James Blunt

Please also select your country:

Confirm your location by clicking on the relevant flag above.

Do not show me this message again.

Home       Members    Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Stay The Night Expand / Collapse
Author

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 27 April 2014 06:40
That was a great link carldoil! Thanks for posting.
Post #139927
Posted 07 September 2010 14:57

Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 29 July 2013 00:44
Ginny, you're making perfect sense, to me at least

I have to disagree with the rest of you though, and I really do hate to say that. But so far, I'm not in love with the song. I like the beat but not too pleased with the lyrics, so far. I can't wait for Friday to hear the entire song and hope to love it like the rest of you. And I certainly hope it's not the best song from the new album. So sorry.....
Post #139949
Posted 07 September 2010 16:26

Supreme Being

Last Login: 04 April 2012 00:40
Sounds pretty tasty.....can't wait to hear the rest!
Post #139953
Posted 07 September 2010 19:18

Supreme Being

Last Login: 22 March 2011 08:47
I already love this song! can't wait to hear the rest!
Post #139971
Posted 07 September 2010 21:59

Supreme Being

Last Login: 19 September 2011 17:09
I like the new single so far .. definitely catchy and more upbeat .. looking forward to hearing the whole song later this week .
Post #140002
Posted 07 September 2010 22:18
Supreme Being

Last Login: 30 November 2017 10:11
I love this new song very catchy and I can't wait to hear it all, just love it and it's so great to hear a new song from James after so long
Post #140009
Posted 08 September 2010 01:21

Supreme Being

Last Login: 10 July 2018 01:41
Caught My Eye

"I have to disagree with the rest of you though, and I really do hate to say that. But so far, I'm not in love with the song. I like the beat but not too pleased with the lyrics, so far."

Not to worry CME...it's fine to disagree, it's a free country.

I've listened to the clip a couple more times now and I like it more each time I hear it.  It's SO damn catchy and cheerful...I wonder what the media will make of it?!  It's a nice change to have such happy vibes pouring out from James.  Let's face it, up till now most of his songs have been sad/poignant/pensive/troubled/profound...pretty serious stuff.  I don't mean that nastily, he's VERY good at covering the heavy stuff it and I love all his songs...but this is just so uplifting and is one of the few JB songs you could play at a party and actually dance to.  I will definitely be buying it and would love it to go stratospheric in the way that YB did...how maddening would that be for the JB haters , and how great it would be for James to have another huge hit.

W'fan
Post #140033
Posted 08 September 2010 01:24

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 16 January 2014 21:23
please.!! someone write the lyrics
Post #140034
Posted 08 September 2010 01:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 November 2017 14:32
Stay The Night

Hey! It's 72 degrees with zero chance of rain
It's been a perfect day
We're all spinning on our heels
So far away from real
In Califor-ni-a
We watched the sun set from my car
We all took it in
And by the time that it was dark you and me had something, yeah
And if this is what we've got
Then what we've got is gold
We're shining bright and I want you, I want you to know
The morning's on its way
Our friends all said goodbye
There's nowhere else to go
I hope that you'll stay the night
Oooooh-ooh, you'll stay the night
Woooooh-ooh yeah

Post #140036
Posted 08 September 2010 02:29

Supreme Being

Group: Banned Members
Last Login: 01 November 2010 15:49
Can't wait to see the video. I think James may be doing some Salsa. I hope so, I read somewhere that he was learning. That was some years back though around the time I used to go. I agree with Wolfy it is a tune to dance to. Just so good to hear him sing new material, we have waited so long. And agree that James is an expert at the heavy stuff, but it's good to give us something to make us feel happy as well as melancholy. Although it is modern it is different with a style of it's own. Can't wait for the full version. 'i'm in the mood for dancing, romancing...'

http://a.imageshack.us/img641/7449/heartofgoldbanner3.jpg
Post #140038
Posted 08 September 2010 02:54
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 10 March 2011 18:33
Absolutely awesome. Hopefully some very good person will find a way to get this off the radio and on to youtube, so that we may all enjoy.
Post #140040
Posted 08 September 2010 04:02

Supreme Being

Last Login: 13 March 2015 20:24
hookedonJames (08/09/2010)
Stay The Night

Hey! It's 72 degrees with zero chance of rain
It's been a perfect day
We're all spinning on our heels
So far away from real
In Califor-ni-a
We watched the sun set from my car
We all took it in
And by the time that it was dark you and me had something, yeah
And if this is what we've got
Then what we've got is gold
We're shining bright and I want you, I want you to know
The morning's on its way
Our friends all said goodbye
There's nowhere else to go
I hope that you'll stay the night
Oooooh-ooh, you'll stay the night
Woooooh-ooh yeah

Thanks Hooked for writing this out for us ...

The only thing I hear differently from you is "the moon is on its way" (not "the morning") ... but hey-ho, I could be wrong

Post #140049
Posted 08 September 2010 09:52

Supreme Being

Last Login: 27 April 2014 06:40
It immediately put me in mind of 'Hey Soul Sister' by Train, especially the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tglSCIpaXPs

Post #140071
Posted 08 September 2010 13:25

Supreme Being

You're welcome. Well... moon, morning...same thing. lol

Hey! Guess what the temp is going to be here today...72 degrees! haha! I immediately thought of this song! So cute!

The beginning when he is doing the woooo-oh's reminded me of Soul Sister.
Post #140095
Posted 08 September 2010 14:24

Supreme Being

Last Login: 20 November 2017 20:33
Wow, thank you Hooked for the lyrics! I'm so in love with this song

Yeah, it reminds me of "Hey, Soul Sister!" by Train. But whatever... this is better

I just CAN'T WAIT to hear the full song... James never disappoints us

Post #140108
Posted 08 September 2010 14:57

Supreme Being

It is a fun song and James said the album is fun! Is it Friday yet? I am anxious to hear the rest of the song. I wonder if he gets the girl. lol
Post #140111
Posted 08 September 2010 16:31

Supreme Being

Hope she doesn't stay the night.

Post #140121
Posted 08 September 2010 17:11

Supreme Being

Last Login: 14 December 2018 21:59
I think it's a "feel good song", just perfect to be launched in full version on a Friday and then be listen to every day of the year.
Post #140124
Posted 08 September 2010 19:01

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 November 2014 09:09
I think, that posterior minutes of this song will be wonderfully exciting! I'm curious the new video! Can't wait! James is so secretive and funs are so anxious now! Friday is so far!...
Post #140137
Posted 08 September 2010 21:31

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 November 2017 20:57
hope James is going to be successful with this one...
it's not quite my taste please let there be some of the old "blunt"-type songs on the new album, too.

you're perfectly right, kitinia and Rebeccalynn_Dj, sounds quite a bit like Train but at least this song was hitting the charts all over the world ...
Post #140155
Posted 08 September 2010 21:55

Supreme Being

Last Login: 03 November 2014 09:09
kejy (08/09/2010)

it's not quite my taste please let there be some of the old "blunt"-type songs on the new album, too.

I agree with you. But...on the other side I'm happy, because I think James is more optimistic than in last years. It's good. Good for Him.
and...Back to Badlam will be my special album forever. I know that.
Post #140158
Posted 09 September 2010 08:25

Supreme Being

James said in his twitter yesterday that he has learned the song 'Stay the Night' for Sunday. Does that mean he did not write it? Or does he regret everyone knowing about the mystery girl he watched the sunset with? James it's too late. The secret is out.

Post #140204
Posted 09 September 2010 11:08
Supreme Being

Last Login: 21 March 2013 10:56
This song is wonderful, my little boy (well he is 12 now) and was once described here from the Ozzie Boardies who met him as a mini Beardie, just loves Hey Soul Sister and ever since playing the new song to him he is walking around singing it instead. Lol He proudly pronounces "Well Mum, It Is Catchy!!" Can't wait to have James on Main Stream Radio once again, it's been a while.
Post #140208
Posted 09 September 2010 14:43

Supreme Being

Last Login: 16 March 2015 23:29
Love the song and the lyrics. i think it will do really well on the airwaves.
Post #140229
Posted 09 September 2010 15:20

Supreme Being

Last Login: 11 December 2018 13:38
This one's a hit for sure.
Radio stations are going to eat this one up.

Spinning on my heels....so far away from real <3
Post #140232
Posted 09 September 2010 19:49

Supreme Being

Tomorrow is the day we get to hear the whole song!! I agree it is a very good song for the radio! I hope we hear it a lot.
Post #140254
Posted 10 September 2010 01:37

Supreme Being

Last Login: 29 May 2017 18:45
Even, i know my opinions are based on hearing just a part of this song,i want to comment:

For the first time i hear it, i thought was wonderful,but then i listen one more time, without rush, and my brain was questioning all the time- "where the hell i heard something similar as this ?"And then i realised like most of you it was "Hey,Soul Sister-by Train".The music is very upbeat,it's a song to dance,clapping,cheerful, but the music is still a pastiche...and for this reason i don't think will be a hit or a number one for my/other's sadness...

And by now i'm just remembering some John Lennon words about how important is for  a musician to be creative and innovating in order to be successful...

I hope the new album include better ones or a better one

As about the lyrics, i'm sure we will see what we are used to---his poetic vein...

Isn't this single about being "Gay Tonight"? Maybe not...

Post #140311
Posted 10 September 2010 02:14

Supreme Being

Hi Granja,

I felt that the picking in the very beginning could be similar with maybe similar instruments but there are only so many notes and there's bound to be parts of songs that sound a bit like others. The beginning of HSS is Hey, Hey, etc. and STN is woooh-oooohoo, wooooh-ooohoo, etc. But I know you are referring to the music.

I do think this song could be very successful. I personally don't see it as being very much like HSS, but I will listen again closely to the music. We are all entitled to our opinions of course and I think James is very creative and comes up with a lot of different kinds of music. So far, I like this song.

So you think the music only sounds too much like HSS? I think it's very hard to tell as you said since we only got a very small part of the song. We will hear more tomorrow.

Granja (10/09/2010)
Even, i know my opinions are based on hearing just a part of this song,i want to comment:

For the first time i hear it, i thought was wonderful,but then i listen one more time, without rush, and my brain was questioning all the time- "where the hell i heard something similar as this ?"And then i realised like most of you it was "Hey,SoulSister-by Train".The music is very upbeat,it's a song to dance,clapping,cheerful, but the music is still a pastiche...and for this reason i don't think will be a hit or a number one for my/other's sadness...

And by now i'm just remembering someJohn Lennonwords about how important is fora musicianto be creative and innovating in order to be successful...

I hope the new album include better ones or a better one

As about the lyrics, i'm sure we will see what we are used to---his poetic vein...

Isn't this single about being "Gay Tonight"?Maybe not...
Post #140313
Posted 10 September 2010 07:58

Supreme Being

Last Login: 17 September 2017 06:10
It's 2 hours to go until they play 'Stay The Night' on the radio.....Why doesn't BBC list it in their program for that show and time?? An World premiere of a new song and they don't list it???

This is what BBC has written:

"Ken Bruce including the final 2 favourites of Sheryl Crow on Tracks of my years today she picks tracks from two legends, Al Green and Marvin Gaye. Plus all your regular favourites including Popmaster, Record and Album of the Week and a Love Song."
Post #140327
Posted 10 September 2010 09:24
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 13 September 2013 22:04
Can't wait to listen the full song on the radio! I do like it! =D

PS James, if you ever come back for a concert in Italy (and for the first time in Rome), remember that... By the time it's getting dark and there's nowhere else to go, I hope you'll stay the night! ;P

I lost myself again in the mirror of my past.

Cuando manda el orgullo siempre reina la desgracia.

Dame la condena de el que sabe que sin ti me muero yo...

Post #140332
Prev Topic | Next Topic

All times are GMT, Time now is 2:10am