful! I can listen to it over and over.

Merci!!
Post #172498
Posted 18 March 2011 00:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 20:43
Thanks for posting lilmonkey.

And this voice, this beautiful voice touches my heart as always. Yes TrixieF, tears are not far.

I don't know this cartoon, but it won't be the case for a long time.
Post #172511
Posted 18 March 2011 02:10

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 June 2018 01:18
Lilmonkey, thank you for posting this clip.. I had played it and wanted to see if perhaps there were lyrics I could read to Why Do I Fall. I didn't find any, instead found these.. Some of these songs I've read before. But will post here some.. There were others on there too.. Some to have wonder, others that even seem stranger.. Yes, it's the artist I like very much.. Not all may I relate to, but can anyone person say they truely know another. What doubt may fill our minds, what's travels we wish to leave behind and carry on or face it and fianlly live life. What is life, if life isn't lived.  All one can say, don't wait around for it to happen..

__

__

What i have become

She took me for granted Delivered wisdom to my door On top of the world, subscribed for life With an outline of my soul put to sleep I think you understand me Talking about hopes of help and dreams of war And Moscow calling Footsteps on the floor What have I become? What have I become? What have I become? Don't give up now Tomorrow's empires will come And broken bones constitute my strength And the shadow of death will die You ain't seen nothing yet Through the darkness, I cry And a way of life is gone A way of life is gone A way of life is gone What have I become? Strange meeting I'm on the move A house divided with ugly scandals Watching my back Listening for the echoes of an evil past Was this how the legend was formed? Mixed signals, so fools rush in And precious few, precious few Have sense enough to see what's right And I finally say I am gone They finally hear I am gone What have you become?

__

__

Jerusalem

All persons concerned Prepare to bring about Great pleasure or stimulation I can hardly control myself Don't know what to say There's a voice that's calling me From far away I am no prophet No more than you But the way these things are coming to me They've got to be true The people on the street And the dogs at their feet Don't know what they're missing Don't know what they've got in their mind's eye and I hear I don't wanna be here Let's quit this show Just leave your friends here They'll never know I won't fall because we all forgot the line All scheming elation All scheming elation All persons concerned Prepare to bring about Great Pleasure or stimulation You can hardly control yourself You just might die God's looking down on you So don't be shy You had your moments You've done your best And all the memorable things you've done Got to give them a rest But people on the streets And the dogs at their feet They don't even know you They don't even know your name And you're here I don't wanna be here Let's quit this show Just leave your friends here They'll never know I won't fall because we all forgot the line All scheming elation All scheming elation All scheming elation Jerusalem Jerusalem Jerusalem is here Goodbye my friend Take heed the end Jerusalem is here

__

__

Freedom

Let me show you my emotions Tell you how I feel Hear my simple notions To me they're very real Can't you see they've got it wrong Set their morals high But it all comes down to one simple fact In the end we all die So why can't we be free to do what we please Oh be free, get up off our knees Stop this facade, this silly game we play We set these rules which we can't obey Its not real, this ain't how it should be This can't be life if we must pay a fee Break the chains and throw down the book Give me a chance to give back what they took Please take in what I tell you Don't throw it away For the wisdom of God Is mine for today You live every hour with a lover by your side But when morning has come You still have secrets to hide So tell me what you're feeling Let me touch your inner soul The reason I'm here Is to make you feel whole So quit your inhibitions The morals of this world Forgot to think of one small point I'm a boy and you're a girl And we should be free to do what we please Oh be free, get up off our knees Stop this facade, this silly game we play We set these rules which we can't obey Its not real, this ain't how it should be This can't be life if we must pay a fee Break the chains and throw down the book Give me a chance to give back what they took I said what I had to say Said what makes me tick If you've listened to me thoroughly Then you and I are quits I may not have changed the way you think But at least I've had a try And I know that I'll have peace of mind When I die

__

__

I don't believe

I don't believe in what they say, I don't believe in the morals they set. Cause I believe I don't have to regret, Whatever happens when we have met. And can't you see that you are stuck, In this poor world where life is luck. And, no one really gives a damn, What you want or who I am. And, oh I think I've had enough, Your attitude is really rough. Stop getting high on all this shit, You can't hide in the corner to escape, from it. Oh, I can't see why I should, Carry on not understood. By moralistic people who, Don't believe in what I do. You seem to think that you are free, Living in democracy. But the other people all around, Will talk about you, and put you down. And, oh I think I've had enough, Their attitude is oh so rough. Let's quit this moralistic crap, Leave me alone, and get off my back. Well, the image conscious who reject me, Have their rep but they're not free. Setting standards for a show, But do they live life, oh no. They talk about being cool, Stick like sheep, and play the rules. You've heard their morals and you agree, Stuck with them and not with me. I don't believe in what you said. I don't believe in promises. But I can believe you let me down. Lovin' life over now. Over now, over now. Over now. I don't believe in what they say, I don't believe in the morals they set. Cause I believe I don't have to regret, Whatever happens when we have met. And can't you see that you are stuck, In this poor world where life is luck. And, no one really gives a damn, What you want or who I am. And, oh I think I've had enough, Your attitude is really rough. Stop getting high on all this shit, You can't hide in the corner to escape, from it. From it.

Post #172515
Posted 18 March 2011 21:26
Supreme Being

Last Login: 02 March 2016 07:51
Love the song, where can i buy it?
Post #172624
Posted 18 March 2011 21:38

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: 31 March 2015 16:59
I love it!
Hope I can buy!

''Freedom'' is one of my favorites non-album tracks
Post #172626
Posted 19 March 2011 01:24

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 25 February 2014 14:03
The soundtrack will be released on 21st of March. So quite soon, actually
Post #172647
Posted 19 March 2011 14:58
Supreme Being

Is the whole song, sung in english?
Post #172681
Posted 19 March 2011 15:20
Supreme Being

You can buy the song on play.com but you have to download the whole album, you can't just download the song by it's self. Cost 6.99.
Also saw the CD album on Amazon, but no info about cost.
Post #172686
Posted 19 March 2011 17:54

Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

It seems James is playing in every song of the album, but singing only this one
I would buy the whole album
Post #172706
Posted 19 March 2011 17:55

Forum Member

I hate my credit card for not being ''international''
Post #172707
Posted 19 March 2011 19:46

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:45
Thanks for posting lilmonkey

Think I'll be buying the album

Post #172715
Posted 19 March 2011 20:54

Supreme Being

Even if I have to buy the album only to listen this single song, I want it! I can't wait to know what James has to say about his involvement in this project.
Post #172722
Posted 20 March 2011 09:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 23 March 2017 21:04
For those who can't listen to the extract with the link above,try this one and choose "Why do I fall" on the "Menu"
http://www.titeuf-lefilm.com/musique/

Here we go again...
Post #172754
Posted 21 March 2011 17:39

Supreme Being

The album is now available for download on Amazon France. I wrote down the lyrics, but if I'm wrong, don't hesitate to correct me.

Why Do I Fall

Ain't no time to wonder
Just accept, surrender
It's too late to wonder why
Love was not my first answer
But I'll see what is after
If I smile or if I cry

Chorus 2x
Why do I fall?
Why do I fall in love?
Why do I fall in love again?

Ain't no time for a game
When the wild is to blame
Ain't no time to a smile time
Thank you but I disclaim
With no regret and no shame
Never falling in love is not a crime

Chorus 3x

Post #173021
Posted 21 March 2011 18:03

Supreme Being

Thanks for the lyrics, jbfan

From the little clip I've heard I hear it a little differently:

Ain't no time for a game
Where no one is to blame
Ain't no time to waste my time

I can't wait to hear the whole song. The chorus sounds lovely.
Post #173024
Posted 21 March 2011 18:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 05 June 2018 01:18
Thank you Jbfan132!

The lyrics ring so many truths..

HOJ

From the little clip I've heard I hear it a little differently:

Ain't no time for a game
Where no one is to blame
Ain't no time to waste my time

As being a fan and like all his music and what it stands for, it was hearing those words that had me wanting to read the lyrics.. Yes, the chours is very beautiful..

Post #173029
Posted 21 March 2011 18:34

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 February 2018 17:30
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

immediately in my heard. wonderful melody with a wonderful voice!

Post #173031
Posted 21 March 2011 19:31

Supreme Being

Yes, the words are really lovely. I will enjoy hearing him sing the entire song. I hope we can hear it soon.

P.S. It sounds like he 'ain't' had no English teacher neither!!
Post #173051
Posted 21 March 2011 21:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:57
[b]
P.S. It sounds like he 'ain't' had no English teacher neither!!

Yeah, he should speak proper, like what i do!
Post #173074
Posted 21 March 2011 22:13

Supreme Being

Thanks for your help Hooked. You're right, now I hear the words you said. This version should be 99.9% accurate:

Why Do I Fall

Ain't no time to wonder
Just accept surrender
It's too late to wonder why
Love was not my first answer
But I'll see what is after
If I smile or if I cry

Chorus 2x
Why do I fall?
Why do I fall in love?
Why do I fall in love again?

Ain't no time for a game