James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Cover tips for JB songs Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 17 May 2012 15:31
 I can see the teacher's face from here : What do you want to learn/work on exactly ?

ermm. James Blunt's songs?

This year's too busy but well, I'll try to have a few lessons if i find some time off and an...open-minded teacher.

Post #194351
Posted 01 October 2011 10:05

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Annie tips : I used the original tabs removed the capo to sing it lower (because of the chorus ..or because of my pharingitis, don't know!).

Some no chords here and there as you can see in the video to fit the song, and basically a DDU/DDU, cut on the first two chords and at some places.

It's not a glorious cover but it's just a simple means to play and sing it between friends...

I wish i could play on the piano...maybe in another life

Post #195502
Posted 01 October 2011 11:42
Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 June 2012 07:19
very nice version, I posted my comments on YT Cassiop.  I am at home singing today, not sure if I will post something unless I feel happy with what I do first.  At the moment I am practicing Song Bird, Fleetwood Mac, and now I have the chords to SKOT, will have a go at some songs,  probably not dangerous though!
Post #195505
Posted 12 October 2011 12:35

Supreme Being

LOL the trouble with the SKOT album (indeed) is that I feel that on most of the songs you really have to have a band...Like for "Heart of Gold"...the electric guitar part can't be played on its own (too much silence), neither can the rest.

I'll be your man alone is just as tricky (tricky enough to sing for us women, hey!)

So then for us it becomes a matter of adaptation...it takes time...;-)

I'll have a go at REM losing my religion this week-end or the next, depending on the amount of work I have to do...I'm preparing Halloween for the kids..

Post #196741
Posted 12 October 2011 12:40
Supreme Being

Cassiop funny I have spent the morning practicing Goodbye My Lover.  I agree with you about the SKOT album, I think they are for bands and more for men or pop people to sing, not old folkies like me!  Looking forward to your REM, great song, I love them to pieces too, the lead vocalist, what a fascinating person he is. 

Post #196743
Posted 03 December 2011 14:02
Supreme Being

www.jamplay.com - a great online facility, I just discovered this, you can tune your guitar by ear or by digital tuning.   
Post #201997
Posted 12 December 2011 19:00

Supreme Being

no time to see that now but I'm on Xmas holiday in a week so i'll try another Blunt guitar cover...and some U2

Put all the other vids private expect carry you home, stays the best I did. Maybe i'll have another go once my lessons are over...

Post #202838
Posted 13 December 2011 15:45

Supreme Being

oops thread error.

I put No tears and fall at your feet back on line.

Got mixed with the two threads as I wanted to put a few tips to play If Time is all I have on the guitar (when you haven't got Ben's stunning fingers = meaning capo 4 or 6  and almost  no barred chords).

Will be back to paste it here with the chords...

Post #202908
Posted 16 May 2012 14:01

Supreme Being

Hey there! I'm really busy these says as you can see...having a big board break to spend time either with my family, for my job  or playing the guitar...

No covers for the moment, I'm trying to catch up with all the things I did not learn from a proper teacher as I was self-tuiting... I found the perfect guitar teacher considering I'm really not easy to please (as i do what i want mostly)

My teacher's the best : he did such a wonderful job for me, working on an acoustic version on 1973 plus the intro, for one guitar only.

What was really funny is that I'm not really sure he knew James Blunt from the start...being more a metal fan...a few months later he's humming "1973" while accompagnying me... Stunning!

Please Susan, do continue the thread, I swear i'll be back...at the lastest when James will be ;-)

...Anyway I've still got my guitar for him to sign for his next album launch ( I wish!) and we've still got a duet to sing and play Susan!

Post #214052
Posted 16 May 2012 14:42
Supreme Being

hi cassiope, well from one "miracle" to another - I am not joking about this morning it was true and i have the branch leaf brought in by Layla this mornign, drying in a book to keep.

while you were on the site I was recording if time is all i have, what a coincidence!

It's on an mp3 format which i can't upload yet, but if i can transfer over to youtube, then i will be able to share it, hopefully with no major critics please!

Glad your lessons are going well and that you are back here too, really nice to hear from you again, feels like old times
Post #214055
Posted 17 May 2012 15:37

Supreme Being

Well I'm in the old times it seems... like getting older I mean...

My teacher (who did not understand all the lyrics of 1973) kindly told  that the song "suited me well"... Needless to say I checked up my wrinkles in the mirror when back home...

Post #214095
Posted 06 March 2014 19:57

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 26 April 2018 23:36
CANT SEE IT EITHER SUSAN!!!! FREE IT!!!!...
Post #247793
Posted 07 March 2014 16:01

Supreme Being

thanks for putiing it free for us to see it susan:

i think youre VERY corageous to show us your feelings throu your song.....i always enjoy those who have no fear instead of hidding themselves...it takes a lot of self abcentance and a huge confiability...keep on singing...keep on feeling james....and be free

thanks!!!!
Post #247853
Posted 11 March 2014 16:32

Supreme Being

...come on...do ALL of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #248193
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:34pm